• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:24
CEST 21:24
KST 04:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7925 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 69

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 665 Next
Durp
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada3117 Posts
September 29 2011 05:11 GMT
#1361
On September 29 2011 13:07 bumatlarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2011 12:40 slyboogie wrote:
Tokens do die. They are marked for lethal damage, die, enter the graveyard and then are immediately exiled. They still enter the graveyard. Why wouldn't they?

216.3. A token in a zone other than the in-play zone ceases to exist. This is a state-based effect. (Note that a token changing zones sets off triggered abilities before the token ceases to exist.) Once a token has left play, it can't be returned to play by any means.


Wow, I never heard that, but I guess your right. I've always been told they were exiled when they were destroyed, but that makes sense.

When tokens die they do trigger 'hitting the graveyard' abilities.

Haven't played magic in a while, looked at new setlist and there are cards that put 13 zombies into play? Wow I've missed a lot.
SOOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOoo Many BANELINGS!!
akisa
Profile Joined February 2010
Jamaica98 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-29 05:26:30
September 29 2011 05:22 GMT
#1362
Didn't know there was a magic thread here. o.o Also happy birthday to Celerity (probably past by now, looking at the time, but eh.)
I'm gonna post a few decklists I've been working on here.
Esper control
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/inn-esper/
Reanimator/dredge mix (This still needs a lot of tweaking, hard to find the perfect mix of control and action (action being milling yourself, then again I could just go the dredge route and not interact at all)
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dredgimator/
UB Control, with a slight splash of white (for sb)
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/inn-ub/

I don't really enjoy playing the first one so much, it's very versatile though.
The reanimator list.. I feel reanimate isn't a deck right now, solely because there aren't any creatures that just literally end the game in standard (that are reanimate-able.) If blightsteel could last in the GY, or if rites was an instant, we'd be in business
The UB Control list is my attempt at porting my rl list into the new format, I splashed white mainly because UB can't really handle birthing pod, or artifacts (puresteel equips, more like,) so that new card is a pretty good beating, and may as well just throw in some timely's for good measure.
;-;
numLoCK
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada1416 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-29 05:29:51
September 29 2011 05:29 GMT
#1363
On September 29 2011 14:11 Durp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2011 13:07 bumatlarge wrote:
On September 29 2011 12:40 slyboogie wrote:
Tokens do die. They are marked for lethal damage, die, enter the graveyard and then are immediately exiled. They still enter the graveyard. Why wouldn't they?

216.3. A token in a zone other than the in-play zone ceases to exist. This is a state-based effect. (Note that a token changing zones sets off triggered abilities before the token ceases to exist.) Once a token has left play, it can't be returned to play by any means.


Wow, I never heard that, but I guess your right. I've always been told they were exiled when they were destroyed, but that makes sense.

When tokens die they do trigger 'hitting the graveyard' abilities.

Haven't played magic in a while, looked at new setlist and there are cards that put 13 zombies into play? Wow I've missed a lot.

Haha ya, this set is pretty wanky with the flavor.
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
September 29 2011 05:52 GMT
#1364
On September 29 2011 14:22 akisa wrote:
Didn't know there was a magic thread here. o.o Also happy birthday to Celerity (probably past by now, looking at the time, but eh.)
I'm gonna post a few decklists I've been working on here.
Esper control
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/inn-esper/
Reanimator/dredge mix (This still needs a lot of tweaking, hard to find the perfect mix of control and action (action being milling yourself, then again I could just go the dredge route and not interact at all)
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dredgimator/
UB Control, with a slight splash of white (for sb)
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/inn-ub/

I don't really enjoy playing the first one so much, it's very versatile though.
The reanimator list.. I feel reanimate isn't a deck right now, solely because there aren't any creatures that just literally end the game in standard (that are reanimate-able.) If blightsteel could last in the GY, or if rites was an instant, we'd be in business
The UB Control list is my attempt at porting my rl list into the new format, I splashed white mainly because UB can't really handle birthing pod, or artifacts (puresteel equips, more like,) so that new card is a pretty good beating, and may as well just throw in some timely's for good measure.


In UWB, Sun Titan s amazing, since he can grab back Liliana and Geist. That's crazy bang for you buck :D
Together but separate, like oatmeal
akisa
Profile Joined February 2010
Jamaica98 Posts
September 29 2011 06:09 GMT
#1365
On September 29 2011 14:52 bumatlarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2011 14:22 akisa wrote:
--text--


In UWB, Sun Titan s amazing, since he can grab back Liliana and Geist. That's crazy bang for you buck :D


I dunno, maybe I'm just used to 6 drops being more powerful than just recurring a 3 drop, I've been playing UB since paris so.. I'm just used to grave titan and wurmcoil, and sphinx, so I'm not too fond of sun titan. >-> Also by that point, bringing back liliana is more of a novelty than a necessity imo.
;-;
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-29 06:14:11
September 29 2011 06:13 GMT
#1366
Suntitans + Phantasmals = Massive Value.

UW Sunshine
+ Show Spoiler +

3 Sun Titan
4 Phantasmal Image
3 Skaab Ruinator
4 Blade Splicer
4 Fiend Hunter
18 Creatures

4 Think Twice
2 Forbidden Alchemy
2 Dismember
2 Divine Reckoning
4 Oblivion Ring
2 Venser the Soujourner
1 Sword of Feast and Famine
1 Sword of War and Peace
18 Artifacts/Sorc/Instant/Walkers

24 Lands


This is what I'm playing on friday at my FNM. Most everyone has been testing post rotation anyway so I'm sure people will have decks ready even if they don't want to play in the release tourny.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-29 06:21:44
September 29 2011 06:18 GMT
#1367
On September 29 2011 14:07 numLoCK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2011 12:27 DEN1ED wrote:
I don't see a problem with running a 2/2 split of doom blade and go for the throat. 95% of the time they are going to be the same but being able to kill grave titan and spellskite MD seems like a good idea. Sure, one of them might be better 55% of the time but I think they are so close that the flexibility makes up for it.

2/2 Definitely seems smart, or some kind of 3/1 rearrangement.


I think Doom Blade is just much better than GftT in this format, but even if it's not, one of them is better and that's the one you should play 4 of. Splitting 2/2 is basically admitting that you don't know your metagame and you're just guessing, unless you have tons of search, where the flexibility starts to matter. Sure it's cool to say "My deck has md answers to Grave Titan and Spellskite" but so what, you don't want your deck to be able to answer everything. You want it to be able to answer the most common things, more often. If Doom Blade is 5% better then you should play 4 of it and 0 GftTs, and put GftT in the board if you're that concerned over not having answers.

Again, the only time 2/2 would be correct is if you run the risk of 4 DBs being dead against the decks they're good against (like Dismember, the first two are good but the third is awful), or if you had enough search/looter-type effects to utilize your toolbox.

Edit: I should add after reading the post above me, splitting swords is silly for the same reason unless you have search. One of them is better in the metagame, pick it and play 2/0 instead of 1/1.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
September 29 2011 06:27 GMT
#1368
The sword split is mostly because I only have access to one of each. I'd rather them not be in the deck to be honest, but I'm stuck digging for cards now that I don't have wall of omens.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
September 29 2011 06:30 GMT
#1369
Sometimes people just split the difference on forums. 2/2 Doomblade/Go for the Throat and 1/1 Sword of Feast and Famine/War and Peace is just there to say...both are there. Slide out the GftT against Tempered Steel blah blah. On a forum, I read them as functionally the same. Basically, I'm saying that you're being kinda nit-picky.

Though, avoiding too many 2-ofs is good advice for sure. I find myself falling into that pitfall all the time.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
wassbix
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada499 Posts
September 29 2011 07:12 GMT
#1370
How much would it cost to get started in the new standard rotation? (online)

Used to play semi-competitively back in.... 2002 or 2003.... ;;

I'm guessing I'd have to build a pauper type 2 deck and grind it out in 4-3-3-2 (I think this was it?) for tokens/cards.

If anyone got tips or websites I can read upon I'd really appreciate it haha.

Tempered steel/arti deck cheap at all? Looks pretty promising for the upcoming standard from my brief study of the cards but I'm rusty as hell so I could be completely off.

An Old Friend showed me a pyromancer deck and it was insanely good and it sparked my interest in magic again (though he told me today that its rotating out and 2 important cards are being banned)
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
September 29 2011 08:26 GMT
#1371
On September 29 2011 15:30 slyboogie wrote:
Sometimes people just split the difference on forums. 2/2 Doomblade/Go for the Throat and 1/1 Sword of Feast and Famine/War and Peace is just there to say...both are there. Slide out the GftT against Tempered Steel blah blah. On a forum, I read them as functionally the same. Basically, I'm saying that you're being kinda nit-picky.

Though, avoiding too many 2-ofs is good advice for sure. I find myself falling into that pitfall all the time.


I dunno, I don't find it to be nitpicky, I think it's a basic part of deckbuilding that a lot of people get wrong, and so I'm trying to give you advice from the perspective of someone who has helped design PT and Worlds T8 decks, but suit yourself.

I actually think it's a lot more important of a concept than "Is Grave Titan or Consecrated Sphinx better in this slot?" since it applies to every deck you'll build.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-29 15:48:44
September 29 2011 15:45 GMT
#1372
On September 29 2011 16:12 wassbix wrote:
How much would it cost to get started in the new standard rotation? (online)

Used to play semi-competitively back in.... 2002 or 2003.... ;;

I'm guessing I'd have to build a pauper type 2 deck and grind it out in 4-3-3-2 (I think this was it?) for tokens/cards.

If anyone got tips or websites I can read upon I'd really appreciate it haha.

Tempered steel/arti deck cheap at all? Looks pretty promising for the upcoming standard from my brief study of the cards but I'm rusty as hell so I could be completely off.

An Old Friend showed me a pyromancer deck and it was insanely good and it sparked my interest in magic again (though he told me today that its rotating out and 2 important cards are being banned)


If you're very good at drafting you can do 8-4s and go infinite. If you're mortal like me, wait a few weeks after innistrad release for things to settle down, then find a deck that's winning 60+%. Find the cheapest of these decks, build it, and play in 8man constructed standards. You'll go positive, and you can use all those spare packs/tickets to fund your drafting/sealed play (which is where the real fun in magic is for me)

Edit: Oh, and no, not nitpicky.

Double Edit: In U/B I can see a 3/1 dblade/gftt split working if you have search available soon and in a way that doesn't fuck your shit up. Anything else 4/0 dblade/gftt is what I'd run in my meta (Vegas and Flagstaff). If mono black and the like are rampant in your area then yeah, I guess 4 gftt is more viable
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-29 16:48:05
September 29 2011 16:25 GMT
#1373
On September 29 2011 17:26 Cel.erity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2011 15:30 slyboogie wrote:
Sometimes people just split the difference on forums. 2/2 Doomblade/Go for the Throat and 1/1 Sword of Feast and Famine/War and Peace is just there to say...both are there. Slide out the GftT against Tempered Steel blah blah. On a forum, I read them as functionally the same. Basically, I'm saying that you're being kinda nit-picky.

Though, avoiding too many 2-ofs is good advice for sure. I find myself falling into that pitfall all the time.


I dunno, I don't find it to be nitpicky, I think it's a basic part of deckbuilding that a lot of people get wrong, and so I'm trying to give you advice from the perspective of someone who has helped design PT and Worlds T8 decks, but suit yourself.

I actually think it's a lot more important of a concept than "Is Grave Titan or Consecrated Sphinx better in this slot?" since it applies to every deck you'll build.


Looking at PVDRs list from worlds last year, he is running 2 disfigure and 3 doomblade. Sure this is slightly different since GftT hadn't been released yet and but you could still say that he should have figure out whether doomblade or disfigure is better. It seems like he settled on doomblade being better since he is running 3 vs the 2 disfigure, but then why isn't he running 4 doomblade and 1 disfigure?

Splitting 2/2 is basically admitting that you don't know your metagame and you're just guessing


I would say that not splitting is guessing at this point. Going with a 2/2 split is playing it safe. I don't see how you can be so sure of the metagame just after a set release to go 4-0 either way. Antonino De Rosa X-0d day 1 of PT Philly running a 2-2 split of IoK and duress. He wasn't guessing, he was playing it safe.
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
September 29 2011 17:16 GMT
#1374
On September 30 2011 01:25 DEN1ED wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2011 17:26 Cel.erity wrote:
On September 29 2011 15:30 slyboogie wrote:
Sometimes people just split the difference on forums. 2/2 Doomblade/Go for the Throat and 1/1 Sword of Feast and Famine/War and Peace is just there to say...both are there. Slide out the GftT against Tempered Steel blah blah. On a forum, I read them as functionally the same. Basically, I'm saying that you're being kinda nit-picky.

Though, avoiding too many 2-ofs is good advice for sure. I find myself falling into that pitfall all the time.


I dunno, I don't find it to be nitpicky, I think it's a basic part of deckbuilding that a lot of people get wrong, and so I'm trying to give you advice from the perspective of someone who has helped design PT and Worlds T8 decks, but suit yourself.

I actually think it's a lot more important of a concept than "Is Grave Titan or Consecrated Sphinx better in this slot?" since it applies to every deck you'll build.


Looking at PVDRs list from worlds last year, he is running 2 disfigure and 3 doomblade. Sure this is slightly different since GftT hadn't been released yet and but you could still say that he should have figure out whether doomblade or disfigure is better. It seems like he settled on doomblade being better since he is running 3 vs the 2 disfigure, but then why isn't he running 4 doomblade and 1 disfigure?

Show nested quote +
Splitting 2/2 is basically admitting that you don't know your metagame and you're just guessing


I would say that not splitting is guessing at this point. Going with a 2/2 split is playing it safe. I don't see how you can be so sure of the metagame just after a set release to go 4-0 either way. Antonino De Rosa X-0d day 1 of PT Philly running a 2-2 split of IoK and duress. He wasn't guessing, he was playing it safe.


Shot in the dark here. You do know you can't regenerate something that has been disfigured, but you can regen something that has been dbladed, right?

Maybe he wanted some regen protection in his deck that dblade doesn't provide.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-29 17:32:54
September 29 2011 17:28 GMT
#1375
I don't think you understood my post. I'm not saying PV is wrong. But saying "Maybe he wanted some regen protection in his deck that dblade doesn't provide" is like saying "maybe he wanted some black creature hate in his deck that dblade doesn't provide but GftT does."

And yes, I know the rules of the game.
Hikko
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1126 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-29 17:58:22
September 29 2011 17:28 GMT
#1376
On September 30 2011 02:16 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 01:25 DEN1ED wrote:
On September 29 2011 17:26 Cel.erity wrote:
On September 29 2011 15:30 slyboogie wrote:
Sometimes people just split the difference on forums. 2/2 Doomblade/Go for the Throat and 1/1 Sword of Feast and Famine/War and Peace is just there to say...both are there. Slide out the GftT against Tempered Steel blah blah. On a forum, I read them as functionally the same. Basically, I'm saying that you're being kinda nit-picky.

Though, avoiding too many 2-ofs is good advice for sure. I find myself falling into that pitfall all the time.


I dunno, I don't find it to be nitpicky, I think it's a basic part of deckbuilding that a lot of people get wrong, and so I'm trying to give you advice from the perspective of someone who has helped design PT and Worlds T8 decks, but suit yourself.

I actually think it's a lot more important of a concept than "Is Grave Titan or Consecrated Sphinx better in this slot?" since it applies to every deck you'll build.


Looking at PVDRs list from worlds last year, he is running 2 disfigure and 3 doomblade. Sure this is slightly different since GftT hadn't been released yet and but you could still say that he should have figure out whether doomblade or disfigure is better. It seems like he settled on doomblade being better since he is running 3 vs the 2 disfigure, but then why isn't he running 4 doomblade and 1 disfigure?

Splitting 2/2 is basically admitting that you don't know your metagame and you're just guessing


I would say that not splitting is guessing at this point. Going with a 2/2 split is playing it safe. I don't see how you can be so sure of the metagame just after a set release to go 4-0 either way. Antonino De Rosa X-0d day 1 of PT Philly running a 2-2 split of IoK and duress. He wasn't guessing, he was playing it safe.


Shot in the dark here. You do know you can't regenerate something that has been disfigured, but you can regen something that has been dbladed, right?

Maybe he wanted some regen protection in his deck that dblade doesn't provide.


Except that there wasn't anything relevant in Standard at that time that had regenerate.

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck_search_result.asp?Location=2010 Worlds - Top 8

Disfigure was pretty sweet for the Vampires matchup, as well as getting rid of elves in Eldrazi Green.

Both finalists ran plenty of 2-ofs There is no problem with running 2-of's, especially when you have multiple choices of cards that fulfill similar purposes.
♥
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
September 29 2011 17:34 GMT
#1377
On September 30 2011 02:28 DEN1ED wrote:
I don't think you understood my post. I'm not saying PV is wrong. But saying "Maybe he wanted some regen protection in his deck that dblade doesn't provide" is like saying "maybe he wanted some black creature hate in his deck that dblade doesn't provide but GftT does."


You make a good point there. Just seems like gftt is hedging to me and disfigure is not. No idea why.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
September 29 2011 17:45 GMT
#1378
On September 30 2011 02:28 Hikko wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 02:16 Risen wrote:
On September 30 2011 01:25 DEN1ED wrote:
On September 29 2011 17:26 Cel.erity wrote:
On September 29 2011 15:30 slyboogie wrote:
Sometimes people just split the difference on forums. 2/2 Doomblade/Go for the Throat and 1/1 Sword of Feast and Famine/War and Peace is just there to say...both are there. Slide out the GftT against Tempered Steel blah blah. On a forum, I read them as functionally the same. Basically, I'm saying that you're being kinda nit-picky.

Though, avoiding too many 2-ofs is good advice for sure. I find myself falling into that pitfall all the time.


I dunno, I don't find it to be nitpicky, I think it's a basic part of deckbuilding that a lot of people get wrong, and so I'm trying to give you advice from the perspective of someone who has helped design PT and Worlds T8 decks, but suit yourself.

I actually think it's a lot more important of a concept than "Is Grave Titan or Consecrated Sphinx better in this slot?" since it applies to every deck you'll build.


Looking at PVDRs list from worlds last year, he is running 2 disfigure and 3 doomblade. Sure this is slightly different since GftT hadn't been released yet and but you could still say that he should have figure out whether doomblade or disfigure is better. It seems like he settled on doomblade being better since he is running 3 vs the 2 disfigure, but then why isn't he running 4 doomblade and 1 disfigure?

Splitting 2/2 is basically admitting that you don't know your metagame and you're just guessing


I would say that not splitting is guessing at this point. Going with a 2/2 split is playing it safe. I don't see how you can be so sure of the metagame just after a set release to go 4-0 either way. Antonino De Rosa X-0d day 1 of PT Philly running a 2-2 split of IoK and duress. He wasn't guessing, he was playing it safe.


Shot in the dark here. You do know you can't regenerate something that has been disfigured, but you can regen something that has been dbladed, right?

Maybe he wanted some regen protection in his deck that dblade doesn't provide.


Both finalists ran 2 Consume the Meek/2 Doom Blade/2 Disfigure main deck. There is no problem with running 2-of's, especially when you have multiple choices of cards that fulfill similar purposes.


Wafo-Tapa was actually only running 2 doomblade and no disfigures but he was playing a total of 7 2-ofs and a 2-2 split of IoK and duress.
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-29 17:55:45
September 29 2011 17:50 GMT
#1379
guys you really shouldnt analyze older formats for this kind of stuff. really just use your head and test and see how stuff feels. disfigure was there against red and other aggro strats where the extra mana was a BIG deal.
so if you can test against the recent decks and be fast enough with 2 mana kill spells and w/e other goodies/tech new black/blue control decks have, you dont need disfigure. or maybe you have a good enough game 1 that you can just side them. or maybe you want to throw away game one(or hope they keep a particularly bad draw) and wreck them game 2 and 3.
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
September 29 2011 17:58 GMT
#1380
The argument of 4-ofs vs 2-ofs is just a general discussion about magic. Looking at older formats is perfectly fine.
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM928
TaKeTV 328
TKL 325
IndyStarCraft 202
BRAT_OK 97
ZombieGrub59
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 928
TKL 325
IndyStarCraft 202
MaxPax 177
BRAT_OK 97
UpATreeSC 91
ZombieGrub59
JuggernautJason54
Nathanias 28
EmSc Tv 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 680
ggaemo 167
White-Ra 151
firebathero 82
Barracks 61
910 50
Killer 26
Shine 25
Trap 25
yabsab 7
Dota 2
qojqva3656
Counter-Strike
Fnx 792
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0174
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9589
crisheroes1725
Liquid`Hasu1590
Trikslyr63
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4389
summit1g3323
singsing1387
Beastyqt801
shahzam435
B2W.Neo354
KnowMe126
ArmadaUGS109
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream422
Other Games
BasetradeTV220
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 18
EmSc2Tv 18
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 176
• Reevou 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 20
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• FirePhoenix11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade914
Other Games
• Shiphtur329
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 36m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.