• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:52
CEST 00:52
KST 07:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)52Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10515 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 2

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 177 178 179 Next
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
December 12 2010 04:02 GMT
#21
On December 11 2010 04:28 Mindcrime wrote:
The Baldur's Gate series had multiplayer too. not worried

This.

As mixed as my opinion is about the ME series, I highly doubt that multiplayer is going to make the game worse than it would have been otherwise.
Moderator
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
December 12 2010 04:28 GMT
#22
hummmmm
TheAngelofDeath
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2033 Posts
December 12 2010 04:32 GMT
#23
Multiplayer upsets me and worries me about the single player. Agree with OP. I love Bioware games though, and when it comes to RPG's, they know what they're doing. So it shouldn't ruin it. *crosses fingers*
"Infestors are the suck" - LzGamer
muse5187
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
1125 Posts
December 12 2010 04:34 GMT
#24
On December 12 2010 12:17 xDaunt wrote:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-mass-effect/708363

8D That was an amazing trailer. Between Elderscrolls IV and ME3 next year will be great for rpgs! I can't wait, I'm going to go play some ME2 on xbox now!
dinki0825
Profile Joined June 2010
United States238 Posts
December 12 2010 04:47 GMT
#25
as long as multiplayer aspect just means co-op I'm not too worried
udgnim
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8024 Posts
December 12 2010 04:48 GMT
#26
the trailer basically makes it appear that ME3 will be a lot more action oriented with the invasion of Earth

of course the Earth invasion could just come at the end of ME3
E-Sports is competitive video gaming with a spectator fan base. Do not take the word "Sports" literally.
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13425 Posts
December 12 2010 04:55 GMT
#27
I didnt really like the stripped down rpg elements of ME2 so I probably wont get 3 and do not care much whether there is multiplayer or not. If they keep the game with as much RPG as ME2 I may play it but I will borrow it from a friend most likely at that point.
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Fumi
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
529 Posts
December 12 2010 04:56 GMT
#28
On December 12 2010 13:47 dinki0825 wrote:
as long as multiplayer aspect just means co-op I'm not too worried

Pretty much this. Besides that, I just can't wait for this game. Like, I really can't.
Flash, Stats, Reach, Tossgirl <> Boxer, Nestea, MC, Foxer fangirl | http://osu.ppy.sh/u/181432
Beside_kr
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada902 Posts
December 12 2010 05:10 GMT
#29
I'm a huge Mass Effect nerd so I am excited for this but I guess I'm so much of a fan I almost got up on a soapbox and started pointing out stuff I had concerns about but quickly realized I sounded like the guy complaining about the magic xylophone on the Simpsons.

Anyways, I remember the lead up to ME2 very fondly as a few of my friends were in to it almost as much as me so we poured over every rumor, every new image, etc. so I'm almost looking forward to the buildup more than the game itself.
Cuffs, cuffs, you can't break those cuffs
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
December 12 2010 05:12 GMT
#30
On December 12 2010 13:55 ZeromuS wrote:
I didnt really like the stripped down rpg elements of ME2 so I probably wont get 3 and do not care much whether there is multiplayer or not. If they keep the game with as much RPG as ME2 I may play it but I will borrow it from a friend most likely at that point.


In what way were the "rpg elements" of ME2 stripped down when compared to the first game?
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
n00bination
Profile Joined October 2010
United States102 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-12 05:34:56
December 12 2010 05:29 GMT
#31
On December 12 2010 14:12 Mindcrime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 13:55 ZeromuS wrote:
I didnt really like the stripped down rpg elements of ME2 so I probably wont get 3 and do not care much whether there is multiplayer or not. If they keep the game with as much RPG as ME2 I may play it but I will borrow it from a friend most likely at that point.


In what way were the "rpg elements" of ME2 stripped down when compared to the first game?

The stat system was almost completely removed, and a skill progression system was put in place and inventory was removed entirely in favor of an unlock-and-upgrade system. These are hallmarks of the classic RPG model, and it's only understandable that the removal of such features would alienate a specific player base.

I personally felt that the game lacked too many traditional RPG features to appeal to a really hardcore RPG player, while at the same time its gunplay was too lackluster to appeal to hardcore shooters. ME2's story wasn't anything to write home about, either. The redeeming factors for me were the well-written dialogue, the gorgeous environments, and the fun biotic powers.
I'm not a racist, I'm just telling how it is.
Zocat
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2229 Posts
December 12 2010 06:08 GMT
#32
On December 12 2010 14:29 n00bination wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 14:12 Mindcrime wrote:
On December 12 2010 13:55 ZeromuS wrote:
I didnt really like the stripped down rpg elements of ME2 so I probably wont get 3 and do not care much whether there is multiplayer or not. If they keep the game with as much RPG as ME2 I may play it but I will borrow it from a friend most likely at that point.


In what way were the "rpg elements" of ME2 stripped down when compared to the first game?

The stat system was almost completely removed, and a skill progression system was put in place and inventory was removed entirely in favor of an unlock-and-upgrade system. These are hallmarks of the classic RPG model, and it's only understandable that the removal of such features would alienate a specific player base.


Everything that has more than 15hours of singleplayer playtime, and has a rudimentary skillsystem is a RPG nowadays. Oh - and maybe character levels.

Will it be a bad game? No, probably not & I think I'll have a ton of fun.
But I think I still need to play a renegade male Shepard.... well a good years time
DragoonPK
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
3259 Posts
December 12 2010 06:13 GMT
#33
I am excited for Mass Effect 2 on the PS3! I can finally play that brilliant RPG! And Mass Effect 3 is going to be even crazier!!
Slow Motion
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6960 Posts
December 12 2010 06:14 GMT
#34
On December 12 2010 14:12 Mindcrime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 13:55 ZeromuS wrote:
I didnt really like the stripped down rpg elements of ME2 so I probably wont get 3 and do not care much whether there is multiplayer or not. If they keep the game with as much RPG as ME2 I may play it but I will borrow it from a friend most likely at that point.


In what way were the "rpg elements" of ME2 stripped down when compared to the first game?

How about the poor plot? They could have done so much with the cipher and trying to stop Reapers from finding a way out of dark space/finding pieces of weapon against reapers. Instead they added way too many characters (as great as many of them were) and the main plot did little to advance the overall story. Actually I bet if you took out ME2 you'd find pretty good continuity between the main plot of ME1 and ME3. ME1 had a solid, if simple, story. ME2 was just a series of vignettes.
WniO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2706 Posts
December 12 2010 06:17 GMT
#35
Im all for co-op, but i bet it would be a bitch to program, multiplayer could be promising, but has bioware done anything recently that had a solid pvp?
Billy_
Profile Joined September 2010
461 Posts
December 12 2010 06:19 GMT
#36
Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth.



Boy, I sure do hope that we get to visit 4 civilizations to recruit from and are required to prove our worth to the council again.
SweetNJoshSauce
Profile Joined July 2010
United States468 Posts
December 12 2010 06:28 GMT
#37
Bioware...... What happened?

First DA2 turning into a Mass Effect clone and now ME3 turning into a COD game...
Billy_
Profile Joined September 2010
461 Posts
December 12 2010 06:36 GMT
#38
That's an insult to Black Ops. At least the newest CoD campaign was pretty good, and didn't derail the main plot after the very first mission.
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
December 12 2010 06:38 GMT
#39
On December 12 2010 15:14 Slow Motion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 14:12 Mindcrime wrote:
On December 12 2010 13:55 ZeromuS wrote:
I didnt really like the stripped down rpg elements of ME2 so I probably wont get 3 and do not care much whether there is multiplayer or not. If they keep the game with as much RPG as ME2 I may play it but I will borrow it from a friend most likely at that point.


In what way were the "rpg elements" of ME2 stripped down when compared to the first game?

How about the poor plot? They could have done so much with the cipher and trying to stop Reapers from finding a way out of dark space/finding pieces of weapon against reapers. Instead they added way too many characters (as great as many of them were) and the main plot did little to advance the overall story. Actually I bet if you took out ME2 you'd find pretty good continuity between the main plot of ME1 and ME3. ME1 had a solid, if simple, story. ME2 was just a series of vignettes.


That is a good answer.

On December 12 2010 14:29 n00bination wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 14:12 Mindcrime wrote:
On December 12 2010 13:55 ZeromuS wrote:
I didnt really like the stripped down rpg elements of ME2 so I probably wont get 3 and do not care much whether there is multiplayer or not. If they keep the game with as much RPG as ME2 I may play it but I will borrow it from a friend most likely at that point.


In what way were the "rpg elements" of ME2 stripped down when compared to the first game?

The stat system was almost completely removed, and a skill progression system was put in place and inventory was removed entirely in favor of an unlock-and-upgrade system. These are hallmarks of the classic RPG model, and it's only understandable that the removal of such features would alienate a specific player base.


This is the answer that I expected. If these are the things that one thinks make an RPG, then one should go play Borderlands.
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
SweetNJoshSauce
Profile Joined July 2010
United States468 Posts
December 12 2010 06:42 GMT
#40
On December 12 2010 15:36 Billy_ wrote:
That's an insult to Black Ops. At least the newest CoD campaign was pretty good, and didn't derail the main plot after the very first mission.


Never played the single player. But the multiplayer is very meh
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 177 178 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 139
SpeCial 116
Vindicta 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11446
Artosis 547
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift3822
JimRising 655
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox722
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4687
Khaldor956
Liquid`Hasu942
Other Games
summit1g7410
shahzam555
FrodaN118
NeuroSwarm68
ArmadaUGS62
Mew2King58
ViBE53
JuggernautJason38
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV193
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream74
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 26
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 26
• blackmanpl 23
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie819
• Scarra443
• Shiphtur195
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 9m
Stellar Fest
14h 9m
OSC
23h 9m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 11h
Online Event
1d 12h
FEL
1d 17h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.