• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:36
CEST 04:36
KST 11:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7122 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 556

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 554 555 556 557 558 665 Next
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
September 04 2014 00:54 GMT
#11101
It does suck as a spectator though. Doesn't bother me when I'm actually playing though.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
September 04 2014 02:24 GMT
#11102
On September 04 2014 09:54 DEN1ED wrote:
It does suck as a spectator though. Doesn't bother me when I'm actually playing though.


Until the slow play starts happening.
Get it by your hands...
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
September 04 2014 02:50 GMT
#11103
On September 04 2014 09:54 DEN1ED wrote:
It does suck as a spectator though. Doesn't bother me when I'm actually playing though.


I have to agree whole heartedly as I've lost my concentration staring at miracles decks top => shuffle => top => shuffle => brainstorm => etc...
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
September 04 2014 03:58 GMT
#11104
I dunno, I keep telling myself Magic coverage will get better and more interesting, but I get more and more bored watching coverage nowadays. I almost think it would be better if they just casted it from one player's perspective so we could have a little bit of surprise outside of the topdecks. Most of the time, the lines are so obvious the casters will tell us what will happen for the next few turns ahead of time, and sometimes just tell us who wins based on opening hands.

That plus having about 15% of the games decided by mana screw (which is a lot easier to tell is happening than mana flood) makes for utterly uninteresting and anticlimactic games in otherwise interesting series.

Fun to play, not that fun to watch for me anymore.
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
September 04 2014 04:15 GMT
#11105
On September 04 2014 12:58 deth2munkies wrote:
I dunno, I keep telling myself Magic coverage will get better and more interesting, but I get more and more bored watching coverage nowadays. I almost think it would be better if they just casted it from one player's perspective so we could have a little bit of surprise outside of the topdecks. Most of the time, the lines are so obvious the casters will tell us what will happen for the next few turns ahead of time, and sometimes just tell us who wins based on opening hands.

That plus having about 15% of the games decided by mana screw (which is a lot easier to tell is happening than mana flood) makes for utterly uninteresting and anticlimactic games in otherwise interesting series.

Fun to play, not that fun to watch for me anymore.


I listen to it like I do sports radio while driving. The only information I have is what the casters tell me and I get damn excited. But when I get home and actually watch whats on the screen, then yeah--boredom.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
September 04 2014 05:07 GMT
#11106
On September 04 2014 12:58 deth2munkies wrote:
I dunno, I keep telling myself Magic coverage will get better and more interesting, but I get more and more bored watching coverage nowadays. I almost think it would be better if they just casted it from one player's perspective so we could have a little bit of surprise outside of the topdecks. Most of the time, the lines are so obvious the casters will tell us what will happen for the next few turns ahead of time, and sometimes just tell us who wins based on opening hands.

That plus having about 15% of the games decided by mana screw (which is a lot easier to tell is happening than mana flood) makes for utterly uninteresting and anticlimactic games in otherwise interesting series.

Fun to play, not that fun to watch for me anymore.


It can't get better, the game itself really isn't that exciting unless you have a vested interest in the match up of either players or decks. Like I enjoy watching GWT play control, I enjoy Johnny Magic playing combo, and I enjoy watching any Japanese playing some off the wall brew in a new format. I don't think its the coverage's fault, the game if anyone has been playing the last few months has been literally a question of do you got the answer?
Get it by your hands...
RoieTRS
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States2569 Posts
September 04 2014 09:14 GMT
#11107
I started playing standard in may, and just now got interested in playing revelation control.
is there any chance Wizards will print a viable land-go control in ktk?
konadora, in Racenilatr's blog: "you need to stop thinking about starcraft or anything computer-related for that matter. It's becoming a bad addiction imo"
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-04 13:45:20
September 04 2014 12:00 GMT
#11108
On September 04 2014 18:14 RoieTRS wrote:
I started playing standard in may, and just now got interested in playing revelation control.
is there any chance Wizards will print a viable land-go control in ktk?


Hope to god no.

Also, I think there should be a rule against pile shuffling every time you search your library, or at least for it to fall under slow play. I have played against multiple people that pile shuffle every time they fetch something and multiple times between games. That needs to be against the rules.
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
September 04 2014 14:06 GMT
#11109
On September 04 2014 21:00 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 18:14 RoieTRS wrote:
I started playing standard in may, and just now got interested in playing revelation control.
is there any chance Wizards will print a viable land-go control in ktk?


Hope to god no.

Also, I think there should be a rule against pile shuffling every time you search your library, or at least for it to fall under slow play. I have played against multiple people that pile shuffle every time they fetch something and multiple times between games. That needs to be against the rules.


30 seconds is max time to shuffle. Bring a stop watch and say "you have 30 seconds sir" every time they start pile shuffling.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
September 04 2014 15:13 GMT
#11110
On September 04 2014 23:06 Thieving Magpie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 21:00 deth2munkies wrote:
On September 04 2014 18:14 RoieTRS wrote:
I started playing standard in may, and just now got interested in playing revelation control.
is there any chance Wizards will print a viable land-go control in ktk?


Hope to god no.

Also, I think there should be a rule against pile shuffling every time you search your library, or at least for it to fall under slow play. I have played against multiple people that pile shuffle every time they fetch something and multiple times between games. That needs to be against the rules.


30 seconds is max time to shuffle. Bring a stop watch and say "you have 30 seconds sir" every time they start pile shuffling.


I mean I mostly play FNM nowadays since there are only like 3 PTQs a year anywhere near where I am atm, and I'm not going to bust out a stopwatch at casual REL. That said, if pile shuffling rules were textualized people would start paying attention to them.
Gleen
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Brazil707 Posts
September 04 2014 15:48 GMT
#11111
Is there any group for serious practice in MODO? I used to train on 8men and DEs but Im short on money for tickets right now and tournament pratice is full of random decks..
I'm nowhere near good, but I still have fun playing with my probes
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
September 04 2014 17:12 GMT
#11112
Man, anyone else feel RUG is really getting shafted? It's my favorite color combination and so far the Temur cards have been shit. Why the hell is avalanche tusker a 3-color rare? That looks like a mono-green common to me... Not only does it not untap the creature like provoke did, but it can block any creature it wants. How did this card make it into the set like this?
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
September 04 2014 17:21 GMT
#11113
On September 05 2014 02:12 DEN1ED wrote:
Man, anyone else feel RUG is really getting shafted? It's my favorite color combination and so far the Temur cards have been shit. Why the hell is avalanche tusker a 3-color rare? That looks like a mono-green common to me... Not only does it not untap the creature like provoke did, but it can block any creature it wants. How did this card make it into the set like this?

not really?
Rattleclaw Shaman and Temur Ascendancy both look pretty strong, Sarkhan is on-color, and there's a lot of the set left to see; specifically we have yet to see Temur Charm or the clan leader.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
September 04 2014 17:25 GMT
#11114
Ya, Shaman is good but need stuff to cast with it. The ascendancy is pretty shitty seeing as how it does nothing when you play it. I guess I'm just more shocked at how a card like Avalanche Tusker could even be printed like that.
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
September 04 2014 20:38 GMT
#11115
Avalanche Tusker is an intro pack rare. Those are rarely playable. I think the Temur Ascendancy is great. Drawing cards and giving dudes haste is awesome in a midrange deck, especially since your only other 3 drop is Courser. Wasn't Fires of Yavimaya played in standard?
RoieTRS
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States2569 Posts
September 04 2014 20:43 GMT
#11116
Creatures are so boring I wish they'd spoil something cool other than Utter End which is p cool tbh.
Unless they spoiled a creature that was like 6/5 for 3 mana that would be exciting and new but tacking on haste or 'when this card attacks other boring creatures get boring first strike or draw a boring card' is so dull
konadora, in Racenilatr's blog: "you need to stop thinking about starcraft or anything computer-related for that matter. It's becoming a bad addiction imo"
annedeman
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands350 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-04 20:55:53
September 04 2014 20:47 GMT
#11117
On September 05 2014 05:38 Whole wrote:
Avalanche Tusker is an intro pack rare. Those are rarely playable. I think the Temur Ascendancy is great. Drawing cards and giving dudes haste is awesome in a midrange deck, especially since your only other 3 drop is Courser. Wasn't Fires of Yavimaya played in standard?

fires was the shit but had birds, lanowar elves(i think elves to but not completely sure anymore)(mystic does not fit the bill to play 3 coloured symbol spell) to often play it on t2, and the removal resistant blastoderm+saproling burst also synergized with getting haste as they were way undercosted(compared to other creatures at the time) due to the fading downside(somewhat mitigated by getting haste).

i would have a way better feeling about this card, if the mystic would have been a 1 mana 1/1 so you would have a reasonable shot of playing it t2 and crashing in with polukranos like creatures on turn 3 while drawing cards.
but i would not rule it out, depending how many relatively cheap 4+power creatures will be printed to support temur, i mean if most of your non mana creatures have 4ish power, both effects it offers are quite powerfull, i feel the card draw effect is sufficiently more powerfull then the land sac ability of the hammer of purpheros, but the mana is quite a bit harder
RAIN!!!, MMA!!,Innovation!!,Parting!!
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-04 21:10:35
September 04 2014 21:09 GMT
#11118
On September 05 2014 05:38 Whole wrote:
Avalanche Tusker is an intro pack rare. Those are rarely playable. I think the Temur Ascendancy is great. Drawing cards and giving dudes haste is awesome in a midrange deck, especially since your only other 3 drop is Courser. Wasn't Fires of Yavimaya played in standard?


Ya, but at least the other ones actually seem like they should/could be 3 colors. NOTHING about tusker is blue. It's just really confusing to me. As far as Temur Ascendancy, I can't think of any other card in standard that is playable that does nothing when you play it and has zero board presence. Fires WAS played in standard but that was about 15 years ago. Things have changed.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
September 05 2014 00:01 GMT
#11119
Hammer of Purphoros was played in standard not too long ago.
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
September 05 2014 06:00 GMT
#11120
For the first time ever, I bought an entire case of booster boxes. Here's hoping these fetches are good long term investments. Here's the way I see it. This new card face give them higher appreciate potential due to the fact that it's harder to fake them. Some of the fakes I've seen out of China are pretty good, especially two of the zendikar fetches. Of course they don't pass the light test, but I still feel like the new fetches will have more longevity against such threats to the market.

Anyway, I'm super stoked about this. I'm not really a standard player at all, and morph is a terrible mechanic (outlast seems bad too), but I think limited should be fun. It's looking better than Theros in terms of variety.
good vibes only
Prev 1 554 555 556 557 558 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings171
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 203
ProTech122
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 214
Terrorterran 16
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm243
League of Legends
Doublelift5846
JimRising 740
Counter-Strike
taco 274
minikerr53
Other Games
summit1g12017
C9.Mang0414
PiLiPiLi10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1202
BasetradeTV203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP185
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 24m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 24m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 24m
Replay Cast
20h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.