• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:30
CEST 19:30
KST 02:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8644 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 120

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 118 119 120 121 122 698 Next
ArcticVanguard
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States450 Posts
February 15 2012 22:36 GMT
#2381
Just bought Killing Floor. It's obvious it's not made for solo play, the medium difficulty feels impossible if you're alone. That said, it's REALLY fun and that sort of challenge is fun. The environment and overall feel of the game is incredibly well done. I think it's the only game I've ever played that actually scared me. And I've played Amnesia.
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
February 15 2012 22:43 GMT
#2382
On February 16 2012 07:36 ArcticVanguard wrote:
Just bought Killing Floor. It's obvious it's not made for solo play, the medium difficulty feels impossible if you're alone. That said, it's REALLY fun and that sort of challenge is fun. The environment and overall feel of the game is incredibly well done. I think it's the only game I've ever played that actually scared me. And I've played Amnesia.


;S;S;S:S:S::S:S:S???/ You think killing floor is scarier than Amnesia? In my view killing floor has more of a wtf factor with all the fucked up monsters than being really scary.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
ArcticVanguard
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States450 Posts
February 15 2012 22:48 GMT
#2383
On February 16 2012 07:43 solidbebe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2012 07:36 ArcticVanguard wrote:
Just bought Killing Floor. It's obvious it's not made for solo play, the medium difficulty feels impossible if you're alone. That said, it's REALLY fun and that sort of challenge is fun. The environment and overall feel of the game is incredibly well done. I think it's the only game I've ever played that actually scared me. And I've played Amnesia.


;S;S;S:S:S::S:S:S???/ You think killing floor is scarier than Amnesia? In my view killing floor has more of a wtf factor with all the fucked up monsters than being really scary.

Amnesia just had me all "meh" the entire time. I wasn't really scared by Amnesia.
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
Rednaxela_19
Profile Joined December 2010
United States150 Posts
February 15 2012 23:04 GMT
#2384
On February 16 2012 07:36 ArcticVanguard wrote:
Just bought Killing Floor. It's obvious it's not made for solo play, the medium difficulty feels impossible if you're alone. That said, it's REALLY fun and that sort of challenge is fun. The environment and overall feel of the game is incredibly well done. I think it's the only game I've ever played that actually scared me. And I've played Amnesia.


haha idk dude. I guess its personal opinion, but to me amnesia was like 100% scarier than killing floor. Just my two cents.
aseq
Profile Joined January 2003
Netherlands4020 Posts
February 16 2012 00:02 GMT
#2385
Killing Floor looks like your average horror hack n slash movie with a circus theme (sorry, not gonna try). Suspense and minimalism is way scarier than the overabundance of flesh and blood.
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
February 16 2012 02:04 GMT
#2386
On February 16 2012 07:36 ArcticVanguard wrote:
Just bought Killing Floor. It's obvious it's not made for solo play, the medium difficulty feels impossible if you're alone. That said, it's REALLY fun and that sort of challenge is fun. The environment and overall feel of the game is incredibly well done. I think it's the only game I've ever played that actually scared me. And I've played Amnesia.

Levels are a huge deal in Killing Floor. Numbers are useful for some really challenging modes but you can solo most of the game. The bonuses you get (huge decreases in weapon price, increases in damage, whatever) help tremendously. With that said, it's much more fun playing with friends than playing alone so you might as well.
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
February 17 2012 06:39 GMT
#2387
Holy shit, Alan Wake is available for PC. I so wanted to try that game, dunno what I should do, that or get MW3.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
NEXUS6
Profile Joined July 2011
United States413 Posts
February 17 2012 06:52 GMT
#2388
On February 17 2012 15:39 Bleak wrote:
Holy shit, Alan Wake is available for PC. I so wanted to try that game, dunno what I should do, that or get MW3.

Is it really? that's awesome. I watched an entire play through of that on youtube a while back because it was only for xbox. Maybe now I will play through it myself.
idonthinksobro
Profile Joined December 2010
3138 Posts
February 20 2012 03:38 GMT
#2389


the bemine bundle is awesome but the servers they use are crap so you can only buy it when you are lucky to connect to their server for me that was between 10am and 1pm GMT. You will probably get a servers are down message when you try to buy it - but i kept trying and now i finally have an awesome bundle. The bundle contains Xotic + 3x Dlc for xotic, Beep, The ball, nikopol, sideways new york and wasteland angel and is pay what you want 1$ or more.
I already played beep, xotic and sideways new york and every game feels good. The bundle is definatly a steal if you are willing to get a few times server down.

link to the bundle:

+ Show Spoiler +
you can't say that i didn't warn you, the servers are horrible+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.groupees.com/bemine
Chezus
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands427 Posts
February 22 2012 18:04 GMT
#2390
Hey TL,

I still have some coupons left over from the winter achievements stuff. Since they're only valid until the 1st of March, and I'm not going to use them, I'm giving them away to whichever TL'er wants them.

I have:
Valve: -33% x2
Valve: -25%
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!: -50%
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky: -50%
Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012: -50%
bitComposer: -25%
Activision: -10%

Give me a poke on steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/chezuskev


idonthinksobro
Profile Joined December 2010
3138 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-23 04:55:47
February 23 2012 04:54 GMT
#2391
is Ceville worth the money?
does anybody own this game?

chocopaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
2072 Posts
February 23 2012 18:52 GMT
#2392
Whoa Deus Ex: Human Revolution 66% off... Tempting, but I always hesitate regarding singleplayer games. Would you say you get enough content/replayability for 16,99?
http://twitter.com/lechocopaw
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
February 23 2012 22:53 GMT
#2393
On February 24 2012 03:52 chocopaw wrote:
Whoa Deus Ex: Human Revolution 66% off... Tempting, but I always hesitate regarding singleplayer games. Would you say you get enough content/replayability for 16,99?



just came here to post this as well. I missed out on this game the first time around but for $10.19 (USD) I think I'll snag it after work.


all of the DLC is 66% off as well.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
ballasdontcry
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada595 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-23 23:03:52
February 23 2012 23:03 GMT
#2394
$10 is more than enough value for what you get from DXHR. you can get 20-30 hours off your first playthrough if you're doing everything, just exploring everywhere, doing sidequests will take a good chunk of time.

DLC (TML in particular being the only relevant playable DLC, other stuff is just weapons addons I think) isn't worth as much, it feels somewhat disjointed from the main game (in fact, you can play this standalone without installing DXHR) and you can probably get 2-3 hours max from it.
Janaan
Profile Joined June 2011
United States381 Posts
February 23 2012 23:19 GMT
#2395
On February 23 2012 13:54 idonthinksobro wrote:
is Ceville worth the money?
does anybody own this game?


I got it yesterday just out of curiousity, I haven't had a chance to play it yet, though. When I get home tonight I'll probably play it for a bit, and I'll let you know what I think of it.
Janaan
Profile Joined June 2011
United States381 Posts
February 24 2012 06:00 GMT
#2396
On February 24 2012 08:19 Janaan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2012 13:54 idonthinksobro wrote:
is Ceville worth the money?
does anybody own this game?


I got it yesterday just out of curiousity, I haven't had a chance to play it yet, though. When I get home tonight I'll probably play it for a bit, and I'll let you know what I think of it.

It's your basic point-and-click puzzle game from what I saw. I'm absolutely awful at those games, and don't enjoy them at all, so I didn't play it for very long. Maybe there's more to the game, but that's all I saw.

But now, Deus Ex: Human Revolutions is 66% off. Now that's a good sale!
gn1k
Profile Joined July 2010
United States441 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-26 11:26:54
February 24 2012 06:04 GMT
#2397
I really don't like Human revolution. I beat it, but the boss fights are really annoying and the levels feel so fake.
However I loved the original Deus Ex.

I guess my biggest problem is that I hate stealth in all games. It feels so fake and random.
Creator of Street Empires and APM TD
Gott2
Profile Joined February 2012
14 Posts
February 24 2012 06:18 GMT
#2398
DeusEX HR was awesome if you played it without killing anything.
happyft
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States470 Posts
February 24 2012 20:02 GMT
#2399
Just bought Mirror's Edge on sale for only $5, and I gotta say I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Likes:
- It's actually a difficult game. I'm playing on normal and I'm easily dying several times every stage, and dying at least half a dozen times on some hard parts alone.
- I like that the game rewards you for speed in the sense that the enemies really start to surround you and get more accurate with their shots if you don't get the hell out of there in time. You really start to feel the tension rising as you know you're running out of time before you get ripped to shreds by machine guns, shotguns, and chopper fire.
- Dying actually feels painful. If you make a wrong step and fall off the building, your body goes CRUNCH. If you're about to get hit by a subway train, you hear the *HOOOOONK* with the lights casting a shadow on your body and then *THUD*. lol omg that whole subway level ... I kept going "OH MY GOD NOOOOOOO" *THUD*. lol
- I really like the fact that the game is somewhat hard to play, but very very difficult to master. Right now I'm just trying to do a play through, but I'm really looking forward to doing the speedruns.

Dislikes:
- Combat is really simplistic ... would be nice if it were a little bit more complex
- Most of the puzzles are pretty simple and linear ... you just need to explore every nook and cranny, which is kinda annoying
- I can see the game can feel a bit repetitive, but I'm ok with that, playing only about an hour a day

Overall, I really recommend getting this game on sale if you can!
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
February 24 2012 20:41 GMT
#2400
Just saw the HD versions of the Serious Sam games for 66% off. Anyone ever play the remake games? Are they any good? I never played the originals and would love to play these games, they were supposed to be pretty good...
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Prev 1 118 119 120 121 122 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
RotterdaM764
TaKeTV 281
IndyStarCraft 162
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2348
RotterdaM 705
ByuN 350
IndyStarCraft 162
MaxPax 128
BRAT_OK 81
UpATreeSC 49
MindelVK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3463
Shuttle 833
Mini 465
EffOrt 389
Rush 180
Dewaltoss 138
Mind 108
Shinee 98
910 75
Zeus 69
[ Show more ]
Mong 66
hero 57
HiyA 49
sorry 26
Bale 23
JYJ 22
ToSsGirL 18
Sexy 13
zelot 11
scan(afreeca) 10
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5624
qojqva3050
Counter-Strike
fl0m5406
pashabiceps753
Fnx 697
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2010
Other Games
singsing2148
Beastyqt657
ceh9622
Hui .200
XaKoH 129
mouzStarbuck122
Trikslyr78
QueenE66
C9.Mang038
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV195
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 69
• StrangeGG 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 26
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie360
• Shiphtur325
• WagamamaTV120
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 30m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 30m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 30m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.