• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:57
CEST 15:57
KST 22:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8842 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 15

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 196 Next
LiamTheZerg
Profile Joined March 2011
United States523 Posts
November 08 2011 04:09 GMT
#281
I'll definitely take some beta keys if no one else has someone to give them too

but for clarification, say i pre-order/buy the game tomorrow, i can load and play the beta tomorrow too?
Jjakji | Sage | Seal | Shuttle | DongRaeGu | oGsTheSTC | Bomber | Curious | Oz
tec27
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States3715 Posts
November 08 2011 04:14 GMT
#282
On November 08 2011 13:09 LiamTheZerg wrote:
I'll definitely take some beta keys if no one else has someone to give them too

but for clarification, say i pre-order/buy the game tomorrow, i can load and play the beta tomorrow too?

Yep, thats how it works.
Can you jam with the console cowboys in cyberspace?
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
November 08 2011 05:17 GMT
#283
I'VE GOT YOUR NUMBER, I'VE GOT AAAAAAAAALLLL YOUR NUMBERS!!!!!!!!!!


*crazyeyes*
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
LiamTheZerg
Profile Joined March 2011
United States523 Posts
November 08 2011 15:20 GMT
#284
So is it worth the pre-order? I've never played tribes, but the best FPS's i've ever played have been ones with unique movement. I.e. strafe jumping in quake, the teleporting system in Shadowrun, etc. Will i enjoy this one? I'm not turned off by steep learning curve

also, how is the community behind the game?
Jjakji | Sage | Seal | Shuttle | DongRaeGu | oGsTheSTC | Bomber | Curious | Oz
BrTarolg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom3574 Posts
November 08 2011 16:11 GMT
#285
It's a pretty fun game as it is, though the general consensus is its absolutely nothing like the origional tribes which most of the vets think is miles better

It does feel a lot like halo with jetpacks atm
clik
Profile Joined May 2010
United States319 Posts
November 08 2011 16:16 GMT
#286
On November 09 2011 01:11 BrTarolg wrote:

It does feel a lot like halo with jetpacks atm


Ugh this is not what I want to read. I was left with the impression that they were replicating the original tribes feel with today's graphics. That was a while ago and now that the game is in beta I'm seeing these types of reports. The very thing I was afraid of. There are plenty of generic shooters that give a "halo with jetpacks" experience, why on earth would they make Tribes the same way?
BrTarolg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom3574 Posts
November 08 2011 16:43 GMT
#287
On November 09 2011 01:16 clik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2011 01:11 BrTarolg wrote:

It does feel a lot like halo with jetpacks atm


Ugh this is not what I want to read. I was left with the impression that they were replicating the original tribes feel with today's graphics. That was a while ago and now that the game is in beta I'm seeing these types of reports. The very thing I was afraid of. There are plenty of generic shooters that give a "halo with jetpacks" experience, why on earth would they make Tribes the same way?


for the $$$
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
November 08 2011 16:52 GMT
#288
On November 09 2011 01:43 BrTarolg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2011 01:16 clik wrote:
On November 09 2011 01:11 BrTarolg wrote:

It does feel a lot like halo with jetpacks atm


Ugh this is not what I want to read. I was left with the impression that they were replicating the original tribes feel with today's graphics. That was a while ago and now that the game is in beta I'm seeing these types of reports. The very thing I was afraid of. There are plenty of generic shooters that give a "halo with jetpacks" experience, why on earth would they make Tribes the same way?


for the $$$


Super disappointing, but not surprising. Global Agenda, which also had jetpacks, was pretty much Halo with jetpacks rather than Tribes.
Logo
Gryffes
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom763 Posts
November 08 2011 17:56 GMT
#289
I'm in the beta, starting to put some vids on youtube, here's a cap I did an hour or two ago on the new Katabatic.

www.youtube.com/gryffes - Random Gaming Videos.
LiamTheZerg
Profile Joined March 2011
United States523 Posts
November 08 2011 18:02 GMT
#290
On November 09 2011 02:56 Luckbox wrote:
I'm in the beta, starting to put some vids on youtube, here's a cap I did an hour or two ago on the new Katabatic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc3OwQadgsg



Would you recommend the game? I mean i enjoyed halo 1 & 2 immensely, 3 was good with friends, reach was absolute trash.
I guess i'm trying to figure out if its worth it since it seems to be the only interesting FPS out now.
Jjakji | Sage | Seal | Shuttle | DongRaeGu | oGsTheSTC | Bomber | Curious | Oz
BrTarolg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom3574 Posts
November 08 2011 18:06 GMT
#291
On November 09 2011 03:02 LiamTheZerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2011 02:56 Luckbox wrote:
I'm in the beta, starting to put some vids on youtube, here's a cap I did an hour or two ago on the new Katabatic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc3OwQadgsg



Would you recommend the game? I mean i enjoyed halo 1 & 2 immensely, 3 was good with friends, reach was absolute trash.
I guess i'm trying to figure out if its worth it since it seems to be the only interesting FPS out now.


Well, tribes is still a great game, but they've totally monetized it and sacrificed gameplay in order to do so

Atm my fav class is the raider, nade launcher seems pretty strong atm compared to most ground targeting weapons, and they got a SMG to boot
Gryffes
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom763 Posts
November 08 2011 18:22 GMT
#292
On November 09 2011 03:02 LiamTheZerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2011 02:56 Luckbox wrote:
I'm in the beta, starting to put some vids on youtube, here's a cap I did an hour or two ago on the new Katabatic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc3OwQadgsg



Would you recommend the game? I mean i enjoyed halo 1 & 2 immensely, 3 was good with friends, reach was absolute trash.
I guess i'm trying to figure out if its worth it since it seems to be the only interesting FPS out now.



If you've never played tribes before then yes it's worth it, if you loved T1 or T2 Classic, then you might find a few niggles with it - but it's still beta and they are patching so I don't think it's fair to say do/don't play yet.

It is FUN for me though as a T1/T2/T:V veteran so even with the minor complaints that I have I'm still enjoying it.
www.youtube.com/gryffes - Random Gaming Videos.
ProjectVirtue
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada360 Posts
November 08 2011 18:50 GMT
#293
its definitely fun, and worth the money. There are a number of differences compared to the previous ones but i wouldn't go so far as to say it feels like "halo with jetpacks".
俺はダメ人間。。。
Raynian
Profile Joined December 2010
United States50 Posts
November 08 2011 19:41 GMT
#294
On November 08 2011 12:20 ProjectVirtue wrote:
1 for coriolis

uhhh, 2nd one will be....

loading katabatic: "there's nothing like ____________________" this ones a bit harder, and no, it's not just 1 word lol


Something along the lines of "There's nothing like fighting on Starwolf planets - you get frostbite everytime you pop your armor, and you can't sneeze without getting frozen snot all over your face".

As for T:A - I'm glad with some of the changes they're finally doing, especially the weapons inheriting player momentum. Hopefully they'll do more updates which bring back the skill ceiling that was in T1/T2C.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
November 08 2011 23:08 GMT
#295
Honestly after playing TA I can see the testers didn't exaggerate. Anyone who played more than casually in previous tribes games will probably hate it. If you just played casually you might enjoy it, but as it is its more like tribes:ground edition. Heck jets barely have enough juice to make it to your flag stand.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Gryffes
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom763 Posts
November 08 2011 23:12 GMT
#296
On November 09 2011 08:08 Coriolis wrote:
Honestly after playing TA I can see the testers didn't exaggerate. Anyone who played more than casually in previous tribes games will probably hate it. If you just played casually you might enjoy it, but as it is its more like tribes:ground edition. Heck jets barely have enough juice to make it to your flag stand.



Have you upgraded your energy regen and friction reduction talents yet? Or just hour 1 whine? :p
www.youtube.com/gryffes - Random Gaming Videos.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
November 08 2011 23:30 GMT
#297
On November 09 2011 08:12 Luckbox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2011 08:08 Coriolis wrote:
Honestly after playing TA I can see the testers didn't exaggerate. Anyone who played more than casually in previous tribes games will probably hate it. If you just played casually you might enjoy it, but as it is its more like tribes:ground edition. Heck jets barely have enough juice to make it to your flag stand.



Have you upgraded your energy regen and friction reduction talents yet? Or just hour 1 whine? :p

Yes and its still pitiful. The fact that you even have to upgrade it in the first place is utterly retarded and is only used as a mechanism to keep players playing a bad game. If it weren't for the fact it had tribes in the name I probably would have uninstalled it after 30 minutes.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Gryffes
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom763 Posts
November 08 2011 23:35 GMT
#298
Weird, I seem to be getting decent speeds :p

Jetpack doesn't give directional thrust which is a MAJOR difference from T1, but remember this is BETA and they are making changes.

Look at SC2 beta, all the stupid shit in that, it all worked out in the end.
www.youtube.com/gryffes - Random Gaming Videos.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-08 23:38:52
November 08 2011 23:37 GMT
#299
On November 09 2011 08:35 Luckbox wrote:
Weird, I seem to be getting decent speeds :p

Jetpack doesn't give directional thrust which is a MAJOR difference from T1, but remember this is BETA and they are making changes.

Look at SC2 beta, all the stupid shit in that, it all worked out in the end.

Decent speeds? I go down one hill and I hit the speed cap. How it works out without caps I have no idea, but jets are pitiful. Have you not ever played tribes 2 classic or T1 base? I honestly don't believe you if you call TA speeds "decent". Also disc jumps are completely worthless, so naturally chasing is kinda a joke. SC2 was also devved by a company with a history of making good games. I haven't heard too many good things about Global Agenda, mostly that its a pretty mediocre game and that they don't give a shit about the community.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Gryffes
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom763 Posts
November 08 2011 23:47 GMT
#300
So why are you whining about the speedcaps when they already announced the next patch notes and that it's getting removed?

And yeah I was a long time T1 vet, played a month of T2 and quit in disgust before classic arrived and played a bit of T:V as well.
www.youtube.com/gryffes - Random Gaming Videos.
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1441
WardiTV804
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech127
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5987
Bisu 2843
Jaedong 1158
EffOrt 498
Horang2 478
Mini 450
actioN 273
Larva 250
ZerO 224
ggaemo 215
[ Show more ]
Mind 101
Yoon 87
Pusan 82
Sharp 66
Snow 66
hero 65
Shinee 64
Bale 52
Hyun 52
Barracks 50
Dewaltoss 46
ToSsGirL 37
sorry 29
Sacsri 18
scan(afreeca) 18
Trap 15
NaDa 14
Rock 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
zelot 8
Icarus 7
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4497
qojqva2213
Dendi1112
Counter-Strike
markeloff171
Other Games
olofmeister1002
hiko893
B2W.Neo667
Lowko327
crisheroes287
DeMusliM243
Pyrionflax203
XBOCT197
Livibee163
Hui .161
Liquid`VortiX149
QueenE87
Mew2King50
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV730
League of Legends
• Nemesis2306
• Jankos2018
• TFBlade579
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 3m
Patches Events
1d 2h
The PondCast
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.