• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:59
CEST 19:59
KST 02:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9730 users

Path of Exile - Page 1122

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-03 13:08:04
October 03 2016 13:06 GMT
#22421
On October 03 2016 21:25 xM(Z wrote:
@-Archangel-
the only way for you to get p.charges with ass.mark as ancestral bond is to kill the enemies with degens - ignite, poison, bleeds etc and heralds will not give you charges.

My totems will kill enemies of course. The question is will Heralds apply Curse on Hit which I assume they should as I was told even if my skills do no damage they act like they hit.
I also assume by your short response that Heralds will do no damage so I can forget using them for anything but bonus damage to Vortex cast by Totems. And possibly for Curse on Hit. Maybe HoI+Increased AoE+CurseonHit+Assassin Mark could work to get curses on enemies.
Totems freezing and killing anyone should apply the curse to everyone around still alive (even if HoI does no damage itself)?
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-03 13:49:41
October 03 2016 13:38 GMT
#22422
they will apply curses, but probably better to use an active skill-CoH setup. obviously requires more clicks, but you'll likely want the mana free for other things. the ass mark will increase crit chance but i dont think you get charges. you can link PCoC to your active skill (which does no damage) to get charges I guess, so you'd end up with like (skill)-fastercast-PCoC-increased crit. OoS works well too.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-03 14:06:38
October 03 2016 14:06 GMT
#22423
On October 03 2016 22:38 ticklishmusic wrote:
they will apply curses, but probably better to use an active skill-CoH setup. obviously requires more clicks, but you'll likely want the mana free for other things. the ass mark will increase crit chance but i dont think you get charges. you can link PCoC to your active skill (which does no damage) to get charges I guess, so you'd end up with like (skill)-fastercast-PCoC-increased crit. OoS works well too.

Since HoI will do no damage maybe it is better to use it to apply Assassin Mark, it will not kill anyone but only give them the curse. And it will happen outside range of Vortex as well. Then I kill those as well with Vortex and then I get my PCs?!

Or maybe I should forget about PCs, I read two critical totem builds and both don't use PCs at all but just get lots of critical chance gear (one for Flame Totem, another Freezing Pulse). One even uses both EB and MoM and reserves no mana and gets that jewel that gives 60% bonus damage.
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
October 03 2016 14:16 GMT
#22424
i think i misread your original post (ugh i need coffee)

heralds give the dmg bonus, but afaik the special effects only apply to your character, not the totems

so yeah if you want to generate charges you need to use something else
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-03 15:04:03
October 03 2016 14:59 GMT
#22425
On October 03 2016 23:16 ticklishmusic wrote:
i think i misread your original post (ugh i need coffee)

heralds give the dmg bonus, but afaik the special effects only apply to your character, not the totems

so yeah if you want to generate charges you need to use something else

Do you mean to say that using assassin mark on enemies and having a totem kill them would give the PC to totem and not me?
And since totems cannot have any kind of charge, effectively it would be wasting them?

EDIT: I guess I can try this once I get home by cursing mobs with Assassin Mark and then letting the totem kill it.
If it is true, I am not sure if I should plan on using it for critical hit and damage boost or use something like Elemental Weakness instead that will debuff both enemy Cold and Fire Resistance.
EDIT2: Since half of Vortex damage is DoT and DoT cannot critical hit maybe a consistent damage boost like Ele Weakness is a better choice.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-03 15:05:59
October 03 2016 15:02 GMT
#22426
Herald gives you bonus damage (it's like flat dmg on gear which affects you and hence your totems). They also can apply a curse on hit. However the life/mana/power charge gain is on kill. Your Totems kill things, not you. Hence you won't gain Power Charges etc.

That's why the way to gain power charges for a Totem build would be a skill linked to PCoC, usually something like Orb of Storms or even Ice Spear with GMP.

e: Keep in mind that Heralds secondary effect (Lightning bolts/Aoe Cold Damage) is also on kill, so even though they can technically still apply a Curse on Hit for a Totem build it's not practical at all. Not even sure HoI can be triggered if you don't do damage, HoT can be with e.g. culling strike.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-03 15:40:08
October 03 2016 15:28 GMT
#22427
OK, soo I will just quit the PC generation attempts and do something like HoI+Blasphemy+Ele Weakness+Temp Chains in one of the slots. Then I will use Ele Weakness for mapping so I can kill them faster and Temp Weakness to fight bosses. Maybe in some future get an item that will give me +1 curse or something.
I will get crit chance from other things like spell daggers and I can switch to Whirling Blades+FA instead of Flame Dash or Lightning warp and even link WB with Fortify for a boost to defenses.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-04 11:26:15
October 04 2016 09:02 GMT
#22428
Considering Elementalist ability to get 25% cold/fire penetration needs me to use a fire/lightning skill I guess I will need to use Flame Dash or Lightning Warp instead of WB. Maybe I should get rid of Cold to Fire gem and go all in freeze and just use Flame Dash to get 25% cold pen?
I was first planning to take Beacon of ruin but since Shaper of Desolation was nerfed and my HoI cannot damage enemies and spread elemental statuses even further I am not sure I see a point. This is why I plan to switch to Mastermind of Discord (cold/fire pen).
I am wrong in this line of thought?

EDIT: Vaal Haste gives the faster casting bonus to totems as well, right?
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
October 05 2016 09:24 GMT
#22429
Since nobody commented on my last tree I went over it again and made some changes. I gave up on using Iron Will so I respeced out of extra strenght nodes and now this is my plan for lvl 81:
www.poeurl.com/NOp
Also I will aim for 5L Carcass Jack as my body armor which is about 40c.
I got two sweet daggers yesterday and at lvl 62 my critical chance is almost 50%. I will be probably be able to get it to 60% as I level up my gems and optimize my gear more.
vndestiny
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore3473 Posts
October 05 2016 09:59 GMT
#22430
On October 03 2016 20:53 Butcherski wrote:
Yo, shoot me an invite - acc name Butcherski

We need your ingame name.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
October 05 2016 10:17 GMT
#22431
On October 05 2016 18:24 -Archangel- wrote:
Since nobody commented on my last tree I went over it again and made some changes. I gave up on using Iron Will so I respeced out of extra strenght nodes and now this is my plan for lvl 81:
www.poeurl.com/NOp
Also I will aim for 5L Carcass Jack as my body armor which is about 40c.
I got two sweet daggers yesterday and at lvl 62 my critical chance is almost 50%. I will be probably be able to get it to 60% as I level up my gems and optimize my gear more.

Surely you are picking up Sovereignity and I'm not sure if skipping Coordination is a good idea, I like that for pretty much any build...
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-05 14:37:17
October 05 2016 13:38 GMT
#22432
On October 05 2016 19:17 HolydaKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2016 18:24 -Archangel- wrote:
Since nobody commented on my last tree I went over it again and made some changes. I gave up on using Iron Will so I respeced out of extra strenght nodes and now this is my plan for lvl 81:
www.poeurl.com/NOp
Also I will aim for 5L Carcass Jack as my body armor which is about 40c.
I got two sweet daggers yesterday and at lvl 62 my critical chance is almost 50%. I will be probably be able to get it to 60% as I level up my gems and optimize my gear more.

Surely you are picking up Sovereignity and I'm not sure if skipping Coordination is a good idea, I like that for pretty much any build...

Yes I would pick up Sovereignity if I need it. I am hoping I will not need it.
Coordination only useful parts is 6% cast speed and +10 Dex. I am not sure I really need it at this moment.

Also I was thinking if I should switch this build to CI, but since I deal no damage I also don't leech so I don't have a clue how to live through damage I would normally use a flask for?
Anyone experienced willing to give me advice around this?

Also for CI I would need to not use Carcass Jack which is kind of nice for Vortex.

EDIT: Would this work as a CI version? www.poeurl.com/NTm
Using Zealot's Oath and 2.2% (life)ES regeneration nodes.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
October 05 2016 15:25 GMT
#22433
On October 05 2016 18:59 vndestiny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 03 2016 20:53 Butcherski wrote:
Yo, shoot me an invite - acc name Butcherski

We need your ingame name.

We got him already, no worries. I just forgot posting in here.

@Archangel; personally I stopped looking into your tree links because you keep insisting on using the outdated poeplanner. None of the links you post work with the official website which in return means none of them work with other (properly updated) 3rd party tools.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
October 05 2016 15:29 GMT
#22434
On October 06 2016 00:25 r.Evo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2016 18:59 vndestiny wrote:
On October 03 2016 20:53 Butcherski wrote:
Yo, shoot me an invite - acc name Butcherski

We need your ingame name.

We got him already, no worries. I just forgot posting in here.

@Archangel; personally I stopped looking into your tree links because you keep insisting on using the outdated poeplanner. None of the links you post work with the official website which in return means none of them work with other (properly updated) 3rd party tools.

Official tree is harder to use than Poe planner and offline tree is probably only used by 5 people here and I do this at home and work and cannot keep using same tree on both places.
Is there another online planner that is better?
How is this poe planner outdated, it looks like it is current version to me.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-10-05 15:36:01
October 05 2016 15:29 GMT
#22435
Agreed. Please download and use the offline skill tree planner, it's really good and useful. See https://github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree

I seriously doubt only 5 people here use it. ^^ But sure, at work that likely won't do...
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
October 05 2016 15:58 GMT
#22436
Ok, I just tried to use it. It seems worse at first look than poe planner and when I clicked update it crashed lol
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
October 05 2016 16:22 GMT
#22437
On October 06 2016 00:29 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2016 00:25 r.Evo wrote:
On October 05 2016 18:59 vndestiny wrote:
On October 03 2016 20:53 Butcherski wrote:
Yo, shoot me an invite - acc name Butcherski

We need your ingame name.

We got him already, no worries. I just forgot posting in here.

@Archangel; personally I stopped looking into your tree links because you keep insisting on using the outdated poeplanner. None of the links you post work with the official website which in return means none of them work with other (properly updated) 3rd party tools.

Official tree is harder to use than Poe planner and offline tree is probably only used by 5 people here and I do this at home and work and cannot keep using same tree on both places.
Is there another online planner that is better?
How is this poe planner outdated, it looks like it is current version to me.

If you copy any of the links you posted so far on the official page it gives an outdated skill tree error.

I never looked into others cause I'm happy with the offline one but any planner that produces a link the official page can use works for everyone.

E.g. if I post this link: poeurl.com/NTC you can copy the string portion and use it in any other planner or the website. You will even be able to see it on poeplanner.com. If you now click and unclick any single node poeplanner changes the string into something that's not compatible with anything else.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
October 05 2016 18:51 GMT
#22438
poeplanner is like 3x better than offline skill tree imo but to each their own

no idea why you'd copy them onto the official site lols
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
vndestiny
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore3473 Posts
October 06 2016 01:17 GMT
#22439
Because the official tree can be used in conjunction with the offline planner and poeurl.com ;_;
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
October 06 2016 07:07 GMT
#22440
On October 06 2016 03:51 Sn0_Man wrote:
poeplanner is like 3x better than offline skill tree imo but to each their own

no idea why you'd copy them onto the official site lols

It's still a third party tool that's not compatible with anything else that's updated properly, apart from that I don't mind it at all.

There's no reason to copy it to the official site but in the end that quick test shows what is properly maintained/updated and what isn't.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Prev 1 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 338
ProTech142
UpATreeSC 122
BRAT_OK 72
MindelVK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2354
Bisu 2146
Soulkey 983
EffOrt 516
Larva 404
Mini 379
Dewaltoss 198
ZerO 150
hero 104
Mind 74
[ Show more ]
sorry 62
Sharp 56
Shinee 55
Barracks 42
Bale 25
Trap 24
NaDa 18
Terrorterran 18
Rock 13
scan(afreeca) 13
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Dendi1509
420jenkins384
XaKoH 348
League of Legends
Reynor69
Counter-Strike
fl0m4137
Fnx 652
pashabiceps519
x6flipin346
edward40
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu498
Other Games
Grubby3165
Liquid`RaSZi1614
FrodaN747
Livibee168
C9.Mang0127
TKL 117
QueenE95
RotterdaM64
Mew2King37
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 71
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 43
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2804
• TFBlade755
Other Games
• Shiphtur738
• imaqtpie571
• WagamamaTV453
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 2m
Patches Events
22h 2m
The PondCast
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.