• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:02
CEST 00:02
KST 07:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8824 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 475

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 473 474 475 476 477 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
December 10 2014 19:00 GMT
#9481
On December 11 2014 03:56 freelander wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 11 2014 03:53 Faruko wrote:
I dont know who said ArcSys games are popular on Japan, but the new game sold 30k on release

Dead on arrival


guilty gear?

Yeah Xrd
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
riotjune
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States3394 Posts
December 10 2014 22:40 GMT
#9482
Tbh I didn't even realize there was a completely new Guilty Gear out now, thought you guys were talking about 3rd strike or something
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
December 10 2014 23:06 GMT
#9483
On December 11 2014 03:33 kuresuti wrote:
Show nested quote +
MajinTenshinhan: How do you feel about your competitive performance throughout 2014?

MD|Luffy: Not so good. I think I only won 70% of the tournaments I entered... I hope that I'll do better in 2015.

This guy...

Source


Well, he was basically winning more than 90% the previous years in Europe. X_X
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
December 12 2014 16:42 GMT
#9484
Why is it so common for high level players in this game to taunt lesser players? I've had so many today play me with 2500-3000pp with 2-3 taunts per game, isn't it enough that they're just clearly more skilled? I thought the FGC was better than that.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
December 12 2014 17:47 GMT
#9485
Just try to ignore people who taunt/change character after a win/something else bad mannered. The worst of the bunch are the lower level players in my experience, so it gets better eventually. Also the FGC community niceness level is pretty weird. It's a different breed of people who play fighting games, not the timid nerds you'd be used to from Starcraft. They are quick to anger and flame but usually deliver when respect is due.

Anyway HYPEEE Capcom Cup tomorrow and it's even at a good time for EU! My picks for players doing well (or better than expected) are Valmaster and... well that's it. It's difficult to predict with such a killer lineup, half the players are viable candidates for the first place. Predictions aside, I'm hoping Ryan Hart will do well but he's one of the weaker players there :/
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
December 12 2014 19:13 GMT
#9486
I know a lot of players that can be the biggest douches when playing you, but will help you and advice you as soon as you ask them.
A lot of people have played this game thousands of hours, and honestly, even myself, when I play and I meet someone I can't learn anything from, I can be a little mean in my playstyle. Because it's relaxing and kinda fun, and because it's not really looked down upon anyway.

You have to earn the respect of players in this scene. This comes down to the arcade roots of it. In the Arcade if you were a nobody, good players would not even play you.

But there's also a lot of douchebags who are always like that, just avoid those people.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
December 12 2014 21:48 GMT
#9487
On December 13 2014 04:13 Noocta wrote:
I know a lot of players that can be the biggest douches when playing you, but will help you and advice you as soon as you ask them.
A lot of people have played this game thousands of hours, and honestly, even myself, when I play and I meet someone I can't learn anything from, I can be a little mean in my playstyle. Because it's relaxing and kinda fun, and because it's not really looked down upon anyway.

You have to earn the respect of players in this scene. This comes down to the arcade roots of it. In the Arcade if you were a nobody, good players would not even play you.

But there's also a lot of douchebags who are always like that, just avoid those people.


Well first of all these people should be searching games that are same skill or higher skilled if they want quality competition.

Second of all the actual taunts is unwarranted, they can be as mean as they want in kicking my ass but when they start taunting multiple times it just shows how immature and disrespectful they are in general. It's the equivalent of saying "you suck" to someone you're just about to eliminate in a game of Sc2, it's just something you shouldn't do and thankfully that almost never happens there.

Great players should be more humble, not throw extra salt in the wound just because they can.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
December 12 2014 22:26 GMT
#9488
I actually get LESS frustrated when people I'm losing to (better than me or otherwise) start taunting. It means they don't respect the game lol. Don't get salty about players that seek out lower rated matches and then taunt newer players. It's like getting shoved by the sports jock in high school who then laughs about it with his friends. Shit don't matta brush yourself off and get back to learnin
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
December 12 2014 22:42 GMT
#9489
It wouldn't even be an issue if the game had halfdecent matchmaking, hopefully with the community all in once place for SF5 they can add something more similar to the ranked play in sc2 since I'm guessing there will definitely be enough players then.

Good matchmaking should be a priority in any modern competitive game.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
SuperYo1000
Profile Joined July 2008
United States880 Posts
December 12 2014 23:58 GMT
#9490
This is the street fighter community thou, I like to call it the douche bag community....I have been involved with them for 25 years going to tournaments and such(not so much in recent years). Sure we can have disrespectful players in SC2 but no where near the level of fighting games. You just have to grow thick skin if you want to be more involved. I left the tourny scene because of this years ago
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
December 13 2014 00:13 GMT
#9491
On December 13 2014 06:48 Firkraag8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2014 04:13 Noocta wrote:
I know a lot of players that can be the biggest douches when playing you, but will help you and advice you as soon as you ask them.
A lot of people have played this game thousands of hours, and honestly, even myself, when I play and I meet someone I can't learn anything from, I can be a little mean in my playstyle. Because it's relaxing and kinda fun, and because it's not really looked down upon anyway.

You have to earn the respect of players in this scene. This comes down to the arcade roots of it. In the Arcade if you were a nobody, good players would not even play you.

But there's also a lot of douchebags who are always like that, just avoid those people.


Well first of all these people should be searching games that are same skill or higher skilled if they want quality competition.


They usually do, but matchmaking is basically inexistant in this game.
And believe me, if SC2 didn't have good matchmaking, and you'd see stuff like a Master playing against a Platnium while knowing it, you'd see some pretty BM stuff as well.

As I said tho, good players will rarely send you off if you ask about stuff and generally want to get better.
FGs are a niche gender, but the FGC is even more of a niche community. They have their code and habbits that can seem really harsh to people.

My advice is, don't take taunts seriously, work on getting better. Skill is often the currency of respect online.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
SwARmZzz
Profile Joined June 2013
Canada193 Posts
December 13 2014 00:53 GMT
#9492
And the overwhelming favorite goes to....

http://shoryuken.com/2014/12/12/who-do-you-think-will-win-capcom-cup-2014/
Daralii
Profile Joined March 2010
United States16991 Posts
December 13 2014 00:54 GMT
#9493
SFV gonna get shown off at the end of Capcom Cup, dunno if there'll be anything new.
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
December 13 2014 01:44 GMT
#9494
Taunting is one way your opponent will try and get in your head and make you go on tilt. After playing a game for awhile you sort of just laugh it off but I could see how it can be off putting to new players. People put a lot of time in and it takes a lot of skill to play FGs so you have to just laugh it off and keep grinding/getting better.

There's some nice people in the FGC though I mean, I would like to think I am one of them :D
Twitter: @KingKosi
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
December 13 2014 03:12 GMT
#9495
On December 13 2014 09:54 Daralii wrote:
SFV gonna get shown off at the end of Capcom Cup, dunno if there'll be anything new.


We might have insight on the meter system in the game atleast.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-13 10:01:18
December 13 2014 09:59 GMT
#9496
I don't mind taunting at all it is usually pretty funny when it happens. Especially when someone taunts you and you play them again and destroy them. Kingkosi is right about taunting too it is a great tool for making someone tilt :D. I love to taunt people who have a gimmicky play style or that just ram their head into the wall by doing the same moves over and over again without adapting.
Edit: I don't taunt people who are clearly inexperience just the ones who have 1500pp+ with loads of BP.
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-13 13:24:33
December 13 2014 13:11 GMT
#9497
Haha I hear what you're saying, but I'm pretty sure you're seeing this from another perspective. I am still sub-1000pp and I lose most my matches which is already frustrating enough by itself. I'm in it for the long haul though so I try not to let it bother me too much but some nights I just start to see red when people do that shit.

Either way, anyone got some good guides on Akuma? Anything similar to Makoto's rindoukan bible? Having a lot of fun learning Akuma now but would be nice to get some in depth guides on him like I had with some of my other characters.

Also, Capcom Cup hype!
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Ophe
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden388 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-13 13:39:45
December 13 2014 13:39 GMT
#9498
On December 13 2014 22:11 Firkraag8 wrote:
Haha I hear what you're saying, but I'm pretty sure you're seeing this from another perspective. I am still sub-1000pp and I lose most my matches which is already frustrating enough by itself. I'm in it for the long haul though so I try not to let it bother me too much but some nights I just start to see red when people do that shit.

Either way, anyone got some good guides on Akuma? Anything similar to Makoto's rindoukan bible? Having a lot of fun learning Akuma now but would be nice to get some in depth guides on him like I had with some of my other characters.

Also, Capcom Cup hype!

I've played your Akuma and no offence but you really should focus on learning to play a solid game and just general fundamentals before you start to delve into more advanced Akuma stuff. It wouldn't do you much good atm.
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
December 13 2014 13:54 GMT
#9499
My advice is that Akuma is not a good character to start, too complex and most of the times you won't even know why you really lost, which hinders your growth, pick up Ryu for a week, stick to fundamentals and go from there, a friend of mine did that and never went back to Akuma. Ryu has less options and that made him focus more on what really matters when you are kind of new to the game or low level.
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
December 13 2014 14:14 GMT
#9500
Just because you pick Ryu as a starting character (or any other learning character such as Barlog, Ken, Guile, Fei) doesn't mean you will be stuck with them forever. I have a friend who started out as a Ryu and switched quite easily to his next character. You can stick with Akuma and I think that is fine (I started with Ibuki) but it just might take a little longer to understand what is going on. If you do decide to stick with him try not to do gimmicky stuff or that will stunt your growth for a while (I did).
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
Prev 1 473 474 475 476 477 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O154
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 154
PiGStarcraft77
Nina 32
ViBE31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14309
ZZZero.O 154
Dewaltoss 129
firebathero 97
Hyuk 75
Terrorterran 24
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm101
febbydoto40
League of Legends
Doublelift3552
Counter-Strike
Fnx 796
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5901
Other Games
summit1g6723
FrodaN2333
fl0m781
mouzStarbuck386
KnowMe275
ToD232
JimRising 165
ArmadaUGS127
Mew2King46
Railgan31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1175
BasetradeTV181
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream102
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 56
• musti20045 34
• Adnapsc2 21
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen131
Other Games
• imaqtpie728
• Shiphtur219
• tFFMrPink 17
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 59m
INu's Battles
13h 59m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
16h 59m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 59m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 17h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.