• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:21
CEST 08:21
KST 15:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10566 users

Battlefield 3 - Page 151

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 149 150 151 152 153 491 Next
FoeHamr
Profile Joined December 2010
United States489 Posts
October 01 2011 02:30 GMT
#3001
So I posted a few pages ago saying I had played a few games. Well I played for a few hours and I've decided that its not the shooter for me for a few reasons.
1) The game play is so slow and the map feels dead due to lack of people - I'm playing on the 360 because my PC can't run it.
2) I also don't like how the DICE engine feels to be honest. I can't really explain why, but I think the CoD engines feels better. This one is better than the games running DICE in the past but its still not good.
3) I feel like the game in general discourages a run-and-gun style of play and encourages camping. I love to run-and-gun and the game so far just doesn't let me do that and succeed.

However I do have some nice things to say as well. The graphics are simply incredible and the models are amazing. I enjoy how fluid the gun moves and seamlessly vault over things. Its a very pretty game and no one can deny that. However, I do not feel that it makes up for the slow game play that the game is based around. I bet this game would be amazing on a PC with 64 people not 24...stupid consoles and sucking.
Percutio
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1672 Posts
October 01 2011 02:37 GMT
#3002
Caspian was great, Metro has kind of bad balance. First stage is good, second stage is a little tough, third stage is a nightmare, and fourth stage is a nightmare.

The first part is pretty equal for attackers and defenders. The second is also like that if the attackers don't get stuck in the beginning entrances. The third stage is way too hard for attackers, and the final stage is really easy for attackers.

Beyond that the hit detection is okish if you can find a server with 40 ping or lower...
Even then it has that bf/moh delay. People tend to die with a delay from you hitting them and you tend to get hit quite a bit after you've taken cover.

Additionally some of the rocks don't really protect you at their edges and it feels like your head sticks out a lot farther than it should. I'm not sure if it's just good realism with the size of the head compared to your field of view or if it is cover related, or simply the fact that crouching and going prone tend to push you up a little higher on some of the terrain artifacts.

Still I can say that even though I have some connectivity issues and graphic display issues I'm hooked.
What does it matter how I loose it?
OmyVi
Profile Joined February 2011
United States137 Posts
October 01 2011 02:38 GMT
#3003
Beta so far is pretty awesome.. is it not possible to change the graphic settings ???
| IdrA | DRG | Ret |
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-01 02:44:14
October 01 2011 02:42 GMT
#3004
On October 01 2011 11:30 FoeHamr wrote:
So I posted a few pages ago saying I had played a few games. Well I played for a few hours and I've decided that its not the shooter for me for a few reasons.
1) The game play is so slow and the map feels dead due to lack of people - I'm playing on the 360 because my PC can't run it.
2) I also don't like how the DICE engine feels to be honest. I can't really explain why, but I think the CoD engines feels better. This one is better than the games running DICE in the past but its still not good.
3) I feel like the game in general discourages a run-and-gun style of play and encourages camping. I love to run-and-gun and the game so far just doesn't let me do that and succeed.

However I do have some nice things to say as well. The graphics are simply incredible and the models are amazing. I enjoy how fluid the gun moves and seamlessly vault over things. Its a very pretty game and no one can deny that. However, I do not feel that it makes up for the slow game play that the game is based around. I bet this game would be amazing on a PC with 64 people not 24...stupid consoles and sucking.

Herp it's bf not cod, cod is like cs it's a run n gun style which isn't a team work style, bf relies on ppl playing their roles, it's more about conquering it's not a deathmatch kind of game even in rush. The problem of rush is people don't play as a group or as a squad even, you need healers and revives along with ppl setting down ammo and staying alive so more ppl can spawn on you so you can hold a position or push into it. I mean you call it camping but rush is defend a position or attack it not a death match. Even conquer is somewhat like that except it's king of the hill in control points more control points you have the more ppl lose when they die, except unlike cod there are tanks,jets,jeeps et al. and the map is huge.

It's not really an engine it's a play style =p also it's not DICE engine it's Frostbite 2 engine just like the latest COD's is Infinity Ward's engine. BF is just more of a pc game because it needs the large number of people to fill the large maps and still play as a team while controlling all the points.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
October 01 2011 02:44 GMT
#3005
On October 01 2011 11:38 OmyVi wrote:
Beta so far is pretty awesome.. is it not possible to change the graphic settings ???


When the game starts and you spawn press escape to edit it.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Assault_1
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1950 Posts
October 01 2011 03:18 GMT
#3006
I'm having weird lag problems.. when I move the mouse around rly fast it seems to queue the events, then execute them over a longer time period (like twice as long), so the screen is still moving after I stop. I have a q6600/4gb ram/windows 7/gtx 560ti, and I've tried putting it at lowest settings and still get the problem. What's more weirder is when I change from med/high to low, I don't get much fps increase.. it's still around 60-80
I can see in task manager my cpu is near 100%, but idk what to make of that.

Any ideas?
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
October 01 2011 03:51 GMT
#3007
On October 01 2011 11:24 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2011 11:23 RoosterSamurai wrote:
On October 01 2011 11:02 PHILtheTANK wrote:
On October 01 2011 11:01 Torte de Lini wrote:
On October 01 2011 10:10 Fanov wrote:
lol @ ''this is a beta''

This is a glorified demo, nothing else.


You don't know anything about testing do you?


Testing what? its one map in only one game mode. Its not an actual beta(see: DoTA2) its a publicity stunt, to try and get people excited to buy it instead of MW3.

It's been out for 2 days =/ You're not very patient, are you?


he's just throwing a tantrum I think

Same shit nerds always throw at beta games, always a few morons who get super salty at stuff like this.

To those complaining about the engine... It's DICE, what do you expect? Call of Duty is based off of *the most godly* engine iD Tech 3 (quake 3 engine) with complete graphic overhauls. That said, Frostbite 2 is I think the most stable engine they've produced this early on in it's development cycle. (If you played the BC2 or BF2142 betas you'll remember what an abysmal failure the games were at that point in time)
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
October 01 2011 03:54 GMT
#3008
Wait until retail before judging the game and even then, continuous patches will continue to improve this game.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-01 04:01:35
October 01 2011 04:00 GMT
#3009
On October 01 2011 12:54 Torte de Lini wrote:
Wait until retail before judging the game and even then, continuous patches will continue to improve this game.

Still don't know why the left the open beta to be rush only, conquest is what most people play, rush gives ppl bad taste in their mouth if they are on a team filled with snipers. Also engineers are so blue balled unable to repair tanks and lay mines for them et al.
Phaded
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia579 Posts
October 01 2011 04:07 GMT
#3010
On October 01 2011 11:37 Percutio wrote:

Additionally some of the rocks don't really protect you at their edges and it feels like your head sticks out a lot farther than it should. I'm not sure if it's just good realism with the size of the head compared to your field of view or if it is cover related, or simply the fact that crouching and going prone tend to push you up a little higher on some of the terrain artifacts.

Rocks don't seem to provide you any protection at all.

You can shoot right through the middle of a big great boulder and kill someone on the other side fairly easily if he's marked
I am down but I am far from over
Goldfish
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-01 04:19:41
October 01 2011 04:18 GMT
#3011
On October 01 2011 13:00 semantics wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2011 12:54 Torte de Lini wrote:
Wait until retail before judging the game and even then, continuous patches will continue to improve this game.

Still don't know why the left the open beta to be rush only, conquest is what most people play, rush gives ppl bad taste in their mouth if they are on a team filled with snipers. Also engineers are so blue balled unable to repair tanks and lay mines for them et al.


Agreed. If they really want to impress or try to get people away from CoD, have vehicle + conquest maps. (I noticed BF3 on the PS3 store. No trace of trace of MW3)

But yeah it really does seem like a true beta (for testing).

Hmm hopefully they'll get things together for release.

Finally (to someone who wondered) they do have good support for their games. They kept patching BF2 and BF2142 for at least 3 years after release (though some of the patches were slow in between releases, they still cared enough to patch most issues eventually).
https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsServerFeedback/feedback/details/741495/biggest-explorer-annoyance-automatic-sorting-windows-7-server-2008-r2-and-vista#details Allow Disable Auto Arrange in Windows 7+
RaLakedaimon
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1564 Posts
October 01 2011 04:41 GMT
#3012
I only have one friend on Battlelog so add me guys, feeling lonely lol. My name on there is same as on here: RaLakedaimon.
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-01 05:07:25
October 01 2011 05:06 GMT
#3013
Shame they can't have a titan mode like there was in 2142 i really liked that mode as there as no spawn camping just flat out take control of points and try to blow up titan.

Also removed stat padding haha can only revive a person once XD
crazeman
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
664 Posts
October 01 2011 05:10 GMT
#3014
On October 01 2011 11:44 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2011 11:38 OmyVi wrote:
Beta so far is pretty awesome.. is it not possible to change the graphic settings ???


When the game starts and you spawn press escape to edit it.


I know it's a beta but the graphics options is so badly designed. When I first opened the game it was in windows mode... and the only way to get to the graphics setting was to get in game, join a team and spawn. Every time I spawned I would get sniped within a few seconds, and when you die, it immediately brings you to the death cam and out of the graphics option menu. Honestly changing the graphics option shouldn't be this hard/annoying.

Honestly upon my first 30 minutes of playing, I'm kinda disappointed with the game. In the game that I played, everyone is literally camped in bushes in prone position. There's like 0 chance for me to see them. I played Bad Company 2 for the first time about 2 months ago and I feel like that I can at least SEE the enemy for the most part but in BF3 I literally can't see squat.

Probably going to give it another chance later but right now I'm pretty disappointed and I'm glad that I didn't preorder the game yet. Hopefully they will release a conquest map soon.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
October 01 2011 05:13 GMT
#3015
That last point makes no sense, why give the enemy high-ground + open spawn area for the defenders.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
DragoonPK
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
3259 Posts
October 01 2011 05:18 GMT
#3016
On September 30 2011 20:42 DragoonPK wrote:
Is there an option to get the game rendering at DX9 than DX11? I think it will cause a major boost in performance.

?
soullogik
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1171 Posts
October 01 2011 05:24 GMT
#3017
On October 01 2011 11:30 FoeHamr wrote:
So I posted a few pages ago saying I had played a few games. Well I played for a few hours and I've decided that its not the shooter for me for a few reasons.
1) The game play is so slow and the map feels dead due to lack of people - I'm playing on the 360 because my PC can't run it.
2) I also don't like how the DICE engine feels to be honest. I can't really explain why, but I think the CoD engines feels better. This one is better than the games running DICE in the past but its still not good.
3) I feel like the game in general discourages a run-and-gun style of play and encourages camping. I love to run-and-gun and the game so far just doesn't let me do that and succeed.

However I do have some nice things to say as well. The graphics are simply incredible and the models are amazing. I enjoy how fluid the gun moves and seamlessly vault over things. Its a very pretty game and no one can deny that. However, I do not feel that it makes up for the slow game play that the game is based around. I bet this game would be amazing on a PC with 64 people not 24...stupid consoles and sucking.


camping on a defend-a-point map?

how could dice allow this.....
young ho
XerrolAvengerII
Profile Joined January 2010
United States510 Posts
October 01 2011 05:54 GMT
#3018
At this point, my biggest gripe stems from the fact that it is a BETA release...
I am using the 280 Nvidia driver (and this is what i was using before i installed bf3)
When i boot up the game, it tells me to get one of the 285 experimental drivers...

I didn't for the first little bit, but after about an hour of fussing with the game I decided that "35% performance increase" was a good enough reason to try these mystery experimental dru- i mean drivers...

Surprisingly, after updateing to the 285 drivers my framerate literally was cut in half... so much for optimisation...

Now after downgrading back to the 280 drivers my framerate is smooth (except sighting in long distances QQ) and Now I only have to put up with the frequent game engine crash every 30 minutes or so...

This is partially my fault because i am running the game in a non-existent 1066 x 600 resolution because its like pumping steroids into my framerate... unfortunatly this also causes the game to misread my refresh rate as 59Hz instead of 60Hz and I'm sure it is causing some stability with the unsupported 280 drivers... Dayum.

I would sure love it if Dice released low resolution environment textures because i would rather have good performance than run my fingers through the grain of sand as I crawl under a bush next to a rock wall.

There is of course all the little texture stretching glitches that are common in other games like the oblivion/fallout engine and such... I am sure that will all be sorted out, and the shitty not-optimized driver fixed for all us little people who can't afford to upgrade their college laptop to some kind of super gaming machine!
Hey! Hey! Can I interest you in some fruit? Would you like a Banana!?...
muse5187
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
1125 Posts
October 01 2011 05:54 GMT
#3019
This game is like anti-fun for me. People running underground shooting me. Gun getting stuck where I can't look down sights. Unable to mute assholes spamming mics. Bad graphics. Going back to bc2.
Phtes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States370 Posts
October 01 2011 06:22 GMT
#3020
On October 01 2011 14:54 muse5187 wrote:
This game is like anti-fun for me. People running underground shooting me. Gun getting stuck where I can't look down sights. Unable to mute assholes spamming mics. Bad graphics. Going back to bc2.


Bad graphics? What are you playing, do tell please.
I'm Your Phtes o.0 **SKT1 For Life!**
Prev 1 149 150 151 152 153 491 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 184
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 497
hero 457
BeSt 246
Mind 31
Bale 20
Terrorterran 15
Noble 12
yabsab 9
ZergMaN 9
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1128
League of Legends
JimRising 643
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King130
Other Games
summit1g9485
ArmadaUGS48
Livibee48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick514
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 7
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH360
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2261
League of Legends
• Rush1245
• Stunt455
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 39m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
4h 39m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 39m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.