• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:56
CEST 22:56
KST 05:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6741 users

Path of Exile - Page 1615

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-03 19:54:10
September 03 2020 19:51 GMT
#32281
On September 04 2020 01:52 -Archangel- wrote:
League mechanics seem more fun than Harvest league although I am going to be missing ability to craft all my yellow gear easily. I was able to play Harvest league SSF and get to max level maps and fight Guardians and high level Bosses.
I didn't miss trading at all. I didn't have near best possible items by the time I got bored but it was enough.

I hope these "awesome" yellows that will be dropping will be good enough replacement.

Firewall + Fireball seems fun, now I just need to figure out how to make a very tanky character like my Chieftain warcry dude was in Harvest.

I hope so too, but I doubt it'll be remotely as easy to get good gear as it was in Harvest, especially not influenced gear. I loved Harvest for that as I was playing SSF as well. I probably won't play SSF in Heist since it doesn't strike me as great for SSF.

Still, even if I don't play SSF, I tend to buy only key uniques/jewels and later on maybe a few maps/oils that won't drop for a long time. It's been more fun to me that way. Oh and if the RNG of uber lab trials bites me again and I have lvl 93 and still don't have all trials, I'll try to grab the last one from others. That's certainly one thing that I'm missing when I play SSF.

I think the league looks great, kind of like a very different Betrayal league with a lot more content. I'm kinda excited to see how they'll nerf the life on block from Bone Offering and maybe even from the influenced shields. If they don't nerf any of the two, I'm probably rolling a Necro (but let's see how things get patched first).
Sapaio
Profile Joined October 2017
Denmark2037 Posts
September 08 2020 05:44 GMT
#32282
Heist seem like a super fun league. More simple version of betrayal with hirelings. So that is tip top.
I really like that GGG is working on other parts of the game. This new re-load of game patch before Heist seems nice, better performance, better download, better sound and graphics. Bug fixes. What is not to like. On top of that improvements to stash after launch when they are done testing.
I will properly reward them with a support pack purchase if it works out, like the spellblade effect.
GO OG
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
September 08 2020 07:48 GMT
#32283
Doomblast + punishment wormblaster incoming.
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
September 08 2020 10:37 GMT
#32284
On September 08 2020 14:44 Sapaio wrote:
Heist seem like a super fun league. More simple version of betrayal with hirelings. So that is tip top.
I really like that GGG is working on other parts of the game. This new re-load of game patch before Heist seems nice, better performance, better download, better sound and graphics. Bug fixes. What is not to like. On top of that improvements to stash after launch when they are done testing.
I will properly reward them with a support pack purchase if it works out, like the spellblade effect.

I hope everyone works out well. It all sounds incredible but also might have some risks of new bugs. I really, really hope the stash tab improvements will be coming soon as well. I think they recently said it's unlikely to be ready at the Heist league launch, but likely a week or two later.
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
September 09 2020 12:22 GMT
#32285
Dam, I don't know what to start with this season. I might try a Necro, I never did one (I only play since mid-Metamorph season).

I'll probably try either Raging Spirit or something with Golem, they look ok.

Otherwise, something with lightning dmg that can clear quickly but no idea what this would be
n_n
Sapaio
Profile Joined October 2017
Denmark2037 Posts
September 10 2020 06:51 GMT
#32286
I have wanted to make some kind of strange build that was kind of innovative, but never really succeeded. So this is not a league starter build. But wanted to hear your guys opinion if it could work.

So it goes. I kinda wanted to use the Chainbreaker without any of the drawbacks of it. So i want to just not hit anything, so i would have a totembuild. So to use the bonus to attack speed and damage ii would use Ballista.
To avoid running out of mana mods effecting rage, i can think of 3 options. 1 reduce m´skill mana cost to zero. 2 Eldritich battery on Devouring Diadem with the plus that i can go to zero mana and more auras. 3 blood magic

With needing a lethal pride jewel for Chainbreaker and the extra strength it gives. I was thinking of using the new unique replica of Iron Commander, so going strength build with some totems in it also. Hyrri Demise is also in here.

The new firewall gem could be good for this build if it does not hit enemies.

Does this sounds like something that could actually work or waste of time. Any constructive critique is welcome.
GO OG
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-10 10:31:08
September 10 2020 10:25 GMT
#32287
That sounds like a really fun idea and I don't see why it wouldn't work. Downside is you won't be able to use Frenzy for Frenzy Charges or Curse on Hit. It's just impossible to tell how accessible the replica will be, you certainly aren't alone in wanting to try it. With a good build it should be plenty viable. Just remember you will need to use Shrapnel Ballista which doesn't have the longest projectile range so picking up some projectile speed somewhere would be quite noticeable.

Btw, I don't think you'll be able to get the mana costs to 0 (on a 6L), but maybe you can get them low enough for Clarity and base regeneration to work out fine.

I'm sort of interested in playing a Hexblast Occultist, but for that I should probably wait for the leveled gem infos first.
Sapaio
Profile Joined October 2017
Denmark2037 Posts
September 10 2020 13:00 GMT
#32288
Pretty sure that this a the league to play hexblast, will properly only get nerfed in future. Do you plan to use decay support for it?
GO OG
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-10 16:08:02
September 10 2020 15:36 GMT
#32289
On September 10 2020 22:00 Sapaio wrote:
Pretty sure that this a the league to play hexblast, will properly only get nerfed in future. Do you plan to use decay support for it?

We'll see about that, the gem numbers and possibly more infos will generally tell us if it's going to be good.

No, that wasn't my idea so far. My idea was using 1-3 curses (1 for trash, 3 for boss - if multiple are good at all, we'll see), Wither Totem if there is a boss/tough rare and then use Hexblast selfcast without Decay, but idk for sure yet. Mainly I'd want to make use of its resistance mechanic and try to get cold res as low as possible with EE (spell lightning dmg on wand), Frost Bomb (through trigger on spell from weapon), -20% cold res from the Ascendancy and possibly also using Frostbite / Elemental Weakness if damage is an issue (would be cooler to use the defensive curses though).

edit: Damn, there already is a huge reddit thread about its potential. Hope GGG doesn't nerf it before it's released, although we wouldn't know. :D
Sapaio
Profile Joined October 2017
Denmark2037 Posts
September 10 2020 16:42 GMT
#32290
Read bit more about curses. So as i read it that blast effect is not damage over time. Just seem hard to build in passive tree, avoid chaos over time multiplier, go for cold damage penetrate but not cold damage%.
Also u kind of want to time the dot as long as possible but still get blast of before it expires. And u dont have dot timer addon. Seems clunky to me. Also you have to estimate when you got mobs low enough to kill before trigger, or have to recast curses on them.
TC curse seems really good to throw into the build so u can make bigger boom.
GO OG
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
September 10 2020 16:46 GMT
#32291
I suspect you could do some cluster jewel stuff to scale curse blast damage, if passive tree isn't great for it. I haven't really been looking into things though
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
ASoo
Profile Joined November 2010
2867 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-11 04:30:47
September 11 2020 04:29 GMT
#32292
Am I right that reductions to enemy fire resistance (not penetration, only true RR) will double dip for ignite Hexblast Punishment on worms? Applying to the worms increases the amount of overkill damage, and then applying to the target increases the damage of the ignite, which is already based on the overkill damage?
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-11 08:10:12
September 11 2020 08:04 GMT
#32293
More new skills & changes were announced.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2934377

I feel like people are overrating Crackling Lance on reddit, it doesn't look better than Arc for me clearing wise (it's more similar to Divine Ire). Its visuals are great though and it will probably have potent Single Target damage so yeah I expect it to be better than Arc. Blazing Salvo doesn't really interest me, Firestorm looks great now although it feels more like Meteor. I have never done a Discharge build but those that like them can be pretty sure it's great again from what they are writing. I've got no idea about the Glacial Cascade changes and don't really care about the Steel skills aka pseudo melee atm.
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22626 Posts
September 11 2020 09:13 GMT
#32294
Not having to charge is a significant boost for Crackling Lance over Divine Ire, especially at lower gear levels.
As someone that liked the look of Divine Ire but couldn't get over the clunky feel I am very tempted to give it a shot if the numbers end up being good.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-11 09:52:35
September 11 2020 09:51 GMT
#32295
On September 11 2020 18:13 Gorsameth wrote:
Not having to charge is a significant boost for Crackling Lance over Divine Ire, especially at lower gear levels.
As someone that liked the look of Divine Ire but couldn't get over the clunky feel I am very tempted to give it a shot if the numbers end up being good.

I gotta admit it's been a while since I played Divine Ire, but if I remember correctly you didn't really need to wait for the beam to charge up because for map clear the damage while charging had decent AoE, especially when investing into making it bigger.
clusen
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany8702 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-11 13:43:28
September 11 2020 13:43 GMT
#32296
On September 11 2020 17:04 HolydaKing wrote:
Firestorm looks great now although it feels more like Meteor

Which is super duper awesome, Meteor is a much cooler spell than Firestorm imo.

Higher area,higher damage per hit but less shards or whatever dropping for Icestorm also sounds more like Blizzard.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-11 16:34:13
September 11 2020 16:33 GMT
#32297
On September 11 2020 22:43 clusen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2020 17:04 HolydaKing wrote:
Firestorm looks great now although it feels more like Meteor

Which is super duper awesome, Meteor is a much cooler spell than Firestorm imo.

Higher area,higher damage per hit but less shards or whatever dropping for Icestorm also sounds more like Blizzard.

These days I agree. In the early stages of Path of Exile Firestorm was pretty awesome, I loved scaling it with duration. But nowadays it is too slow to fit into the game.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
September 11 2020 19:45 GMT
#32298
Both the new Lightning Spell and "Meteor" look really awesome to play. I want to play Chieftain again due to how tanky he is and I hope I can play new Firestorm with Ignite. Or maybe new Discharge can be self cast ignite if cooldown will not be too terrible.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
September 11 2020 20:46 GMT
#32299
I actually missed the Discharge changes on a first read, since it wasn't featured in the demo video. Sounds like it could be neat. Solid league for self-casty boys. I haven't tried or paid much attention to the archmage-based Hiero playstyles in the last couple leagues, but the new lightning spell seems like it'd replace Arc just fine in one of those.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-11 22:30:42
September 11 2020 21:55 GMT
#32300
On September 12 2020 05:46 Duka08 wrote:
I actually missed the Discharge changes on a first read, since it wasn't featured in the demo video. Sounds like it could be neat. Solid league for self-casty boys. I haven't tried or paid much attention to the archmage-based Hiero playstyles in the last couple leagues, but the new lightning spell seems like it'd replace Arc just fine in one of those.

Dunno about Archmage, for Archmage self cast you generally want to use Unleash IMO since the manacosts get really high on a 6L with good gear (talking 1-2k per cast here), so since you wanna use the mana for defense (if not ES based with Ivory Tower; life build with Agnostic + MoM is really good but requires a ton of mana regen) as well it doesn't work out well. And for the lightning spell it seems you want to cast a lot and use Intensity (which it also already has by default), so I don't think it's a good fit for Archmage. Also imo Ball Lightning > Arc for Unleash Archmage builds. Cremation and BL are probably the best for Archmage builds, the new Firestorm might also be good idk.
Prev 1 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 544
JuggernautJason26
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 665
Dewaltoss 105
firebathero 94
Zeus 73
Trap 42
910 29
Bale 26
NaDa 26
Dota 2
monkeys_forever322
Counter-Strike
edward210
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS130
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4566
Liquid`Hasu2000
Other Games
summit1g5954
byalli455
shahzam448
C9.Mang0168
KnowMe132
UpATreeSC94
Chillindude30
Trikslyr25
Railgan17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV218
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream167
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 73
• Adnapsc2 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 30
• Azhi_Dahaki26
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur315
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 4m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 4m
Stellar Fest
16h 4m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.