• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:48
CEST 19:48
KST 02:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6566 users

Mortal Kombat 9

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 22 23 24 Next All
clayn
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany444 Posts
February 09 2011 19:08 GMT
#1
So as I couldn't find a thread about Mortal Kombat 9 i thought i could open one .
Will you buy the game? I guess I'll give it a try. The new Fatality moves are kickass and the graphic overall looks quite nice.
12 Fatalities (maybe NSFW)
Gameplay

I gonna get it for my Xbox 360
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
February 09 2011 19:14 GMT
#2
I can't wait till this gets out, the first game I bought myself was MK1 and the last MK I played was MK3, both for genesis, always loved the hell out of those games, they where the only beat em up games I've played, never was a big fan of Street fighter :p

this game will make me finally turn my ps3 on again (since GoW3)
I guess I'm a sucker for violence
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
snafulator
Profile Joined January 2011
Antigua/Barbuda72 Posts
February 09 2011 19:27 GMT
#3
i hope it supports 1080p like MvsC3 or i cry -_-
im getting this 99% if its 1080p 100%
stk01001
Profile Joined September 2007
United States786 Posts
February 09 2011 19:27 GMT
#4
looks pretty sweet.. fatalaties look amazingly gory.. it's funny how the original MK for genesis used to be controversial because it was too "violent" (I remember the SNES version had like no blood at all).. and this game makes the original MK look like pokemon in terms of violence.. so glad that violence isn't a big deal anymore.. that kung lao fatatility is amazing lol.. god if I had games like this back when I was a youngin..

the actual fighting engine/combos actually look pretty sweet too.. .although I'm probably going to stick with SFIV myself definately would like to give this game a try..
a.k.a reLapSe ---
suxN
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
Finland1167 Posts
February 09 2011 19:29 GMT
#5
Looks like real fun, i wonder if this game can ever compete with streetfighter/soulcalibur/tekken.

I hope they bring back animality finishing moves

Weirdly enough i dont see kane on the character list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_(2011_video_game) :S
I dont want to be totally out :3
vek
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia936 Posts
February 09 2011 19:30 GMT
#6
Needs more blood...

Other than that it'll be great to play MK again. I haven't played any games in the series since MK4. How on earth is it up to 9.
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
February 09 2011 19:36 GMT
#7
ahh brings back memories.. but yeah lets see how this turns out
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
Spidinko
Profile Joined May 2010
Slovakia1174 Posts
February 09 2011 19:37 GMT
#8
Hope they make it for PC, too. I heard they were discussing it.
Kralic
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada2628 Posts
February 09 2011 19:38 GMT
#9
Mortal Kombat hasn't been fun since 1, 2 and 3. Hopefully this one changes that.
Brood War forever!
suxN
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
Finland1167 Posts
February 09 2011 19:44 GMT
#10
Hmm, reptile isnt as charismatic as before :/ I hope rayden will look like senile old fart, always hated his sounds.

I hope goro will be similiar to zangief (no fireballs or other bullshit, just extra muscle)
I dont want to be totally out :3
Vlanitak
Profile Joined November 2009
Norway3045 Posts
February 09 2011 20:01 GMT
#11
oh hai Sub-zero, ready to beat up scorpion again in epic 1v1 fatalities? looking forward to this. Tekken 6 isn't really that fun when I heard this was coming.
washed
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-09 20:08:23
February 09 2011 20:08 GMT
#12
Maybe it's just aging or the internet, but I think it's pretty stupid now, especially since those aren't very creative.

MK had a particular time and place in the 90s, and it feels like they're trying to relive that but it's not working for me.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
troll_21
Profile Joined December 2010
United States4 Posts
February 09 2011 20:14 GMT
#13
On February 10 2011 05:08 Jibba wrote:
Maybe it's just aging or the internet, but I think it's pretty stupid now, especially since those aren't very creative.

MK had a particular time and place in the 90s, and it feels like they're trying to relive that but it's not working for me.


Yup. You're getting old!!! I'm 29 and I can't wait for this shit. My wife and I are actually gonna rent a 3D setup and throw a party.The problem is gonna be telling people they are too drunk to play with the glasses on lol.
ReTr0[p.S]
Profile Joined March 2005
Argentina1590 Posts
February 09 2011 20:27 GMT
#14
I Love the fact that they have gone back to the original characters and no new shit like in MK4 and above:

Baraka
Cyrax
Ermac
Goro
Jade
Jax
Johnny Cage
Kitana
Kung Lao
Liu Kang
Mileena
Nightwolf
Raiden
Reptile
Scorpion
Sektor
Shao Kahn
Sindel
Sonya Blade
Stryker
Sub-Zero
br0fivE
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada349 Posts
February 09 2011 20:27 GMT
#15
MK was always my favorite game, and its about time they remade it listening to the fans on what they want

Blood and fatalities are good, but they dont make or break the game.
They've gone and remade mk into 2D which is huge! Hoping for a stacked roster like they had in there final xbox (classic) version.

Jibba, u must be old lol or just never loved the game
Arhkangel
Profile Joined August 2007
Argentina769 Posts
February 09 2011 20:28 GMT
#16
MK 9 is going to be huge specially outside of the US. It seems Latin people are obsessed with the game. I remember being, what, 5? at the time and my dad use to go to the rental store and put the new MK titles on hold and play them with me non stop. We even paid overcharge of weeks over the MK titles.

My dad being the same person that didn't let me play SF or watch violent cartoons, but MK was like, this is too awesome for me to not let you play.

I believe they are making this game competitive and fun. Grindhouse style violence with balanced characters and mechanics is going to be epic.

I'm ordering the special edition that comes with a MK lay-out arcade stick and God, please, no more retarded infinites Please?
Part Time Ninja
Incognitodies
Profile Joined April 2008
United Kingdom184 Posts
February 09 2011 20:29 GMT
#17
On February 10 2011 04:38 Kralic wrote:
Mortal Kombat hasn't been fun since 1, 2 and 3. Hopefully this one changes that.

This is pretty much what everyone says every time a new mortal kombat is announced, and it's true. Meaning that I very much doubt that this has any chance of being much different. Ok, fatalities are nice and pretty funny and all that but it's the actual GAMEPLAY that keeps me remembering and coming back to a game. I really don't understand how they consistently manage to make the gameplay so inferior to just about any rival franchise out there... fatalities and gore are funny stuff and all, but I want them to be the cherry on top not the main reason to play the game.
HunterX11
Profile Joined March 2009
United States1048 Posts
February 09 2011 20:33 GMT
#18
I honestly didn't even know there were MK 4-8. I mean I suppose it makes sense, but it's strange how invisible the series has become compared to other fighting games.
Try using both Irradiate and Defensive Matrix on an Overlord. It looks pretty neat.
Crushgroove
Profile Joined July 2010
United States793 Posts
February 09 2011 20:38 GMT
#19
MK9 has been heralded for about a year as the best MK of all time, and I prefer MK to all other fighters, so I'm looking forward to this.
[In Korea on Vaca] "Why would I go to the park and climb a mountain? There are video games on f*cking TV!" - Kazuke
LastWish
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
2015 Posts
February 09 2011 20:49 GMT
#20
Wow, I did play MK when I was young for a bit ... but the last one I remember was MK4.
Did I fall asleep?
- It's all just treason - They bring me down with their lies - Don't know the reason - My life is fire and ice -
1 2 3 4 5 22 23 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM753
TKL 322
TaKeTV 255
IndyStarCraft 190
BRAT_OK 110
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 753
TKL 322
IndyStarCraft 190
MaxPax 162
ProTech138
BRAT_OK 110
UpATreeSC 86
MindelVK 19
EmSc Tv 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 909
EffOrt 561
Mini 529
ggaemo 177
firebathero 150
White-Ra 69
Barracks 57
910 50
Hyun 50
Shinee 45
[ Show more ]
Shine 35
Bale 26
Killer 25
Trap 22
ToSsGirL 18
soO 15
yabsab 12
Dota 2
qojqva4036
Counter-Strike
Fnx 746
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4734
crisheroes1339
Liquid`Hasu1144
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2558
singsing1670
B2W.Neo840
ceh9656
Beastyqt598
ArmadaUGS141
C9.Mang0116
Dewaltoss46
Trikslyr44
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream470
Other Games
BasetradeTV171
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 19
EmSc2Tv 19
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile115
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2447
• TFBlade824
Other Games
• Shiphtur266
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 12m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.