• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:11
CEST 04:11
KST 11:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8879 users

Path of Exile - Page 1101

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-02 05:18:10
September 02 2016 05:10 GMT
#22001
So, blasphemy auras dont count towards Necromancer's commander of darkness. Isn't pathfinder or occulstist still just way superior for BV then? Also, what do you level ranger with these days if I do go pathfinder?! :D
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-02 05:45:25
September 02 2016 05:34 GMT
#22002
Looks like they changed Trap Poison double dipping now as well.

@Kickstart: With good gear Pathfinder should be the best for BV, because of the movement speed which just rules so much. Necromancer is probably the easiest to gear while Assassin gets the highest damage but has the worst mitigation and lacks the movement speed of Pathfinder. That's just my scrub opinion after seeing some discussions and the Ascendancy trees, though. Dunno about Occultist.

I liked leveling Ranger best with Shrapnel Shot (more than with Split Arrow, but might be different in a party where not everything runs towards you), adding Siege Ballista for some meat shield and minor dmg after the glyphs quest. Also level and use Burning Arrow for ST ofc. After Brutus I'd use LMP Shrapnel which has rather nice coverage. At the Cavern of Wrath someone else will need to buy Blade Vortex for you. You also could use Rain of Arrows from now, which some like better but imo LMP Shrapnel rules with half decent item drops.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
September 02 2016 06:52 GMT
#22003
On September 02 2016 13:00 EchelonTee wrote:
Thinking of doing Hierophant Warchief Totems instead, with a hopefully cheap voidheart the single target should be pretty good. not the fastest clear but I think I'm going to spam uber lab again

just saw ziggy's video on CoC + Show Spoiler +


CoC discharge maybe not kill? dmg isn't any lower, just can't rapid trigger it on a boss

Question: Does Fortify support gem work even if you have Ancestral Bond?

Yeah Fortify (similar to all "on hit" effects like e.g. Curse on Hit) works just fine.

Small generic question, does anyone feel the need for us to post a small block from time to time with major info like where to find the offline skill tree planner, some list of newbie builds/guides (ZiggyD and ProjectPT comes to mind) and just other generic shit like this for newer players?

Do we even have newer players that lurk this thread but never post and never asked for guild invites?

Was just about to type out a list that would be a bit like a glorified http://www.pathoflinks.xyz/ but I'm not sure if there's even a need for that. Feels a bit like most regulars in here are vets to some degree and smaller questions are taken care of quickly anyway.


Either way, for those who need it the Teamspeak we'll be on for launch is the same as last round:

+ Show Spoiler +
teamspeak-de01fn.typefrag.com:5885 // pw: evopls



So far I know we'll have a HC group around Kick, me and the usual suspects for sure but the plan is to be gud and run fast. Mule quicksilvers or bust. Servers prolly whatever works well between Washington/London/Paris/Frankfurt/Milan so pls no west coast.

Oversky said he'll be around for a few hours at least on launch so SC guys have some company available as well.


ALSO LAST SEEN ONLINE STATUS HYYYYYPE
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-02 07:27:03
September 02 2016 07:04 GMT
#22004
All hating on west coast you should be ashamed of yourself




So debating on trying out inquisitor firestorm or just going with my comfort pick of phys bow ranger TS til 5l then LA/BR
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
September 02 2016 07:32 GMT
#22005
On September 02 2016 14:10 Kickstart wrote:
So, blasphemy auras dont count towards Necromancer's commander of darkness. Isn't pathfinder or occulstist still just way superior for BV then? Also, what do you level ranger with these days if I do go pathfinder?! :D


I need my witch gems from you!
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
September 02 2016 07:34 GMT
#22006
On September 02 2016 16:32 Alur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2016 14:10 Kickstart wrote:
So, blasphemy auras dont count towards Necromancer's commander of darkness. Isn't pathfinder or occulstist still just way superior for BV then? Also, what do you level ranger with these days if I do go pathfinder?! :D


I need my witch gems from you!

Will probably do occultist so no worries. Though we are gonna go fast at the start!!!
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
September 02 2016 07:40 GMT
#22007
On September 02 2016 16:04 NotSorry wrote:
All hating on west coast you should be ashamed of yourself




So debating on trying out inquisitor firestorm or just going with my comfort pick of phys bow ranger TS til 5l then LA/BR


Sorry. ._.

If you're happy with the ping to Euros we don't mind! - Just in case we need options if e.g. DC goes to shit. Mabye you're like Oversky who gets 350 ping and is like "oh no worries this is fine I had worse"

Just do this bow build, got buffed with Ascendancy since then + new Steel Ring base. Also under the radar a bit and with highly inspirational music.

+ Show Spoiler +
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
September 02 2016 07:51 GMT
#22008
350ms? Shit i grew up on 14.4kbs dial up lol
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
vndestiny
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore3473 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-02 11:28:25
September 02 2016 11:26 GMT
#22009
LAST SEEN ONLINE, IS THIS REAL LIFE.
Also just log in, can't use From the Void Prophecy in standard ;_;. Guess I only come out this league with JUST 1 Reach & 1 Voidheart after all.
Yuljan
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
2196 Posts
September 02 2016 12:02 GMT
#22010
On September 02 2016 16:40 r.Evo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2016 16:04 NotSorry wrote:
All hating on west coast you should be ashamed of yourself




So debating on trying out inquisitor firestorm or just going with my comfort pick of phys bow ranger TS til 5l then LA/BR


Sorry. ._.

If you're happy with the ping to Euros we don't mind! - Just in case we need options if e.g. DC goes to shit. Mabye you're like Oversky who gets 350 ping and is like "oh no worries this is fine I had worse"

Just do this bow build, got buffed with Ascendancy since then + new Steel Ring base. Also under the radar a bit and with highly inspirational music.

+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uIf6OjCiIQ
8


Still space in the group? I have London ping
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-02 12:21:36
September 02 2016 12:20 GMT
#22011
On September 02 2016 14:10 Kickstart wrote:
So, blasphemy auras dont count towards Necromancer's commander of darkness. Isn't pathfinder or occulstist still just way superior for BV then? Also, what do you level ranger with these days if I do go pathfinder?! :D

necro BV was a thing for the high block offering. also duration was a bigger deal before than it will be now. also uber lab didn't exist, so the last 2 points being useless for necro BV didn't matter. I highly don't recommend it.

If you're HC you can't beat pathfinder BV imo, it's just so strong offensively and defensively. Low life or CI assassin / trickster / occultist can potentially be more damage, but you need OP OP items like shav's, skyforths. On the other hand, since its looking like BV will be super meta, the pathfinder flasks will be quite expensive too (ToH, Rumi's, Vinktar's), so going occultist might be better as your league starter

In proph HC when I leveled my pathfinder I did bladefall mines, but that got nerfed and I had a tbula. I think just leveling as blade vortex should be fine with the early dmg buff, or you could level as bows if essences turn out to be good enough to craft weapons. some other options are bladefall totems, firestorm traps/mines, depends on gem availability though

On September 02 2016 15:52 r.Evo wrote:
Small generic question, does anyone feel the need for us to post a small block from time to time with major info like where to find the offline skill tree planner, some list of newbie builds/guides (ZiggyD and ProjectPT comes to mind) and just other generic shit like this for newer players?

I've been thinking about doing a re-write for the OP of this thread, that would encompass all of that stuff so we wouldn't have to rewrite it a bunch. haven't had the time to do it, but I think it's worth it since people come around asking about stuff decently enough. not only newer players, but returners, like when I came back last league I had no idea wtf was going on

I should be on at league start, in softcore :D
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
xM(Z
Profile Joined November 2006
Romania5299 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-02 12:43:50
September 02 2016 12:39 GMT
#22012
the league of CI or no I.
does anyone else have OCD like brain farts when you get an ascendancy and see that one of the bonuses does not fit into the build?. like, OMG, it's all ruined now!; not worth; fail build; QQ quit\/next.

i'm a SC'er. planning some slow ass marauder BM, RF, incinerate, with some frenzy and enduring charges; a trapper sab/ci/firestorm with ele overload and some witch occultist BM, EB with perma stun immunity(mostly for theorycrafting/check the mechanic).
And my fury stands ready. I bring all your plans to nought. My bleak heart beats steady. 'Tis you whom I have sought.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-02 12:59:51
September 02 2016 12:50 GMT
#22013
I'm kinda set on playing Firestorm Chieftain that adds RF when possible. However, I'm sure that'll be a really slow start, since Mara caster is abyssmal early on. Which is why going Templar would be a lot easier and I've thought about it. Only good class I can see there is the Consecrated Ground Inquisitor, which also adds regen. However I'm pretty worried that you often aren't under the effect of Consecrated Ground, but I haven't tested or seen it myself. Will probably just suffer the bad early game, I have never played Chieftain unlike Inquisitor (just crit tho; also never played with RF).

edit: Yeah, I just checked a vid of it, it's looks pretty unreliable.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-02 13:44:29
September 02 2016 13:42 GMT
#22014
anyone played melee totems / totems in general? wondering if I should pick up the Totem defense nodes (totem life, totem ele res, totem phys reduc) or the totem dmg and atk spd nodes in those wheels. or both

looked up example builds and some went for totem defense, other went for more totem dmg

example: these nodes vs. other nodes
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
vndestiny
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore3473 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-02 13:50:01
September 02 2016 13:46 GMT
#22015
On September 02 2016 22:42 EchelonTee wrote:
anyone played melee totems / totems in general? wondering if I should pick up the Totem defense nodes (totem life, totem ele res, totem phys reduc) or the totem dmg and atk spd nodes in those wheels. or both

looked up example builds and some went for totem defense, other went for more totem dmg

I played totems 3 leagues in a row. It depends on what type of totem you wanna do imo. SWT need those defense nodes, or they just will not do reliable dmg at all. Stuff like spark/fireball totems have more lenient and can pick less totem defense nodes for more damage. Spire of Stone is godly.

If I reach a totem wheel I usually take all the defensive nodes in the wheels anyway though.
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
September 02 2016 13:52 GMT
#22016
This isn't from experience, but I would assume that having your totems die could be a concern in high tier maps, so I'd think defense is better at that point, besides there are plenty of other places to get your damage. But the damage nodes would probably be better for leveling.
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-02 14:14:52
September 02 2016 14:11 GMT
#22017
If you have totems that annihilate everything, their defenses won't be that important. Low range/AoE totems will need more defensive nodes. But for every totem build some map bosses are really horrible if your totems die in one area spell/attack. Spire of Stone is a must jewel regardless like vndestiny said. I would also recommend picking some defensive totem nodes or at least totem placement nodes.

So if you primarily go for Warchief Totems, I'd definitely pick up defensive totem nodes over offensive ones.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-02 14:18:17
September 02 2016 14:16 GMT
#22018
hokay I'll try out spire of stones. It's going to be Ancestral Warchief, so sorta low range. Where's the common placement for Spire of Stone?

my planned tree atm
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-02 14:27:33
September 02 2016 14:22 GMT
#22019
On September 02 2016 23:16 EchelonTee wrote:
hokay I'll try out spire of stones. It's going to be Ancestral Warchief, so sorta low range. Where's the common placement for Spire of Stone?

my planned tree atm

Left to Templar afaik. I'd change the pathing to this, then it's better. skill tree

Assuming you use some auras the ele dmg won't be completely wasted and early +12% res is nice too. But a few more points than your tree and another jewel slot. Would either need a higher level or drop some other nodes.
xM(Z
Profile Joined November 2006
Romania5299 Posts
September 02 2016 15:27 GMT
#22020
Spire of Stone is not even worth having in a RF totem build; why one would ever get it is beyond me.
And my fury stands ready. I bring all your plans to nought. My bleak heart beats steady. 'Tis you whom I have sought.
Prev 1 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 202
NeuroSwarm 146
FoxeR 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1030
Leta 616
Bale 83
League of Legends
Doublelift4156
Other Games
summit1g8289
JimRising 536
ViBE190
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick672
BasetradeTV202
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• Light_VIP 12
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1086
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 49m
Patches Events
12h 49m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 49m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 49m
OSC
20h 49m
OSC
1d 9h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.