• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:28
CEST 17:28
KST 00:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7933 users

Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Page 59

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 586 Next
topoulo
Profile Joined September 2011
253 Posts
October 28 2011 01:56 GMT
#1161
I love those posts such as " graphics dont matter . gameplay rules " only to see fanboys raging over the looks of a tower in a beta build for xbox ... srsly how more lame can it be .


ps it cant its rhitorical
Deleted User 183001
Profile Joined May 2011
2939 Posts
October 28 2011 02:08 GMT
#1162
On October 28 2011 10:56 topoulo wrote:
I love those posts such as " graphics dont matter . gameplay rules " only to see fanboys raging over the looks of a tower in a beta build for xbox ... srsly how more lame can it be .


ps it cant its rhitorical

I know, right?
Unless Bethesda lost all its talent and creativity and skill, I have no doubt that Skyrim is going to be yet another amazing creation in the TES series.
MaV_gGSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1345 Posts
October 28 2011 02:09 GMT
#1163
omfg those graphics <3333 cant waitttt
Life's good :D
vJehoelv
Profile Joined June 2011
United States103 Posts
October 28 2011 02:31 GMT
#1164
Any new info out there?
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
October 28 2011 02:55 GMT
#1165
On October 28 2011 08:48 Venality wrote:
At first I was thinking of getting the Collector's Edition, but at this point I am not sure. I may just save the extra money it would have been to buy their DLC they are putting out.

Man it irritates me that the game isn't even out and they are talking DLC already.... just put it in the game now before it comes out please? Me love you long time if you do..

The art and bts will be online eventually, so unless you want to pay 90 for a dragon statue if say save your money.
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
October 28 2011 05:08 GMT
#1166
On October 28 2011 10:56 topoulo wrote:
I love those posts such as " graphics dont matter . gameplay rules " only to see fanboys raging over the looks of a tower in a beta build for xbox ... srsly how more lame can it be .


ps it cant its rhitorical


Maybe those are not the same people....
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
October 28 2011 07:55 GMT
#1167
On October 28 2011 10:56 topoulo wrote:
I love those posts such as " graphics dont matter . gameplay rules " only to see fanboys raging over the looks of a tower in a beta build for xbox ... srsly how more lame can it be .


ps it cant its rhitorical

You do realize that almost all of those posts were sarcastic right?
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
October 28 2011 10:19 GMT
#1168
I normally love and shell out for CE's but this CE does not interest me at all... save maybe the art book...?
Everyone needs a nemesis.
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
October 28 2011 11:55 GMT
#1169
On October 28 2011 08:48 Venality wrote:
At first I was thinking of getting the Collector's Edition, but at this point I am not sure. I may just save the extra money it would have been to buy their DLC they are putting out.

Man it irritates me that the game isn't even out and they are talking DLC already.... just put it in the game now before it comes out please? Me love you long time if you do..


Extra Credits had an episode about DLC, but I can't find it atm.

The reason you're hearing about DLC before the game is even out, is it: Near the end of a production (usually between when the game is done and shipping), there is suddenly a lot of time for the developers where they don't have anything to do. They either jump on a new project, or start working on those DLCs. If they where to put the DLCs in the game, then the game would have to be delayed, and this cycle would last forever.
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
October 28 2011 12:47 GMT
#1170
On October 28 2011 20:55 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2011 08:48 Venality wrote:
At first I was thinking of getting the Collector's Edition, but at this point I am not sure. I may just save the extra money it would have been to buy their DLC they are putting out.

Man it irritates me that the game isn't even out and they are talking DLC already.... just put it in the game now before it comes out please? Me love you long time if you do..


Extra Credits had an episode about DLC, but I can't find it atm.

The reason you're hearing about DLC before the game is even out, is it: Near the end of a production (usually between when the game is done and shipping), there is suddenly a lot of time for the developers where they don't have anything to do. They either jump on a new project, or start working on those DLCs. If they where to put the DLCs in the game, then the game would have to be delayed, and this cycle would last forever.

Especially cause they're not adding in entirely new code now- it would go in untested, and also cause the game has to pass through MS and Sony's certification and it has to be content locked at some point.
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
October 28 2011 12:48 GMT
#1171
On October 28 2011 20:55 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2011 08:48 Venality wrote:
At first I was thinking of getting the Collector's Edition, but at this point I am not sure. I may just save the extra money it would have been to buy their DLC they are putting out.

Man it irritates me that the game isn't even out and they are talking DLC already.... just put it in the game now before it comes out please? Me love you long time if you do..


Extra Credits had an episode about DLC, but I can't find it atm.

The reason you're hearing about DLC before the game is even out, is it: Near the end of a production (usually between when the game is done and shipping), there is suddenly a lot of time for the developers where they don't have anything to do. They either jump on a new project, or start working on those DLCs. If they where to put the DLCs in the game, then the game would have to be delayed, and this cycle would last forever.


Or, which is the case a lot of the time, it's content that was cut from the game. Prime example would be Deus Ex: HR. They said before they started cutting content, the game would take well over 120 hours to finish. Most games are like this, just not in that extreme. Lots of content is cut from the final game for various reasons. Repackaging this cut content and selling it as "DLC" is a very common tactic for developers.
tw!tch
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States563 Posts
October 28 2011 12:55 GMT
#1172
Wow! Huge News!

NVIDIA has just released what they are calling a brand new "tower" driver exclusively for Skyrim owners! Here's a quote from an NVIDIA technician:

Following the release of a beta screenshot depicting a wall, some dirt, a soldier and a tower, our team has been hard at work perfecting the programming that will ultimately lead to these four objects being displayed as realistically as possible. Over the last few days we have developed what we feel to be the ultimate in tower-rendering technology. We're very excited about the release of this new driver, and are anticipating positive community feedback.


Check out the new driver here: http://bit.ly/hv6IGn

+ Show Spoiler +
This is obviously a joke ^^. I for one am super excited for this game and I think it's gonna look amazing, counting down the days.
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
October 28 2011 13:58 GMT
#1173
On October 28 2011 10:56 topoulo wrote:
I love those posts such as " graphics dont matter . gameplay rules " only to see fanboys raging over the looks of a tower in a beta build for xbox ... srsly how more lame can it be .


ps it cant its rhitorical


You are the food trolls crave.
OutlaW-
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic5053 Posts
October 28 2011 14:02 GMT
#1174
On October 28 2011 20:55 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2011 08:48 Venality wrote:
At first I was thinking of getting the Collector's Edition, but at this point I am not sure. I may just save the extra money it would have been to buy their DLC they are putting out.

Man it irritates me that the game isn't even out and they are talking DLC already.... just put it in the game now before it comes out please? Me love you long time if you do..


Extra Credits had an episode about DLC, but I can't find it atm.

The reason you're hearing about DLC before the game is even out, is it: Near the end of a production (usually between when the game is done and shipping), there is suddenly a lot of time for the developers where they don't have anything to do. They either jump on a new project, or start working on those DLCs. If they where to put the DLCs in the game, then the game would have to be delayed, and this cycle would last forever.

In that case, let them release it for free. I really don't like the direction this is taking with DLC, games are pretty expensive as is.
Delete your post underage b&. You're incestuous for you're onee-chan so you're clearly not a bad guy, but others might not agree
Xinder
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2269 Posts
October 28 2011 14:03 GMT
#1175
On October 28 2011 21:55 tw!tch wrote:
Wow! Huge News!

NVIDIA has just released what they are calling a brand new "tower" driver exclusively for Skyrim owners! Here's a quote from an NVIDIA technician:

Show nested quote +
Following the release of a beta screenshot depicting a wall, some dirt, a soldier and a tower, our team has been hard at work perfecting the programming that will ultimately lead to these four objects being displayed as realistically as possible. Over the last few days we have developed what we feel to be the ultimate in tower-rendering technology. We're very excited about the release of this new driver, and are anticipating positive community feedback.


Check out the new driver here: http://bit.ly/hv6IGn

+ Show Spoiler +
This is obviously a joke ^^. I for one am super excited for this game and I think it's gonna look amazing, counting down the days.


/golfclap
Well done sir. If I were a moron I might actually believe that came from NVIDIA themselves. +1 internets for you. And a cookie!
"Daaayyyy9, King Pussyfoot of NinnyVille"- Day9 while playing Amnesia
dementrio
Profile Joined November 2010
678 Posts
October 28 2011 14:21 GMT
#1176
The DLC concept is ultimately the brainchild of Steve Jobs, and the reason he was acclaimed worldwide as a genius. Consoles are slightly cheaper iphones whose profitability will be centered more and more around DLCs; that's why they appeal to developers much more than PCs. It's a vicious cycle where a product technically inferior to the competition becomes the actual best option thanks to a clever marketing strategy.
lurked
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada918 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-28 15:03:59
October 28 2011 14:47 GMT
#1177
On October 28 2011 23:21 dementrio wrote:
The DLC concept is ultimately the brainchild of Steve Jobs, and the reason he was acclaimed worldwide as a genius. Consoles are slightly cheaper iphones whose profitability will be centered more and more around DLCs; that's why they appeal to developers much more than PCs. It's a vicious cycle where a product technically inferior to the competition becomes the actual best option thanks to a clever marketing strategy.

That, OR maybe, just maybe, game companies noticed that it brought a really good surplus of money for their games, allowing them to either develop expansions, support their games for longer, or to finance their next game.

The whole DLC concept sucks for the customer, that I agree, but wth? Steve Jobs? iPhones? Can't we pls just let the guy rest in peace, dammit?

On topic:
Damn I can't wait for this game.... Kept my last week of vacations for the 11/11/11, and I don't know if I can hold 'til then...

Can anyone help me freeze myself for 2 weeks?
Magic is "just" magic until I get my hands on the source code.
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
October 28 2011 15:12 GMT
#1178
On October 28 2011 21:55 tw!tch wrote:
Wow! Huge News!

NVIDIA has just released what they are calling a brand new "tower" driver exclusively for Skyrim owners! Here's a quote from an NVIDIA technician:

Show nested quote +
Following the release of a beta screenshot depicting a wall, some dirt, a soldier and a tower, our team has been hard at work perfecting the programming that will ultimately lead to these four objects being displayed as realistically as possible. Over the last few days we have developed what we feel to be the ultimate in tower-rendering technology. We're very excited about the release of this new driver, and are anticipating positive community feedback.


Check out the new driver here: http://bit.ly/hv6IGn

+ Show Spoiler +
This is obviously a joke ^^. I for one am super excited for this game and I think it's gonna look amazing, counting down the days.

Nvidia with drivers that support new games?

Two more weeks :D
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-28 15:19:35
October 28 2011 15:18 GMT
#1179
i think this is going to be the first non blizzard game I'll have bought in a very, very, long time. I hope it doesn't dissapoint!

i'm a little worried because I downloaded witcher and dragonage and pretty much hated both.. I've been so immersed in multiplayer games for the last 10 years it's hard for me to get back into single player. This game looks (hopefully) like it could be the one.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Xinder
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2269 Posts
October 28 2011 15:55 GMT
#1180
I'm still on the fence about this game. I've put time into Oblivion, not as much as most prob did, and it was alright. I'm just not sure I'll be able to get into this game and don't know if I want to buy it only to maybe not like it 20hrs in. Having played so many Bioware games that have some freedom but still give you story I feel like Bethesda games give you too much freedom. So much so that you get lost and forget the main story of the game.

I dunno it could just be me I suppose. Like I said still on the fence.
"Daaayyyy9, King Pussyfoot of NinnyVille"- Day9 while playing Amnesia
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 586 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM417
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 417
Reynor 246
ByuN 201
TKL 163
Railgan 75
Codebar 56
BRAT_OK 36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 58231
Bisu 2934
Calm 1561
FanTaSy 1016
Stork 815
Rush 426
hero 386
firebathero 185
Snow 124
Sharp 98
[ Show more ]
Free 69
Mind 65
actioN 55
ToSsGirL 38
Trap 38
Pusan 35
Bale 27
Mong 23
Sexy 23
soO 23
Rock 20
Aegong 20
Terrorterran 19
Hm[arnc] 17
HiyA 11
Sacsri 10
Shine 9
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8694
Dendi1091
Counter-Strike
fl0m4693
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King90
Other Games
singsing2223
Liquid`RaSZi1474
B2W.Neo731
Beastyqt584
olofmeister529
Mlord460
Khaldor410
KnowMe327
Hui .212
crisheroes181
Chillindude63
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV265
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV598
League of Legends
• Nemesis3080
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1725
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 32m
OSC
7h 32m
Replay Cast
7h 32m
OSC
20h 32m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.