• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:15
CEST 03:15
KST 10:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8589 users

Ultimate Marvel v Capcom 3 - Page 15

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 30 Next All
Shiragaku
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Hong Kong4308 Posts
January 16 2012 00:44 GMT
#281
So I am building a team for Zero. I am currently using Zero/Akuma/Ammy but I am thinking about moving to another team.

I am considering these teams.

Zero/Dante/Trish
Zero/Vergil/Hawkeye
Zero/Strider/Taskmaster
Zero/Akuma/Morrigan

Please offer suggestions and reasons since most of you probably know the game better than me.
2WeaK
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada550 Posts
January 16 2012 00:58 GMT
#282
How do people learn 3 characters in mvc? -.-

I have problems getting the motivation to learn my third character...

My main team is Wolverine/???/Sentinel.

I've been thinking of picking up Wesker, but he doesn't interest me and I feel like my team would be full of "baby combo" characters, as my friends would call it. (Not that I have any problems with that, I just think I'd rather have a more technical character)

As for characters that I like, I've been wanting to pick up either Zero or Deadpool. But whenever I pick either of those, I always end up going in training mode with Wolverine and try to make better combos with Wolverine.

With Zero, I feel I lack the possibility to do extended combos with Wolverine, but Deadpool I manage to do 1.1mil with OTG assist and 2DHCs (I use deadpool third, Sentinel second if I want to set up for that). I heard that overall, Zero's a better character than Deadpool, but trying to primarily main Wolverine, who do you guys think would be a better fit for me? (Don't touch Sentinel, I use him to get in with those drones!)
VTArlock
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1763 Posts
January 16 2012 19:20 GMT
#283
On January 16 2012 09:44 Shiragaku wrote:
So I am building a team for Zero. I am currently using Zero/Akuma/Ammy but I am thinking about moving to another team.

I am considering these teams.

Zero/Dante/Trishv-> I'm a dante/trish fan and zero is one of my best charactors. Definite potential on this team, not sure if I agree with Trish as the anchor though.


Zero/Vergil/Hawkeye This could be an awesome team, Hawkeye is pure sex and so is virgil. This is the best team you submitted in this post and I don't have anything to say against it.


Zero/Strider/Taskmaster This is one of those teams that also dies really quickly, I believe they have a lot of synergy and work well together, but once again if you get blown up you're left with task level 3 xfactor which is awesome, but no assists :/ I have task on point for my team and believe thats where he belongs


Zero/Akuma/Morrigan -> simply no u have no health at all. All 3 of these guys die to one combo if your playing people with some slight knowledge.

Please offer suggestions and reasons since most of you probably know the game better than me.


I've made some comments on your teams
Why?
gosuMalicE
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada676 Posts
January 16 2012 19:42 GMT
#284
On January 16 2012 09:44 Shiragaku wrote:
So I am building a team for Zero. I am currently using Zero/Akuma/Ammy but I am thinking about moving to another team.

I am considering these teams.

Zero/Dante/Trish
Zero/Vergil/Hawkeye
Zero/Strider/Taskmaster
Zero/Akuma/Morrigan

Please offer suggestions and reasons since most of you probably know the game better than me.

Have you tried Zero/Dante/Akuma. That is my best team and has tons of assist synergy, plus akuma with lvl 3 x-factor is godmode.
I play Protoss, because lets face it, who doesn't love hyper-advanced Egyptian ninja-aliens that kill people with lightsabres attached to both arms?
AT_Tack
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany435 Posts
January 16 2012 20:07 GMT
#285
im Deadpool(Nemesis)/Dante/Vergil(Doom)

i like the deadpool dante synergy and i felt like i needed something mobile for my anchor. Nemesis hits hard takes a beating but is very immobile.
Sigrun
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1655 Posts
January 16 2012 20:28 GMT
#286
On January 16 2012 09:58 2WeaK wrote:
How do people learn 3 characters in mvc? -.-

I have problems getting the motivation to learn my third character...

My main team is Wolverine/???/Sentinel.

I've been thinking of picking up Wesker, but he doesn't interest me and I feel like my team would be full of "baby combo" characters, as my friends would call it. (Not that I have any problems with that, I just think I'd rather have a more technical character)

As for characters that I like, I've been wanting to pick up either Zero or Deadpool. But whenever I pick either of those, I always end up going in training mode with Wolverine and try to make better combos with Wolverine.

With Zero, I feel I lack the possibility to do extended combos with Wolverine, but Deadpool I manage to do 1.1mil with OTG assist and 2DHCs (I use deadpool third, Sentinel second if I want to set up for that). I heard that overall, Zero's a better character than Deadpool, but trying to primarily main Wolverine, who do you guys think would be a better fit for me? (Don't touch Sentinel, I use him to get in with those drones!)


If you want a more technical character you could try Dante or C. Viper, but it mostly depends on what assist you'd like (either an OTG or some kind of lockdown assist). I would say choose either Wolverine or Zero for your point character- having them both on the same team is rather redundant since they're both heavy rushdown, and neither have particularly good assists. I think Deadpool would make a good second character, as he has both a projectile assist and an OTG assist.

Sentinel by himself has a rather difficult time opening up good players though, so it might be a better idea to have Deadpool as anchor if you're comfortable with that.
Graphics
climax
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1088 Posts
January 16 2012 20:47 GMT
#287
Hey everybody, I'm rolling Capt America/Nemesis/Nova. I would like to know who else goes with with the Capt America? I can't drop him because he is just too much fun to play.
Twitter: @JonathanRosales
Mitsuwa
Profile Joined July 2010
United States793 Posts
January 19 2012 00:29 GMT
#288
On January 17 2012 05:47 climax wrote:
Hey everybody, I'm rolling Capt America/Nemesis/Nova. I would like to know who else goes with with the Capt America? I can't drop him because he is just too much fun to play.


Right now im running capt/mags/doom. Doom works really well with cap cause of his hidden missiles is perfectly timed with his charging star. So after a bnb knockdown combo, call doom, otg, hyper charging star then they get picked up by missiles then another hyper charging star. Plus dooms just great anyway. any projectile char assist is great with cap too. You can do a, b,c + assist, flip to other side abc and the mixup is really dirty.
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-19 01:40:23
January 19 2012 01:40 GMT
#289
CapA + Hawkeye is really good as well. You can use the arrows like any other projectile assist with calling hawkeye + flip, or you can get super buff combos with the otg arrow. I play cap a lot, and with hawkeye poison arrow you can do 1million damage bnb's.

C.Viper is actually a good character to mesh with cap. If people don't pushblock quick enough, blockstring into crossup with the viper overhead assist has never been blocked for me yet lol. Also, hyper charging star into viper's ulta 1 super (I have no idea what its called, it's the qcb one) combos for every bnb and for almost every hyper charging star since they almost always get pushed to the corner. The viper super, in addition to OTG'ing, does relatively unscaled damage, tagging on almost 200k even in a fully scaled combo. Burn kick is also good for combo extending at the end of a BnB (after a 2nd knockdown in or near the corner, call viper, otg shield slash, viper hits, L charging star, H charging star xx Hyper charging star gets extra damage and meter). DHCing from Viper back to cap works as well for a ton of damage, and you can do stupid gimmicks like H charging star, cancel it late to Hyper Stars and Stripes to beat an attempted punish, and even dhc to viper's qcf super if they attempt to punish that. It's stupid, but it absolutely will work at least once lol.

(I play Cap/Viper/Hawkeye)
instantnoodles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States190 Posts
January 21 2012 04:59 GMT
#290
http://www.twitch.tv/frieda0914

japanese tourny goin on now. pretty hype
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
January 21 2012 05:02 GMT
#291
Wright/Amaterasu/Fist.
▲ ▲ ▲
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
January 29 2012 02:09 GMT
#292
Team Spooky is streaming a tournament right now: http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky?utm_campaign=live_embed_click&utm_source=www.eventhubs.com
Twitter: @KingKosi
Shiragaku
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Hong Kong4308 Posts
January 29 2012 06:05 GMT
#293
Dear fucking God...Touhou in my Mahvel?
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
January 29 2012 07:16 GMT
#294
Crazy. Love seeing morrigan get taken seriously. I've been trying her out myself (with cap/morrigan/doom) for a little while myself, I think she's starting to work her way up the tier list.
Moony
Profile Joined April 2010
United States533 Posts
February 02 2012 02:45 GMT
#295
Hey guys, was wondering if anyone was playing in the Bay Area as i would like to get a Bar Fight started if people were interested:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/interested-in-barfight-s-south-bay-area.153850/
facebook.com/macromicrogaming
Flamingo777
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1190 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-02 03:02:33
February 02 2012 03:02 GMT
#296
On January 16 2012 09:58 2WeaK wrote:
How do people learn 3 characters in mvc? -.-

I have problems getting the motivation to learn my third character...



Well the first step is figuring out your comp/assist. Next you will want to gauge the situational advantages of your character where your other two's lack, or even supplement their offensive potential. A good place to start is practicing your B&Bs in practice mode. After you stop dropping combos, then it is a good idea to simply use the character you are trying to learn, even if it is your third, on point.

And if you are having a lack of motivation, just play Spencer o.O


+ Show Spoiler +
BIOOOOOOONIC ARMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!
Pufftrees
Profile Joined March 2009
2449 Posts
February 02 2012 04:16 GMT
#297
Lots of good action tonight! Love megamanSteves technology.
Chance favors the prepared mind.
Mitsuwa
Profile Joined July 2010
United States793 Posts
February 02 2012 07:34 GMT
#298
Wow, lawrence beat combofiend and sent him to losers? I missed that.
Pufftrees
Profile Joined March 2009
2449 Posts
February 02 2012 07:36 GMT
#299
Lol Megumixbear is there, props to her for showing up. Too bad AJ is terrible behind the mic.
Chance favors the prepared mind.
matiK23
Profile Joined May 2011
United States963 Posts
February 02 2012 07:56 GMT
#300
How was she there? Wasn't she streaming the same time?
Without a paddle up shit creek.
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings97
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech107
RuFF_SC2 60
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 454
Bale 16
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm209
League of Legends
Doublelift6533
JimRising 728
Counter-Strike
minikerr26
Other Games
summit1g10389
C9.Mang0311
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1155
BasetradeTV183
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP142
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 45m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
9h 45m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 45m
Replay Cast
21h 45m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 9h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.