• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:32
CEST 21:32
KST 04:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon109
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8737 users

Path of Exile - Page 1614

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-08-01 16:04:16
August 01 2020 16:02 GMT
#32261
If you were into playing HC then THIS build would be a great choice, and similar so if you aim to not die in SC. Alkaizerx played something like that and it's insanely tanky. Afaik Blade Blast doesn't require much gear to get great damage. For Alkaizer's video see:



Obviously, Alk has insane gear in that video but it shouldn't be necessary.
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
August 02 2020 22:56 GMT
#32262
On August 01 2020 23:47 TaKeTV wrote:
Help me out guys.

I am usually a HC player but there are some issues I personally have currently.

a) Hardcore trade often times is DEAD - its really frustrating
b) Softcore doesn't feel like being alive
c) I am getting old , I guess the whole grind and lose a character stings but its really the only way to feel good when doing something

I have thought about playing SC to have better options in terms of character progression and more item availability and simply delete the character on death. This way I would benefit from the trade but also HC feeling. Probably wouldn't be as respected if you manage to do endgame but I don't really care about that opinion then.

d) I didn't really play harvest as there is little new to enjoy in terms of skills (for me). I have thousands of hours in PoE through different leagues. I do like crafting but we are 1.5 month in. Getting wealthy now is probably hard :C any suggestions of fun builds to grind a bit but doesn't make it feel like work?

Would love to hear your opinions on those matters.

-naruto


SSFHC just revitalised the game for me. Playing some tec slam variation this league has been quite fun.
Zest fanboy.
OneTaKe
Profile Joined March 2020
Germany24 Posts
August 03 2020 18:56 GMT
#32263
On August 03 2020 07:56 imre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2020 23:47 TaKeTV wrote:
Help me out guys.

I am usually a HC player but there are some issues I personally have currently.

a) Hardcore trade often times is DEAD - its really frustrating
b) Softcore doesn't feel like being alive
c) I am getting old , I guess the whole grind and lose a character stings but its really the only way to feel good when doing something

I have thought about playing SC to have better options in terms of character progression and more item availability and simply delete the character on death. This way I would benefit from the trade but also HC feeling. Probably wouldn't be as respected if you manage to do endgame but I don't really care about that opinion then.

d) I didn't really play harvest as there is little new to enjoy in terms of skills (for me). I have thousands of hours in PoE through different leagues. I do like crafting but we are 1.5 month in. Getting wealthy now is probably hard :C any suggestions of fun builds to grind a bit but doesn't make it feel like work?

Would love to hear your opinions on those matters.

-naruto


SSFHC just revitalised the game for me. Playing some tec slam variation this league has been quite fun.


I am happy that worked for you, (also NarutO typing on this account) . Unfortunately I really dislike SSF
Sapaio
Profile Joined October 2017
Denmark2037 Posts
August 04 2020 04:11 GMT
#32264
I have been thinking about trying a poison bv assassin. But i am a bit unsure about some of the mechanism of damage over time. Some of these question are properly stupid but could not find the answer when i tried looking.

1) You deal damage per sec with dot's, so what happens when you increase the duration of the alignment. To an odd number. My example would be you do 100 poison damage per sec, your duration is 3,5 sec. What happens with the last 0,5 sec does it give 50 damage or 0 because it needs full sec to give damage.

2) Stats that make alignments deal damage faster. Like Swift Venoms. The wording makes me unsure if you deal the same amount of damage just over a shorter period of time or if your frequency faster
Example 1. You do 100 damage per 1 for a periode 5 sec and get 10% faster. So now you do 100 damage every 0,9 sec over 4,5 sec
Example 2 You do 100 damage every 0,9 over 5 Sec.

3) This is related to my second question how does thing like Swift Venoms stack additive or diminishing returns?
GO OG
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-08-04 10:27:27
August 04 2020 10:27 GMT
#32265
for the #1, you will deal 50dmg in 0.5 sec., the dot always do it's dmg. for exemple, I "over dot" with my dps mobs so they all die instantly, not in 1 sec.

i can't really tell for the rest
n_n
Varanice
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1517 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-08-07 23:40:35
August 07 2020 23:36 GMT
#32266
disclaimer: im rusty and havent played in years before harvest so maybe all of this has changed.

Path of Exile runs on a 30 tickrate. This means that if you have a DoT that deals 30 DPS (after calculating reductions for the sake of the example) what is really happening is that you are dealing 1 damage every 33.3 milliseconds.

"Ailments deal damage faster" - You deal the same amount of total damage but the duration it takes to deal it is reduced.
Ex: a 2 second DoT that does 100 damage with "Ailments deal damage 100% faster" would become a 1 second DoT that does 100 damage. The total damage applied has not changed, but the DPS has increased from 50 to 100.

Not that familiar with Swift Venoms specifically, but my guess based on the language is that it is additive with other "Ailments deal damage faster" effects.

www.twitch.tv/varanice
johnnyy
Profile Joined August 2020
7 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-08-14 11:21:57
August 11 2020 17:25 GMT
#32267
--- Nuked ---
Haasts
Profile Joined October 2011
New Zealand4445 Posts
August 20 2020 23:13 GMT
#32268
Question for crafters - if you were crafting an alternative to Hand of Wisdom and Action using the Shaper/Hunter lightning damage per 10 Int mod, what else should be aiming for? Pen, AS, maybe crit or lightning as chaos over phys or lightning damage?
PaniaoftheReef in Path of Exile TotA SSF SC // Lovelin fanclub // GreenTea #1
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
August 21 2020 18:07 GMT
#32269
You might be able to find some inspiration here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2617503
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
Haasts
Profile Joined October 2011
New Zealand4445 Posts
August 31 2020 22:24 GMT
#32270
On August 22 2020 03:07 Alur wrote:
You might be able to find some inspiration here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2617503


Oh, I'd forgotten about the Synthesis implicits - good call, there were more threads from that era.

New league reveal tomorrow; been mucking around with a Vortex/Cold Snap Raider (one of those Cluster Jewel boosted things I'd meant to do, like a Fire Trap Chieftain); been impressed by the tankiness of dodge/eva w Kintsugi & Wind Dancer.

Race was fun to watch - liked ZiggyD/BrittleKnee's recaps, shame Waggle didn't find his last Uber Elder fragment.
PaniaoftheReef in Path of Exile TotA SSF SC // Lovelin fanclub // GreenTea #1
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-01 09:32:26
September 01 2020 09:26 GMT
#32271
Yeah, the race was pretty fun to follow, I cheered for RaizQT, too bad he ripped once and never got a 6L. It'll be fun to see what the new league is about, I'd be surprised if the cat that Bex always likes to mention has anything to to with the league - same with the boats & water stuff. But we'll see.

Lots of people have gone full investigation regarding the league theme/name, and some of them tried really hard. If people haven't seen it through reddit, the following vid is pretty fun.

Rhodry
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany104 Posts
September 01 2020 14:38 GMT
#32272
I enjoyed playing the gauntlet race myself, allthough i dont see myself playing that much in a race soon again. (got to lvl 97 with 3 boss kills) I tilted myself quiet hard with making so many mistakes with harvest crafting :D It would have helped if i played some ssf harvest before...

Also the last day was frustrating for me since even if i tried more bosses my internet connection was too bad to upload my boss kills. (i didnt manage to upload my Oshabi kill since i kinda was ZPDS and the fight took long)

The video from Badger was fun :-)

TL+ Member
Varanice
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1517 Posts
September 01 2020 21:57 GMT
#32273


new league mechanic sounds fun. not sure if i'll be able to play much though.
www.twitch.tv/varanice
Haasts
Profile Joined October 2011
New Zealand4445 Posts
September 01 2020 22:32 GMT
#32274
Huh, interesting - I liked Betrayal, though I find the Research lab meets old-school Vorici mission vibe a little stressful; slow and steady/laggy type who's not too fond of timed content.
PaniaoftheReef in Path of Exile TotA SSF SC // Lovelin fanclub // GreenTea #1
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
September 02 2020 00:52 GMT
#32275
Very interesting concept. I bet the stealth concepts will be pretty loose but I really enjoy that they are branching out what they are trying out. And having your own "crew" seems pretty fun. I like the feeling of NPCs that are helping you out and what not, kind of like the old masters.

Alt quality gems don't excite me that much tbh. Another min max lever I suppose.

Punishment - enemies explode when overkilled? ...more explosions, really?

The steel stuff looks really cool.
---
Unfortunately I don't think I can play league for a few weeks. IRL been pretty busy for me, both a good and bad thing I suppose? Wish I would have played Harvest a lot more than I did, had to bail out pretty early before things got really nuts with crafting.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
September 02 2020 01:53 GMT
#32276
Damn i'm going to be on a boat for league start

ah well
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
September 02 2020 10:44 GMT
#32277
On September 02 2020 10:53 Sn0_Man wrote:
Damn i'm going to be on a boat for league start

ah well

I feel your pain, I'll be out of the country for the start too, will miss the first 2 weeks
n_n
haitike
Profile Joined June 2009
Spain2744 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-09-02 11:55:55
September 02 2020 11:55 GMT
#32278
It seems that unlike betrayal you don't have to complete a league event each area or map. They give you tokens that you can use when you want, so in that sense it is a bit like collect sulphite in delve.
clusen
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany8702 Posts
September 02 2020 12:29 GMT
#32279
On September 02 2020 09:52 EchelonTee wrote:
Punishment - enemies explode when overkilled? ...more explosions, really?

Well you can't really add jetpacks to PoE, so you are limited to more explosions to make it cooler.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
September 03 2020 16:52 GMT
#32280
League mechanics seem more fun than Harvest league although I am going to be missing ability to craft all my yellow gear easily. I was able to play Harvest league SSF and get to max level maps and fight Guardians and high level Bosses.
I didn't miss trading at all. I didn't have near best possible items by the time I got bored but it was enough.

I hope these "awesome" yellows that will be dropping will be good enough replacement.

Firewall + Fireball seems fun, now I just need to figure out how to make a very tanky character like my Chieftain warcry dude was in Harvest.
Prev 1 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 558
UpATreeSC 120
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 988
Dewaltoss 117
firebathero 88
Zeus 64
Trap 41
910 36
Bale 23
ToSsGirL 20
NaDa 19
JYJ 17
[ Show more ]
Shine 13
Dota 2
Gorgc6056
420jenkins202
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1444
Fnx 793
edward72
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS114
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1923
Other Games
summit1g5547
Grubby3028
Beastyqt658
B2W.Neo594
byalli408
shahzam197
KnowMe161
C9.Mang0157
TKL 148
Railgan14
Chillindude11
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV261
BasetradeTV259
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream132
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 13
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki39
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur370
• WagamamaTV277
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 29m
Kung Fu Cup
15h 29m
Stellar Fest
17h 29m
The PondCast
1d 14h
OSC
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.