• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:31
CEST 05:31
KST 12:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8763 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 79

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 77 78 79 80 81 179 Next
zeru
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
8156 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-11 14:27:07
March 11 2012 13:44 GMT
#1561
--- Nuked ---
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
March 11 2012 13:52 GMT
#1562
ME2 > ME3 > ME1 This is my opinion on the fanchise thus far. Loved ME2s story the best. ME3 had a fine story too. Its not as bad as everyone said.
+ Show Spoiler [Comments on the ending!!!] +
+ Show Spoiler [Seriously, ending revealed!!!!!] +
I took Ashley and Garrus to the very final battle and picked the detroy everything option. After the Normandy crashed Ashley was the second one to walk out...SHE GOT VAPORIZED BY A REAPER AND SOMEHOW IS ON THE NORMANDY!! WTF. Other then this I have no issue with the games ending


I was a huge fan of Call of Duties Zombie maps and the ME3 multiplayer is basiclly just that. I love it. The challenge on gold is very hard.

Im currently working on a new game on insanity as an Infiltrator
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
Serelitz
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands2895 Posts
March 11 2012 14:20 GMT
#1563
On March 11 2012 22:52 Orcasgt24 wrote:
ME2 > ME3 > ME1 This is my opinion on the fanchise thus far. Loved ME2s story the best. ME3 had a fine story too. Its not as bad as everyone said.
+ Show Spoiler [Comments on the ending!!!] +
+ Show Spoiler [Seriously, ending revealed!!!!!] +
I took Ashley and Garrus to the very final battle and picked the detroy everything option. After the Normandy crashed Ashley was the second one to walk out...SHE GOT VAPORIZED BY A REAPER AND SOMEHOW IS ON THE NORMANDY!! WTF. Other then this I have no issue with the games ending


I was a huge fan of Call of Duties Zombie maps and the ME3 multiplayer is basiclly just that. I love it. The challenge on gold is very hard.

Im currently working on a new game on insanity as an Infiltrator


Banshees are such a bitch as an infiltrator, seriously.
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-11 14:51:07
March 11 2012 14:47 GMT
#1564
Just finished it, easily the best one of the three I'd say. Amazing game.

...the endings were pretty disappointing though, didn't really get why they made them like that :/

Edit:

On March 11 2012 22:44 zeru wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2012 22:41 Overpowered wrote:
On March 11 2012 22:36 zeru wrote:
Been thinking through the theory I had about the ending and l'm basically 99% sure that I'm right, expecting DLC no doubt. Maybe some more eyes from here can think about it, correct me, agree, or tell me why im wrong?

Theory:
+ Show Spoiler +
After you get hit by the Harbingers beam, and regain conciousness you don't have your armor on anymore. How? Why? Because that's when the dream starts, and you are still unconscious.

The extra 20 second clip you can earn shows you back on earth at a pile of rubble taking a breath. This is literally impossible if anything after the port to the citadel is true, because the damn thing explodes, what are you gonna survive the explotion, fly through space, through the atmosphere, still be alive, take the impact hit from falling miles and miles and still live? No. You got grazed by the beam and thrown to the side, and lay there unconscious.

The catalyst/reaper AI shown as the little boy, why would the reaper AI/catalyst be shown like that? Because it's Sheps dream, he has dreamed about that boy all damn game.

Why is it so easy to kill the improved and modified TIM OR convince him that he is wrong when he spent his whole life / the whole games working for whatever he worked for? He would never be that clumsy, he's intelligent as fuck. Shep wants it to be that easy, and it's not real either.

Normandy flying away from the battlefield through a mass relay, and people who you fought with on earth and who were dead close to the citadel beam step out of the ship after the crash. Literally impossible, and incredibly illogical that the joker and the whole crew would for some reason fly away.

+ Show Spoiler +
Interesting. Its strange that after the beam Shep has only her "casual" clothing, and that clip showing he/she breathes shows that he/she has N7 armor. But why would they do something like this? It would be really cruel to do something like this. Its supposed to be the end of Shepards storyline, why end it with a dream?

I have no idea. I was pretty damn upset about the ending after i finished it, and an ending like that doesnt make sense if they say it's the end, however officials have said things like "keep your save games from ME3 around" (paraphrasing) which also makes me more sure.
+ Show Spoiler +
I was actually wrong about the casual armor thing, looked at a vid to make sure again. The armor is just broken to pieces. Remembered my femshep in casual armor for some reason. Im still sure about my theory though. Nothing points towards that being real.


That is a pretty interesting theory I must admit. There is undoubtably something very fishy about the entire ending from the moment you get hit by Harbinger
hugman
Profile Joined June 2009
Sweden4644 Posts
March 11 2012 14:56 GMT
#1565
Spoilers about stuff
+ Show Spoiler +
The kid might be a hallucination due to Shepard gradually being indoctrinated. The first time you see the kid he just vanishes and you hear Reaper noises. I don't know what it implies for the ending but I'm hoping it was all just in Shepard's head or something.
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
March 11 2012 15:15 GMT
#1566
Do you guys really feel this was the best game? I enjoyed it, but I dunno, it felt shallow compared to the first two. Like, fewer conversations with all my old characters, less convo options, less events, no personal missions or anything, blah. I dunno, it felt like I didn't get enough time with all the characters I've come to care about a lot. Game felt shorter as well, t.t;
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
March 11 2012 15:20 GMT
#1567
I'm not done with the game yet, but I know how it ends. Just a quick question:

+ Show Spoiler +
if the collectors are the protheans, but the reapers are the past civilizations, why didn't the protheans get turned into reapers? Or did they and just some of them survived?
ZeaL.
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5955 Posts
March 11 2012 15:24 GMT
#1568
Sigh. I was really happy with the game actually and didn't mind the ending that much (I liked Deus Ex a lot soo I guess that says something about me) but then I realized my galactic readiness was 50%. I never really thought about it and just figured it would go up as I got nearer to the end but lo and behold you have to play multi for it? Wtf? Fuckin balls man now I have to go play multi and the closest save I have to before the ending is like 4 hours before the finish.. wtf bioware. How/why is multiplayer supposed to help the single player campaign?
WniO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2706 Posts
March 11 2012 15:28 GMT
#1569
god what a terrible ending. i wonder how many actual choices you made in mass effect 1 effect mass effect 3, besides the obvious kill wrex/kaiden/ash /// let them live.
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
March 11 2012 15:41 GMT
#1570
Go go power rangers!
Useless wet fish.
CeriseCherries
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
6170 Posts
March 11 2012 16:20 GMT
#1571
On March 12 2012 00:20 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
I'm not done with the game yet, but I know how it ends. Just a quick question:

+ Show Spoiler +
if the collectors are the protheans, but the reapers are the past civilizations, why didn't the protheans get turned into reapers? Or did they and just some of them survived?

+ Show Spoiler +
Protheans got screwed around by reapers until they turned to collectors iirc
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
procyonlotor
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy473 Posts
March 11 2012 16:38 GMT
#1572
On March 12 2012 01:20 CeriseCherries wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2012 00:20 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
I'm not done with the game yet, but I know how it ends. Just a quick question:

+ Show Spoiler +
if the collectors are the protheans, but the reapers are the past civilizations, why didn't the protheans get turned into reapers? Or did they and just some of them survived?

+ Show Spoiler +
Protheans got screwed around by reapers until they turned to collectors iirc


+ Show Spoiler +
Collectors are basically reaperized protheans, like husks.

Saoc
Profile Joined March 2012
1 Post
Last Edited: 2012-03-11 17:03:21
March 11 2012 17:02 GMT
#1573
A classic example of cutting corners
http://i.imgur.com/ftUIY.jpg
Spoilers..
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
March 11 2012 17:09 GMT
#1574
On March 12 2012 01:38 procyonlotor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2012 01:20 CeriseCherries wrote:
On March 12 2012 00:20 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
I'm not done with the game yet, but I know how it ends. Just a quick question:

+ Show Spoiler +
if the collectors are the protheans, but the reapers are the past civilizations, why didn't the protheans get turned into reapers? Or did they and just some of them survived?

+ Show Spoiler +
Protheans got screwed around by reapers until they turned to collectors iirc


+ Show Spoiler +
Collectors are basically reaperized protheans, like husks.




+ Show Spoiler +
Kk. Thanks guys. I was wondering because I didn't know if it was just an inconsistency that was looked over or if it was actually a plot point. I <3 the game so far but I fear the end. Honestly, I loved this series so much I thought that I was going to cry at the end when I heard what happened. What I realized though was that in all honesty, I don't think I would've been happier if the game ended with Shepard saving everyone, I think I just would've preferred if I felt like I made more of an impact on what happens in the game and if the writing wasn't so shitty at the end.

In all honesty though, thanks Bioware. This feels like the greatest ~$200 that I've spent on a video game series. I feel like i really got my moneys worth, I really developed an emotional feeling for some of the characters, and I can't say the same about any other series. Even Halo, my favorite video game series of all time (for the gameplay) doesn't compete with the level of feeling and emotion Mass Effect has created. So I honestly feel like I thoroughly enjoyed it and even if the end wasn't so great, it's about the journey, not the destination.
hugman
Profile Joined June 2009
Sweden4644 Posts
March 11 2012 17:20 GMT
#1575
On March 12 2012 00:15 Haemonculus wrote:
Do you guys really feel this was the best game? I enjoyed it, but I dunno, it felt shallow compared to the first two. Like, fewer conversations with all my old characters, less convo options, less events, no personal missions or anything, blah. I dunno, it felt like I didn't get enough time with all the characters I've come to care about a lot. Game felt shorter as well, t.t;


No I don't think so.
Some stuff was good, like the banter between your party members, but like you said they gutted the conversations. They removed the neutral option and there were way less interesting conversations in general.
ragnorr
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark6097 Posts
March 11 2012 17:30 GMT
#1576
On March 12 2012 02:20 hugman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2012 00:15 Haemonculus wrote:
Do you guys really feel this was the best game? I enjoyed it, but I dunno, it felt shallow compared to the first two. Like, fewer conversations with all my old characters, less convo options, less events, no personal missions or anything, blah. I dunno, it felt like I didn't get enough time with all the characters I've come to care about a lot. Game felt shorter as well, t.t;


No I don't think so.
Some stuff was good, like the banter between your party members, but like you said they gutted the conversations. They removed the neutral option and there were way less interesting conversations in general.

Yeah i felt the same way, way to little RPG elements in terms of convesation. Basicly no interaction to random people on the citadel(Just run around and eavesdrop for quests...). I liked the Krogan/Turian and Geth/quarian part of the game tho.
Korson
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States47 Posts
March 11 2012 17:35 GMT
#1577
On March 12 2012 01:38 procyonlotor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2012 01:20 CeriseCherries wrote:
On March 12 2012 00:20 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
I'm not done with the game yet, but I know how it ends. Just a quick question:

+ Show Spoiler +
if the collectors are the protheans, but the reapers are the past civilizations, why didn't the protheans get turned into reapers? Or did they and just some of them survived?

+ Show Spoiler +
Protheans got screwed around by reapers until they turned to collectors iirc


+ Show Spoiler +
Collectors are basically reaperized protheans, like husks.



+ Show Spoiler +
I'm not sure if this is obvious to people or not, but Harbinger is actually the Prothean reaper. You can see the resemblance of Harbinger to the Protheans pretty clearly. So, in the last cycle, the reapers succeeded in creating a Prothean reaper, but they failed in creating the human reaper in this cycle.

A note about the ending - A LOT of people are upset with how it ends.I trust that Bioware has their reasons for making it end the way it did - and those reasons will most likely be revealed in time. I strongly hope;however, that Bioware does NOT go in the direction of a Mass Effect MMO. Rather, I hope a new saga takes place in the changed galaxy that your Shepard leaves behind.
ragnorr
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark6097 Posts
March 11 2012 17:38 GMT
#1578
On March 12 2012 02:35 Korson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2012 01:38 procyonlotor wrote:
On March 12 2012 01:20 CeriseCherries wrote:
On March 12 2012 00:20 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
I'm not done with the game yet, but I know how it ends. Just a quick question:

+ Show Spoiler +
if the collectors are the protheans, but the reapers are the past civilizations, why didn't the protheans get turned into reapers? Or did they and just some of them survived?

+ Show Spoiler +
Protheans got screwed around by reapers until they turned to collectors iirc


+ Show Spoiler +
Collectors are basically reaperized protheans, like husks.



+ Show Spoiler +
I'm not sure if this is obvious to people or not, but Harbinger is actually the Prothean reaper. You can see the resemblance of Harbinger to the Protheans pretty clearly. So, in the last cycle, the reapers succeeded in creating a Prothean reaper, but they failed in creating the human reaper in this cycle.

A note about the ending - A LOT of people are upset with how it ends.I trust that Bioware has their reasons for making it end the way it did - and those reasons will most likely be revealed in time. I strongly hope;however, that Bioware does NOT go in the direction of a Mass Effect MMO. Rather, I hope a new saga takes place in the changed galaxy that your Shepard leaves behind.

+ Show Spoiler +
Ehm, where do you learn that harbinger is a prothean reaper. It was speculated by EDI in ME2 that the protheans was unable to be processed and ended up being made into collectors instead
Steveling
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Greece10806 Posts
March 11 2012 17:54 GMT
#1579
Ok, I just ended the game and wtf shitz Bioware?
I literally facepalmed as soon as I realized what was happening. I was thinking "No, get out of here, it can't be like this", then 2mins later bam credits.

That has to take some award for the worst game ending ever.
My dick has shrunk to the point where it looks like I have 3 balls.
Dranak
Profile Joined July 2011
United States464 Posts
March 11 2012 17:54 GMT
#1580
On March 12 2012 00:24 ZeaL. wrote:
Sigh. I was really happy with the game actually and didn't mind the ending that much (I liked Deus Ex a lot soo I guess that says something about me) but then I realized my galactic readiness was 50%. I never really thought about it and just figured it would go up as I got nearer to the end but lo and behold you have to play multi for it? Wtf? Fuckin balls man now I have to go play multi and the closest save I have to before the ending is like 4 hours before the finish.. wtf bioware. How/why is multiplayer supposed to help the single player campaign?


Supposedly you can use either multiplayer or single player side missions. Your galactic readiness ultimately doesn't matter, it's your total effective military strength that determines your outcome, so you can get by just fine with a lower readiness and more war assets.
Prev 1 77 78 79 80 81 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 210
Nina 129
SpeCial 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13163
Rain 2002
Dewaltoss 52
NaDa 31
Bale 29
Noble 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
Counter-Strike
taco 650
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1490
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1294
WinterStarcraft601
Other Games
summit1g8542
Doublelift2588
JimRising 658
PiGStarcraft341
ArmadaUGS200
C9.Mang0197
Maynarde142
ViBE95
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick853
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream125
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 83
• practicex 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki189
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo883
• Stunt170
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 29m
OSC
9h 29m
Stellar Fest
9h 29m
OSC
20h 29m
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.