• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:15
CEST 07:15
KST 14:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7314 users

Path of Exile - Page 1376

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
February 27 2018 09:52 GMT
#27501
On February 27 2018 18:04 bo1b wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2018 18:01 hunts wrote:
On February 27 2018 15:30 bo1b wrote:
Free chain makes me want to go tornado shot even more.


Why is that? I thought chain was better for LA and such than TS?

With tornado shot I can use it for both single target and aoe clear instead of say la/barrage. This is quite important as I can justify running a kaoms heart, and the chain just makes the clear speed better.


That's the reason I like ts too, don't need a single target. For now my plan is to start archer and just use it to mf farm gear for whatever build I want to do, so almost certainly won't be getting kaoms for that character, probably 5l windripper and 5l qotf unless something better presents itself?
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
February 27 2018 10:35 GMT
#27502
That balance change mini patch notes fucked me. I already speced a Cleave Champion that is going to farm Oni-Goroshi as a league starter. But now I am afraid to waste too much time.
So now it seems I might go for facebreaker AW totems Hierophant, probably a MoM version. I get Bringer of Rain and I am set for farming until I am rich enough to switch to a crit version with Lycosidae, Abyssus and Rigwald's Curse and 6L body armor.

Other option is Ngamahu Cyclone Chieftain but I need to buy and 6s that Axe and then 6L a body armor and that might be too much for a league starter.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-27 10:44:51
February 27 2018 10:44 GMT
#27503
TBH there's no point farming Oni-Goroshi for a Cleave Duelist-based build. You should just level with Sunder anyway, and arguably stay Sunder until you get your early mapping gear set up. Cleave's AoE sucks without Inc AoE and the threshold gem.
Moderator
vndestiny
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore3473 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-27 10:48:06
February 27 2018 10:47 GMT
#27504
Earlier in POE when clear speed isn't that great, Magic Find is almost mandatory to quickly progress/making currency. Then we gained a lot of power thus move to clear speed meta fuck MF, kill more = drop more. Then we gained even more power so people realized: wait I can clear almost just as fast while full deck on MF gear ??

Not sure how the state of this is gonna change in the next few leagues.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
February 27 2018 11:02 GMT
#27505
Not almost as fast, full mf gear + headhunter gives you 2 minute mino runs.
vndestiny
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore3473 Posts
February 27 2018 11:33 GMT
#27506
On February 27 2018 20:02 bo1b wrote:
Not almost as fast, full mf gear + headhunter gives you 2 minute mino runs.

Well as in with dps rings & ammy, Mino die in 5s instead of 7s now lul.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-27 11:49:07
February 27 2018 11:35 GMT
#27507
On February 27 2018 19:44 TheYango wrote:
TBH there's no point farming Oni-Goroshi for a Cleave Duelist-based build. You should just level with Sunder anyway, and arguably stay Sunder until you get your early mapping gear set up. Cleave's AoE sucks without Inc AoE and the threshold gem.

I was planning to use a jewel and inc AoE. Reason why I picked Cleave (another is that in Abyss I did MS Oni-Goroshi so wanted to try another melee skill) is 100% uptime of Fortify which works well with new Champion and Perseverance belt for constant Onslaught and bonus damage when balancing Evasion and Armor.
Also Oni-Goroshi is a free 6L and also works for leveling and end game. Once you have it, you need nothing else.

EDIT:
Also I am not talking about leveling mostly, I am mostly concerned about doing up to t10 and Uber Lab with first character without dying much and not feeling like my DPS sucks. Having a powerful 6L weapon like Oni-Goroshi lets you have that DPS.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-27 11:50:46
February 27 2018 11:46 GMT
#27508
Having 100% fort uptime doesn't matter until you hit maps anyway. I played Cleave last league while levelling with Sunder, there just really isn't any benefit to Cleave during leveling.

If you want to play something else, go ahead. I just think "I can't farm an Oni-Goroshi" is a silly reason to not play a build that has no real dependence on Oni-Goroshi.

On February 27 2018 20:35 -Archangel- wrote:
Also I am not talking about leveling mostly, I am mostly concerned about doing up to t10 and Uber Lab with first character without dying much and not feeling like my DPS sucks. Having a powerful 6L weapon like Oni-Goroshi lets you have that DPS.

Both Sunder and Cleave can do red maps and ULab with T3 rares and 1c uniques.
Moderator
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-27 11:54:44
February 27 2018 11:50 GMT
#27509
On February 27 2018 20:46 TheYango wrote:
Having 100% fort uptime doesn't matter until you hit maps anyway. I played Cleave last league while levelling with Sunder, there just really isn't any benefit to Cleave during leveling.

If you want to play something else, go ahead. I just think "I can't farm an Oni-Goroshi" is a silly reason to not play a build that has no real dependence on Oni-Goroshi.

I edited above post. Also I would need to farm it at one point anyways, even if I level with Sunder and use random crap weapons. Buying a 30-40 c tabula and a really good one handed or two handed weapon for Cleave it too expensive for such a character without playing a crap character for a while.

EDIT: Suggest which 1c uniques (that cost 1c in week 1) will let me ignore the power of Oni-Goroshi while still letting me do 400 000+ dps with little investment and work well with Champion abilities? Sunder does not let me activate Fortify dependably as you stay away from enemies and your movement skill does not give you fortify.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-27 12:03:43
February 27 2018 11:56 GMT
#27510
You don't need 400k+ DPS to map and do ULab. The DPS requirement to farm ULab effectively really is not that high considering it's almost entirely just about actually going through ULab quickly and not how fast you kill things.

I used Wings of Entropy from level 60 until I could get Scaeva/Ahn's Might, and then from there was saving for GG rares. With Sunder you just get a Princess/Temp Steel for your offhand and get a Siege Axe with T3 % Phys + Flat Phys that's as good or better than Vagan craft, and you can run straight up to red maps.

On February 27 2018 20:50 -Archangel- wrote:
Sunder does not let me activate Fortify dependably as you stay away from enemies and your movement skill does not give you fortify.

You don't really stay away from enemies as Sunder, and is there a reason why you wouldn't put Fortify on Leap Slam/Whirling Blades?
Moderator
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
February 27 2018 13:06 GMT
#27511
On February 27 2018 17:47 EchelonTee wrote:
I mean, even pre Ascendencies, it was not true that you could pick any class for almost any skill. I distinctly remember times when Duelist was pure garbo, when everyone played Scion, etc

I do think they are narrowing some ascendencies which I find strange. Like non-summoner Necro is pretty much dead, spell caster zerker is dead. so many changes tho, bit hard to wrap my head around everything

For what it's worth there were occasions pre ascendancy where I'd make a build and choosing which class to play was more or less just a cosmetic choice between two classes. I wanted to make a decision based on more interesting differences, at least ascendancies gave us that.
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-27 14:04:19
February 27 2018 14:02 GMT
#27512
On February 27 2018 20:56 TheYango wrote:
You don't need 400k+ DPS to map and do ULab. The DPS requirement to farm ULab effectively really is not that high considering it's almost entirely just about actually going through ULab quickly and not how fast you kill things.

I used Wings of Entropy from level 60 until I could get Scaeva/Ahn's Might, and then from there was saving for GG rares. With Sunder you just get a Princess/Temp Steel for your offhand and get a Siege Axe with T3 % Phys + Flat Phys that's as good or better than Vagan craft, and you can run straight up to red maps.

Show nested quote +
On February 27 2018 20:50 -Archangel- wrote:
Sunder does not let me activate Fortify dependably as you stay away from enemies and your movement skill does not give you fortify.

You don't really stay away from enemies as Sunder, and is there a reason why you wouldn't put Fortify on Leap Slam/Whirling Blades?

I don't but I also don't need to spend any money for expensive sword/weapon or 6L armor when you got Oni-Goroshi. That is at least 100c saved (counting getting a 6L corrupted armor for 40c or so) for other stuff (survival stuff).

I would still have fortify with leap slam or whirlwind but with cleave you jump in and clear with a nice wide AoE. With sunder you don't, it works better if you attack from range where enemies form nice columns trying to reach you and get destroyed by Sunder.
Yea I can use Cleave with one of those uniques but then you still trying to get a nice 5L or 6L to put gems in and that costs.

Also Oni-Goroshi feels so much nicer than any of those other cheap weapons, it blows away anything except those top of the line rares or weapons like Starforge.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-27 16:07:59
February 27 2018 16:04 GMT
#27513
Just go ngamahus, its borderline free for enough dps to comfortably do uberlabs.

If you dno't want to do that grab a pseudo 6link in the form of bringer of rain, for 10c or less you've got enough dps to farm uberlab quite comfortably. If you don't want to do that spend 30c and get a tabula, or just farm the cards yourself. There are a lot of options.

The reasons you present are pretty silly tbh, get to maps within the first few days withwings of entropy and you'll have enough money to buy the world.

Just remember that you sometimes have to drive to work in a hyundai in order to afford a ferrari.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 27 2018 16:21 GMT
#27514
its archangel lol what do you guys expect

I'm now hoping to see more uniques and stuff revealed. Most of the league uniques seem to be this "set" bullshit with rotating buff timers that just sound unbelievably unpleasant to play, so i'm hoping for some really dope fated uniques.

I think jugg is powerful and on-flavour enough right now that the "rework" isn't going to be terribly large, so it's hard to see me committing to jugg without the right unique spoiler. Scion Ascendant i'm pretty sure they will play it conservative with the power level again, so I don't expect it to be as attractive now as it was when so many ascendancies were unpickable.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
February 27 2018 16:27 GMT
#27515
I'm hoping for a few things in the jugg ascendancy changes:

Increased area damage and aoe radius nodes

A node which grants increased duration perf endurance charge specifically for immortal call, and reduced duration everywhere else.

A node which massively buffs secondary effects of attacks.

How about you?
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 27 2018 16:56 GMT
#27516
Eh, I looked at jugg again and it's probably going to get more changes than I let on. I never hated it, but that's because i'm too interested in abusing it's endurance charge generation aspects (which I don't believe will change whatsoever). The accuracy node will see some love, and i wouldn't be surprised to see some pathing changes type stuff and a new node. We'll see. I might be the only person who thinks the "body armour is doubled" node sucks asssssssssss tho.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
February 27 2018 16:58 GMT
#27517
On February 28 2018 01:04 bo1b wrote:
Just go ngamahus, its borderline free for enough dps to comfortably do uberlabs.

If you dno't want to do that grab a pseudo 6link in the form of bringer of rain, for 10c or less you've got enough dps to farm uberlab quite comfortably. If you don't want to do that spend 30c and get a tabula, or just farm the cards yourself. There are a lot of options.

The reasons you present are pretty silly tbh, get to maps within the first few days withwings of entropy and you'll have enough money to buy the world.

Just remember that you sometimes have to drive to work in a hyundai in order to afford a ferrari.

I guess this explains why my league starters have always been casters :D
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
February 27 2018 17:18 GMT
#27518
On February 28 2018 01:56 Sn0_Man wrote:
Eh, I looked at jugg again and it's probably going to get more changes than I let on. I never hated it, but that's because i'm too interested in abusing it's endurance charge generation aspects (which I don't believe will change whatsoever). The accuracy node will see some love, and i wouldn't be surprised to see some pathing changes type stuff and a new node. We'll see. I might be the only person who thinks the "body armour is doubled" node sucks asssssssssss tho.

Pretty good node depending on chest. If raider had a body evasion is doubled for example it would be really nice.
vndestiny
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore3473 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-27 17:46:22
February 27 2018 17:46 GMT
#27519
On February 28 2018 02:18 bo1b wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2018 01:56 Sn0_Man wrote:
Eh, I looked at jugg again and it's probably going to get more changes than I let on. I never hated it, but that's because i'm too interested in abusing it's endurance charge generation aspects (which I don't believe will change whatsoever). The accuracy node will see some love, and i wouldn't be surprised to see some pathing changes type stuff and a new node. We'll see. I might be the only person who thinks the "body armour is doubled" node sucks asssssssssss tho.

Pretty good node depending on chest. If raider had a body evasion is doubled for example it would be really nice.


Got more chance to evade which is even better for all purposse except qotf ms though.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
February 27 2018 17:54 GMT
#27520
I think armor is heavily underrated personally
Prev 1 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1315
910 96
Hyun 90
NotJumperer 52
Bale 39
Noble 16
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
febbydoto13
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King117
Other Games
summit1g7470
Coldzera 740
JimRising 621
hungrybox616
WinterStarcraft363
C9.Mang0302
PiGStarcraft234
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick676
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 30
• Letter1411
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2128
League of Legends
• Rush1101
• Lourlo901
• Stunt294
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 45m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5h 45m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
18h 45m
Patches Events
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.