• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:57
CEST 10:57
KST 17:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6383 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 122

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 120 121 122 123 124 698 Next
bubO
Profile Joined August 2010
United States367 Posts
March 16 2012 10:10 GMT
#2421
On March 16 2012 19:06 Shirolol wrote:
If anyone is looking for a great racing game then burnout paradise is cheap, I bought it and it's a lot of fun - there's a ton of awesome shit you can do all over the city and the variety of cars, BIKES (And even TOY CARS/BIKES!) is actually pretty damn good, much better than NFS for example where when you unlock a new car you just use that because it's just "better".

If you liked burnout takedown then you'll like paradise - it doesn't FAIL HARD like NFS2 did compared to NFS:U, it actually does the whole "town thing" well. Don't let that put you off!

And dungeon defenders is more than worth the price, amazing TD game with rpg elements - can even be played as a TPSRPG style game with a "dps" build. Some of the later stages/challenges are extremely tough on higher difficulties also, require a lot of knowledge and forethought to be able to complete them - running in blind will result in a very quick death. I think the style of gameplay will appeal to a lot of SC players, turret placement/choice is important depending on what you are going to encounter that level/wave/area etc. (I bought DD at full price and then ALL of the DLC when it was on sale a while ago, 100% worth it.)

Show nested quote +
On March 16 2012 18:54 bubO wrote:
Raging hard right now i bought Burnout Paradise when it was for 75% off. Now that i have time to play it it crashes every single time it loads......wtf....no wonder it was for 5 bucks


I am certain this is an issue on your end rather than the games as I have literally had 0 problems regarding crashing/errors or anything of the like, game has played flawlessly so far - maybe check some forums etc to try and fix your problem rather than complaining on a site that has nothing to do with the game?


Haha i tried apperently i am not the only one who has had crashes with the game. No one has solved the issue
Protoss...
Shirolol
Profile Joined April 2010
England504 Posts
March 16 2012 10:44 GMT
#2422
Ah well sorry, that's a damn shame.. Similar thing has happened to me in the past with other games that work fine for other people too so not too surprised really! Would still say it's worth a buy though, perhaps it'll get fixed in the future - many of these problems come down to some kind of software related problem; drivers, anti-virus, firewall or just some software clashing.
Korean Netizen wrote: My ears died from the static and the music and my eyes died from the depressing gameplay and bad observer.
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
March 16 2012 11:03 GMT
#2423
Anno 2070 is an ok game, its a good building game, but the lack of AI opponents makes it uninteresting after a while, the online challenges only update like every 2 months.


dungeon defenders is really good, its too bad that most poeple now just look for quick leveling and quick items by being carried by high levels. at release i played trough the whole campaign with others that were also low level and it was a lot more fun.
Chaosu
Profile Joined October 2005
Poland404 Posts
March 17 2012 19:41 GMT
#2424
cool indie bundle (but not the humble!)
http://www.indieroyale.com/
Please be patient.
sjon03
Profile Joined July 2009
United States231 Posts
March 17 2012 19:57 GMT
#2425
Did anyone else buy Cubemen? Its genre is real-time strategy mixed with tower defense. $3.99 right now on Steam.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 17 2012 23:42 GMT
#2426
I Just bought Anno2070 and all the cd keys are gone or something. Wtf is that all about...
I had a good night of sleep.
Pangolin
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1035 Posts
March 17 2012 23:54 GMT
#2427
On March 16 2012 19:10 bubO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2012 19:06 Shirolol wrote:
If anyone is looking for a great racing game then burnout paradise is cheap, I bought it and it's a lot of fun - there's a ton of awesome shit you can do all over the city and the variety of cars, BIKES (And even TOY CARS/BIKES!) is actually pretty damn good, much better than NFS for example where when you unlock a new car you just use that because it's just "better".

If you liked burnout takedown then you'll like paradise - it doesn't FAIL HARD like NFS2 did compared to NFS:U, it actually does the whole "town thing" well. Don't let that put you off!

And dungeon defenders is more than worth the price, amazing TD game with rpg elements - can even be played as a TPSRPG style game with a "dps" build. Some of the later stages/challenges are extremely tough on higher difficulties also, require a lot of knowledge and forethought to be able to complete them - running in blind will result in a very quick death. I think the style of gameplay will appeal to a lot of SC players, turret placement/choice is important depending on what you are going to encounter that level/wave/area etc. (I bought DD at full price and then ALL of the DLC when it was on sale a while ago, 100% worth it.)

On March 16 2012 18:54 bubO wrote:
Raging hard right now i bought Burnout Paradise when it was for 75% off. Now that i have time to play it it crashes every single time it loads......wtf....no wonder it was for 5 bucks


I am certain this is an issue on your end rather than the games as I have literally had 0 problems regarding crashing/errors or anything of the like, game has played flawlessly so far - maybe check some forums etc to try and fix your problem rather than complaining on a site that has nothing to do with the game?


Haha i tried apperently i am not the only one who has had crashes with the game. No one has solved the issue

Sadly this same thing happened to me. I looked on the steam support forums and tried all the solutions there and none of them worked for me. If you haven't checked it out it might be worth a try for you. Basically they said if you use Windows 7 you have to put the game in windows xp service pack 3 compatibility mode (by right clicking burnout paradise.exe and going to properties). Like I said it didn't work for me but a lot of people on the forums said it helped them.

Also it has problems with webcams, but I don't have a webcam so I didn't look into the fix for that issue.
It's easier not to.
Shirolol
Profile Joined April 2010
England504 Posts
March 18 2012 11:30 GMT
#2428
On March 16 2012 19:10 bubO wrote:

Haha i tried apperently i am not the only one who has had crashes with the game. No one has solved the issue


http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=68df480ad0a20ff8e944884460ed068b&t=2597716

Try those if you havn't already, and a handy tool to cut out intro movies/sound:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2598247
Korean Netizen wrote: My ears died from the static and the music and my eyes died from the depressing gameplay and bad observer.
nufcrulz
Profile Joined February 2010
Singapore934 Posts
March 18 2012 16:07 GMT
#2429
bought civ 5 at 9.99 a couple of days back and i've lost an entire weekend playing that game . it takes soo long to finish you dont even realize you've spent that much time in front of the computer. great fun though, haha
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
March 18 2012 17:10 GMT
#2430
On March 18 2012 08:42 Koshi wrote:
I Just bought Anno2070 and all the cd keys are gone or something. Wtf is that all about...


Really? I bought it yesterday and mine was fine. Considering these are digital purchases, it is kind of funny that they have run out of CD Keys.
Everyone needs a nemesis.
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-18 20:14:00
March 18 2012 20:13 GMT
#2431
On March 19 2012 02:10 lynx.oblige wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2012 08:42 Koshi wrote:
I Just bought Anno2070 and all the cd keys are gone or something. Wtf is that all about...


Really? I bought it yesterday and mine was fine. Considering these are digital purchases, it is kind of funny that they have run out of CD Keys.

I think the developers set a certain number of games they're willing to offer on sale. They kinda did the same thing with christmas thing, only certain number of games/coupons would come out of the coal, after they were used up you only got valve stuff. So they don't really run out of keys, the developers just don't want to sell that many keys for a lower price.
Mysticesper
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1183 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-19 02:49:06
March 19 2012 02:48 GMT
#2432
On March 19 2012 05:13 ThaZenith wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 02:10 lynx.oblige wrote:
On March 18 2012 08:42 Koshi wrote:
I Just bought Anno2070 and all the cd keys are gone or something. Wtf is that all about...


Really? I bought it yesterday and mine was fine. Considering these are digital purchases, it is kind of funny that they have run out of CD Keys.

I think the developers set a certain number of games they're willing to offer on sale. They kinda did the same thing with christmas thing, only certain number of games/coupons would come out of the coal, after they were used up you only got valve stuff. So they don't really run out of keys, the developers just don't want to sell that many keys for a lower price.


From their page:
Notice: We are currently out of keys for Anno 2070. If you purchase Anno 2070 this weekend, we will deliver your key on Monday, March 19th.


Keys are just analagous to stock in a retail store... It's seemingly unlimited in online distribution, but if demand is so high, then keys can run out.. and I'm sure it has to be in the many thousands of copies sold.
Pangolin
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1035 Posts
March 19 2012 04:24 GMT
#2433
I'm surprised so many people bought Anno 2070. I was under the impression that it was inferior in many ways to the previous Anno game, not to mention already being in a relatively niche genre. Plus even with the sale it's still $30.
It's easier not to.
HejaBVB
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany125 Posts
March 19 2012 04:39 GMT
#2434
Anno 2070 is really bad. If you like the game play 1404.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-19 13:32:29
March 19 2012 13:30 GMT
#2435
Well I pirated Anno 1404 and fell in love with the genre. 50€ is just too much to pay for a game so I pirated Anno 2070 as well, and did the campaign, and waited till there was a discount. The games are both ridiculously good. The pirated version of Anno 2070 is missing a lot of content as well. It is perfectly playable but I think if you like the game, 30€ is a fair deal.

I don't really see why Anno 2070 is worse than 1404 tbh. The fighting in 1404 was really dumb, I haven't played too 2070 much yet, as I only recently got my key and I am going to do the campaign again. But it seems like they fixed the combating to just nuking the shit out of your opponent .

Also, free new content and world events look pretty awesome.
I had a good night of sleep.
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
March 19 2012 13:47 GMT
#2436
On March 19 2012 13:39 HejaBVB wrote:
Anno 2070 is really bad. If you like the game play 1404.


1602 and 1503 are the only good Anno titles
Classysaurus
Profile Joined June 2010
United States78 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-19 16:49:10
March 19 2012 16:48 GMT
#2437
Does anyone remember when the last time Binding of Isaac was on sale? I'm trying to figure out the sale pattern on it to get it cheaper if I wait. Edit: Not to imply there is a pattern.

+ Show Spoiler +
I know it's only $5, but I'm currently unemployed, so when it comes to getting new games, I'm pretty cheap about it. 50% off means I can get a couple extra loaves of bread or boxes of pasta! And waiting for it to go on sale leaves the potenial $2.50-5.00 in my pocket until I decide to buy, so I can take the bus to any interviews I get. Or I'll just put it towards Diablo 3!
Take my hand. Take my whole life too.
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
March 19 2012 18:06 GMT
#2438
On March 20 2012 01:48 Classysaurus wrote:
Does anyone remember when the last time Binding of Isaac was on sale? I'm trying to figure out the sale pattern on it to get it cheaper if I wait. Edit: Not to imply there is a pattern.

+ Show Spoiler +
I know it's only $5, but I'm currently unemployed, so when it comes to getting new games, I'm pretty cheap about it. 50% off means I can get a couple extra loaves of bread or boxes of pasta! And waiting for it to go on sale leaves the potenial $2.50-5.00 in my pocket until I decide to buy, so I can take the bus to any interviews I get. Or I'll just put it towards Diablo 3!

End of April/early May is when the expansion is going to be released on Steam for $3. I assume that you'll be able to get the regular game on sale or a bundle of both for a good price.
Classysaurus
Profile Joined June 2010
United States78 Posts
March 19 2012 18:34 GMT
#2439
I was actually hoping for that to be the case. Guess that's the best thing to do! Thanks for the suggestion.
Take my hand. Take my whole life too.
VPCursed
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
1044 Posts
March 20 2012 22:53 GMT
#2440
omfg... shogun total war is $7.50 right now...
bought it.... dling now : )
Prev 1 120 121 122 123 124 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 783
actioN 681
BeSt 289
Killer 195
Mong 162
Dewaltoss 118
sorry 59
sSak 41
ZergMaN 36
Aegong 31
[ Show more ]
Bale 29
NotJumperer 24
yabsab 14
Noble 10
Counter-Strike
byalli680
Other Games
summit1g9749
olofmeister984
Happy284
crisheroes190
Sick169
KnowMe100
Pyrionflax83
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick753
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos916
• Stunt453
Other Games
• WagamamaTV108
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 3m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2h 3m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 3m
Replay Cast
14h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 2h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.