• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:56
CEST 11:56
KST 18:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12049 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 294

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 292 293 294 295 296 665 Next
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
February 07 2013 00:38 GMT
#5861
How do I go about getting this Momir avatar?
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
February 07 2013 00:43 GMT
#5862
On February 07 2013 09:38 NotSorry wrote:
How do I go about getting this Momir avatar?

Buy it. It was given out as a promo years ago and never again.
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-07 00:44:47
February 07 2013 00:44 GMT
#5863
On February 07 2013 09:43 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2013 09:38 NotSorry wrote:
How do I go about getting this Momir avatar?

Buy it. It was given out as a promo years ago and never again.

still not even sure how to buy things like that the client seems so counter-intuitive
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-07 01:22:58
February 07 2013 01:22 GMT
#5864
On February 07 2013 09:44 NotSorry wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2013 09:43 deth2munkies wrote:
On February 07 2013 09:38 NotSorry wrote:
How do I go about getting this Momir avatar?

Buy it. It was given out as a promo years ago and never again.

still not even sure how to buy things like that the client seems so counter-intuitive


Go to menu -> Marketplace -> Classifieds, search Momir vig avatar, bunch of bots should show up. Make sure your tickets are tradeable and they'll take them from you automatically.
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-07 02:17:00
February 07 2013 02:16 GMT
#5865
On February 07 2013 10:22 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2013 09:44 NotSorry wrote:
On February 07 2013 09:43 deth2munkies wrote:
On February 07 2013 09:38 NotSorry wrote:
How do I go about getting this Momir avatar?

Buy it. It was given out as a promo years ago and never again.

still not even sure how to buy things like that the client seems so counter-intuitive


Go to menu -> Marketplace -> Classifieds, search Momir vig avatar, bunch of bots should show up. Make sure your tickets are tradeable and they'll take them from you automatically.

what's a good price for it? Is there any popular price guide websites?
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
el_dawg
Profile Joined September 2011
United States164 Posts
February 07 2013 02:29 GMT
#5866
On February 07 2013 11:16 NotSorry wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2013 10:22 deth2munkies wrote:
On February 07 2013 09:44 NotSorry wrote:
On February 07 2013 09:43 deth2munkies wrote:
On February 07 2013 09:38 NotSorry wrote:
How do I go about getting this Momir avatar?

Buy it. It was given out as a promo years ago and never again.

still not even sure how to buy things like that the client seems so counter-intuitive


Go to menu -> Marketplace -> Classifieds, search Momir vig avatar, bunch of bots should show up. Make sure your tickets are tradeable and they'll take them from you automatically.

what's a good price for it? Is there any popular price guide websites?


I think you can buy a Momir event deck in the main store for $10. The avatars themselves are actually more expensive from bots (11-14tix). I gotta get into that format too sometime.
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
February 07 2013 02:39 GMT
#5867
cube is gone, i only use mtgo to cube.
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-07 02:40:32
February 07 2013 02:40 GMT
#5868
Do you just need 1 Momir or a 4set? Never heard of this format before.
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
Salivanth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia1071 Posts
February 07 2013 02:44 GMT
#5869
Well, as I mentioned, you don't actually need to play Momir at all. I actually don't like Momir: It's got a lot of luck in it, and Pauper is almost as cheap if you pick the right deck. I think I got my Stompy deck for 10-15 tix.

If you insist, it's a one-of. Basically, avatars are like hero cards in other games like the WoW TCG, wherein they give you abilities, and are always available. Momir Basic involves playing a deck with only Momir Vig and 60 basic lands. Essentially, both players make random creatures and fight it out with them. It's a pretty random format, but intelligent use of combat maths gives you an edge over time.

I still prefer Pauper as a start though. Much closer to conventional formats.
<@Wikt> so you are one of those nega-fans <@Wikt> that hates the company that makes a game and everything they stand for <@Wikt> but still plays the game <@Wikt> (like roughly 30% of blizzard's player base, maybe much more...)
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
February 07 2013 02:49 GMT
#5870
Is there a way to burrow cards from friends?
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
February 07 2013 03:00 GMT
#5871
On February 07 2013 11:49 NotSorry wrote:
Is there a way to burrow cards from friends?

You can trade with individuals, yes.

Alrighty folks. Time for me to embark on Modern PTQ adventure-time. I've narrowed my deck of choice to boros landfall, or this esper teachings deck that I really, really love. Piloting it is an absolute blast. Leaning teachings, tell me if it's horrible.

+ Show Spoiler +

Deck: Esper Teachings [image loading] [image loading] [image loading]

//Main
4 Creeping Tar Pit
4 River of Tears
1 Darkslick Shores
1 Watery Grave
1 Hallowed Fountain
2 Godless Shrine
4 Marsh Flats
1 Seachrome Coast
1 Isolated Chapel
2 Mystic Gate
2 Fetid Heath
1 Glacial Fortress
1 Plains
1 Swamp
1 Celestial Colonnade
4 Inquisition of Kozilek
1 Devour Flesh
1 Disfigure
1 Surgical Extraction
4 Path to Exile
1 Rest for the Weary
2 Snapcaster Mage
1 Sphinx's Revelation
4 Esper Charm
1 Vendilion Clique
1 Sudden Death
1 Slaughter Pact
1 Pact of Negation
4 Mystical Teachings
1 Cryptic Command
3 Supreme Verdict
1 Consume the Meek
1 White Sun's Zenith

//Sideboard
1 Rest for the Weary
2 Timely Reinforcements
1 Disenchant
1 Celestial Purge
2 Stony Silence
2 Pithing Needle
1 Fracturing Gust
1 Mindbreak Trap
1 Wurmcoil Engine
1 Baneslayer Angel
1 Negate
1 Mana Leak

[image loading] Display deck statistics
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
February 07 2013 04:11 GMT
#5872
I think you should take whatever you are more comfortable with. Those kind of decks work really well when you play them for awhile and know what your doing, and tend to fail really hard when you don't.
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-07 04:54:25
February 07 2013 04:47 GMT
#5873
What BlueBird said. Personally, I rather play something that I enjoy (but can also win) over something that I don't like (regardless of the win rates).

Really though, I get the feeling people are going with Pod decks.

Edit:

Also NotSorry, digging deep for cards are we?

(cookies for anyone else who gets this)
Get it by your hands...
el_dawg
Profile Joined September 2011
United States164 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-07 05:02:03
February 07 2013 05:01 GMT
#5874
On February 07 2013 13:47 Judicator wrote:
Also NotSorry, digging deep for cards are we?

(cookies for anyone else who gets this)


I get it, but I'm just a lurker.

@NotSorry, I'd second the recommendations to give pauper a try. You can get a deck for about the same price as a Momir avatar. Also, the format was just shaken up by the banning of empty the warrens, grapeshot and invigorate, so there's some new room for deckbuilding.
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-07 05:13:06
February 07 2013 05:09 GMT
#5875
I'd love if I was piloting the teachings deck and ran into a field of pod. Hasn't been problematic for me at all. The split second -4/-4 is so worth it over dismember. I was really questioning it but I've been loving it. A card I'd really like to find room for in the side would be spellskite. UWr hasn't been much of a problem either, but I've only tested vs more counter light versions. Tron bends me over and I've honestly just given up on the matchup. Eggs feels like a coin flip pre-board and in my favor post. Agro has been feeling like a free win if I get to turn 4, and burn is roughly the same unless they skullcrack my lifegain (which I have to fetch most of the time so they know I have it).

Thanks for the advice, guys.

Edit: Question. In the agro and burn matchups I've been using esper charm in the discard mode a lot of the time. Should I just go for the card draw? It really feels strong on t3 forcing them to lose 2 of their last 3 cards, though.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-07 05:53:53
February 07 2013 05:52 GMT
#5876
On February 07 2013 14:09 Risen wrote:
I'd love if I was piloting the teachings deck and ran into a field of pod. Hasn't been problematic for me at all. The split second -4/-4 is so worth it over dismember. I was really questioning it but I've been loving it. A card I'd really like to find room for in the side would be spellskite. UWr hasn't been much of a problem either, but I've only tested vs more counter light versions. Tron bends me over and I've honestly just given up on the matchup. Eggs feels like a coin flip pre-board and in my favor post. Agro has been feeling like a free win if I get to turn 4, and burn is roughly the same unless they skullcrack my lifegain (which I have to fetch most of the time so they know I have it).

Thanks for the advice, guys.

Edit: Question. In the agro and burn matchups I've been using esper charm in the discard mode a lot of the time. Should I just go for the card draw? It really feels strong on t3 forcing them to lose 2 of their last 3 cards, though.


Esper Charm depends on your read of the opponent, if you think those cards are spells, then yes it's worth it because it's effectively a life gain spell, if not then draw your card.

I am also more inclined to make them discard namely as setup for games 2 and 3 especially in the later rounds since the player skill is allegedly higher (emphasis on allegedly). The reason again is that you'll be pressuring them with the threat of Charm on 3 to strip away maybe 1 or more spells which is a big deal. So they have to plan their turns straight into your Verdict or give more information (like burning you earlier than optimal). Think of the Tragic Slip stuff we were talking about for this standard and this is similar; it's another line of play that makes those first 15 cards more difficult for them when they should have the most advantage.

Plus, somehow I doubt the majority of players know how to play around Mind Rot on 3 when piloting aggro, even though this is a terrible reason or line of thinking to do anything.

Edit:

I shouldn't have to say this, but the Esper lines also depends on your hand.
Get it by your hands...
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
February 07 2013 06:25 GMT
#5877
Got it. Thank you for the insight. It's always nice to feel like I'm making correct plays, but having someone explain their thought process is so beneficial.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
February 07 2013 06:34 GMT
#5878
thinking of playing UWR at a PTQ this weekend, not sure if I even want to go. Haven't had time to update the list for Gatecrash zzz
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
February 07 2013 06:48 GMT
#5879
So...
Shadow of Doubt is a thing... How have I never seen this card in all my searching for sideboard cards >.<
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
February 07 2013 08:12 GMT
#5880
I thought Mystical Teachings was already phased out by the very similar deck running Shadow of Doubt. It's an amazing card, works wonders against stuff like Pod, and can even act as a 2 mana cantrip land destruction against fetches.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Prev 1 292 293 294 295 296 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 230
ProTech24
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1201
Bisu 744
Horang2 732
Larva 615
Hyuk 491
Leta 228
Stork 225
Sexy 108
EffOrt 98
PianO 92
[ Show more ]
Zeus 91
Soma 71
Mini 68
Pusan 40
Killer 37
ZerO 32
Bale 25
sorry 24
Hm[arnc] 22
ToSsGirL 22
yabsab 19
Trap 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe415
XaKoH 341
League of Legends
JimRising 333
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1270
Other Games
gofns38804
singsing1224
crisheroes181
Mew2King136
ArmadaUGS57
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick560
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream155
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 32
• LUISG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6895
• lizZardDota2318
League of Legends
• Jankos1174
• Stunt1047
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
4m
Online Event
1h 4m
FEL
6h 4m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 4m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
INu's Battles
1d 2h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.