• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:27
CEST 13:27
KST 20:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7980 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 246

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 244 245 246 247 248 665 Next
icedragon
Profile Joined August 2010
86 Posts
November 11 2012 04:19 GMT
#4901
Anyone have stomping grounds on mtgo they are willing to trade/sell?
How I mine for drones
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-11 15:27:42
November 11 2012 12:24 GMT
#4902
On November 11 2012 01:47 slyboogie wrote:
I'd play it off 1 Swamp. But I'm super greedy.

sideboard into 39 swamps 1 pack rat in bad matchups :<

Friend in top 4 of SCG Dallas with UWR draw-go, playing against Jund in semis soon. (edit: welp)

4-0-1 (ID)'d a draft at my LGS, 8-0 in games with UW. Isperia, 2x guildmage, 2x detain unblockable spirit, 5x 3-mana flyers, arrester, impostor, azorius charm, bounce spell, blustersquall. All rounds finished in ~20-25 minutes. Knightly Valor on unblockable guy was a beating, drew hella cards off flying Stealer of Secrets, fun times. Don't think I drafted perfectly, a few close picks I might have changed if I spent another 30 seconds thinking about them... but the deck played out pretty much exactly as planned, bunch of 2 power evasive guys bashing in and punish bad draws, tempo them out anyways if they have a reasonable start.
Too hard to get Izzet now, I don't even see Frostburn Weirds if I don't first pick them anymore lol.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-11 18:16:52
November 11 2012 18:15 GMT
#4903
So I finished at a 4-3 record at the GP before dropping, pretty well pleased with how I played.

The decklist I borrowed from my friend was not what I was hoping to play, as I couldn't get the cards needed to have the exact same 60, and most of the sideboard cards were not in the numbers I wanted but were things I could work with. For reference, I didn't get the second Welding Jar, so I played a Shrapnel Blast in it's place. The sideboard had more things to deal with graveyard hate and Eggs (2 Grafdigger's Cage and 2 RIP's) and less combo hates (only 2 Ethersworn Canonist).

Round 1 vs BUG Infect: 1-2 Loss

Very pleased with how I played this game overall, very interactive and a close one on both sides. Pretty much if he or my opponent didn't kill us on the winning turn, the other player was going to win on the crackback.

Round 2 vs Epic Experiment Storm (that sideboarded into Splinter Twin), Win 2-0

Very easy win, forced him to go off a turn earlier in game 1 and won because he fizzled on the Grapeshot storm off the back of an Epic Experiment, only able to Grapeshot for 10 total. Game 2 he sided into Splinter Twin and killed him before he had 4 lands in play.

Round 3 vs. RUG Delver, Win 2-0

Another very easy game, killed him with damage game 1, and shot him in the face with Galvanic Blasts game 2 to get the last points of damage through.

Round 4 vs. Jund, 0-2 Loss

This is probably the only round I wish I could go back to replay; game 1 I made a misplay and lost my dominant board position (3 goyf's at 5/6 vs. 3 Etched Champions) and couldn't come back in time to stabilize or win. Game 2 he turn 3'd a BBE off a turn 1 Deathrite Shaman, proceded to topdeck BBE the next 3 turns and just wrecked me.

Round 5 vs. UW Control, Won 2-1

Lost game 1 to Baneslayer Angel, won game 2 off the back of burn to the face. Turn 3 was a brutal one, having to fight through a turn 2 Stony Silence to come back and win. It helped that he was stuck on land drops for like 6 turns straight while I had time to draw into burn spells and basic mountains to shoot his face off.

Round 6 vs. Storm, won 2-1

Game 1 won easily, lost game 2 after he destroyed all theartifacts on my side of the field, twice. Game 3 I won on turn 3, when he was land screwed, kept a hand that could have turn 2 Empty the Warrens me for around 15 1/1 goblins.

Round 7 vs. Eggs, lost 1-2

Won game 1 on turn 3 after he tried to go off in response to me about to kill him. Games 2 and 3 I lost when I didn't draw any of my hate cards after aggressively mulliganing to 5 and 6 respectively, and the one card I did draw that slowed/stopped his combo he Echoing Truthed back to my hand when he was at 7 then took a risk and went off a turn earlier than he hoped and eventually was able to stabilize and win.
last.resistance
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada543 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-12 06:20:38
November 11 2012 22:54 GMT
#4904
Seven different archetypes in the Top 8 of GP Chicago. Not including Second Breakfast or Infect.

2x Lingering Jund
1x Affinity
1x UW Angels
1x Kiki Pod
1x Splinter Twin
1x RG Tron
1x Gifts Control

Edit: Both Lingering Jund decks won their quarterfinal matches. And their semifinal matches. Lingering Jund mirror for the finals.

And a 17 year old takes down the GP. Beats Utter-Leyton in the mirror with the deck Utter-Leyton told him to play. JUL still looking for his first GP win.

Double Edit:

The third set of RTR block has been revealed to be: Dragon's Maze.

What has that crazy Dracogenius gotten us in to now?

So this makes the three set limited format DGR, which is the reverse of original Ravnica block: RGD (because the last set is drafted first now).
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
November 12 2012 17:18 GMT
#4905
On November 12 2012 07:54 last.resistance wrote:
The third set of RTR block has been revealed to be: Dragon's Maze.

What has that crazy Dracogenius gotten us in to now?

a maze, presumably
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
November 12 2012 17:34 GMT
#4906
On November 13 2012 02:18 MCMcEmcee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2012 07:54 last.resistance wrote:
The third set of RTR block has been revealed to be: Dragon's Maze.

What has that crazy Dracogenius gotten us in to now?

a maze, presumably


Rofl
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
fifasnipe2224
Profile Joined January 2011
United States243 Posts
November 12 2012 17:37 GMT
#4907
Why should I draft on MTGO? Online the price for a draft is $14 (paid in tix and not including using booster packs) while at my local store FNM drafts are $11. Also MTGO cards are worth less than real paper cards. Besides the ability to use boosters in your entry fee, why should I pay more to draft on a system with less valued cards?
.:RoS:.
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
November 12 2012 17:50 GMT
#4908
On November 13 2012 02:37 fifasnipe2224 wrote:
Why should I draft on MTGO? Online the price for a draft is $14 (paid in tix and not including using booster packs) while at my local store FNM drafts are $11. Also MTGO cards are worth less than real paper cards. Besides the ability to use boosters in your entry fee, why should I pay more to draft on a system with less valued cards?


1) Your LGS is awesome. My drafts cost 15.
2) Convenience. Want to play a draft? Go for it. Anytime.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
last.resistance
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada543 Posts
November 12 2012 18:57 GMT
#4909
On November 13 2012 02:18 MCMcEmcee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2012 07:54 last.resistance wrote:
The third set of RTR block has been revealed to be: Dragon's Maze.

What has that crazy Dracogenius gotten us in to now?

a maze, presumably

Well played good sir.
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
November 14 2012 08:37 GMT
#4910
Oh baby...
[image loading]
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bobbob
Profile Joined December 2009
United States368 Posts
November 14 2012 13:07 GMT
#4911
On November 13 2012 02:18 MCMcEmcee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2012 07:54 last.resistance wrote:
The third set of RTR block has been revealed to be: Dragon's Maze.

What has that crazy Dracogenius gotten us in to now?

a maze, presumably

Could be Bolas, also an important dragon. Not necessarily Niv.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
November 14 2012 13:40 GMT
#4912
On November 14 2012 22:07 bobbob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 13 2012 02:18 MCMcEmcee wrote:
On November 12 2012 07:54 last.resistance wrote:
The third set of RTR block has been revealed to be: Dragon's Maze.

What has that crazy Dracogenius gotten us in to now?

a maze, presumably

Could be Bolas, also an important dragon. Not necessarily Niv.


Already announced in a Q & A that Nicol Bolas has nothing to do with Ravnica this time around and that Niv Mizzet is doing some sort of dangerous experiment that nobody quite knows what it is.

So yeah, it's Niv.
fifasnipe2224
Profile Joined January 2011
United States243 Posts
November 14 2012 17:45 GMT
#4913
Here and Here is my first Cube. I still need to add artifacts and multi colored cards. I have 5 x commons, 3 x Uncommons, 1 x Rare / Mythic Rare. Any thoughts or advice?
.:RoS:.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
November 14 2012 18:20 GMT
#4914
do you have budget or card availability restraints?
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
fifasnipe2224
Profile Joined January 2011
United States243 Posts
November 14 2012 18:43 GMT
#4915
Yes I do. LOW budget and a few of those cards are just in due to the fact that I already own them.
.:RoS:.
Zhou
Profile Joined February 2009
United States832 Posts
November 15 2012 16:01 GMT
#4916
Hey guys. Anyone have a couple of cards to start on -- or a whole deck idea to start up a tribal elf deck? I'd prefer if the cards could stay in the modern format. I have a couple of Nissa Revane's I kind of want to play around. Low budget, and obviously not too competitive, but fun and all that stuffs.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
November 15 2012 16:03 GMT
#4917
On November 16 2012 01:01 Zhou wrote:
Hey guys. Anyone have a couple of cards to start on -- or a whole deck idea to start up a tribal elf deck? I'd prefer if the cards could stay in the modern format. I have a couple of Nissa Revane's I kind of want to play around. Low budget, and obviously not too competitive, but fun and all that stuffs.


Just Vengevines, Ezuris and Eldrazi Monument your way to victory. Genesis Wave also. Or you can play combo elves.
Get it by your hands...
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-15 16:17:07
November 15 2012 16:15 GMT
#4918
On November 16 2012 01:01 Zhou wrote:
Hey guys. Anyone have a couple of cards to start on -- or a whole deck idea to start up a tribal elf deck? I'd prefer if the cards could stay in the modern format. I have a couple of Nissa Revane's I kind of want to play around. Low budget, and obviously not too competitive, but fun and all that stuffs.


To be honest, Nissa is really not where an elves-themed deck wants to go, but if you want to use them then that is fine.

The problem with Nissa is that she does some slow, grindy, not-very-powerful stuff into what should be an instant victory ultimate. However, Genesis wave does a reasonable facsimile of the ultimate without the virtual "Suspend 5" clause that nissa has.

However, for you I'd start with something like: 4x Llanowar elves, 4x Arbor elves, 4x Nissa's chosen, 4x Elvish Archdruid, 3x Eldrazi monument, 3x Ezuri, Renegade Leader. Then just search gatherer for modern-legal elves

A way to utilize the lifegain from Nissa would be sweet but I can't think of any really convenient ones in green. There is that crappy m10 enchantment that makes them lose life for every point you gain, but thats in black.

EDIT: you probably don't even want all 4 nissa's chosen. 3 should be enough to get you 2 activations out of Nissa regularly, and drawing a 2/3 for 2 with no abilities is so bad.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Zhou
Profile Joined February 2009
United States832 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-15 16:49:21
November 15 2012 16:39 GMT
#4919
Hmm... Okay. Anything I can use to replace those vengevines for a big creature pet?

Edit: On another note, it looks like Joraga Warcaller has a place in some decks too. Any opinions on that?
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
November 15 2012 16:52 GMT
#4920
Thragtusk? :3

Thrun, the last troll is OK (obviously not as a 4-of), or bloodbraid elf if you can cook up a red splash (although cascading into llanowar elves isnt exactly inspiring I guess). Regal force is a sweet one, but its not a 4/5 drop.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Prev 1 244 245 246 247 248 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ClassicLIVE!
ByuN vs Shameless
CranKy Ducklings147
SHIN 73
CranKy Ducklings SOOP52
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 304
OGKoka 270
ByuN 268
SHIN 73
MindelVK 18
Railgan 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68248
Calm 10798
Rain 2666
soO 981
Bisu 837
FanTaSy 788
BeSt 621
Stork 401
Soulkey 295
Rush 291
[ Show more ]
Soma 229
firebathero 203
Last 140
Snow 134
Mind 100
Light 80
Pusan 77
ToSsGirL 65
Shinee 47
hero 45
Trap 38
Free 37
Killer 31
Mong 29
Bale 29
Sexy 29
Sea.KH 29
Hm[arnc] 28
Sharp 24
zelot 22
yabsab 16
HiyA 15
sorry 15
Shine 14
Noble 11
Sacsri 10
scan(afreeca) 10
IntoTheRainbow 8
Shuttle 1
Dota 2
Gorgc6784
League of Legends
Reynor102
Counter-Strike
x6flipin938
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King85
Other Games
gofns31300
singsing2218
byalli628
Pyrionflax241
B2W.Neo117
Chillindude9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 112
• Gemini_19 7
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV537
League of Legends
• Jankos3595
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 33m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 33m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 33m
OSC
11h 33m
OSC
1d
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.