• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:05
CEST 15:05
KST 22:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7059 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 178

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 176 177 178 179 180 196 Next
Fyrewolf
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1533 Posts
June 13 2012 18:10 GMT
#3541
On June 14 2012 02:21 Devil Trigger wrote:
I think the knockback of the impact nitron is more useful than carrying one more compact nitron.


It's situational, but it's not completely useless, especially in standoffs(although I almost prefer inf retrieval if i don't need to chase the carrier, nitrons are good for those camping heavies with flag though), where you will probably try to conserve your nitrons for when they actually matter. Nitrons are costly for impulse jumps, it takes 2 nitrons for every extra jump before regen (2 primarys, 1 primary+2 nitron, or 4 nitrons->unlikely).

The question you need to ask yourself is, do I NEED that third impulse jump before regen? If not then you don't need to waste nitrons, a well placed disc or bolt can propel you just as fast as that nitron could. Regular impact nitrons will let you get faster quicker with a third jump, but I've gotten to 300 sanics off of 2 good bolt jumps just as well. Basically regular nitrons only give you a bit more versatility, all that the extra knockback gives you is 1 extra impulse jump per regen for every 2 nitrons spent.

"This is not Warcraft in space" "It's much more...... Sophisticated" "I KNOW IT'S NOT 3D!!!"
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
June 13 2012 18:23 GMT
#3542
Puppy kisses or Tao, which team website do you guys prefer?
http://puppykissestribes.webs.com/
http://www.taooftribe.com/
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
June 14 2012 19:30 GMT
#3543
I was wondering, which do you prefer as a Infiltrator loadout? Spinfusor or the Jackel?

I have enough for 1 of them, but I can't decide. If anyone with experience could give me some 1st person feedback. i would really appreciate it.

Note: One of my worries about the Spinfusor is that it's nothing new in terms of gameplay. I already use Pathfinder from time to time, and my first big EXP purchase was my soldier's Spinfusor. On the otherside, I've read that people say that the Jackel is a boring weapon. I've tested both in Training Mode, but nothing beats real in-game experience.
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
Keltanokka
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Finland279 Posts
June 14 2012 19:47 GMT
#3544
On June 15 2012 04:30 GinDo wrote:
I was wondering, which do you prefer as a Infiltrator loadout? Spinfusor or the Jackel?

I have enough for 1 of them, but I can't decide. If anyone with experience could give me some 1st person feedback. i would really appreciate it.

Note: One of my worries about the Spinfusor is that it's nothing new in terms of gameplay. I already use Pathfinder from time to time, and my first big EXP purchase was my soldier's Spinfusor. On the otherside, I've read that people say that the Jackel is a boring weapon. I've tested both in Training Mode, but nothing beats real in-game experience.


The jackal is really powerful, it 1 shots mediums and is banned in comp for being OP. If you do buy it, be prepared to get called the noob A LOT. On the other hand, it can offer more intresting gameplay since you can stick them to friendlies and have them run into people, as well as laying traps. If you are planning on playing the game above PUB level any time soon, get the spinfusor. If not, get the jackal.
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
June 14 2012 19:53 GMT
#3545
On June 15 2012 04:47 Keltanokka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2012 04:30 GinDo wrote:
I was wondering, which do you prefer as a Infiltrator loadout? Spinfusor or the Jackel?

I have enough for 1 of them, but I can't decide. If anyone with experience could give me some 1st person feedback. i would really appreciate it.

Note: One of my worries about the Spinfusor is that it's nothing new in terms of gameplay. I already use Pathfinder from time to time, and my first big EXP purchase was my soldier's Spinfusor. On the otherside, I've read that people say that the Jackel is a boring weapon. I've tested both in Training Mode, but nothing beats real in-game experience.


The jackal is really powerful, it 1 shots mediums and is banned in comp for being OP. If you do buy it, be prepared to get called the noob A LOT. On the other hand, it can offer more intresting gameplay since you can stick them to friendlies and have them run into people, as well as laying traps. If you are planning on playing the game above PUB level any time soon, get the spinfusor. If not, get the jackal.


Thanks alot. I guess I'll get the Jackal. I could care less about playing above PUB. I just want to play Tribes and have fun.
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-14 19:57:01
June 14 2012 19:56 GMT
#3546
So the lazer sniper rifle didn't receive the falloff nerfs that the other sniper rifles did. That means that, in addition to linear damage scaling, as opposed to the exponential damage scaling the other rifles have, this one also does more than 100 more damage at max range. Does that mean that the lazer rifle is now better, or not?
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
June 14 2012 20:10 GMT
#3547
On June 15 2012 04:56 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
So the lazer sniper rifle didn't receive the falloff nerfs that the other sniper rifles did. That means that, in addition to linear damage scaling, as opposed to the exponential damage scaling the other rifles have, this one also does more than 100 more damage at max range. Does that mean that the lazer rifle is now better, or not?


Well, the lazer kills any chance you have of capping or chasing, while using your primary. So no, not really
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
June 14 2012 20:12 GMT
#3548
On June 15 2012 05:10 GinDo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2012 04:56 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
So the lazer sniper rifle didn't receive the falloff nerfs that the other sniper rifles did. That means that, in addition to linear damage scaling, as opposed to the exponential damage scaling the other rifles have, this one also does more than 100 more damage at max range. Does that mean that the lazer rifle is now better, or not?


Well, the lazer kills any chance you have of capping or chasing, while using your primary. So no, not really


I'm not going to cap, and I rarely, if ever, need to chase against anyone competent.
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
June 14 2012 20:20 GMT
#3549
On June 15 2012 05:12 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2012 05:10 GinDo wrote:
On June 15 2012 04:56 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
So the lazer sniper rifle didn't receive the falloff nerfs that the other sniper rifles did. That means that, in addition to linear damage scaling, as opposed to the exponential damage scaling the other rifles have, this one also does more than 100 more damage at max range. Does that mean that the lazer rifle is now better, or not?


Well, the lazer kills any chance you have of capping or chasing, while using your primary. So no, not really


I'm not going to cap, and I rarely, if ever, need to chase against anyone competent.


In that case the Lazer would probably be better. The main argument against the lazer is the hindrance of mobility through energy use, but since your not capping or chasing you should probably get the lazer.

Just make sure you get the Ultra Capasitor 1+2
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
June 14 2012 21:13 GMT
#3550
Is there a way to replace the absolutely terrible scope on the laser rifle? Just wondering because I've basically given up this game completely to focus more on Dota 2 and D3, but if I could change this one thing I may come back to play some games.
Moderator
Scalepad
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden366 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-14 21:15:02
June 14 2012 21:14 GMT
#3551
What the fuck have they done to the saber launcher?

I was doing my usual jugg antics, going into gen room on katabatic, and suddenly I get a rocket in my face out of nowhere
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
June 14 2012 21:51 GMT
#3552
On June 15 2012 06:14 Scalepad wrote:
What the fuck have they done to the saber launcher?

I was doing my usual jugg antics, going into gen room on katabatic, and suddenly I get a rocket in my face out of nowhere


It's called the Titan launcher, and basically it's a dumb-fire rocket.
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
June 14 2012 21:52 GMT
#3553
On June 15 2012 06:13 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Is there a way to replace the absolutely terrible scope on the laser rifle? Just wondering because I've basically given up this game completely to focus more on Dota 2 and D3, but if I could change this one thing I may come back to play some games.


I've heard of ways to replace scopes, but I can't give you a specific place to get said replacements.
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
Scalepad
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden366 Posts
June 15 2012 09:08 GMT
#3554
On June 15 2012 06:51 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2012 06:14 Scalepad wrote:
What the fuck have they done to the saber launcher?

I was doing my usual jugg antics, going into gen room on katabatic, and suddenly I get a rocket in my face out of nowhere


It's called the Titan launcher, and basically it's a dumb-fire rocket.

I wanted to start playing TA again, but all this crap is just silly.


Also, isn't there a thread on the hi-rez forums about replacing scopes?
[17]Purple
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom3489 Posts
June 15 2012 09:18 GMT
#3555
On June 15 2012 18:08 Scalepad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2012 06:51 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
On June 15 2012 06:14 Scalepad wrote:
What the fuck have they done to the saber launcher?

I was doing my usual jugg antics, going into gen room on katabatic, and suddenly I get a rocket in my face out of nowhere


It's called the Titan launcher, and basically it's a dumb-fire rocket.

I wanted to start playing TA again, but all this crap is just silly.


Also, isn't there a thread on the hi-rez forums about replacing scopes?


Lets be honest here, the Sabre Launcher was pretty useless, even competent Shrike players could evade it.
"Turn Disadvantages into Disadvantages" and "Collect Telephones". The secrets of Chinese success.
Valenius
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1266 Posts
June 16 2012 03:07 GMT
#3556
Played my first games on US - East tonight, Holy shit. Forget CTF, Generators are the primary objective apparently! Maybe I just got an exceptionally bad group.
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
June 16 2012 03:29 GMT
#3557
On June 15 2012 06:13 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Is there a way to replace the absolutely terrible scope on the laser rifle? Just wondering because I've basically given up this game completely to focus more on Dota 2 and D3, but if I could change this one thing I may come back to play some games.


I know Shaz did but I only saw it on his Pathfinder so it is possible.
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
June 16 2012 03:31 GMT
#3558
On June 16 2012 12:07 Valenius wrote:
Played my first games on US - East tonight, Holy shit. Forget CTF, Generators are the primary objective apparently! Maybe I just got an exceptionally bad group.


If you don't like pubs come join us on the reddit pugs. Theres some insanely high level players in there. The info is at reddit.com/r/tribes . Generally 40-60 players on a night, always start post 8:00 est. Mostly play 7's or 8's.
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
Keltanokka
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Finland279 Posts
June 16 2012 09:34 GMT
#3559
On June 16 2012 12:31 TBone- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2012 12:07 Valenius wrote:
Played my first games on US - East tonight, Holy shit. Forget CTF, Generators are the primary objective apparently! Maybe I just got an exceptionally bad group.


If you don't like pubs come join us on the reddit pugs. Theres some insanely high level players in there. The info is at reddit.com/r/tribes . Generally 40-60 players on a night, always start post 8:00 est. Mostly play 7's or 8's.


He's in the UK, and in the EU the PUG's start earlier than that. Usually around 6-7 GMT we will start getting enough players.
Valenius
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1266 Posts
June 16 2012 15:55 GMT
#3560
On June 16 2012 12:31 TBone- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2012 12:07 Valenius wrote:
Played my first games on US - East tonight, Holy shit. Forget CTF, Generators are the primary objective apparently! Maybe I just got an exceptionally bad group.


If you don't like pubs come join us on the reddit pugs. Theres some insanely high level players in there. The info is at reddit.com/r/tribes . Generally 40-60 players on a night, always start post 8:00 est. Mostly play 7's or 8's.


What's the average skill level like of people in the pugs? I'm an okay player, but not great in any sense of the word.
Prev 1 176 177 178 179 180 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 963
RotterdaM474
TKL 199
SteadfastSC178
Rex112
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 474
ByuN 276
TKL 199
SteadfastSC 178
Rex 112
Codebar 30
CosmosSc2 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37142
Shuttle 2264
Jaedong 941
Horang2 805
Bisu 672
Soulkey 487
Mini 360
Stork 345
EffOrt 296
Larva 243
[ Show more ]
actioN 241
BeSt 237
Soma 216
Snow 168
ZerO 154
Last 151
Rush 151
Mong 142
firebathero 142
Zeus 93
Free 93
910 79
sorry 70
Mind 66
Hyun 66
Sharp 56
Pusan 51
PianO 51
hero 47
Shinee 40
Yoon 39
Shine 36
JYJ 32
Bale 27
Sexy 25
Aegong 19
ToSsGirL 19
Hm[arnc] 17
HiyA 17
scan(afreeca) 12
Terrorterran 12
Sacsri 11
Noble 9
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3901
Dendi1134
canceldota69
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1191
edward180
fl0m57
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King200
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes499
Lowko303
Other Games
gofns77999
singsing2312
B2W.Neo320
hiko290
DeMusliM216
Pyrionflax179
Livibee168
Liquid`VortiX62
QueenE55
Trikslyr37
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1501
Other Games
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH119
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV466
League of Legends
• Nemesis1486
• Jankos1328
• TFBlade361
Other Games
• Shiphtur631
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 55m
The PondCast
20h 55m
INu's Battles
21h 55m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.