• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:33
CEST 20:33
KST 03:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8715 users

Mortal Kombat 9 - Page 23

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 Next All
pyro19
Profile Joined August 2010
6575 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-15 10:19:01
June 15 2011 10:18 GMT
#441
On June 15 2011 06:39 Madkipz wrote:
I like the game but my friends are quickly making a mockery out of my subzero and stryker. Before i could abuse range and do chip damage and smalltime comboes to throw them enough off their game but now their rushdown characters just pwn my face and i cant for the life of me learn these 60% comboes T_T

guess thats what i get for not playing a single arcade game ever in my life except tekken and i did alot of lame stuff in that game too xD.


I Feel your Pain man..It"s the same situation with me..The only Fighting game i played before was tekken 3 And only played Bryan and Hwoarang in it...But knew all their combos...But now...My Sub Zero gets absolutely Raped everywhere by In your face brawlers.
Thy Shall Die Alone...or emm..something like that.
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
June 19 2011 06:59 GMT
#442
On June 15 2011 19:18 pyro19 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2011 06:39 Madkipz wrote:
I like the game but my friends are quickly making a mockery out of my subzero and stryker. Before i could abuse range and do chip damage and smalltime comboes to throw them enough off their game but now their rushdown characters just pwn my face and i cant for the life of me learn these 60% comboes T_T

guess thats what i get for not playing a single arcade game ever in my life except tekken and i did alot of lame stuff in that game too xD.


I Feel your Pain man..It"s the same situation with me..The only Fighting game i played before was tekken 3 And only played Bryan and Hwoarang in it...But knew all their combos...But now...My Sub Zero gets absolutely Raped everywhere by In your face brawlers.


Yeah, its hard to master it, but it just takes practice. I know it sounds stupid, but i play reptile and my friend played subzero. At first I would rush him down and it was a piece of cake, but hes gotten better and better at staying away. Hes got a great clone game, which is insanely key. Don't slide much at all and get your clone game on. Ending short combos with clone is excellent since it throws you away after you chipped a bit and gives you an ice wall you can be safe behind right away. Completely safe. Also throw in some refreezes from time to time.
Kill the Deathball
woody60707
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1863 Posts
June 21 2011 04:11 GMT
#443
So can someone explain to me why the tag matchmaking system feels broken. We just got the game a few days ago. My first few games were all vs people of the same skill level. They were all fun games. Now all I'm playing are people 500 and 70ish (we are 6 and 56).

Are we just having bad luck matching, or does the system not care about rank in the matchmaking?
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
June 22 2011 08:21 GMT
#444
I am so fucking excited for Rain. Rain and Ermac have been my favorites forever.
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Raisauce
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada864 Posts
June 22 2011 15:13 GMT
#445
I'm finally going to buy this game after playing at my friend's house over a dozen times. I don't know which system to get this for. I know ps3 comes with Kratos but I hear he's not that great and also PSN lags a ton. Is it any better on xbox in terms of controls/latency?
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
June 22 2011 20:37 GMT
#446
On June 23 2011 00:13 Raisauce wrote:
I'm finally going to buy this game after playing at my friend's house over a dozen times. I don't know which system to get this for. I know ps3 comes with Kratos but I hear he's not that great and also PSN lags a ton. Is it any better on xbox in terms of controls/latency?


I've never played on PSN so I can't talk about the latency, but the xbox d-pad makes me want to strangle everyone I know when I'm playing this game.
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
June 23 2011 02:17 GMT
#447
has anybody picked up scarlet yet by any chance?

i have a feeling im gonna be so free if i ever meet a DHC character in tournament (jill/shuma/ and now scarlet)
Forever Young
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
June 25 2011 12:47 GMT
#448
On June 23 2011 05:37 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2011 00:13 Raisauce wrote:
I'm finally going to buy this game after playing at my friend's house over a dozen times. I don't know which system to get this for. I know ps3 comes with Kratos but I hear he's not that great and also PSN lags a ton. Is it any better on xbox in terms of controls/latency?


I've never played on PSN so I can't talk about the latency, but the xbox d-pad makes me want to strangle everyone I know when I'm playing this game.


ps3 online works but recently its been desyncing sometimes. But whenever I play it works fine. I would assume that nrs is at work trying to make online better.

Also if ur going to use a controller then ps3 might be ur only choice since the 360 dpad is known to be the worst thing to use for fighters.

But honestly id get it for whatever system ur friend has it for. I heard there was a special xbox controler with a dpad specifically for fighters so xbox isnt thaaat bad of an option for controller players if that controller is any good.
Kill the Deathball
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
June 28 2011 09:59 GMT
#449


For those who haven't seen it yet :D
Kill the Deathball
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
June 28 2011 11:19 GMT
#450
holy shit that's so cool

i dont have any consoles
And all is illuminated.
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
June 28 2011 12:27 GMT
#451
yo daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum kenshi looks like hot shit

a dlc char. actually worth getting
Forever Young
Leviance
Profile Joined November 2009
Germany4079 Posts
June 28 2011 13:08 GMT
#452
When are they planning to release Kenshi?
"Blizzard is never gonna nerf Terran because of those American and European fuck" - Korean Netizen
Technique
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands1542 Posts
June 28 2011 13:19 GMT
#453
Will this be released with a arcade stick combo perhaps?
If you think you're good, you suck. If you think you suck, you're getting better.
Leviance
Profile Joined November 2009
Germany4079 Posts
July 12 2011 01:27 GMT
#454
Rain gameplay video is out! Looks nice:

"Blizzard is never gonna nerf Terran because of those American and European fuck" - Korean Netizen
Alabasern
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4005 Posts
July 12 2011 01:52 GMT
#455
TeamLiquid is a perfect place to reveal Rain.

Pow pow pow splash!
Support your esport!
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
July 12 2011 05:37 GMT
#456
yeah Rain looks amazing. He's going to me by my second character after Reptile.
Kill the Deathball
PizzaParty
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada169 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-17 03:21:09
July 17 2011 03:18 GMT
#457
Haven't played in a while, and when I tried to play my PS3 tells me I need to install patch 1.03. When I do, my PS3 simply resets. If I try to play MK9 again, the same cycle repeats. As this happened to anyone ?

EDIT: Nevermind, I kept trying a few times more and started working.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojMkw6lZ-PY
pullarius1
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States523 Posts
July 21 2011 22:36 GMT
#458
Haha Freddy Kreuger as the next DLC character for MK9

@pullarius1
Shatter
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1401 Posts
July 21 2011 22:50 GMT
#459
On July 22 2011 07:36 pullarius1 wrote:
Haha Freddy Kreuger as the next DLC character for MK9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaSBkBDcepM&feature=player_embedded

He's a good fit in MK for a guest character. I know some people might have a fit about his inclusion but I really only care if he is fun to play or not. He seems pretty cool judging by the trailer.
Xevious
Profile Joined February 2011
United States2086 Posts
July 24 2011 20:14 GMT
#460
Free koins in the krypt ^_^
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM786
TKL 324
TaKeTV 320
IndyStarCraft 212
BRAT_OK 114
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 786
TKL 324
IndyStarCraft 212
MaxPax 175
BRAT_OK 114
UpATreeSC 90
EmSc Tv 19
MindelVK 18
JuggernautJason13
Nathanias 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 714
ggaemo 176
White-Ra 130
firebathero 122
910 56
Barracks 52
Hyun 36
Trap 29
Bale 25
Killer 24
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 21
Shine 15
soO 14
yabsab 8
Dota 2
qojqva4095
Counter-Strike
Fnx 765
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6929
crisheroes1742
Liquid`Hasu1544
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi3641
singsing1764
Beastyqt768
ceh9653
B2W.Neo527
ArmadaUGS161
C9.Mang0154
KnowMe90
Trikslyr53
Dewaltoss44
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream432
Other Games
BasetradeTV213
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 19
EmSc2Tv 19
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 84
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 17
• FirePhoenix15
• Azhi_Dahaki2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2070
• TFBlade702
Other Games
• Shiphtur269
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 27m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 27m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.