• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:01
CEST 14:01
KST 21:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9039 users

TL Chess Match 4 - Page 121

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 119 120 121 122 123 140 Next
SausageLinks
Profile Joined December 2010
United States93 Posts
November 20 2011 21:49 GMT
#2401
i honestly hadn't considered the move Nd2 after 23. Rc1 Be4. so I guess with that in mind Rc1 looks much better now. it's a desirable position, but qrs shares my thoughts has stated good reasoning behind the move 23. Nd2 and why it should be done first.

in any case, my vote still stands on Nd2.
n00b never die
Mash2
Profile Joined February 2011
United States132 Posts
November 20 2011 22:59 GMT
#2402
Bxc7 Kinda sucks that we only have 7 votes to this point, so I think my vote is carrying far more weight than it should. Having said that, I'm strongly against abstaning as it defeats the purpose of this game. So that's my vote for better or worse...
"Quite often the flood of history is undammed or diverted by the character and actions of one man." - Pat Frank, "Alas, Babylon"
dtvu
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia687 Posts
November 20 2011 23:13 GMT
#2403
I vote 23. Nd2 + Show Spoiler +
with 23. Bxc7 continuation- I don't like getting our knight pinned after just getting it going.
GenesisX
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada4267 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-21 04:29:26
November 21 2011 02:14 GMT
#2404
EDIT: 23. Rc1

EDIT: actually Rc1 looks very good also... gonna change my vote to that
133 221 333 123 111
LaXerCannon
Profile Joined October 2008
Canada558 Posts
November 21 2011 02:27 GMT
#2405
23. Rc1 + Show Spoiler +
and we're starting to see problems with our Re3 (blocking our bishop) ... we should get on the offensive soon: his bishop pair only get stronger as we trade pieces
Just keep swimming
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
November 21 2011 02:37 GMT
#2406
On November 21 2011 11:27 LaXerCannon wrote:
23. Rc1 + Show Spoiler +
and we're starting to see problems with our Re3 (blocking our bishop) ... we should get on the offensive soon: his bishop pair only get stronger as we trade pieces
+ Show Spoiler +
I think all three of the candidate moves could be considered going on the offensive, and we can't stop Black from trading pieces. We can just try to trade them on the best terms for us. IMO, that's what 23. Nd2 does.

Here's what I think is a pretty likely line after 23. Rc1. As you see, we can't stop the piece trades from happening, and in this case, I don't think they've been particularly favorable for us. Black still has some pressure, and our pawn majority still consists of those weak, doubled a-pawns. I'm not sure what our plan is in this position. What do you think of it?

Meanwhile 23. Nd2 encourages the Rook trade to happen on e3, which lets us play fxe3, which is good for us, imo. That's why I prefer it.

'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
liberal
Profile Joined November 2011
1116 Posts
November 21 2011 02:51 GMT
#2407
wow I love chess!

Rc1.
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
November 21 2011 02:58 GMT
#2408
Nd2

+ Show Spoiler +
Because moving pawns is a boring way to stop a checkmate, and I don't see how Rc1 will stop a rook trade into check mate via rook on 1st row without coming out down a rook
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
aphorism
Profile Joined February 2011
United States226 Posts
November 21 2011 03:09 GMT
#2409
23. Nd2
liberal
Profile Joined November 2011
1116 Posts
November 21 2011 03:27 GMT
#2410
On November 21 2011 11:58 Soluhwin wrote:
Nd2

+ Show Spoiler +
Because moving pawns is a boring way to stop a checkmate, and I don't see how Rc1 will stop a rook trade into check mate via rook on 1st row without coming out down a rook

wow you must have looked at the position for like 5 seconds if you think Rc1 loses a rook or leads to checkmate... lol
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
November 21 2011 04:41 GMT
#2411
On November 21 2011 11:14 GenesisX wrote:
EDIT: 23. Rc1

EDIT: actually Rc1 looks very good also... gonna change my vote to that
For everyone voting Rc1: sure it looks good at a glance, and 23. Rc1 isn't awful, but have a little patience. Rc1 is a resource we have in this position. That doesn't mean we should play it right away.

I've already posted twice the 23. Rc1 line which I'd rather not get into, but no one's responded, so I'll post it a third time: Here's the line. What has the immediate Rc1 gotten us here? IMO, not all that much.

If we play 23. Nd2, we avoid this line, and I think we go into better ones. I want to play Rc1 too, but I want to play it under the best circumstances for us.

Of course you can disagree with me. I don't claim to know it all. But at least say, do you see a plan for us in the above position?
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
November 21 2011 05:05 GMT
#2412
well, anyway

Move 23 votes (final?)

+ Show Spoiler [votes] +
23. Bxc7: 3 (chesshaha, ApocAlypsE007, Mash2)
23. Rc1: 4-5 (mastergriggy, TruthisCold, LaXerCannon, GenesisX, liberal) TruthisCold is banned
23. Nd2: 5 (qrs, SausageLinks, dtvu, GenesisX, Soluhwin, aphorism)
+ Show Spoiler [bar graph] +
[image loading]


either a tie between Rc1 and Nd2 or Nd2 wins by a vote, depending on whether people can vote from beyond the grave...
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
November 21 2011 05:17 GMT
#2413
nd2
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
November 21 2011 09:11 GMT
#2414
I guess...

Deadline is over now.

Okay I see there's a controversy here and I couldn't read up the past two days due to research. I have to do some work now, but will check everything out tomorrow.

If there's a tie I'll find some measures to resolve it in a day or two and post my reply. If no I'll just post the move.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
November 21 2011 09:22 GMT
#2415
Btw was it MrPro again? I was wondering when he'd turn up with a third wind and the name suits him. I wanted to read up on his posts, but I just can't bring myself to actually read them.
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
November 21 2011 11:09 GMT
#2416
On November 21 2011 18:11 Ng5 wrote:
I guess...

Deadline is over now.

Okay I see there's a controversy here and I couldn't read up the past two days due to research. I have to do some work now, but will check everything out tomorrow.

If there's a tie I'll find some measures to resolve it in a day or two and post my reply. If no I'll just post the move.
Fortunately, Bill Murray's vote just before you closed it resolved the tie in any case (thanks, Bill!)
On November 21 2011 18:22 Ng5 wrote:
Btw was it MrPro again? I was wondering when he'd turn up with a third wind and the name suits him. I wanted to read up on his posts, but I just can't bring myself to actually read them.
Name does suit him, but posting style didn't, and he was banned for something unrelated (image macro).
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-21 12:46:51
November 21 2011 12:08 GMT
#2417
After just scanning through his arguments in the auto ban thread he was banned for repeatedly being a dick and questioning mods about bannings. Didn't read it properly, couldn't be bothered, just scanned.

But that would suit him perfectly well as well.

And his second post in this thread suits someone his personality a hundred person for someone who gives it a go a third time. Not that I could know anything as I can't read people well as he so eagerly pointed out. Not that I have logs telling friends how shit is gonna hit the fan on my forum-chess when he entered the roster, days before it happened, but yes. Just ask any woman I ever liked.

I don't know why it's hard to just come back and try not being a dick for a change. Or at least don't start flaming about bullshit that makes it obvious.

Nevermind back to work.

Edit: I mean... He wasn't even perm banned. And we didn't even ban him from here. I just won't let people ruining the fun of other 40+ people with their behaviour.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
November 21 2011 12:48 GMT
#2418
And howcome there's so little people voting? Is it Skyrim and Assassin's Creed or you grew bored? Because if the later we could just try doing more content or whatever.

Let's make a forum simul or something for thanksgiving. I will be here all alone and the cafeteria will only have breakfast food too so I'm better off cooking.
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
November 21 2011 14:58 GMT
#2419
Move 23 votes (final)

+ Show Spoiler [votes] +
23. Bxc7: 3 (chesshaha, ApocAlypsE007, Mash2)
23. Rc1: 4-5 (mastergriggy, TruthisCold, LaXerCannon, GenesisX, liberal) TruthisCold is banned
23. Nd2: 6 (qrs, SausageLinks, dtvu, GenesisX, Soluhwin, aphorism, Bill Murray)
+ Show Spoiler [bar graph] +
[image loading]


Well, it's not officially official, but since Ng5 has declared the voting closed, and since Bill Murray's vote breaks the tie even if TruthisCold's vote is counted, I assume that this is it. Move is 23. Nd2; analysis on the position can be found starting here. Ng5's next move is probably going to be + Show Spoiler +
23...Rxe3 or, less likely, 23...Rd3. Other moves allow us an excellent game by going straight after the Kingside pawns. 23...Rxe3 is more likely than 23...Rd3, because a) if the Rooks are going to be exchanged, why waste a move by moving the Rook that's about to die, b) d3 is actually not a very good spot for Black's bishop, as it lets us gain time with the move or the threat of Rc3.
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
November 21 2011 15:00 GMT
#2420
On November 21 2011 21:48 Ng5 wrote:
Let's make a forum simul or something for thanksgiving. I will be here all alone and the cafeteria will only have breakfast food too so I'm better off cooking.
I wouldn't mind playing in a correspondence simul with you, but if you mean real-time (which I assume you do, since you're talking about playing it all on one day), I'm not sure a forum is the best, er, forum for that sort of thing. On the other hand, forums are flexible, so if you wanted to be casual about it (i.e. no fixed time limit: people move whenever they get around to it), I'd participate.
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
Prev 1 119 120 121 122 123 140 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV397
Rex75
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko370
ProTech130
Rex 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32902
Hyuk 1200
Jaedong 928
actioN 572
Soma 466
Horang2 385
Soulkey 338
BeSt 320
Larva 296
Mini 268
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 259
Light 218
910 214
Stork 209
Last 176
Snow 144
Rush 138
ggaemo 103
Pusan 91
ZerO 73
Mind 49
Killer 41
Mong 38
Creator 35
Shinee 33
hero 29
Bale 27
Sharp 26
sorry 26
Free 25
yabsab 16
HiyA 12
Noble 12
Sacsri 9
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Gorgc7900
Dendi436
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1551
markeloff106
kRYSTAL_54
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2808
Khaldor1009
Other Games
gofns32021
singsing1621
B2W.Neo319
XBOCT300
DeMusliM276
Pyrionflax263
byalli80
Mew2King66
ArmadaUGS43
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream169
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 99
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH325
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1409
Other Games
• WagamamaTV173
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
59m
The PondCast
21h 59m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.