• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:27
CEST 14:27
KST 21:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8835 users

Battlefield 3 - Page 149

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 147 148 149 150 151 491 Next
Soulfire
Profile Joined September 2010
United States237 Posts
October 01 2011 00:40 GMT
#2961
On October 01 2011 09:37 PHILtheTANK wrote:
*sigh* downloaded it for my xbox.... honestly the worst shooter ive ever played(except for the MoH beta). So many glitches, it freezes constantly, fall through the floor nonstop, i cant beleive they even put this out in beta. Still waiting for the PC version to download so i can try it out as well. If its not 100x better than the 360 version theres no way I'll be buying it. Very sad especially because BF2 is my favorite shooter ever, and i love almost all the other installments


I honestly feel like people who don't like this game are missing the complexity and depth of it. Even Metro is incredible infranty combat for many reasons, but it isn't CoD in the slightest.
◕ http://kiwiclonearmy.sadlife.net/ ◕
PHILtheTANK
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1834 Posts
October 01 2011 00:40 GMT
#2962
On October 01 2011 09:02 Laids wrote:
Show nested quote +
hitboxes


In a battlefield game?

Sorry, does not compute. Please try again later.


apparantely uve never played bf2
Jieun <3
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
October 01 2011 00:41 GMT
#2963
On October 01 2011 09:37 PHILtheTANK wrote:
*sigh* downloaded it for my xbox.... honestly the worst shooter ive ever played(except for the MoH beta). So many glitches, it freezes constantly, fall through the floor nonstop, i cant beleive they even put this out in beta. Still waiting for the PC version to download so i can try it out as well. If its not 100x better than the 360 version theres no way I'll be buying it. Very sad especially because BF2 is my favorite shooter ever, and i love almost all the other installments


Glitches, in a beta release? NO WAY!
We make signature, then defense it.
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
October 01 2011 00:43 GMT
#2964
On October 01 2011 09:34 Soulfire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2011 08:59 Serejai wrote:
Anyone have advice for sniping? The more I play the worse the hitboxes and netcode feel. There are times where I'll unload a full clip into someone and somehow miss them entirely from only 20-30 meters away. Other times I will go 20-0 sniping people from across the map. It's extremely hit or miss and I'm constantly having to adjust my aim to figure out what the magic spot currently is.


The inconsistency you're feeling is probably the bullet spread when firing full auto and not being adjusted to bullet drop. Watch where your bullets go when you shoot an AR full auto - they can shoot pretty damn off of the crosshair.

The hit detection has been incredible so far, pretty sure any issues that seem like hit detection issues are due to lag.


I'm mostly referring to like... when I'm playing Recon I will go 20-0 one game with nearly all headshots but then I'll join a different server and I could stand ten feet away and shoot them in the face and they take no damage.

Some servers I swear assault has 2-3x the range and accuracy as I do because I'll unload about ten sniper rounds into their head and no luck, then they unload one shot into me and I die.

I don't know if it's the terrible netcode or what but it seems to be a very common issue with bullets not hitting where they're supposed to (as well as like 90% of my deaths being from bullets hitting me through rocks and walls because of the netcode but that's another story).

I've tried compensating by aiming high, aiming low, etc and it seems to be pretty random. Like one time aiming high will work... but then 30 seconds later shooting at a target in the exact same location I'll have to aim a quarter inch low to hit them.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
ac.SpaWn
Profile Joined August 2011
United States25 Posts
October 01 2011 00:44 GMT
#2965
I'm having some troubles running the beta, as in its not letting me play it. I'm running a Geforce GTX 460, but apparently my driver is not updated fully. I went to the nvidia website and got the newest (2.80), but I keep getting a pop up boxing saying that I need 2.85.

If anyone can help that'd be great
TigerKarl
Profile Joined November 2010
1757 Posts
October 01 2011 00:46 GMT
#2966
My last game was the best so far. We were attackers on metro and somehow i got into a squad that knew what to do. Especially in the 2 underground phases i felt that this game can have some tactical depth.
I was the medic so i tried to keep my squad alive and secured our back. I never died underground but i got so many assists and revives. Later i took the 249 gun and gave surpressing fire, that felt so good.
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
October 01 2011 00:46 GMT
#2967
On October 01 2011 09:44 ac.SpaWn wrote:
I'm having some troubles running the beta, as in its not letting me play it. I'm running a Geforce GTX 460, but apparently my driver is not updated fully. I went to the nvidia website and got the newest (2.80), but I keep getting a pop up boxing saying that I need 2.85.

If anyone can help that'd be great


I'm having the exact same problem, but i can still start the game though :S
We make signature, then defense it.
PHILtheTANK
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1834 Posts
October 01 2011 00:47 GMT
#2968
On October 01 2011 09:40 Soulfire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2011 09:37 PHILtheTANK wrote:
*sigh* downloaded it for my xbox.... honestly the worst shooter ive ever played(except for the MoH beta). So many glitches, it freezes constantly, fall through the floor nonstop, i cant beleive they even put this out in beta. Still waiting for the PC version to download so i can try it out as well. If its not 100x better than the 360 version theres no way I'll be buying it. Very sad especially because BF2 is my favorite shooter ever, and i love almost all the other installments


I honestly feel like people who don't like this game are missing the complexity and depth of it. Even Metro is incredible infranty combat for many reasons, but it isn't CoD in the slightest.


I played bf2 competitively for 4 years, i own BF:BC2, as well as BF:2142 for the PC, im not looking for CoD, im looking for a Battlefield game, one thats more like BF2 than bad company, and one thats not full of dumb glitches....
Jieun <3
herve
Profile Joined January 2010
152 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-01 00:49:52
October 01 2011 00:48 GMT
#2969
On October 01 2011 09:46 grobo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2011 09:44 ac.SpaWn wrote:
I'm having some troubles running the beta, as in its not letting me play it. I'm running a Geforce GTX 460, but apparently my driver is not updated fully. I went to the nvidia website and got the newest (2.80), but I keep getting a pop up boxing saying that I need 2.85.

If anyone can help that'd be great


I'm having the exact same problem, but i can still start the game though :S


http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx

On the right under "Recommended/Beta" select Beta, then you can upgrade to the 285.38 drivers.
ac.SpaWn
Profile Joined August 2011
United States25 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-01 00:49:53
October 01 2011 00:48 GMT
#2970
On October 01 2011 09:46 grobo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2011 09:44 ac.SpaWn wrote:
I'm having some troubles running the beta, as in its not letting me play it. I'm running a Geforce GTX 460, but apparently my driver is not updated fully. I went to the nvidia website and got the newest (2.80), but I keep getting a pop up boxing saying that I need 2.85.

If anyone can help that'd be great


I'm having the exact same problem, but i can still start the game though :S


so its still letting you play?

EDIT: AH THANK YOU ABOVE PERSON!
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
October 01 2011 00:49 GMT
#2971
On October 01 2011 09:47 PHILtheTANK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2011 09:40 Soulfire wrote:
On October 01 2011 09:37 PHILtheTANK wrote:
*sigh* downloaded it for my xbox.... honestly the worst shooter ive ever played(except for the MoH beta). So many glitches, it freezes constantly, fall through the floor nonstop, i cant beleive they even put this out in beta. Still waiting for the PC version to download so i can try it out as well. If its not 100x better than the 360 version theres no way I'll be buying it. Very sad especially because BF2 is my favorite shooter ever, and i love almost all the other installments


I honestly feel like people who don't like this game are missing the complexity and depth of it. Even Metro is incredible infranty combat for many reasons, but it isn't CoD in the slightest.


I played bf2 competitively for 4 years, i own BF:BC2, as well as BF:2142 for the PC, im not looking for CoD, im looking for a Battlefield game, one thats more like BF2 than bad company, and one thats not full of dumb glitches....


You need to educate yourself on the meaning of "Beta". The entire purpose of it is to make sure people find glitches and bugs so they can be sorted out in time for the final release.
We make signature, then defense it.
iinsom
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia339 Posts
October 01 2011 00:50 GMT
#2972
On October 01 2011 09:47 PHILtheTANK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2011 09:40 Soulfire wrote:
On October 01 2011 09:37 PHILtheTANK wrote:
*sigh* downloaded it for my xbox.... honestly the worst shooter ive ever played(except for the MoH beta). So many glitches, it freezes constantly, fall through the floor nonstop, i cant beleive they even put this out in beta. Still waiting for the PC version to download so i can try it out as well. If its not 100x better than the 360 version theres no way I'll be buying it. Very sad especially because BF2 is my favorite shooter ever, and i love almost all the other installments


I honestly feel like people who don't like this game are missing the complexity and depth of it. Even Metro is incredible infranty combat for many reasons, but it isn't CoD in the slightest.


I played bf2 competitively for 4 years, i own BF:BC2, as well as BF:2142 for the PC, im not looking for CoD, im looking for a Battlefield game, one thats more like BF2 than bad company, and one thats not full of dumb glitches....


I seriously wonder if some people forget that its a beta... There will never be another game like BF2 ever, and thats because of stupid consoles dumbing everything down..

SneakyAZN
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States200 Posts
October 01 2011 00:56 GMT
#2973

I seriously wonder if some people forget that its a beta... There will never be another game like BF2 ever, and thats because of stupid consoles dumbing everything down..


As a battlefield 2 player for who know how long this makes me sad, metro doesn't feel like or should i say Rush mode doesn't feel like battlefield, i played 8-9 rounds of Caspian and i have to say it feel a little bit closer to battlefield 2, but the jets are a let down(too slow, no fly by cam, etc) I have hope in this game after playing Caspian but your right that we are not ever going to get a game that as good as battlefield 2.
Trowabarton756
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States870 Posts
October 01 2011 01:02 GMT
#2974
On October 01 2011 09:49 grobo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2011 09:47 PHILtheTANK wrote:
On October 01 2011 09:40 Soulfire wrote:
On October 01 2011 09:37 PHILtheTANK wrote:
*sigh* downloaded it for my xbox.... honestly the worst shooter ive ever played(except for the MoH beta). So many glitches, it freezes constantly, fall through the floor nonstop, i cant beleive they even put this out in beta. Still waiting for the PC version to download so i can try it out as well. If its not 100x better than the 360 version theres no way I'll be buying it. Very sad especially because BF2 is my favorite shooter ever, and i love almost all the other installments


I honestly feel like people who don't like this game are missing the complexity and depth of it. Even Metro is incredible infranty combat for many reasons, but it isn't CoD in the slightest.


I played bf2 competitively for 4 years, i own BF:BC2, as well as BF:2142 for the PC, im not looking for CoD, im looking for a Battlefield game, one thats more like BF2 than bad company, and one thats not full of dumb glitches....


You need to educate yourself on the meaning of "Beta". The entire purpose of it is to make sure people find glitches and bugs so they can be sorted out in time for the final release.


And you'll need to educate yourself on the meaning of "Beta". especially since the "Beta" is a mere ~3 weeks from release, seems awfully close to have to pump out a million+ cds, infact a close to "finished" version is probably already in transit to the publisher.....
http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Trowabarton756
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
October 01 2011 01:04 GMT
#2975
On October 01 2011 10:02 Trowabarton756 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2011 09:49 grobo wrote:
On October 01 2011 09:47 PHILtheTANK wrote:
On October 01 2011 09:40 Soulfire wrote:
On October 01 2011 09:37 PHILtheTANK wrote:
*sigh* downloaded it for my xbox.... honestly the worst shooter ive ever played(except for the MoH beta). So many glitches, it freezes constantly, fall through the floor nonstop, i cant beleive they even put this out in beta. Still waiting for the PC version to download so i can try it out as well. If its not 100x better than the 360 version theres no way I'll be buying it. Very sad especially because BF2 is my favorite shooter ever, and i love almost all the other installments


I honestly feel like people who don't like this game are missing the complexity and depth of it. Even Metro is incredible infranty combat for many reasons, but it isn't CoD in the slightest.


I played bf2 competitively for 4 years, i own BF:BC2, as well as BF:2142 for the PC, im not looking for CoD, im looking for a Battlefield game, one thats more like BF2 than bad company, and one thats not full of dumb glitches....


You need to educate yourself on the meaning of "Beta". The entire purpose of it is to make sure people find glitches and bugs so they can be sorted out in time for the final release.


And you'll need to educate yourself on the meaning of "Beta". especially since the "Beta" is a mere ~3 weeks from release, seems awfully close to have to pump out a million+ cds, infact a close to "finished" version is probably already in transit to the publisher.....


I guess you're right, it's not like there's a thing called "patch" that's usually released 0.1sec after the final release.
We make signature, then defense it.
Retgery
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1229 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-01 01:06:49
October 01 2011 01:04 GMT
#2976
Just played the beta and it feels like COD. I don't like the fact that you can vault, I'd rather just jump over it myself instead of having gun control taken away. The health regens to quickly and you have to little. What pisses me off the most is how unstable the camera is, every jump, every prone, every vault the gun camera veers away drastically., nad having my camera go in another direction. Oh and flashlight, we should all know what that means.
Fall down 7 times, stand up 8.
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
October 01 2011 01:06 GMT
#2977
On October 01 2011 10:04 Retgery wrote:
Just played the beta and it feels like COD. What pisses me off the most is how unstable the camera is, every jump, every prone, every vault the gun camera veers away drastically. I don't like the fact that you can vault, I'd rather just jump over it myself instead of having gun control taken away, nad having my camera go in another direction. Oh and flashlight, we should all know what that means.


Yeah, i'm honestly not a fan of the vaulting either, the camera is jerky to the point were i'm almost getting nauseous.
We make signature, then defense it.
ryan1894
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia264 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-01 01:07:35
October 01 2011 01:07 GMT
#2978
On October 01 2011 10:04 Retgery wrote:
Just played the beta and it feels like COD. What pisses me off the most is how unstable the camera is, every jump, every prone, every vault the gun camera veers away drastically. I don't like the fact that you can vault, I'd rather just jump over it myself instead of having gun control taken away, nad having my camera go in another direction. Oh and flashlight, we should all know what that means.


Its a lot more realistic. IMO its a good balance between realism and gameplay. Gun control taken away is a lot like real life - noone can jump while aiming down sights and running.

This game is the best FPS of 2011. Easily.
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
October 01 2011 01:07 GMT
#2979
I said it yesterday and I'll say it again now, this is really the buggiest game I've ever seen, and I've seen many. I can't get 2 full games without the game crashing. Numerous cases of people walking underground, and other glitching issues. And those are only the biggest bugs.
To those who say "this is a beta, what do you expect ?", I answer that I expect a beta, not a alpha version of the game.
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
Fanov
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada42 Posts
October 01 2011 01:10 GMT
#2980
lol @ ''this is a beta''

This is a glorified demo, nothing else.
Prev 1 147 148 149 150 151 491 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1031
WardiTV554
OGKoka 261
Rex144
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko395
mouzHeroMarine 348
OGKoka 261
Rex 144
ProTech127
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2241
Larva 1614
Horang2 1435
Shuttle 1075
EffOrt 689
BeSt 518
Soma 463
Mini 285
Hyuk 244
Stork 213
[ Show more ]
ZerO 187
Light 174
ggaemo 122
Rush 121
Zeus 117
Killer 83
Barracks 73
Hyun 65
ToSsGirL 34
Shine 31
Bale 30
Shinee 29
Yoon 26
Mong 26
Aegong 23
PianO 22
sorry 17
soO 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
zelot 14
Sexy 12
Sacsri 10
HiyA 10
Noble 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Dendi1739
qojqva877
BananaSlamJamma176
LuMiX1
League of Legends
KnowMe37
Counter-Strike
x6flipin1097
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes265
Other Games
singsing2192
olofmeister1615
B2W.Neo555
hiko261
Sick231
XaKoH 210
Pyrionflax183
ArmadaUGS78
Mew2King36
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream570
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH298
• StrangeGG 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2120
Other Games
• WagamamaTV221
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 33m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 33m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.