• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:00
CEST 16:00
KST 23:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9456 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 474

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 472 473 474 475 476 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
December 08 2014 12:53 GMT
#9461
On December 08 2014 20:16 aseq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2014 14:02 dabom88 wrote:
On December 07 2014 06:34 Ophe wrote:
Some cool stuff in the trailer. Guard break, some kind of power-ups/mode. etc.

Also, put my not-emo-anymore boy Remy in SFV. Doubt that'll happen though since he's not particularly popular.


They really gotta put Urien back into Street Fighter. I don't know about Japan, but back when Third Strike was being played in the Arcades in the states, he was easily more popular than Ibuki and Elena. People enjoy watching juggle characters, and people got really hype during his Aegis combos. Essentially, Elena and Ibuki probably got in because they wanted to put more girls into the game.

Ibuki and Elena do have rather unique movesets, though, so it's not too bad of a loss. Gouken's really the only one that kind of has a few moves from Urien's moveset, like the Up Fireball, and the ability to combo the Up Fireball into an Ultra.


I never played Third Strike, but watching videos of Urien, he seemed very weird. I never got around to know how exactly the screen-like thing works, it just seemed weird how it hit people as well. So for viewers, I don't know whether he's that good. And part of his moveset was already copied by Seth, right?

Seth shares some of his normals, probably as a fun throwback, but the movesets are extraordinarily different. Urien's specials are a bit more like Balrog; the shoulder tackle is a charge like rush punch and the headbutt is headbutt. What made Urien awesome was the aegis, which you could then use for sick setups and juggle loops.

I'm excited to see any new/old cast in the next game. It's a fresh start to pick a cool new character off the bat, and I'm sure those they bring back and those that are brand new will be great.
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
December 08 2014 13:22 GMT
#9462
I'm guessing they won't bring back Focus Attack? It's such a cool mechanic though so it would be nice.
buMf00d
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands194 Posts
December 08 2014 13:46 GMT
#9463
I pray to the gods they are not bringing back focus attack, I hate that mechanic.
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9056 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-08 14:41:27
December 08 2014 14:40 GMT
#9464
How do you do this combo with a keyboard? (Decapre's Ultra 2 anti-air version).

[image loading]

Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
December 08 2014 14:54 GMT
#9465
On December 08 2014 23:40 Garnet wrote:
How do you do this combo with a keyboard? (Decapre's Ultra 2 anti-air version).

[image loading]


Understanding the shortcut for this motion really made it easier for me, though I am on stick. If you have your down-back charge, just release and quickly do a "360" style motion (really 180) from down-forward all the way back and end on up (or up-back).

In numpad notation: charge 1... 32147 KKK

I'm not sure if there's a trick to doing it on keyboard per se, but when you realize you can "roll" the motion it shouldn't be too bad to practice.
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9056 Posts
December 08 2014 15:07 GMT
#9466
On December 08 2014 23:54 Duka08 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2014 23:40 Garnet wrote:
How do you do this combo with a keyboard? (Decapre's Ultra 2 anti-air version).

[image loading]


Understanding the shortcut for this motion really made it easier for me, though I am on stick. If you have your down-back charge, just release and quickly do a "360" style motion (really 180) from down-forward all the way back and end on up (or up-back).

In numpad notation: charge 1... 32147 KKK

I'm not sure if there's a trick to doing it on keyboard per se, but when you realize you can "roll" the motion it shouldn't be too bad to practice.

wow I did it, thank you very much.

Just charge DB then F, D, B, U + PPP.
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9056 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-08 15:09:48
December 08 2014 15:09 GMT
#9467
On December 09 2014 00:07 Garnet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2014 23:54 Duka08 wrote:

How do you do this combo with a keyboard? (Decapre's Ultra 2 anti-air version).

[image loading]


Understanding the shortcut for this motion really made it easier for me, though I am on stick. If you have your down-back charge, just release and quickly do a "360" style motion (really 180) from down-forward all the way back and end on up (or up-back).

In numpad notation: charge 1... 32147 KKK

I'm not sure if there's a trick to doing it on keyboard per se, but when you realize you can "roll" the motion it shouldn't be too bad to practice.

wow I did it, thank you very much.

Just charge DB then F, D, B, U + KKK.
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
December 08 2014 18:37 GMT
#9468
On December 08 2014 12:50 Duka08 wrote:
Top 8 USF4 @ NEC15 was so great tonight. The upsets, the hype... too much for me. What a great whole weekend.


I had to leave the house when top 8 started, around the time I witnessed the slopfest of Snake Eyez vs Pepeday. Are there VODs up?
Moderator
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
December 08 2014 18:41 GMT
#9469
On December 09 2014 03:37 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2014 12:50 Duka08 wrote:
Top 8 USF4 @ NEC15 was so great tonight. The upsets, the hype... too much for me. What a great whole weekend.


I had to leave the house when top 8 started, around the time I witnessed the slopfest of Snake Eyez vs Pepeday. Are there VODs up?

Spooky's Twitch channel always has past broadcasts available so you could check there first. Not sure if/when they'll ever be uploaded on a match-by-match basis though.
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
December 09 2014 08:37 GMT
#9470
Patch is coming on December 15th for arcades, will most likely be at the same time for consoles and PC. And they're actually going to release new costumes before they fix the netcode, amazing...
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
December 10 2014 05:01 GMT
#9471
Nothing quite like not playing for a while and coming back destroying fools in a FG.
WoW Draenor is eating at my soul but I still managed to 10-2 the #1 Juri on PC tonight in a pretty bad matchup for my character.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
December 10 2014 05:42 GMT
#9472
On December 10 2014 14:01 Noocta wrote:
Nothing quite like not playing for a while and coming back destroying fools in a FG.
WoW Draenor is eating at my soul but I still managed to 10-2 the #1 Juri on PC tonight in a pretty bad matchup for my character.


Did you upload the replays? I'd like to see how you played the Juri vs Makoto matchup.
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
December 10 2014 14:13 GMT
#9473
I'll upload them today if I find the time.
But there's this if you want a bit of high level Mak vs Juri ( probably a lot higher level than me :D )

" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
December 10 2014 14:45 GMT
#9474
looks the same as SF4...
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
December 10 2014 15:03 GMT
#9475
On December 10 2014 23:45 c0ldfusion wrote:
looks the same as SF4...


Off the Ground combos, guard crush, powered state for characters, launchers, ...

The graphics are a lot improved too. How is it SF4 ? lol
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
aseq
Profile Joined January 2003
Netherlands4020 Posts
December 10 2014 17:11 GMT
#9476
On December 11 2014 00:03 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2014 23:45 c0ldfusion wrote:
looks the same as SF4...


Off the Ground combos, guard crush, powered state for characters, launchers, ...

The graphics are a lot improved too. How is it SF4 ? lol


To a beginning spectator, it does look a lot like SF4. I like the way SF4 has been the chess of fighting games for a number of years now, and I hope this 'update' will continue to be just that, not too much of a completely new game (just like with dota and SC, balancing changes mostly). 'Just keeping things fresh' is a good way to keep people satisfied, but in the grand scheme of things, I prefer games to iterate towards final (perfected) versions of themselves. E-sports!

Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
December 10 2014 18:07 GMT
#9477
Well, then it doesn't look like SF4, it just looks like Street Fighter.
And that's perfectly normal.

There's only so much they can do in term of graphics now that we're in 3D. It's not like going from SF3 to SF4.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
December 10 2014 18:33 GMT
#9478
MajinTenshinhan: How do you feel about your competitive performance throughout 2014?

MD|Luffy: Not so good. I think I only won 70% of the tournaments I entered... I hope that I'll do better in 2015.

This guy...

Source
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-10 18:53:55
December 10 2014 18:53 GMT
#9479
I dont know who said ArcSys games are popular on Japan, but the new game sold 30k on release

Dead on arrival
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
December 10 2014 18:56 GMT
#9480
On December 11 2014 03:53 Faruko wrote:
I dont know who said ArcSys games are popular on Japan, but the new game sold 30k on release

Dead on arrival


guilty gear?
And all is illuminated.
Prev 1 472 473 474 475 476 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Classic vs herO
IntoTheiNu 828
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
CosmosSc2 40
Railgan 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 52729
Shuttle 7698
FanTaSy 1780
BeSt 563
Horang2 500
EffOrt 232
Soma 150
Last 127
Sexy 116
Pusan 115
[ Show more ]
Zeus 106
Mind 92
ggaemo 85
Hyun 77
hero 73
Sea.KH 69
Aegong 54
Killer 53
Snow 42
ToSsGirL 35
Bale 29
PianO 28
NaDa 19
JYJ 17
zelot 14
Rock 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Sacsri 8
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3524
qojqva2003
Dendi1231
XcaliburYe259
420jenkins143
Counter-Strike
fl0m3747
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor817
Liquid`Hasu657
Other Games
B2W.Neo860
Beastyqt562
byalli404
Mlord393
Livibee219
Hui .180
ArmadaUGS101
Mew2King70
QueenE51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick739
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream58
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3574
Other Games
• WagamamaTV80
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
1h 1m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 1m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 1m
Replay Cast
9h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 1m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
21h 1m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 21h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.