• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:34
CEST 04:34
KST 11:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9135 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 118

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 116 117 118 119 120 698 Next
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
January 04 2012 06:23 GMT
#2341
I'm not quite $1000 but $715.59. Of course, I did not actually pay that much since it seems to be taking full prices. Still a really interesting site though.
Everyone needs a nemesis.
Jetaap
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France4814 Posts
January 04 2012 09:34 GMT
#2342
I bought bioshock 2 but I have a problem with securom games apparently, bioshock and gta IV do not start at all when I try to launch them. That really frustrating, I don't know ANY game that has been sucessfully protected against cracking but I have been annoyed countless time by these "securities"...
This is really discouraging, I really don't know why paying customers are basically the only ones that have problems because of these anti crack features >_<.

Has anybody had this kind of problem? I can play skyrim bastion sc2 no problem but I can't even launch bioshock or gta IV . I tried to launch the game directly without using steam, but it doesn't work either. All I have is a process called "bioshock launcher" that appears and disapear quicly in my task manager but nothing else, not even an error message ..
mcmartini
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia1972 Posts
January 04 2012 11:32 GMT
#2343
On January 04 2012 00:08 Bloodash wrote:
anyone purchased arkham city as well only to find out it keeps crashing?

so dissapointing >_<

If you have an Nvidia card try going to their site and reinstalling/downloading the PhysX drivers, this worked for me on both Metro 2033 and Arkham City
I just want to say I have 370 APM - Liquid'Tyler SotG 14-12-2011 "I mean it's too bad you can't be paid to be, you know, a chicken shit fucking whiny bitch on the internet or we would have lots of rich community members" Nick "Tasteless" Plott
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-04 12:09:34
January 04 2012 11:43 GMT
#2344
On January 04 2012 15:23 lynx.oblige wrote:
I'm not quite $1000 but $715.59. Of course, I did not actually pay that much since it seems to be taking full prices. Still a really interesting site though.

That site doesn't seem to work for my account. It links to the right page when I use the link, but it just doesn't collect anything . Custom URL doesn't work at all. No luck with the extra space with either form.

Okay I finally figured it out. The site is parsing poorly and forcing all letters lowercase in its query, so if your URL has any uppercase letters (or at least for the first letter) it fails to find it.

Found 40 Games with a value of $550.61 USD.

When/where exactly are the results of the contest supposed to be announced? The EULA of the contest says
(b) Epic Holiday Giveaway. Sponsor will select the following winners by random drawing from all valid entries by January 3, 2012: one (1) Grand Prize, fifty (50) First Prizes, one-hundred (100) Second Prizes, and one-thousand (1000) Third Prizes. Prize descriptions are listed here. Epic Holiday Giveaway prizes will be awarded no later than January 31, 2012.

I would expect them to be making a big announcement over this, but there doesn't seem to be any news about it at all. Are they actually going to wait until February to announce this?
twitch.tv/cratonz
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
January 04 2012 12:57 GMT
#2345
On January 04 2012 20:43 Craton wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2012 15:23 lynx.oblige wrote:
I'm not quite $1000 but $715.59. Of course, I did not actually pay that much since it seems to be taking full prices. Still a really interesting site though.

That site doesn't seem to work for my account. It links to the right page when I use the link, but it just doesn't collect anything . Custom URL doesn't work at all. No luck with the extra space with either form.

Okay I finally figured it out. The site is parsing poorly and forcing all letters lowercase in its query, so if your URL has any uppercase letters (or at least for the first letter) it fails to find it.

Found 40 Games with a value of $550.61 USD.

When/where exactly are the results of the contest supposed to be announced? The EULA of the contest says
Show nested quote +
(b) Epic Holiday Giveaway. Sponsor will select the following winners by random drawing from all valid entries by January 3, 2012: one (1) Grand Prize, fifty (50) First Prizes, one-hundred (100) Second Prizes, and one-thousand (1000) Third Prizes. Prize descriptions are listed here. Epic Holiday Giveaway prizes will be awarded no later than January 31, 2012.

I would expect them to be making a big announcement over this, but there doesn't seem to be any news about it at all. Are they actually going to wait until February to announce this?


I thought so too but I think I read the prize drawing would occur on january the 2nd. Or do people only receive their prizes in february?
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
MoneyHypeMike
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada305 Posts
January 04 2012 13:17 GMT
#2346
They will announce the winner at the end of the month.
Ben...
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3485 Posts
January 04 2012 19:03 GMT
#2347
Holy crap I just used that calculator. I have kept track of how much I've spent and it is around $650 over 3 years because I only buy games on sale.

My account consists of 148 games worth $2386. around 30 of the games are from Humble Bundles, which I pay $15 dollars for.
"Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide" -Tastosis
KoTakUEurO
Profile Joined May 2011
605 Posts
January 06 2012 03:55 GMT
#2348
http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/efsyckness
wow... i'm very surprised at what the Christmas Sale can do to you.
at the beginning of december it would have been ~400-500 i think...
Dubzex
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6994 Posts
January 12 2012 20:18 GMT
#2349
Steam is having a sale this weekend on Deadspace & Deadspace 2. Both are 75% off. Looks like a good deal. I am thinking about picking it up myself because they are supposed to be some pretty good games. Sale started already and ends January 16th.
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/8672/
"DONT UNDERESTIMATE MY CARRY OR YOU WILL BE CARRIED INTO THE ABYSS OF SUFFERING" - Tyler 'TC' Cook
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
January 13 2012 01:26 GMT
#2350
On January 13 2012 05:18 Dubzex wrote:
Steam is having a sale this weekend on Deadspace & Deadspace 2. Both are 75% off. Looks like a good deal. I am thinking about picking it up myself because they are supposed to be some pretty good games. Sale started already and ends January 16th.
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/8672/


i picked up ds2. I've always heard good things about it and it looks pretty fun but really for $5 it just seems worth it. I'll play it in between my dota2 binges.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-13 13:32:57
January 13 2012 13:24 GMT
#2351
Again, HELPFUL INFORMATION for those who gonna or already did buy Dead Spaces:

In Dead Space 2 DO NOT use ingame Vertical synchronisation, it limits the FPS to 30. Instead, go to your video card setting center and change V-synch for corresponding game for override. Forcibly turn it on there. Then both games gonna stay at 60 fps.

In first Dead Space, increase your mouse sensitivity to maximum in-game, adjust accordingly in other software if necessary.

I strongly suggest both games. I'm a huge fan of franchise (played every game, read the comics and even the book). Too bad it's gonna be butchered by EA soon enough so enjoy what you can from what is already made. In my book, these two games are ones of the best in last few years. I would say they fall into must play category, but my opinion is strongly biased. Yet I know how much others liked em. My level of respect for first Dead Space is equal to Deus Ex HR and that is the best game last year for me.

First game is more of a survival horror, second one is more of an action game, but that is based purely on atmosphere you have around you, of course, second one has episodes like that, too. But, both games stay in one genre and compliment each other really well. Get package, it's a laughable price for a product like this.
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
January 13 2012 14:29 GMT
#2352
can't get dead space 2 on steam over here, so they don't even put up the sale ad in the first place >.> the original is still on 75% sale though, so check that in case you are interested! just because the sale isn't advertised must not mean that you don't get anything of it
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
ragnasaur
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
United States804 Posts
January 13 2012 23:40 GMT
#2353
I have a valve complete pack from the sale to trade for a game. pm me!
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) George Forman doesnt have any fingerprints
RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-19 13:50:13
January 17 2012 13:40 GMT
#2354
EDIT: IMPORTANT: Apparently CDKEYs have been received and everyone should have one by now.

Apparently there's a problem with Dead Space 2 cdkeys in Steam right now. I just re-installed my game to do a quick run-through and realised that I lack my cdkey which I had since the game got first released on Steam a year ago.

Checked steam forums, sent Steam support a complaint.

Sorry for anyone who might have bought the game based on my recommendation and now experiences such a ridiculous problem. Angry as f... myself.
surfinbird1
Profile Joined September 2009
Germany999 Posts
January 21 2012 15:10 GMT
#2355
This weekend there's a big sale on the Sonic franchise. I played a bit of Sonic when I was little and I'm thinking about getting one or more of them. From what I've heard there are really good and really bad games in the series. So my question to you, TL community, is, which ones are worth it?
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-21 15:42:17
January 21 2012 15:36 GMT
#2356
check this video from totalbiscuit on the latest sonic game. he also gives a short summary of the previous games and why they were bad at some point:


TB has been doing a lot of videos on steam sales lately, so it's always a good idea to check out his channel when sales are up. I'll try to link them in here if i see new ones coming up, might be helpful. I doubt he has the time to post them himself, especially since he doesn't focus on steam only but includes info about deals from other platforms. But i'll try to keep that up. that will probably work better than those polls i used to put up ^^
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
TheMango
Profile Joined April 2007
United States1967 Posts
January 21 2012 16:07 GMT
#2357
Found 385 Games with a value of
$6185.42 USD

My new years resolution is to not buy anymore steam games (at least until next Christmas sale t_t)
Moderator
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
January 21 2012 16:57 GMT
#2358
And just as i posted about TBs stuff, here's his Salebox for this weekend, featuring several discount deals on Steam and other Digital Distribution Platforms (also covering all the sonic games right at the beginning):
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
January 22 2012 08:16 GMT
#2359
On January 22 2012 01:07 TheMango wrote:
Found 385 Games with a value of
$6185.42 USD

My new years resolution is to not buy anymore steam games (at least until next Christmas sale t_t)


Damn, lol. That is a record high to me.
Everyone needs a nemesis.
Yurie
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
12175 Posts
January 23 2012 05:40 GMT
#2360
Yep, that is high, mine is only $2166.16 USD. (Doubtful I spent that much on it, meaning I found cheaper sales than time price drop.)

Themango, did you actually spend that much or is it from super cheap sales and things like the humble bundle?
Prev 1 116 117 118 119 120 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1918
GuemChi 1513
Artosis 560
910 72
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
Bale 16
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm203
febbydoto4
Counter-Strike
taco 506
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox530
Other Games
summit1g8204
Doublelift1922
JimRising 583
C9.Mang0372
Day[9].tv331
PiGStarcraft238
Maynarde117
CosmosSc2 21
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1039
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 106
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv331
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 26m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
8h 26m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
21h 26m
Patches Events
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.