• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:36
CEST 05:36
KST 12:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9316 users

Path of Exile - Page 1375

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
February 27 2018 05:27 GMT
#27481
I haven't done any theorycrafting so maybe I'm wrong, but the pierce and +1 proj nodes look really strong and hard to pass up, and of course tailwind, and far shot is a requirement for the other 2.
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
February 27 2018 05:34 GMT
#27482
Does anyone much care if I update the main post / make a list of good starter builds? I've done it the past few leagues, dunno if it's helpful or not
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
February 27 2018 05:40 GMT
#27483
I'm always down to see a list of good starter builds for a new league.
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
February 27 2018 05:50 GMT
#27484
Chain is really good, free double damage in a way
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
February 27 2018 06:27 GMT
#27485
I guess another question is, does the free chain make you want to not go tornado shot and instead do LA or something?
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
February 27 2018 06:30 GMT
#27486
Free chain makes me want to go tornado shot even more.
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
February 27 2018 07:52 GMT
#27487
On February 27 2018 14:34 EchelonTee wrote:
Does anyone much care if I update the main post / make a list of good starter builds? I've done it the past few leagues, dunno if it's helpful or not


Always down. Despite having played this game quite awhile now, I still have no idea what I'm doing half the time lol.
Forever Young
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
February 27 2018 08:08 GMT
#27488
Jesus fucking christ.

Hiero totem drawback removed.

Champion gets "hits can't be evaded" because lul why not.

Occultist gets the drawback on Vile Bastion removed.

There are so many just straight up goddamn stupid changes. The Hiero idea of "more totems that do less damage each" or the Occultist situational stun immunity were actually interesting ideas that you had to play around. A node like Resolute Technique or Unwavering Stance is a core part of PoEs design: Strong nodes are fine but they always have drawbacks.

Now Champion gets both of those thrown at it without the drawbacks. When Slayer got one it was a bit questionable, but at least it was the one that pathing was usually close to anyway. I don't know, we had multiple leagues with some good old powercreep, this might be the one that actually goes way too far.

Not even because of specific spots, but because GGG seems to break what was previously mostly untouched basic design philosophy.

Yo bo1b, we're playing MHW when it comes to steam in autumn!
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-27 08:38:28
February 27 2018 08:34 GMT
#27489
Yeah sure, dunno how the lag will go from germany to australia but I'm down.

I reiterate what I say btw, if this keeps up we'll either have an endless dungeon style game ala diablo, or a worse version of diablo 3.

Something to think about is it's not just the increased damage sources available through gear, ascendancies and talent tree that is trivializing content. It's also new supports, and new skills entirely. Compare powers siphon to kinetic blast for example. There is never a reason to use power siphon, at all. We also have supports like mirage archer which not only do a lot of damage, they also auto fire, auto target for you.

Why is this shit in the game?
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-27 08:39:28
February 27 2018 08:37 GMT
#27490
Now you can choose between more classes for several builds tbh, although there are some where the opposite is the case too. Before, Champion was maybe a decent choice for HC, and that's it. They upped the formerly underperforming Ascendancies (aside from Elementalist and trapper Saboteur apparently), while mostly leaving the already good Ascendancies alone.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-27 08:40:26
February 27 2018 08:39 GMT
#27491
On February 27 2018 17:37 HolydaKing wrote:
Now you can choose between more classes for several builds tbh. Before, Champion was maybe a decent choice for HC, and that's it. They upped the formerly underperforming Ascendancies (aside from Elementalist and traper Saboteur apparently), while mostly leaving the already good Ascendancies alone.

Once upon a time you could choose any class you wanted, for just about any skill you wanted.

The reality is that champion was actually already quite good, I had a ranged build built around it for next league.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
February 27 2018 08:40 GMT
#27492
On February 27 2018 17:39 bo1b wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2018 17:37 HolydaKing wrote:
Now you can choose between more classes for several builds tbh. Before, Champion was maybe a decent choice for HC, and that's it. They upped the formerly underperforming Ascendancies (aside from Elementalist and traper Saboteur apparently), while mostly leaving the already good Ascendancies alone.

Once upon a time you could choose any class you wanted, for just about any skill you wanted.

Right, and you still can. What you describe is pre Ascendancy. With Ascendancy, that already changed drastically.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
February 27 2018 08:41 GMT
#27493
On February 27 2018 17:40 HolydaKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2018 17:39 bo1b wrote:
On February 27 2018 17:37 HolydaKing wrote:
Now you can choose between more classes for several builds tbh. Before, Champion was maybe a decent choice for HC, and that's it. They upped the formerly underperforming Ascendancies (aside from Elementalist and traper Saboteur apparently), while mostly leaving the already good Ascendancies alone.

Once upon a time you could choose any class you wanted, for just about any skill you wanted.

Right, and you still can. What you describe is pre Ascendancy. With Ascendancy, that already changed drastically.

Yeh, I don't think it was for the better.

Ascendancies should be separate from classes imo, and nerfed into the ground.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-27 08:47:22
February 27 2018 08:47 GMT
#27494
On February 27 2018 17:41 bo1b wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2018 17:40 HolydaKing wrote:
On February 27 2018 17:39 bo1b wrote:
On February 27 2018 17:37 HolydaKing wrote:
Now you can choose between more classes for several builds tbh. Before, Champion was maybe a decent choice for HC, and that's it. They upped the formerly underperforming Ascendancies (aside from Elementalist and traper Saboteur apparently), while mostly leaving the already good Ascendancies alone.

Once upon a time you could choose any class you wanted, for just about any skill you wanted.

Right, and you still can. What you describe is pre Ascendancy. With Ascendancy, that already changed drastically.

Yeh, I don't think it was for the better.

Ascendancies should be separate from classes imo, and nerfed into the ground.

That should be the case in a - for HC players that like the game challenging - game. Point is, the player base got bigger and bigger with the popularity of the game and I'd bet the share of (casual) SC players has risen a lot. I personally hate the ridiculous strength of Elder/Shaped items more than that they try to make Ascendancies more even, even though they are using the strongest classes as their benchmark. Like I said earlier in this thread, when Ascendancy came out I also thought it's ridiculous as the game didn't get harder, but tbh there is no turning back and I can't say I like the game much less now.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-27 08:48:08
February 27 2018 08:47 GMT
#27495
I mean, even pre Ascendencies, it was not true that you could pick any class for almost any skill. I distinctly remember times when Duelist was pure garbo, when everyone played Scion, etc

I do think they are narrowing some ascendencies which I find strange. Like non-summoner Necro is pretty much dead, spell caster zerker is dead. so many changes tho, bit hard to wrap my head around everything
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
February 27 2018 08:53 GMT
#27496
On February 27 2018 17:34 bo1b wrote:
Yeah sure, dunno how the lag will go from germany to australia but I'm down.

I reiterate what I say btw, if this keeps up we'll either have an endless dungeon style game ala diablo, or a worse version of diablo 3.

Something to think about is it's not just the increased damage sources available through gear, ascendancies and talent tree that is trivializing content. It's also new supports, and new skills entirely. Compare powers siphon to kinetic blast for example. There is never a reason to use power siphon, at all. We also have supports like mirage archer which not only do a lot of damage, they also auto fire, auto target for you.

Why is this shit in the game?

I play with Japanese ppl on PS4, all good. It's basically the co-op part of Dark Souls so lag is not an issue at all. :3

Regarding PoE: It's in the game because it's the only direction the game can expand towards, something I've been saying for years at this point. If a niche product wants to become more successful it needs to either move away from its niche or find ways to draw people into its niche.

GGG went with the former. I'd say it took a reasonably long time until this point and it's not a bad game per se, but it's also definitely not a "hardcore ARPG" anymore at this point. All we can do is enjoy it for what it is or move on. I can still get enjoyment out of PoE but I'd be lying if I said that this is what I signed up for a few years ago.

Also Xbox. Did GGG ever state how that monetarily went while we're at it?
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
February 27 2018 09:01 GMT
#27497
On February 27 2018 15:30 bo1b wrote:
Free chain makes me want to go tornado shot even more.


Why is that? I thought chain was better for LA and such than TS?
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
February 27 2018 09:02 GMT
#27498
On February 27 2018 17:47 EchelonTee wrote:
I mean, even pre Ascendencies, it was not true that you could pick any class for almost any skill. I distinctly remember times when Duelist was pure garbo, when everyone played Scion, etc

I do think they are narrowing some ascendencies which I find strange. Like non-summoner Necro is pretty much dead, spell caster zerker is dead. so many changes tho, bit hard to wrap my head around everything

You could pick more then half the classes generally, one may have been better then the other but the power gap was not super dramatic, like it is now.

Who would ever choose to go slayer essence drain over trickster/occultist, for example?
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
February 27 2018 09:04 GMT
#27499
On February 27 2018 18:01 hunts wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2018 15:30 bo1b wrote:
Free chain makes me want to go tornado shot even more.


Why is that? I thought chain was better for LA and such than TS?

With tornado shot I can use it for both single target and aoe clear instead of say la/barrage. This is quite important as I can justify running a kaoms heart, and the chain just makes the clear speed better.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-27 09:20:25
February 27 2018 09:19 GMT
#27500
I'm not sure I see what you're saying bo1b. in the example you gave, even without ascendencies you would never go duelist ED. yes ascendencies expand the power gap, but u still would never do certain builds as certain classes. The flexibility was more so along the lines of -> you had a Ranger, who while made out to be a typical bow archetype, could succeed as a caster or melee class. You have Witch, who is mostly a caster, but can be melee or bow as well (ele stuff mainly). I think that's remained true to some extent, but not as well it could have been.

Tornado shot is great with chain, it greatly improves the clear over pierce.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Prev 1 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 185
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1938
GuemChi 1398
NotJumperer 144
910 75
Bale 32
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
Terrorterran 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm183
febbydoto14
Counter-Strike
taco 476
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King45
Other Games
summit1g8000
Doublelift1818
JimRising 593
C9.Mang0367
PiGStarcraft293
WinterStarcraft269
Coldzera 248
Maynarde114
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1028
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo647
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 24m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
7h 24m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
20h 24m
Patches Events
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.