• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:17
CEST 16:17
KST 23:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7398 users

Shogun: Total War 2 - Page 19

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 28 Next All
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
March 25 2011 00:36 GMT
#361
On March 25 2011 09:19 keit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 08:40 Lucumo wrote:
On March 24 2011 22:43 keit wrote:
On March 24 2011 18:22 Lucumo wrote:
Just saw the ninja failure videos of Shogun 2 and god, they suck. Why would they screw them up this much despite them being one of the best parts of the original Shogun


Well they could've hired a decent CGI team for one, not something that looks like what a college student can do in his spare time lol.

No, I don't mean that. I'm talking about the style. Why did they make the ninja seem like a complete retard when he fails? Honestly -.- And also, where is the blood?


+ Show Spoiler +
Your nostalgia goggles are foggy.

The old assassination videos are just as cheesy.

So, do you see the ninja getting stuck in a wall? Or do you see him jumping around like an idiot without any skill? They changed the style to a comedic-retarded one and that is what I don't like.

On March 25 2011 09:19 keit wrote:
The CGI however, is mentioned in reviews as being extremely terrible so if you don't notice it you can't have kept up on the progress in the recent years, so maybe you'll need to get back under your bridge.

On March 24 2011 18:22 Lucumo wrote:
No, I don't mean that

I don't care about the CGI, so maybe you'll need to learn to read other people's posts.
keit
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
1584 Posts
March 25 2011 01:01 GMT
#362
Well I saw him falling flat on his face while trying to poison that guy from above.



From the comments it seems like they are well received, and I think most of them are quite funny too. I'd say you are just a hater.

True about the blood though, game is ESRB rated Teen, so blood should be allowed.
Graphics
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
March 25 2011 01:19 GMT
#363
On March 25 2011 10:01 keit wrote:
Well I saw him falling flat on his face while trying to poison that guy from above.

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMlu7ZleclI&feature=related


From the comments it seems like they are well received, and I think most of them are quite funny too. I'd say you are just a hater.

True about the blood though, game is ESRB rated Teen, so blood should be allowed.

Because the guy pulled the string, so of course he would fall down. He just hold too tightly on it.

Depends. There aren't that many people who played the first Shogun and because they don't know it, they can leave such comments(not that I would read comments on youtube anyway). I'm a hater because I'm heavily disappointed by how they changed the style(and removed the blood)? And I always thought "haters" are people who do so without any justified reason...
woowoo
Profile Joined May 2010
France164 Posts
March 25 2011 01:34 GMT
#364
Is the game better than medieval 2?
wooooo
Zhou
Profile Joined February 2009
United States832 Posts
March 25 2011 01:39 GMT
#365
Shogun 2 definitely controls better than medieval 2. That's the thing I hated about medieval 2, it felt kind of chunky to play with when you were controlling your army.

This is definitely an improvement, but despite being of the same series, they are different. I think most people like certain total war games depending on the time periods rather than the play.
MaestroSC
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2073 Posts
March 25 2011 03:05 GMT
#366
On March 23 2011 09:34 curreh wrote:
ahahaha pro tip - When uncontestedly taking a castle, like a decent sized army of yours versus just the samurai retainers, leave your general outside -.-
I made him climb the walls to join in on the slaughter and 6 of his bodyguard fell to their death lol, and now it takes so long for them to replenish! Do they replenish faster whilst garrisoned?

Oh and tiegrr, do you have any tips for winning disadvantaged battles? I won one decently before, was 900 v 1300 and I got attacked in the field, so I put all my army on a hill, with my archers at the front to shoot as the enemy charged up, and had a samurai hidden in the trees that flanked and broke a unit very well, that turned out okay! I lost 300 and the enemy lost 1100 ^_^



ZOMG i was dieing laughing when i read this. This thread is so full of laughs with stuff like this and the retarded armies that route when youre winning.

zomg thank you. btw i love this game, the most fun i have had in any of the TW series. Got to a point on my Shemazu campaign where i was bringing in nearl 10k per turn... and then i ran out of time...didnt realize i had to get my shit done by 1580... i was macro'ing like a beast lolol.
curreh
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia265 Posts
March 25 2011 03:40 GMT
#367
bahaha glad you enjoyed it : ) I'm now very patient with sieges because my army is very heavily archer based haha, just sitting outside pluck-pluck plucking some arrows into the castle for a long time lol :D
SlayerS Hwaiting! : )
Sceptor87
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada266 Posts
March 25 2011 05:04 GMT
#368
On March 25 2011 10:34 woowoo wrote:
Is the game better than medieval 2?

Substantially I'd say. It's the best one since Rome.

Medieval 2 had too much shit happening sometimes. Religion, the race for gunpowder, Crusades, The New World, blowing the Pope and all the diplomacy/assassination/arranged marriage stuff too. Plus the world was extraordinarily large. To large I'd say. A Crusade could get called and it would be over before you got near the area to attack.

Empire is the same thing, but the fact that most of the weapons being gunpowder hurt it more-so. You'd end up in standoffs that focus more on artillery. I do think the ship battles in Empire were better though. In Shogun 2 you pull up and most everything else is automated. I much preferred the flanking attacks and the art of broadsides.
Standard,
TigerKarl
Profile Joined November 2010
1757 Posts
March 25 2011 09:07 GMT
#369
DARTH MOD for Shogun 2 has been released.
I strongly reccomend to check that mod out because of Darth's history as a awesome modder:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=437591
Ren91
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom190 Posts
March 25 2011 09:45 GMT
#370
I've been playing total war games since shogun first game out and I've been waiting for this since Rome. starting to love creative assembly again :D. However I get the feeling attacking a castle is a bit crazy you cant really attack the walls, the only way I seem to win is by getting a shit ton of archers and just shooting in.

I definitly prefer this game over other rts's in team gameplay aswell. 2v2's are really fun ^^.
Veni Vidi Vici
Patriot.dlk
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Sweden5462 Posts
March 25 2011 10:14 GMT
#371
Have played quite some multiplayer co-op now and it's really, really buggy.

This bug: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/10183-Multiplayer-End-turn-bug-killed-campaign

Messed us up several times. Since we started clicking away diplomacy slowly and copy pasted the hosts save files a few times things usually sorted out.

Both of us have a bug were wasd for moving does not work in macro mode and neither does space.

Besides all the bugs it's a decent game in the series. A lot feels like same old same old for example you still accidently miss move units in macro mode etc
Ren91
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom190 Posts
March 25 2011 10:23 GMT
#372
Yeah unforunately it happens alot in total war games, they try to bring them out to often and they aren't as polished as they could be. They do support the release though and will eventually bring out patches.
Veni Vidi Vici
Doko
Profile Joined May 2010
Argentina1737 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 15:15:40
March 25 2011 15:15 GMT
#373
Been trying to play on hard and have realized its complete bullshit. The ai just pops 2 exp 20 stack samurai armies out of its ass and people I don't even have borders with declare war on me without breaking a single alliance and them not having allies I'm at war with.

I want Rome with the improved AI.
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
March 25 2011 16:14 GMT
#374
I've been having problems with formations. I form my entire army into a group and give them a formation. If I want them to move forward, I click something in front of me. However, if I don't click a spot that is right in front of the center of my army, the game makes my formation turn. Like if I click a forward spot a little bit right of center, the left side of my formation marches forward more than the right side.
bosnak
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada29 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 18:55:01
March 25 2011 18:51 GMT
#375
On March 26 2011 01:14 andrewlt wrote:
I've been having problems with formations. I form my entire army into a group and give them a formation. If I want them to move forward, I click something in front of me. However, if I don't click a spot that is right in front of the center of my army, the game makes my formation turn. Like if I click a forward spot a little bit right of center, the left side of my formation marches forward more than the right side.



U know where the dudes portrait is...?


Use that to move forward, it wont mess up formations

but yeah formations not as good as RTW, MTW and the original STW

Got to select tthem individual but meh

I want better Battle AI, waiting for the Mod Community, pple that do it for free make better crap then CA

On March 26 2011 00:15 Doko wrote:
Been trying to play on hard and have realized its complete bullshit. The ai just pops 2 exp 20 stack samurai armies out of its ass and people I don't even have borders with declare war on me without breaking a single alliance and them not having allies I'm at war with.

I want Rome with the improved AI.



I play it on hard and see no such thing. The campaign is just taking advantage of ur situation

I played Oda and manged to fight off 4 armies cause of Poor Battle AI

If you QQ about Hard, play it on normal

krazymunky
Profile Joined June 2008
United States727 Posts
March 25 2011 18:58 GMT
#376
i have yet to see any of these random full exp 20 stack armies appear out of nowhere on Hard difficulty.

at least its not like when you took over rome/vatican in medieval and then periodically have a massive 20 stack of fully armoured/exp pikemen and heavy cavalry army 'rebel'
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
MrHoon *
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
10183 Posts
March 25 2011 19:01 GMT
#377
I'm a huge Mount and Blade/Civ fan, but I've never played Total War

Will this game suit my tastes? Can't dl demo or play games till tuesday so I can't really try it out ;-;
dats racist
bosnak
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada29 Posts
March 25 2011 19:16 GMT
#378
On March 26 2011 04:01 MrHoon wrote:
I'm a huge Mount and Blade/Civ fan, but I've never played Total War

Will this game suit my tastes? Can't dl demo or play games till tuesday so I can't really try it out ;-;



Yes, only thing that sucks about it is the Battle AI, not as good as MnB
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 19:22:51
March 25 2011 19:22 GMT
#379
On March 26 2011 01:14 andrewlt wrote:
I've been having problems with formations. I form my entire army into a group and give them a formation. If I want them to move forward, I click something in front of me. However, if I don't click a spot that is right in front of the center of my army, the game makes my formation turn. Like if I click a forward spot a little bit right of center, the left side of my formation marches forward more than the right side.


these hotkeys will help you a lot:

' forward
/ backwards
L turn left
; turn right

just use them while a unit (or group of them) is selected

also, hold space bar down to highlight the location any unit will be after marching

On March 26 2011 04:01 MrHoon wrote:
I'm a huge Mount and Blade/Civ fan, but I've never played Total War

Will this game suit my tastes? Can't dl demo or play games till tuesday so I can't really try it out ;-;


i've played both of those games and enjoyed them and love total war games (have played all of them since rome except napoleon)

I think anyone who calls them self a strategy gamer would enjoy this game, but in the end it comes down to personal taste
bosnak
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada29 Posts
March 25 2011 19:24 GMT
#380
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 26 2011 04:22 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2011 01:14 andrewlt wrote:
I've been having problems with formations. I form my entire army into a group and give them a formation. If I want them to move forward, I click something in front of me. However, if I don't click a spot that is right in front of the center of my army, the game makes my formation turn. Like if I click a forward spot a little bit right of center, the left side of my formation marches forward more than the right side.


these hotkeys will help you a lot:

' forward
/ backwards
L turn left
; turn right

just use them while a unit (or group of them) is selected

also, hold space bar down to highlight the location any unit will be after marching

Show nested quote +
On March 26 2011 04:01 MrHoon wrote:
I'm a huge Mount and Blade/Civ fan, but I've never played Total War

Will this game suit my tastes? Can't dl demo or play games till tuesday so I can't really try it out ;-;


i've played both of those games and enjoyed them and love total war games (have played all of them since rome except napoleon)

I think anyone who calls them self a strategy gamer would enjoy this game, but in the end it comes down to personal taste
+ Show Spoiler +
+ Show Spoiler +
+ Show Spoiler +



DO you know the first person command?
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1123
RotterdaM632
SteadfastSC296
TKL 229
Rex134
CosmosSc2 39
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 632
SteadfastSC 296
TKL 229
Rex 134
CosmosSc2 39
ProTech33
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42141
Calm 2957
Shuttle 2458
Jaedong 1621
Horang2 817
actioN 572
Soma 508
Mini 449
Soulkey 444
Rush 391
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 347
Stork 345
ZerO 262
BeSt 244
Larva 230
Snow 187
Mong 131
firebathero 124
hero 115
Zeus 96
Mind 84
910 71
Free 64
Hyun 47
Yoon 44
sorry 43
Shine 42
Sharp 42
Shinee 36
PianO 33
Pusan 32
JYJ 30
ToSsGirL 29
Aegong 25
Sexy 25
Bale 23
HiyA 22
Terrorterran 20
Hm[arnc] 15
scan(afreeca) 13
Rock 12
Killer 12
Sacsri 11
Dota 2
Gorgc5476
Dendi1284
Counter-Strike
fl0m2242
Fnx 589
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King169
ChuDatz18
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko371
Other Games
singsing2229
hiko702
crisheroes508
B2W.Neo306
DeMusliM188
Khaldor188
Livibee183
Pyrionflax174
Liquid`VortiX147
Liquid`RaSZi111
dupreeh72
Trikslyr69
QueenE59
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1400
Other Games
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH231
• mYiSmile15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2112
• Jankos1586
• TFBlade593
• Noizen108
Other Games
• Shiphtur694
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 43m
The PondCast
19h 43m
INu's Battles
20h 43m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.