• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:28
CEST 09:28
KST 16:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10005 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 252

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 250 251 252 253 254 665 Next
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-18 03:50:09
December 18 2012 03:45 GMT
#5021
On December 17 2012 20:19 bobbob wrote:
What is the (now single) Smiter in there for? Board in vs decks playing Liliana?

I don't think you want to cut Liliana entirely, you might consider playing a mix of Thoughtsieze and Inquisition, though.

You could consider playing some o-rings out of the board instead of Pulse if S+T becomes a worse matchup.


Smiter is for the Hymn + Liliana decks, because the recent surge of BUG lists are playing a mixture of permission, hand disruption, and planeswalkers to win games (or cascading into Ancestral Recall, which I can't do anything about), and Smiter makes a good thing to deal with all 3 of those things. And there should be two Smiters in the SB, not one. I've thought about Thoughtsieze, just not sure where I can fit it in, maybe the sideboard.

O-ring I want to avoid, because of Abrupt Decay. Pulse can turn into something else, but for the moment I'm looking at Pulse as a general "kill this annoying thing and all copies of it" spell, but can see Pulse turning into Vindicate for the "Kill X annoying thing" option instead.

On December 18 2012 12:29 slyboogie wrote:

Also, not sure if you need Top and Sylvan Library. You're doing a lot with your mana to begin with and Top isn't going to be anything special in Junk colors. Library is redundant with Dark Confidant, though there's a synergy there. I dunno, I like Goyf over Top and maybe a miser Vindicate. Dunno, I never play Legacy without Blue.


The amount of times I've seen Bob die and non-blue decks lose to the lack of card advantage or card drawing is the reason for the Library. Deathrite Shaman is nice because it can mitigate some of the life loss, and Top is there for the times when I don't draw Library and instead get a Bob to stick around for more than a turn. It also helps if someone tries to use JTMS to fate seal me, where I can respond to the ability to decide what he is going to see, then change the top 3 around at the EOT.

And Top has been surprisingly useful at times too, because I can use it as a "Getcha" card by floating a removal card like S2P or Abrupt Decay around the top 3, and when I need to draw it, draw it on queue and kill something that is going to kill me. It's a bit of a fringe case, but I find that with the non-blue Legacy decks you really need to eek out whatever advantage you can get.

Also, for those curious: this list also tried running 4x Noble Hierarch and being light on removal spells, but I kept losing too many matches to the other fair decks.

I've tried running other useful/good equipments in the list, mainly the Mirrodin "Sword of X and Y" variants, but none of them have been as game-breaking as Batterskull and Jitte. It's getting to the point where I think I want to go 2-2 or 1-3 on the Batterskull-Jitte package, just so that I can get the full use out of all my Stoneforge's. The other option is to go to 3 Stoneforge and play a miser's copy of some other creature, or a 4th Bob.
Wegandi
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2455 Posts
December 18 2012 07:38 GMT
#5022
On December 18 2012 12:45 Kinie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2012 20:19 bobbob wrote:
What is the (now single) Smiter in there for? Board in vs decks playing Liliana?

I don't think you want to cut Liliana entirely, you might consider playing a mix of Thoughtsieze and Inquisition, though.

You could consider playing some o-rings out of the board instead of Pulse if S+T becomes a worse matchup.


Smiter is for the Hymn + Liliana decks, because the recent surge of BUG lists are playing a mixture of permission, hand disruption, and planeswalkers to win games (or cascading into Ancestral Recall, which I can't do anything about), and Smiter makes a good thing to deal with all 3 of those things. And there should be two Smiters in the SB, not one. I've thought about Thoughtsieze, just not sure where I can fit it in, maybe the sideboard.

O-ring I want to avoid, because of Abrupt Decay. Pulse can turn into something else, but for the moment I'm looking at Pulse as a general "kill this annoying thing and all copies of it" spell, but can see Pulse turning into Vindicate for the "Kill X annoying thing" option instead.

Show nested quote +
On December 18 2012 12:29 slyboogie wrote:

Also, not sure if you need Top and Sylvan Library. You're doing a lot with your mana to begin with and Top isn't going to be anything special in Junk colors. Library is redundant with Dark Confidant, though there's a synergy there. I dunno, I like Goyf over Top and maybe a miser Vindicate. Dunno, I never play Legacy without Blue.


The amount of times I've seen Bob die and non-blue decks lose to the lack of card advantage or card drawing is the reason for the Library. Deathrite Shaman is nice because it can mitigate some of the life loss, and Top is there for the times when I don't draw Library and instead get a Bob to stick around for more than a turn. It also helps if someone tries to use JTMS to fate seal me, where I can respond to the ability to decide what he is going to see, then change the top 3 around at the EOT.

And Top has been surprisingly useful at times too, because I can use it as a "Getcha" card by floating a removal card like S2P or Abrupt Decay around the top 3, and when I need to draw it, draw it on queue and kill something that is going to kill me. It's a bit of a fringe case, but I find that with the non-blue Legacy decks you really need to eek out whatever advantage you can get.

Also, for those curious: this list also tried running 4x Noble Hierarch and being light on removal spells, but I kept losing too many matches to the other fair decks.

I've tried running other useful/good equipments in the list, mainly the Mirrodin "Sword of X and Y" variants, but none of them have been as game-breaking as Batterskull and Jitte. It's getting to the point where I think I want to go 2-2 or 1-3 on the Batterskull-Jitte package, just so that I can get the full use out of all my Stoneforge's. The other option is to go to 3 Stoneforge and play a miser's copy of some other creature, or a 4th Bob.


Smiter over Wilt-Leaf Liege? Close call I suppose, especially for decks only running Shaman, Mystic, and Bob. Though, giving Shaman and Mystic +1 is imho, better than being uncounterable. (Though it is 4 mana instead of 3 if you happen to not get it onto the battlefield for free)
Thank you bureaucrats for all your hard work, your commitment to public service and public good is essential to the lives of so many. Also, for Pete's sake can we please get some gun control already, no need for hand guns and assault rifles for the public
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
December 18 2012 10:08 GMT
#5023
There's benefits to both Smiter and the Wilt-Leaf Liege. Smiter's main thing is it's uncounterable, and in a format of Force of Wills and Counterspells, that can be a pretty big deal. But it is within range of the Abrupt Decay, which is quickly becoming the new darling of Legacy.

Wilt-Leaf Liege is more expensive (4 vs. 3) and a bit more color restrictive (requiring a combination of 3 GW mana), and is counterable. In return though, it pumps my spirit tokens from Lingering Souls, Deathrite Shaman, and Stoneforge Mystic. And in the other creature decks that run similar cards, that extra +1/+1 can mean the difference between a stalled board and me keeping up the pressure with attacking. Plus, it avoids Abrupt Decay. It certainly might be worth considering, but I think it will depend more-so on how the overall Legacy metagame shifts. If people continue moving to BUG Control then Smiter and Wilt-Leaf Sage will get better (as the BUG Control lists tend to run counterspells and hand disruption). But if they shift into more of a BUG Agent or BUG Walkers deck (look at Gerry T's list or BBD's list from a few weeks ago on SCG) then those cards are not as good and should turn into something else.

It just might be that the Smiter is the "flex card" for the sideboard, where I can swap in other good cards depending upon the Legacy scene I am going to. If I'm expecting a scene full of combo and burn, they turn into Leyline of Sanctity's or Rule of Laws or RIPs. If I'm expecting a ton of creature decks, maybe they turn into Knight of the Reliquary or Path to Exile.
Sid(TB)
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States314 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-18 20:51:07
December 18 2012 20:50 GMT
#5024
ive tried looking online, but could anyone point me in the dirrection of a pretty inexpensive planeswalker deck, that is pretty good (dont plan to win tournaments just play with friends) that i can get started with on MTGO, and then build on the deck from there. i dont have alot of money, maybe 20$ + my trade tickets to try to get what i can. has to be a pretty effective for the cost deck though lol cause most my friends spend alot of money on what ever is cool >.>

i always thought blue or green decks were cooler in case that helps.
rEAdY tO bE iNfEcTeD?
el_dawg
Profile Joined September 2011
United States164 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-18 22:31:33
December 18 2012 21:57 GMT
#5025
On December 19 2012 05:50 Sid(TB) wrote:
ive tried looking online, but could anyone point me in the dirrection of a pretty inexpensive planeswalker deck, that is pretty good (dont plan to win tournaments just play with friends) that i can get started with on MTGO, and then build on the deck from there. i dont have alot of money, maybe 20$ + my trade tickets to try to get what i can. has to be a pretty effective for the cost deck though lol cause most my friends spend alot of money on what ever is cool >.>

i always thought blue or green decks were cooler in case that helps.


I'm not really sure what you mean by a planeswalker deck, a deck focused around planeswalker type cards? That would probably be pretty difficult to do for $20 considering planeswalkers tend to be relatively expensive individually. I assume your friends play standard. I don't have much experience w/ standard, but I think a deck like this would be a decent starting point.

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=51600

Take out the white cards and snapcaster and add in maybe some delver of secrets, talrand, sky summoner, another runechanter's pike or 2 and your pick of blue instant or sorceries (inspiration, rewind, more think twice, more counterspells, talrand's invocation, amass the components). Instants in general are way more valuable than sorceries in this type of deck, allowing you to choose whether to counter a spell or do something else with your mana on your opponent's turn. This deck obviously loses some of it's strength and consistency without the white cards, but it's most expensive card becomes about $1.50 and even then I think you may be slightly over the $20 limit. It would also be a relatively difficult deck to play (I'm assuming you are relatively new to magic), requiring you to evaluate what your opponents game plan is and manage your resources to control it. I think on an effectiveness per $ scale though it would be strong and definitely help you get better at magic in the process.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
December 19 2012 01:12 GMT
#5026
On December 19 2012 06:57 el_dawg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2012 05:50 Sid(TB) wrote:
ive tried looking online, but could anyone point me in the dirrection of a pretty inexpensive planeswalker deck, that is pretty good (dont plan to win tournaments just play with friends) that i can get started with on MTGO, and then build on the deck from there. i dont have alot of money, maybe 20$ + my trade tickets to try to get what i can. has to be a pretty effective for the cost deck though lol cause most my friends spend alot of money on what ever is cool >.>

i always thought blue or green decks were cooler in case that helps.


I'm not really sure what you mean by a planeswalker deck, a deck focused around planeswalker type cards? That would probably be pretty difficult to do for $20 considering planeswalkers tend to be relatively expensive individually. I assume your friends play standard. I don't have much experience w/ standard, but I think a deck like this would be a decent starting point.

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=51600

Take out the white cards and snapcaster and add in maybe some delver of secrets, talrand, sky summoner, another runechanter's pike or 2 and your pick of blue instant or sorceries (inspiration, rewind, more think twice, more counterspells, talrand's invocation, amass the components). Instants in general are way more valuable than sorceries in this type of deck, allowing you to choose whether to counter a spell or do something else with your mana on your opponent's turn. This deck obviously loses some of it's strength and consistency without the white cards, but it's most expensive card becomes about $1.50 and even then I think you may be slightly over the $20 limit. It would also be a relatively difficult deck to play (I'm assuming you are relatively new to magic), requiring you to evaluate what your opponents game plan is and manage your resources to control it. I think on an effectiveness per $ scale though it would be strong and definitely help you get better at magic in the process.


U/W flash is nothing without Sphinx's Revelation and that's at least $20 a pop alone. You cannot build a competitive deck for $20 and you can't build a planeswalker deck at all for that price given the cheapest planeswalker is around $4-$5 anyway.

If you really want to make a deck for cheap, consider going monocolored so you can skimp on the manabase and use midrange rares. You're going over $20 regardless, but it'll be cheap.

How cheap depends on whether you want to play Standard or just Legacy. You can build a really good mono green elf deck for cheap, though you'll have to skip out on a few of the combo-win pieces and lands like Gaea's Cradle.
Sid(TB)
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States314 Posts
December 19 2012 01:49 GMT
#5027
thanks for the tips guys
rEAdY tO bE iNfEcTeD?
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
December 19 2012 05:09 GMT
#5028
On December 18 2012 12:45 Kinie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2012 12:29 slyboogie wrote:

Also, not sure if you need Top and Sylvan Library. You're doing a lot with your mana to begin with and Top isn't going to be anything special in Junk colors. Library is redundant with Dark Confidant, though there's a synergy there. I dunno, I like Goyf over Top and maybe a miser Vindicate. Dunno, I never play Legacy without Blue.


The amount of times I've seen Bob die and non-blue decks lose to the lack of card advantage or card drawing is the reason for the Library. Deathrite Shaman is nice because it can mitigate some of the life loss, and Top is there for the times when I don't draw Library and instead get a Bob to stick around for more than a turn. It also helps if someone tries to use JTMS to fate seal me, where I can respond to the ability to decide what he is going to see, then change the top 3 around at the EOT.

And Top has been surprisingly useful at times too, because I can use it as a "Getcha" card by floating a removal card like S2P or Abrupt Decay around the top 3, and when I need to draw it, draw it on queue and kill something that is going to kill me. It's a bit of a fringe case, but I find that with the non-blue Legacy decks you really need to eek out whatever advantage you can get.

Also, for those curious: this list also tried running 4x Noble Hierarch and being light on removal spells, but I kept losing too many matches to the other fair decks.

I've tried running other useful/good equipments in the list, mainly the Mirrodin "Sword of X and Y" variants, but none of them have been as game-breaking as Batterskull and Jitte. It's getting to the point where I think I want to go 2-2 or 1-3 on the Batterskull-Jitte package, just so that I can get the full use out of all my Stoneforge's. The other option is to go to 3 Stoneforge and play a miser's copy of some other creature, or a 4th Bob.


It sounds like you're playing Top like a weirdo version of Brainstorm, in which case, wouldn't you enjoy U/W StoneBlade a bit more? Or Esper StoneBlade.

I think Sword of Light and Shadow is workable as a singleton, in terms of sheer power, it's not really in the "Feast and Famine" and "Ice and Fire" level but it gives good color protection and it's effects are reasonably valuable and grindy. Still, any equipment is a wildly distant third to Batterskull and the "first Planeswalker."

"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
December 19 2012 05:51 GMT
#5029
On December 19 2012 14:09 slyboogie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2012 12:45 Kinie wrote:
On December 18 2012 12:29 slyboogie wrote:

Also, not sure if you need Top and Sylvan Library. You're doing a lot with your mana to begin with and Top isn't going to be anything special in Junk colors. Library is redundant with Dark Confidant, though there's a synergy there. I dunno, I like Goyf over Top and maybe a miser Vindicate. Dunno, I never play Legacy without Blue.


The amount of times I've seen Bob die and non-blue decks lose to the lack of card advantage or card drawing is the reason for the Library. Deathrite Shaman is nice because it can mitigate some of the life loss, and Top is there for the times when I don't draw Library and instead get a Bob to stick around for more than a turn. It also helps if someone tries to use JTMS to fate seal me, where I can respond to the ability to decide what he is going to see, then change the top 3 around at the EOT.

And Top has been surprisingly useful at times too, because I can use it as a "Getcha" card by floating a removal card like S2P or Abrupt Decay around the top 3, and when I need to draw it, draw it on queue and kill something that is going to kill me. It's a bit of a fringe case, but I find that with the non-blue Legacy decks you really need to eek out whatever advantage you can get.

Also, for those curious: this list also tried running 4x Noble Hierarch and being light on removal spells, but I kept losing too many matches to the other fair decks.

I've tried running other useful/good equipments in the list, mainly the Mirrodin "Sword of X and Y" variants, but none of them have been as game-breaking as Batterskull and Jitte. It's getting to the point where I think I want to go 2-2 or 1-3 on the Batterskull-Jitte package, just so that I can get the full use out of all my Stoneforge's. The other option is to go to 3 Stoneforge and play a miser's copy of some other creature, or a 4th Bob.


It sounds like you're playing Top like a weirdo version of Brainstorm, in which case, wouldn't you enjoy U/W StoneBlade a bit more? Or Esper StoneBlade.

I think Sword of Light and Shadow is workable as a singleton, in terms of sheer power, it's not really in the "Feast and Famine" and "Ice and Fire" level but it gives good color protection and it's effects are reasonably valuable and grindy. Still, any equipment is a wildly distant third to Batterskull and the "first Planeswalker."




Sounds like he's just using it to control draws...Have you ever drawn an Elspeth or Batterskull off of Bob?
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
December 19 2012 06:01 GMT
#5030
Batterskull yes. Elspeth no. And, I mean, you only play freaking 1 Batterskull.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
December 19 2012 07:27 GMT
#5031
On December 19 2012 15:01 slyboogie wrote:
Batterskull yes. Elspeth no. And, I mean, you only play freaking 1 Batterskull.


it's still the worst feeling in the world when it happens.

Btw never play bob + steelshapers gift in modern.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-19 08:43:21
December 19 2012 08:41 GMT
#5032
On December 19 2012 14:09 slyboogie wrote:

It sounds like you're playing Top like a weirdo version of Brainstorm, in which case, wouldn't you enjoy U/W StoneBlade a bit more? Or Esper StoneBlade.

I think Sword of Light and Shadow is workable as a singleton, in terms of sheer power, it's not really in the "Feast and Famine" and "Ice and Fire" level but it gives good color protection and it's effects are reasonably valuable and grindy. Still, any equipment is a wildly distant third to Batterskull and the "first Planeswalker."



I have played UW Stoneblade and Esper Stoneblade, and I do enjoy playing as those decks. The problem though is I cannot mentally handle playing those decks for a REL tournament. For playtesting, sure, I can do that. But playing Stoneblade with Counterbalance + Top or UW Miracleblade for a prolonged period of time makes my brain hurt.

And yes, I would say I am playing top like a weirdo version of Brainstorm, or maybe as a Ponder without the shuffle effect.

The Sword of Light and Shadow I've tried before, but it just lacks the punch that Batterskull and Jitte have. The Swords I've tried in this list are Light & Shadow, Feast & Famine, and War & Peace. And of the three, only Feast & Famine seemed to be nearing the power level of the skull and Jitte. I've thought about trying out Body & Mind, but that seems bad when some decks actually want you to mill them, or I mill into an Emrakul or Progenetis. That's why I think I want to give a 2nd Batterskull a try; not many people expect a 2nd Skull, and it gives me 4 guaranteed fetches from SFM.
NeonFlare
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Finland1307 Posts
December 19 2012 08:42 GMT
#5033
On December 19 2012 05:50 Sid(TB) wrote:
ive tried looking online, but could anyone point me in the dirrection of a pretty inexpensive planeswalker deck, that is pretty good (dont plan to win tournaments just play with friends) that i can get started with on MTGO, and then build on the deck from there. i dont have alot of money, maybe 20$ + my trade tickets to try to get what i can. has to be a pretty effective for the cost deck though lol cause most my friends spend alot of money on what ever is cool >.>

i always thought blue or green decks were cooler in case that helps.


If you mean the Planeswalker mode in online, you have to purchase the base deck things, because you can't trade the gold border cards, though you should have some of them that came with your account, very limited selection but playable. I'd suggest against them unless your friends only play with them, the card pool is rather limited and there's extra one of a kind rules for some good cards.

I suggest playing standard instead, you can whip up casual decks rather cheaply (I tested very low budget BW tokens in standard and if you cut dual lands the cost it's something like 5-6 tix? Maybe bit more if you add some semi-cheap good stuff).
So depending on wheter you want to play few cheap decks and find what you like and build on that or know what you want and start building on straight away, it's your pick.

Also, go ahead and use your new player even tickets, you have 4 of them which are used under Limited Queues of Tournament section (or was it?), there are New player Phantom Draft or Sealed which you can join, you wont be keeping the cards but you can win current promo card if you beat 2 rounds. It's a good way to get introduced to limited formats.
The Great Taste
Profile Joined January 2012
389 Posts
December 19 2012 09:28 GMT
#5034
Day9 interview: http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/activity/1128

Highlights include "I'd tattoo a Wingcrafter on my arm. When I'm at the club, all the hotties will come up and say "Oooh what's the tattoo all about?" I'd reply, "I'm looking for a hunny to soulbond with. Join me, and you'll feel like you can fly."
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
December 19 2012 20:12 GMT
#5035
So I'm watching Dzyl draft cube and he actually opens this pack:
[image loading]
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Salteador Neo
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Andorra5591 Posts
December 19 2012 21:33 GMT
#5036
Holy shit lol :D What are the odds.
Revolutionist fan
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
December 20 2012 00:29 GMT
#5037
On December 20 2012 06:33 Salteador Neo wrote:
Holy shit lol :D What are the odds.


Actually pretty high; WotC is saying it is a collation bug that is currently being investigated, and they will probably be bringing down the queues while they fix the issue.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
December 20 2012 01:06 GMT
#5038
For those of you who don't understand from that screenshot (or never drafted a powered cube), the guy can pretty much blindly pick a card and it would be an easy first pick.
Get it by your hands...
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
December 20 2012 02:13 GMT
#5039
Lotus or Sol Ring, wheel timetwister - boom!
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
December 20 2012 03:17 GMT
#5040
It's Lotus by far, not even close.
Get it by your hands...
Prev 1 250 251 252 253 254 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1473
BeSt 286
Soulkey 152
Soma 145
sorry 116
Mind 71
Bale 26
ZergMaN 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm186
League of Legends
JimRising 603
Counter-Strike
edward85
Other Games
summit1g9173
Coldzera 694
WinterStarcraft688
C9.Mang0264
Sick178
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick719
BasetradeTV189
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2237
Other Games
• Shiphtur522
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
2h 32m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
4h 32m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 32m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 32m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.