• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:49
CEST 08:49
KST 15:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7950 users

Path of Exile - Page 1118

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
September 23 2016 19:27 GMT
#22341
On September 24 2016 01:22 Meta wrote:
I'm worried about the sustain from orb of storms, maybe try a Vessel of Vinktar for life/mana leach from lightning damage? Works great with mind over matter as well.

It is only an around 100c item.. I don't see myself ever getting that :D
And even if I did, this character will not have a good way to fill that flask fast.

I will also have LGoH, 1/3 of damage received will go into mana so I need less life leech. Also enemies will be Enfeebled and if I maybe decide to go for another curse they will be Temporal Chained as well. Also if I am able to get enough critical strike chance modifiers through gear I can switch Increased Critical Strike in Mjolner into Life Leech as well.
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
September 23 2016 19:30 GMT
#22342
On September 24 2016 04:27 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2016 01:22 Meta wrote:
I'm worried about the sustain from orb of storms, maybe try a Vessel of Vinktar for life/mana leach from lightning damage? Works great with mind over matter as well.

It is only an around 100c item.. I don't see myself ever getting that :D
And even if I did, this character will not have a good way to fill that flask fast.

I will also have LGoH, 1/3 of damage received will go into mana so I need less life leech. Also enemies will be Enfeebled and if I maybe decide to go for another curse they will be Temporal Chained as well. Also if I am able to get enough critical strike chance modifiers through gear I can switch Increased Critical Strike in Mjolner into Life Leech as well.


you will be surprised at how fast currency can flow in one you get a character that clears yellow maps fast.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-23 21:20:22
September 23 2016 21:20 GMT
#22343
Hmm if I get that unique ring that turns half lightning damage into cold I can also at least chill enemies and slow them down that way as well :D
Lachrymose
Profile Joined February 2008
Australia1928 Posts
September 23 2016 22:11 GMT
#22344
On September 24 2016 04:14 vndestiny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2016 03:11 Lachrymose wrote:
Does anybody else feel like they've silently adjusted map drops down in the last couple of days/week? Like they realised Atlas was way stronger than they thought or something.

I was pretty quickly and comfortably building up red maps this league but lately it's very difficult. And it's not just high tier maps, my low tier maps are getting eaten up by the chisel recipe faster than they replenish which is pretty much absurd.

Rolling maps normally I dropped back to t10. Since then I've been doing alc and go + Perandus and I'm still falling backwards. Currently quickly burning through t9s which just seems ridiculous. This is over the course of hundreds and hundreds of maps.


Is your atlas bonus above 100 yet ? If so I strongly suggest reduce it back to 99.

Plato suddenly got his 40 red maps pool wiped off yday, and my red maps pool also got reduced by 25+ before I did it and suddenly map drop seemed ok again.


Unfortunately not. However maybe there is something to that in a less strict way. My Atlas hasn't changed really for two weeks except for one unique map completion that was possibly around the time Everything Went Downhill. I will try removing it and see what happens. It sounds ridiculous but maybe something spooky is going on.
~
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
September 24 2016 04:26 GMT
#22345
New to PoE, does the Increased Area of Effect gem increase non-elemental Melee stuff like Sweep?
Forever Young
Lachrymose
Profile Joined February 2008
Australia1928 Posts
September 24 2016 08:00 GMT
#22346
Generally it will work on any skill that has "AoE" in the tags section at the top and isn't at all dependant on or related to elemental-ness. This includes Sweep and Cleave, which both have "AoE".

For more esoteric interactions the wiki is generally pretty good about letting you know if something will work.
~
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-24 08:48:15
September 24 2016 08:47 GMT
#22347
Just FYI today is the best Uber Lab day since a long time, probably the best this league yet. It's quick (no gold doors, fast rooms) and imo the phases couldn't be much better. Portals is more leech for free and Fonts does nothing with an anti-curse flask.

Just had 2 chests with maps, got 5 maps I didn't know yet, including Oba's Cursed Trove (exploring the Atlas completely self-found).
Lachrymose
Profile Joined February 2008
Australia1928 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-24 09:42:20
September 24 2016 09:41 GMT
#22348
So I did end up removing that unique map and have been mapping. The results were immediately extremely compelling but I resisted posting about it right away, because varianceblahblah, etc.

However the positive change to my map drop experience has not stopped at all. Went from T9 (and remember, I was unsustainable at T9 over a very big sample size before) back up to T12 in just a couple of maps. Since then my pool of T9s, T10s, T11s and T12s is growing again. This is so far removed from my experience over the last week.

Something seriously spooky is going on with regard to Atlas completion that isn't just "100+ makes something break."

*Also, how long until Uber resets in hours, roughly?
~
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
September 24 2016 09:48 GMT
#22349
About 14h from now.

The response plato got from Chris regarding the 100/125 completion was also pretty.... not useful or satisfying.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
vndestiny
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore3473 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-24 11:29:43
September 24 2016 11:18 GMT
#22350
On September 24 2016 18:48 r.Evo wrote:
About 14h from now.

The response plato got from Chris regarding the 100/125 completion was also pretty.... not useful or satisfying.


What was Chris's reply ?

What I think we should do is just doing atlas as high as possible, then if a seemingly cold streak come, it might be that we hit a (bug) seed that fuck up the drop rate, so to play it safe just remove any one map to restart the seed.

That sounds not scientific at all but better than keep thinking it's only a cold streak and then lose your entire map pool.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-24 11:36:31
September 24 2016 11:35 GMT
#22351
You guys sure it's not just RNG being RNG? Haven't seen such topic at Reddit.

I'm close to 100 at the Atlas, will soon reach it. Will see then for myself I guess. So far I'm easily able to keep up T12-13 maps, but haven't been higher than T14 (played like 10, but no T15 drops).
vndestiny
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore3473 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-24 11:50:16
September 24 2016 11:44 GMT
#22352
On September 24 2016 20:35 HolydaKing wrote:
You guys sure it's not just RNG being RNG? Haven't seen such topic at Reddit.

I'm close to 100 at the Atlas, will soon reach it. Will see then for myself I guess. So far I'm easily able to keep up T12-13 maps, but haven't been higher than T14 (played like 10, but no T15 drops).


I mean, I think Plato & I when notice map stop dropping start to roll mao really hard, like at least double pack size 80q hard. RNG for maps is really wide but losing a pool of 40 reds within 45 runs and 24 reds within 30 runs I cant help but think something fishy is going on here.

Edit: saw plato's thread on reddit, it didn't make front page so I missed it. Also think his is the only one on the issue not getting downvote heavily :|
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
September 24 2016 11:59 GMT
#22353
Yeah I can see why it wouldn't make it to the front page, I don't think a lot of people have 100+ on the Atlas yet. At least the majority hasn't.
Lachrymose
Profile Joined February 2008
Australia1928 Posts
September 24 2016 12:02 GMT
#22354
On September 24 2016 20:35 HolydaKing wrote:
You guys sure it's not just RNG being RNG? Haven't seen such topic at Reddit.

I'm close to 100 at the Atlas, will soon reach it. Will see then for myself I guess. So far I'm easily able to keep up T12-13 maps, but haven't been higher than T14 (played like 10, but no T15 drops).

There's actually a couple of topics about it but nobody really pays attention to map whining in general so they didn't get much traction.

My timeline is like:

Design Atlas for chaining Gorges.
Chain Gorges for a week selling T14s and non-Vault T12s.
Randomly make a set of Treasure Hunter and run Vaults of Atziri for the hell of it.
Spend a week burning though hundreds of maps until I'm almost out of T9s. (!) Not even dropping low tier maps for chisel recipe.
Remove Vaults of Atziri from the Atlas.
Immediately go back to chaining Vaults and running Gorges and having T10-T11 dropping in surplus, plus chisel maps again.

I don't know man. I only did a couple of hours of mapping because Uber Lab is as ridiculously good as you guys said, but it's night and day.
~
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
September 24 2016 12:05 GMT
#22355
Just for reference this is the thread people are talking about.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-24 12:21:14
September 24 2016 12:06 GMT
#22356
All of what you guys said can happen even without any bug. I've had ridiculous bad luck before a lot of times. Mapping can be a really terrible experience at times, and great on other days. I know three or so leagues ago I never had a solid red map pool while others claimed to manage that even without chiseling.

In Atlas so far I had decent luck, but before I honestly would've thought it's normal to lose any pool of red maps after playing a lot. This seems to have changed though, or my luck has.

edit: Well let's see, Chris said they didn't find a bug yet but will check again.
Lachrymose
Profile Joined February 2008
Australia1928 Posts
September 24 2016 12:19 GMT
#22357
Have you ever had T9s not be sustainable? And does that sound possible at all with the +1 Atlas bonus? That's the equivalent of T8s not being sustainable in previous leagues. That's just not a thing.
~
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
September 24 2016 12:28 GMT
#22358
On September 24 2016 21:19 Lachrymose wrote:
Have you ever had T9s not be sustainable? And does that sound possible at all with the +1 Atlas bonus? That's the equivalent of T8s not being sustainable in previous leagues. That's just not a thing.

It's possible but not likely, not too long ago I got sick playing T7 (which had horrible layouts then) and only went up by buying some T10, after that I never went back to T7 though.
vndestiny
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore3473 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-24 13:16:55
September 24 2016 13:16 GMT
#22359
Well the main thing is that Plato ran 19 t1 without a map drop from non-magic/rare/unique monster. That just must be really far outside of acceptable deviant range even for map RNG if it's not bugged.
Ryndika
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1489 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-24 21:03:25
September 24 2016 21:03 GMT
#22360
On September 24 2016 17:47 HolydaKing wrote:
Just FYI today is the best Uber Lab day since a long time, probably the best this league yet. It's quick (no gold doors, fast rooms) and imo the phases couldn't be much better. Portals is more leech for free and Fonts does nothing with an anti-curse flask.

Just had 2 chests with maps, got 5 maps I didn't know yet, including Oba's Cursed Trove (exploring the Atlas completely self-found).

Thx, a lot. I've bee delaying uber lab for this char for some reason and today's lab was indeed hilariously easy.
as useful as teasalt
Prev 1 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1908
GuemChi 505
Leta 343
sSak 38
Bale 31
actioN 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 24
Noble 13
Icarus 10
Dota 2
febbydoto15
League of Legends
JimRising 604
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King147
Other Games
summit1g8395
ceh9340
C9.Mang0273
Happy185
Sick152
ViBE109
Trikslyr25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick506
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• killerbeecast2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2213
League of Legends
• Lourlo1120
• Stunt437
Other Games
• Shiphtur482
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
4h 11m
Patches Events
9h 11m
The PondCast
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 4h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.