• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:33
CEST 20:33
KST 03:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8679 users

Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 3

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 22 23 24 Next All
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
February 10 2011 00:26 GMT
#41
This is coming out in a month or so? Seems really poor timing, with MvC3 basically being the most hyped fighter release since...ever? I agree with Jibba, too; MK used to be cool because there was no other game that pushed the envelope like that, and the fatalities were actually original and difficult to pull off. Nowadays, everyone is a pro, and has seen at least 2 of the Saw movies. The fighting element of the game was always stale compared to Capcom and the franchise doesn't really impress me anymore.

Oh wait, what was the question? Will I buy it? Obviously.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
snafulator
Profile Joined January 2011
Antigua/Barbuda72 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-10 00:28:53
February 10 2011 00:28 GMT
#42
^
april

still.. very shitty timing.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
February 10 2011 00:32 GMT
#43
I think April is when the BlazBlue CS2 DLC is coming out too. Welcome back to the 2D market!
We found Dove in a soapless place.
annYeong(o11)
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada784 Posts
February 10 2011 00:35 GMT
#44
I've been hyped for this game for the longest time, my roomates have always been big fighting game fans and they got me into it. We bought a NES/SNES combo machine and played MK1 for awhile until we got really, really good at it, after that we bought MK2 and played that game to death. We spent at least a solid week just playing it every chance we had. Raiden, Scorpion, and Liu Kang were our three favourites, I played the Kangster, mostly because we played them in MK1. Soon we branched out to other characters, the team match set up (L+R+Select on the menu screen) and developed a drinking game.

So yeah, we're all pretty jacked for MK9
Founder of the KiWiKaKi Fanclub: teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=188537 my keyboard is like half broken. like terran. please ignore typos, thanks
dkim
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States255 Posts
February 10 2011 00:43 GMT
#45
holy shit, kung lao's saw + feet drag fatality move is badass
RyanRushia
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2748 Posts
February 10 2011 01:04 GMT
#46
i love the mortal kombat series.... pretty pumped to see this! will most certianly buy
I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free. | coL.Ryan | www.twitter.com/coL_RyanR
Half
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2554 Posts
February 10 2011 02:08 GMT
#47
The original MK games were on the PC too . Any news if this is being ported over?
Too Busy to Troll!
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
February 10 2011 02:14 GMT
#48
I have been a fan of the older MK games. I like MK2 the best. The little kid in me is excited to see how cool this game really is.
SpoR
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1542 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-10 02:47:13
February 10 2011 02:37 GMT
#49
Yo there have been like 10 threads on MK9 in the past year plus. Your op is kinda weak but whatever.

This game is definitely going to be more tailored towards competitive balance and 'esports' style fighting game. A long time ago Ed Boon or whoever said that he didn't care about all that shit. But now that he sees the successes with FPS Games on both console and PC, RTS games, and fighting games in arcades/consoles he decided to get on the bandwagon. I have to say it looks really really good so far. It feels like the sequel we always wanted after UMK3 Back in the late 90s. Every MK game since then has been garbage imho, I never even cared about them at all.

I really expect this game to make it into EVO and gain a following. And I hope it's good enough to keep returning year after year like older Fighting games.

Only gripe I have with the game, that I've always had with MK games though. The stupid block button. Can you cross up when they are holding block? Or do the have to let go and press it again to block the other way?
A man is what he thinks about all day long.
razboi
Profile Joined September 2010
United States67 Posts
February 14 2011 03:30 GMT
#50
On February 10 2011 11:37 SpoR wrote:
Yo there have been like 10 threads on MK9 in the past year plus. Your op is kinda weak but whatever.

This game is definitely going to be more tailored towards competitive balance and 'esports' style fighting game. A long time ago Ed Boon or whoever said that he didn't care about all that shit. But now that he sees the successes with FPS Games on both console and PC, RTS games, and fighting games in arcades/consoles he decided to get on the bandwagon. I have to say it looks really really good so far. It feels like the sequel we always wanted after UMK3 Back in the late 90s. Every MK game since then has been garbage imho, I never even cared about them at all.

I really expect this game to make it into EVO and gain a following. And I hope it's good enough to keep returning year after year like older Fighting games.

Only gripe I have with the game, that I've always had with MK games though. The stupid block button. Can you cross up when they are holding block? Or do the have to let go and press it again to block the other way?


Yup, it made it to evo this year. And I think this year is break or make for this game to return to evo next year. I also hate the block button, and yes your right you have to let go and press again to block the other way.
SpoR
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1542 Posts
February 16 2011 21:58 GMT
#51
http://shoryuken.com/content/noob-saibot-returns-mortal-kombat-3631/

Noob saibot announced
A man is what he thinks about all day long.
Playguuu
Profile Joined April 2010
United States926 Posts
February 16 2011 22:18 GMT
#52
Was never a fan of the series. Something about reusing the same character, slapping a different color and gimmick on him, just isn't that appealing to me.
I used to be just like you, then I took a sweetroll to the knee.
Shinobi1982
Profile Joined January 2011
1605 Posts
February 16 2011 22:37 GMT
#53
On February 17 2011 06:58 SpoR wrote:
http://shoryuken.com/content/noob-saibot-returns-mortal-kombat-3631/

Noob saibot announced

Pure awesomeness, best MK character by far :D. He was introduced from MK3 and on right? Damn those were good days, arcade MK2-3.
Train like an animal, eat like a horse, sleep like a baby, grow like a weed.
slappy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1271 Posts
February 16 2011 22:49 GMT
#54
On February 10 2011 05:08 Jibba wrote:
Maybe it's just aging or the internet, but I think it's pretty stupid now, especially since those aren't very creative.

MK had a particular time and place in the 90s, and it feels like they're trying to relive that but it's not working for me.


that's how I felt about street fighter 4... I still play sf2t...
jaedong imba
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
February 16 2011 22:52 GMT
#55
This game is going to be the best fighter out in my opinion. Unfortunately its not out on pc YET.
When it comes on pc I will buy.
Kill the Deathball
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
February 16 2011 23:02 GMT
#56
I'm pretty sure that MK was the first game I played. Love every one that comes out.
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
IceCube
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Croatia1403 Posts
February 16 2011 23:19 GMT
#57
On February 10 2011 08:21 zobz wrote:
I don't really understand what's entertaining about gratuitous violence for its own sake, and this game certainly brings it to new levels. Alot of it even seems to eerily mix in elements of sex. One of the chick characters stabs a guy and then black widows him and eats his face? Venom puking acid into a chick's mouth? It's as bad as that god damned human centipede movie.

You sir made me lol.

But I guess your right about all you've said...if you want to look at it that way. But it's just a game and I sure hope it will be kickass game.
Forever Vulture.. :(
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
February 17 2011 22:57 GMT
#58
On February 10 2011 11:08 Half wrote:
The original MK games were on the PC too . Any news if this is being ported over?

I read somewhere that they are considering porting it just like streetfighter, but thats not anywhere near a guarantee. We can only hope! I would love to play this on my pc with my 360 controller. I'm not gonna buy an xbox for it.
Kill the Deathball
PizzaParty
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada169 Posts
March 18 2011 04:04 GMT
#59
First of all I have to say I'm not a big fighter game fan. I enjoy playing SF4 at my friend's place with my buddies, but I'm definitely not the type who plays online, knows all the combos and knows how to do "dash-cancel" stuff. The only fighting game I ever bought in my entire life is SoulCalibur4 when I got my PS3, just to have a game I could play with my friends.

A long ago with the same buddies from above we bought SF2HDRemix and MK2 on psn, and we realized how much better SF was compared to MK. All the characters in MK are the same except for the special move and the combat is slow, while SF has so much diversity and the combat is at perfect pace.

With that said, I downloaded the ps3 version of the MK9 demo that just came out and tried it...
oh. my. god.

The game is AMAZING. You can only play as Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Mileena and Jonnhy Cage in the demo, but it's still a LOT of fun. Every character has a unique move set, the controls are perfect and the moves are easy to do. Perhaps SFIV pros will say it is too easy, but for casual people it is perfect imho.

I wouldn't of thought I would of bought it but now I'm seriously considering it !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojMkw6lZ-PY
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51693 Posts
March 18 2011 04:07 GMT
#60
played the demo as well, love how they have totally gone back to the roots of the original (2d, d-pad simple moves, no stupid fighting style switching)
Commentator
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 22 23 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM786
TKL 324
TaKeTV 320
IndyStarCraft 212
BRAT_OK 114
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 786
TKL 324
IndyStarCraft 212
MaxPax 175
BRAT_OK 114
UpATreeSC 90
EmSc Tv 19
MindelVK 18
JuggernautJason13
Nathanias 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 714
ggaemo 176
White-Ra 130
firebathero 122
910 56
Barracks 52
Hyun 36
Trap 29
Bale 25
Killer 24
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 21
Shine 15
soO 14
yabsab 8
Dota 2
qojqva4095
Counter-Strike
Fnx 765
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6929
crisheroes1742
Liquid`Hasu1544
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi3641
singsing1764
Beastyqt768
ceh9653
B2W.Neo527
ArmadaUGS161
C9.Mang0154
KnowMe90
Trikslyr53
Dewaltoss44
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream432
Other Games
BasetradeTV213
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 19
EmSc2Tv 19
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 84
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 17
• FirePhoenix15
• Azhi_Dahaki2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2070
• TFBlade702
Other Games
• Shiphtur269
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 27m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 27m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.