• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:31
CEST 10:31
KST 17:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8042 users

Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Page 55

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 586 Next
ArYeS
Profile Joined June 2010
Slovenia268 Posts
October 26 2011 08:52 GMT
#1081
System specs say what games need when installed, not how many space they take up on DVD, so that's not an issue. Lets just hope they compressed things better, but I don't really believe that.
Oblivion was pretty small also, 4,5gb.

Still game looks badass!
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
October 26 2011 09:17 GMT
#1082
On October 26 2011 17:43 Ramong wrote:
The land mass might be around Oblivion, but the textures should be 9 times as good
the 6gb scares me a bit too


not sure where you get the idea that the textures are so much better. In the end it is still a console port so you cant expect high end graphics from this game.
ArYeS
Profile Joined June 2010
Slovenia268 Posts
October 26 2011 09:30 GMT
#1083
He was just joking, but we were told that PC version gets higher resolution textures...
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
October 26 2011 09:40 GMT
#1084
On October 26 2011 18:30 ArYeS wrote:
He was just joking, but we were told that PC version gets higher resolution textures...


well I guess we will see when the game is out
ZaaaaaM
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands1828 Posts
October 26 2011 13:07 GMT
#1085
On October 26 2011 16:45 solidbebe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2011 14:55 ZaaaaaM wrote:
On October 26 2011 05:49 solidbebe wrote:
On October 26 2011 05:34 ZaaaaaM wrote:
I'm not sure to what extent you guys can help me with this, any feedback is greatly appreciated tho

Im really doubting if I should buy skyrim on pc or xbox.
Official req. specs:+ Show Spoiler +
Recommended Specs

Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
4GB System RAM
6GB free HDD space
DirectX 9 compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or higher; ATI Radeon 4890 or higher).
DirectX compatible sound card
Internet access for Steam activation


Minimum Specs

Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
2GB System RAM
6GB free HDD Space
Direct X 9 compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM
DirectX compatible sound card
Internet access for Steam activation

I dont really have any knowledge of hardware so im not sure if this actually makes sense, its what I wrote down after my mate told me what I got

8400 Intel Dual Core
260 Nvidia card 216
2GB Memory
Windows XP 32 bit

Both will be played on a 22" full hd led monitor. I don't care about the mods on PC, its purely about the graphic levels (without any fps drops etc.)


Are you running a laptop or something? Those are some pretty bad specs, also you didn't really give a whole lot of information so not sure if you could run it on lowest settings.

*edit your processor runs at 3 Ghz which is fine, your video card is pretty old though.

*edit numero DOS: On the other hand, I just asked a computer wise mate of mine, and he says that you should be able too run it on lower resolution and low settings naturally. I don't have a definite answer though sorry :/

Its actually a desktop haha Okay, that's unfortunate, thanks for the reply tho!


http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=165603
http://www.geforce.com/Optimize/Guides/how-to-build-a-kick-ass-battlefield-3-pc

Apparently it still gets about 25 - 30 fps in bf3 so you should be able to run it fine.

25-30 on High in BF3, thats great to hear. Should be able to run skyrim mid/high without too many problems then I guess. Recon that looks better than xbox right? So pc version it is^^ thanks!
no dude, the question
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
October 26 2011 13:25 GMT
#1086
On October 22 2011 07:40 iloveroo wrote:
Since skyrim is coming closer to release, I was wondering is it worth getting the older Elder Scrolls to understand whats going to happen in skyrim, or is it going to be a different story

Honestly I would play the elder scrolls backwards. I find it ruins some of the newer games when you play the older ones first.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
turamn
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1374 Posts
October 26 2011 13:29 GMT
#1087
On October 26 2011 22:07 ZaaaaaM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2011 16:45 solidbebe wrote:
On October 26 2011 14:55 ZaaaaaM wrote:
On October 26 2011 05:49 solidbebe wrote:
On October 26 2011 05:34 ZaaaaaM wrote:
I'm not sure to what extent you guys can help me with this, any feedback is greatly appreciated tho

Im really doubting if I should buy skyrim on pc or xbox.
Official req. specs:+ Show Spoiler +
Recommended Specs

Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
4GB System RAM
6GB free HDD space
DirectX 9 compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or higher; ATI Radeon 4890 or higher).
DirectX compatible sound card
Internet access for Steam activation


Minimum Specs

Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
2GB System RAM
6GB free HDD Space
Direct X 9 compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM
DirectX compatible sound card
Internet access for Steam activation

I dont really have any knowledge of hardware so im not sure if this actually makes sense, its what I wrote down after my mate told me what I got

8400 Intel Dual Core
260 Nvidia card 216
2GB Memory
Windows XP 32 bit

Both will be played on a 22" full hd led monitor. I don't care about the mods on PC, its purely about the graphic levels (without any fps drops etc.)


Are you running a laptop or something? Those are some pretty bad specs, also you didn't really give a whole lot of information so not sure if you could run it on lowest settings.

*edit your processor runs at 3 Ghz which is fine, your video card is pretty old though.

*edit numero DOS: On the other hand, I just asked a computer wise mate of mine, and he says that you should be able too run it on lower resolution and low settings naturally. I don't have a definite answer though sorry :/

Its actually a desktop haha Okay, that's unfortunate, thanks for the reply tho!


http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=165603
http://www.geforce.com/Optimize/Guides/how-to-build-a-kick-ass-battlefield-3-pc

Apparently it still gets about 25 - 30 fps in bf3 so you should be able to run it fine.

25-30 on High in BF3, thats great to hear. Should be able to run skyrim mid/high without too many problems then I guess. Recon that looks better than xbox right? So pc version it is^^ thanks!



Honestly, I wouldn't touch Skyrim on a PC with those settings if you have an Xbox as another option. You'll be forced into having the lowest possible graphics and you've got so little RAM and such an old video card that you're most definitely still going to lag and have a shitty experience.
Longshank
Profile Joined March 2010
1648 Posts
October 26 2011 13:44 GMT
#1088
On October 26 2011 22:25 Coriolis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 07:40 iloveroo wrote:
Since skyrim is coming closer to release, I was wondering is it worth getting the older Elder Scrolls to understand whats going to happen in skyrim, or is it going to be a different story

Honestly I would play the elder scrolls backwards. I find it ruins some of the newer games when you play the older ones first.


I agree with this. Oblivion is a great game but the transition from Morrowind was painful. So many key features, skills and whatnot were removed that it lead to a huge let down initially. It got better with mods though. It's this thing when you expect one thing but get something else.

You don't have to go as far back as Daggerfall, it pretty outdated and, while awesome for its time, is too buggy to be enjoyable today. Morrowind and Oblivion are definitely worth playing through.
Neeh
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway458 Posts
October 26 2011 13:55 GMT
#1089
I'll assume they might do what Dragon ago 2 did, a separate High res texture pack for download for dem pc users.
Yuljan
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
2196 Posts
October 26 2011 14:02 GMT
#1090
I cant wait such a long time till 11.11.11 :/ Some way to get it before preorder or stuff like that?
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
October 26 2011 14:06 GMT
#1091
On October 26 2011 23:02 Yuljan wrote:
I cant wait such a long time till 11.11.11 :/ Some way to get it before preorder or stuff like that?

uhhhhh no? lol. It'll probably get leaked on torrents or something but if you mean legally, of course not.

Also lol @ people complaining about the HDD requirement (not on here ofc), as if the game being only 6GB will somehow make it terrible, people have been saying they're cancelling their preorders cause of it lol. I don't see why it makes a difference cause we've seen how the game looks before and it looks great, and if they used some kind of witchery to make the install small as hell I'm cool with that.
A x i o M
Profile Joined March 2011
United States78 Posts
October 26 2011 14:45 GMT
#1092
I can't wait! Skyrim <3

Morrowind and Oblivion were both fantastic games. Loved both of them. Can't wait to see the new graphics engine and the new features for this game. Bethesda always does amazing work.
"Get thee to a nunnery...dick." -Day[9] | "Sup son." -SelecT | “If anyone ever doubts your passion towards eSports, tell them you were here in 2011 at Blizzcon and watched the GSL Finals. Thank you very much. I love you all.” -Jun Kyu Park
Ramong
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark1706 Posts
October 26 2011 14:48 GMT
#1093
lol, some are cancelling preorders because of 6GB size ?

I was half joking when I said that the textures would be 9 times as good as Oblivion. While I hope they are much better (and someone said something about a texture pack for PC?) I doubt that they are that much better/bigger size, simply because Skyrim have to be playable on the damn consoles.

We can also hope that they found a magical compression method that makes a gorgeous and huge game as Skyrim much smaller.

I am definably looking forward to Skyrim and won't bash on it before I see it :D
"Yeah buddy"
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
October 26 2011 17:15 GMT
#1094
Yeah I facepalmed when I read that too, some guess file size directly correlates to quality lol
Bibdy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3481 Posts
October 26 2011 17:28 GMT
#1095
Well, technically it does, since textures and models consume the vast, vast majority of space for a video game. The more detail, the more space they consume. So, there's concern there. And in the world of the internet and butthurt lurkers, 'concern' turns into 'rage' pretty damn quick, particularly when people with half a functioning brain start telling them to stfu.
Kyhol
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2575 Posts
October 26 2011 17:35 GMT
#1096
On October 27 2011 02:15 DystopiaX wrote:
Yeah I facepalmed when I read that too, some guess file size directly correlates to quality lol

That's what my girlfriend tells me... IN BED!
Wishing you well.
ArYeS
Profile Joined June 2010
Slovenia268 Posts
October 26 2011 17:59 GMT
#1097
Most space on disk take up sounds and texture size. Models are pretty small files, but when you add on each model three 1024x1024 textures (color, specularity, normal) with 4 channels it gets pretty big. And now think about texture twice as big as the one I stated before. Thing is that everything gets bigger in size by 4 (because textures are in two dimensions).

This means that probably Skyrim uses same texture size as Oblivion, if there is more models in game. If Skyrim would increase texture size by 2, filesize of game would be much highier.

But this hardly matters, if textures in oblivion were poorly made and in Skyrim are perfect. Add to calculation new shaders and filesize of 6gb doesn't mean a lot.

Still I didn't expect such small size.. we'll see when we get the game, but I don't think they will release texture pack separatly..
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
October 26 2011 18:27 GMT
#1098
Some Bethesda dude on twitter said something about being better at compressing things as wel, who knows.
hysterial
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2044 Posts
October 26 2011 18:46 GMT
#1099
On October 27 2011 03:27 DystopiaX wrote:
Some Bethesda dude on twitter said something about being better at compressing things as wel, who knows.


I heard the same story with Dragon Age 2, but I still believe Betheseda is better than that horrid game.
Macabre
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1262 Posts
October 26 2011 19:11 GMT
#1100
DCDeacon Pete Hines
6 gigs: New engine & we’re much better at compression (art/voice/data). It’s huge yet more optimized than we’ve had before. And faster.
1 hour ago


^ Should clear some thing sup.
Those who know how to think need no teachers. Tasteless - I think I'll take my shirt off and let my muscles do the casting
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 586 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4345
Leta 2582
BeSt 484
Soulkey 439
Soma 233
Rush 120
Killer 30
ZergMaN 27
Shine 27
Shinee 22
Dota 2
XcaliburYe222
League of Legends
JimRising 605
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King75
Other Games
WinterStarcraft710
Sick280
Pyrionflax57
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV227
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 38
• 3DClanTV 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2321
League of Legends
• Jankos1658
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 29m
Patches Events
6h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 29m
OSC
14h 29m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.