• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:26
CEST 11:26
KST 18:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9827 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 87

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 179 Next
Nyxisto
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6287 Posts
March 13 2012 12:35 GMT
#1721
And you want to make him a martyr rather than an indoctrinated agent convinced that the reapers rule? Saren? TIM? Grayson? The evidence is there you've just refused to see it.


I dont want to "make him" anything. Its just like it makes no sense. A reaper hits him almost in the face with a laser, and instead of just shooting at him again and simply killing him he pulls of the whole indoctrination stuff? Does not seem very logic.
And there is no evidence for anything, there are just some things that seem a little bit off and could as well just be some plot holes.


I played a sentinel with Liara nad Garrus in my Squad


Same for me here, but i think on insanity you still need a lot of ammunition for Banshees, theyre tough as hell. A really annoying thing was that the team ammo effect just disappeared from time to time, happened for me in ME 2 all the time,too.
Tarias
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands480 Posts
March 13 2012 12:42 GMT
#1722
I played Sentinel with Liara and EDI in my squad and I barely used guns. The powers just seem to be so much better then weapons, especially on insanity. The hardest thing about insanity are the controls imo. Things like getting into cover when I try to run from a grenade is what kills me alot.
Go big, or go home!
Duravi
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1205 Posts
March 13 2012 12:43 GMT
#1723
On March 13 2012 21:35 Nyxisto wrote:
Show nested quote +
And you want to make him a martyr rather than an indoctrinated agent convinced that the reapers rule? Saren? TIM? Grayson? The evidence is there you've just refused to see it.


I dont want to "make him" anything. Its just like it makes no sense. A reaper hits him almost in the face with a laser, and instead of just shooting at him again and simply killing him he pulls of the whole indoctrination stuff? Does not seem very logic.
And there is no evidence for anything, there are just some things that seem a little bit off and could as well just be some plot holes.

Show nested quote +

I played a sentinel with Liara nad Garrus in my Squad


Same for me here, but i think on insanity you still need a lot of ammunition for Banshees, theyre tough as hell. A really annoying thing was that the team ammo effect just disappeared from time to time, happened for me in ME 2 all the time,too.

Banshees are shitty if you aren't willing to charge them (or not a vanguard). One thing I dont understand though, someone mentioned a brute instakill move, I charged brutes all day every day and was never once instakilled by one, does this actually exist or are you mixing it up with something?
Nyxisto
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6287 Posts
March 13 2012 12:51 GMT
#1724
One thing I dont understand though, someone mentioned a brute instakill move..


I think you're talking about Banshee's , because they instant killed me like 20 times ;D If they got in melee range they often just spiked me and it was over : /

Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
March 13 2012 12:57 GMT
#1725
On March 13 2012 21:35 Nyxisto wrote:
Show nested quote +
And you want to make him a martyr rather than an indoctrinated agent convinced that the reapers rule? Saren? TIM? Grayson? The evidence is there you've just refused to see it.


I dont want to "make him" anything. Its just like it makes no sense. A reaper hits him almost in the face with a laser, and instead of just shooting at him again and simply killing him he pulls of the whole indoctrination stuff? Does not seem very logic.
And there is no evidence for anything, there are just some things that seem a little bit off and could as well just be some plot holes.


By "you", he means Reapers. "Hey guys, there's this dude all of the galaxy admires and that is influent enough to unit all of them, we could kill him, but what if we just made him say we're the shit instead?".
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Duravi
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1205 Posts
March 13 2012 12:57 GMT
#1726
On March 13 2012 21:51 Nyxisto wrote:
Show nested quote +
One thing I dont understand though, someone mentioned a brute instakill move..


I think you're talking about Banshee's , because they instant killed me like 20 times ;D If they got in melee range they often just spiked me and it was over : /


Yeah, most of the time you can avoid it by rolling back, but every once in a while and they just fucking kill you and no party member ability saves you. I think that is bullshit since you can save your party members from the exact same move. The thing that makes me kind of upset is that in ME2 on my first playthrough I would never dream of doing insanity, where in ME3 I started on insanity and finished on insanity with no major issues. Really kills my incentive to replay the game. The cooldown reduction from loadout was a good idea, but too easily abused.
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
March 13 2012 13:02 GMT
#1727
On March 13 2012 10:45 Praetorial wrote:
I'm finding it easy to pretend this was the true ending...

http://arkis.deviantart.com/art/Mass-Effect-3-Alternate-Endings-SPOILERS-289902125

I've convinced myself of it.

Just want to sneak in that that would have been beautiful if that had been the reality, really well written
Bazzyrick
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom361 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-13 13:21:16
March 13 2012 13:20 GMT
#1728
I thoroughly enjoyed the game... but as it seems many others are, the ending left me a little pissed off.
First of all I played the game to unbelievably completion, I had well over full military strength required to get the bar all green (nearly 7k iirc) despite the preparedness only being 50%. Continued in spoiler, game ending spoilers obviously.
+ Show Spoiler +
I was thoroughly enjoying what was happening at the end, so I didn't really remember which path was which at the Crucible, I went left due to the Blue lights, with the other side being Red I assumed it would be the Paragon ending. Earth was saved, Shepard heroicly sacrificed himself, Reapers fucked off, etc etc etc. I thought, wow... that game is awesome.

THEN I reloaded to look at the other endings, but because you had to go through all that crap again I decided to just look them up online. To my EXTREME disappointment I found all endings are basically the same and that all the effort I put into scanning planets and helping people with their pointless shit was totally wasted time.

Bioware, you had me hooked so fantasticly for a whole game series and almost crying with excitement, then kick me and every other customer square in the balls right at what should be the series most epic moment? What the fuck man.


Unhappy customer I am.
You exist because we allow it and you will end because we demand it.
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
March 13 2012 13:28 GMT
#1729
It should be pretty obvious that EA/BioWare just made this shitty ending to sell more DLC/expansion later.
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
Baobab
Profile Joined October 2010
Korea (South)153 Posts
March 13 2012 13:33 GMT
#1730
Everything was pretty easy on Insanity as a Soldier, few tough spots here and there (especially in the last level) but nothing major. Starting my second playthrough as a Vanguard, and everything seems even easier...

BUT

I couldn't care less how easy it is, Vanguards are so damn awesome. I have a mini-orgasm every time I charge + nova and obliterate a group of mobs. Or just charging into a fully-shielded Atlas or Brute and taking it down no problem. Some of the funnest gameplay to be had imo
한국어 배우고 있어요 ... 너무 어려우니까 도와주세요 ㅋㅋㅋ
Undrass
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway381 Posts
March 13 2012 13:37 GMT
#1731
as solider the game was pretty easy. the only part I had trouble with was the last wave at earth that contained a lot of banshees. I (with garrus and liara) could not take down those banshees no matter how I tried. and then there was this giant laser that killed my or my crew all the time.

Died about 30 times before I went down to normal. died 10 more time before I put it down to the lowest difficulty possible. then I died 3 more times before I finally made it. success:D
Iyerbeth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England2410 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-13 13:42:29
March 13 2012 13:41 GMT
#1732
On March 13 2012 21:51 Nyxisto wrote:
Show nested quote +
One thing I dont understand though, someone mentioned a brute instakill move..


I think you're talking about Banshee's , because they instant killed me like 20 times ;D If they got in melee range they often just spiked me and it was over : /



Nah there is a Brute insta kill move, though I've not experienced it in single player so I can't 100% vouch for it being in there, but since the Banshee one is I expect it is too. Got me in multiplayer though. Same kinda pseudo-cinematic death type thing.
♥ Liquid`Sheth ♥ Liquid`TLO ♥
Jaiden
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany60 Posts
March 13 2012 14:10 GMT
#1733
On March 13 2012 13:56 killa_robot wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

The Quarians and Geth are really the only two factions who would have happy endings, seeing as most of their citizens were left alone by the Reapers, and they have an untouched world to colonize now. Everyone else has been reduced to shadows of their former selves, and all have homeworlds that need to be completely rebuilt. Maybe the Krogans have a mildly good end too, since their genophage may be cured depending on how you played, and their world was a shit-hole to begin with.


Either way, even if things had gone as planned, I wouldn't call that kind of ending happy.


+ Show Spoiler +
I wouldnt say, Quarians and Geth got a happy end. The FTL isnt possible anymore. The Quarians and Geth have now a homeworld, without a chance to reach it. Ever.
Donca
Profile Joined March 2012
1 Post
March 13 2012 14:26 GMT
#1734
Imho, the ending is not perfect, but it is better than a 100% happy ending.
+ Show Spoiler +
As many of you have pointed out: Why is the Normandy fleeing in hyperspace? Why are some teammates in the Normandy, when they were supposed to be with you on earth? It looks like between Shepard’s choice and the final cinematic, some important events happened. I smell DLCs

Nevertheless here are my thoughts about the choices that you have at the ending:
+ Show Spoiler +
Bioware is presenting the different solutions in the following way:

-- Synthesis: This merges organic and synthetic life. The distinction between chaos and order disappears. Therefore, the cycle stops.
-- Destruction: You destroy the reapers. However, synthetic life will be created in the future and it will destroy organic life (or start a new cycle).
-- Control: This also stops the cycle because the reapers will not be able to destroy organic life anymore.

So, basically it seems like “synthesis” and “control” are the best choices. But this presentation might be misleading:

-- Synthesis: It will not stop the emergence of pure organic life (in few millions years), which will create synthetic life. This means that the war/cycle will not stop after all.
-- Control: This does not prevent the future creation of synthetic life. Thus it does not prevent war. But since Shepard (or what remains of him) controls the reapers, he will use the reapers to destroy the synthetics instead of destroying the organics.

In conclusion, it seems to me that all the choices will not prevent the emergence of synthetic life and will not prevent war between chaos and order. Nevertheless, “control” seems to be the best choice (lesser evil) for organic life.

Hmmmm, I have an idea for ME4. The main protagonist will be a sort of “synthethic Shepard”: He will fight the organics/reapers (depending on your choice in ME3) and try to stop the war/cycle to save his people. You are welcome, Bioware.
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
March 13 2012 14:40 GMT
#1735
On March 13 2012 22:37 Undrass wrote:
as solider the game was pretty easy. the only part I had trouble with was the last wave at earth that contained a lot of banshees. I (with garrus and liara) could not take down those banshees no matter how I tried. and then there was this giant laser that killed my or my crew all the time.

Died about 30 times before I went down to normal. died 10 more time before I put it down to the lowest difficulty possible. then I died 3 more times before I finally made it. success:D

...you know you didn't actually have to kill them all? Just slowly back down into cover while killing as many banshees as possible, until EDI says the missiles are ready, then you can just rush around the flank and launch the missiles, and the game will go into a cutscene, thus ignoring any remaining enemies.
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
March 13 2012 15:10 GMT
#1736
yea I ended up trying that a few times, but the damn marauders kept mowing me down. The one time I made it I probably made it with 1/10 hp
Thezzy
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands2117 Posts
March 13 2012 15:12 GMT
#1737
On March 14 2012 00:10 KOFgokuon wrote:
yea I ended up trying that a few times, but the damn marauders kept mowing me down. The one time I made it I probably made it with 1/10 hp


One of the reasons I love Infiltrator.
Just Cloak, run up, hit the switch and done!

The only thing that seems to hit me whilst cloaked is stuff that was already launched before I cloaked.
Playing Terran is like flying down a MULE drop in a marine suit, firing a Gauss Rifle
ZeaL.
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5955 Posts
March 13 2012 16:11 GMT
#1738
On March 14 2012 00:12 Thezzy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 00:10 KOFgokuon wrote:
yea I ended up trying that a few times, but the damn marauders kept mowing me down. The one time I made it I probably made it with 1/10 hp


One of the reasons I love Infiltrator.
Just Cloak, run up, hit the switch and done!

The only thing that seems to hit me whilst cloaked is stuff that was already launched before I cloaked.


Or charge at the dude closest to the switch and slam it down
MizarAlcor
Profile Joined December 2010
United States21 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-13 16:32:19
March 13 2012 16:27 GMT
#1739
On March 13 2012 22:28 Arnstein wrote:
It should be pretty obvious that EA/BioWare just made this shitty ending to sell more DLC/expansion later.


[image loading]


So sad but so true. If Bioware did pull it off, this would be the biggest commercial troll of the decade.
Crushinator
Profile Joined August 2011
Netherlands2138 Posts
March 13 2012 17:27 GMT
#1740
Loved playing through this, the ending could have been better though I'm glad it wasn't a happy one. I really regret not loading a mass effect 2 save though, missed out on some story outcomes because of that. Going to have to run through the game again straight away now, just have to decide on a class.

Do the enemies still get much harder if you start at 30? I seem to remember Mass Effect 2 was hardest on insanity if you started at level 30. Or if not, is there any way to start at level 1 with a save?
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 2046
Bisu 411
Hyuk 370
Killer 106
Dewaltoss 92
Leta 82
Larva 81
EffOrt 68
Soma 62
Sexy 62
[ Show more ]
ZerO 54
ToSsGirL 47
soO 42
Sharp 41
Light 37
Aegong 29
Bale 23
Sacsri 19
NaDa 16
Hm[arnc] 15
Shinee 10
JulyZerg 8
sorry 8
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Fuzer 135
League of Legends
JimRising 409
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss854
byalli749
kRYSTAL_37
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor949
crisheroes459
Other Games
gofns27264
singsing1428
olofmeister988
ceh9641
Mew2King89
ArmadaUGS52
ZerO(Twitch)11
B2W.Neo1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream149
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2382
League of Legends
• Stunt428
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
3h 34m
OSC
12h 34m
CranKy Ducklings
1d
Online Event
1d 1h
FEL
1d 6h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.