• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:45
CEST 18:45
KST 01:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9540 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 248

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 246 247 248 249 250 665 Next
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
November 18 2012 17:30 GMT
#4941
Really like the new Planeswalker: cheap, initially fragile, ultimate ability powerful but not OP (boardwipe = no creatures to benefit from the emblem), colors make sense, versatile for creatures. Reminds me a lot of the style of Ajani Vengeant, actually, despite the obvious color differences.
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
ugapa
Profile Joined September 2010
United States153 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-19 08:20:24
November 19 2012 08:18 GMT
#4942
So I never played in a legacy event of any kind whatsoever and barely know anything about the legacy metagame and was in the final round at SCG Seattle fighting to try to top 8. Only went there to play in the tournament with friends with low expectations. Sucks I didn't get there but I made it onto the stream in the last round of swiss playing Goblins vs. Miracles and I haven't ever played against miracles before. It was pretty nerve wracking being pressured to play faster when I have no idea about the matchup and the guy kept going on about how I took too long to matron. Got to show off the Dota 2 pride and did way better then I was expecting to do though so I can't complain although the last guy I was against was a douche. If I got first I was going to do either the kissing the trophy or MC's thumbs down
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/10841
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
November 19 2012 18:59 GMT
#4943
On November 19 2012 17:18 ugapa wrote:
So I never played in a legacy event of any kind whatsoever and barely know anything about the legacy metagame and was in the final round at SCG Seattle fighting to try to top 8. Only went there to play in the tournament with friends with low expectations. Sucks I didn't get there but I made it onto the stream in the last round of swiss playing Goblins vs. Miracles and I haven't ever played against miracles before. It was pretty nerve wracking being pressured to play faster when I have no idea about the matchup and the guy kept going on about how I took too long to matron. Got to show off the Dota 2 pride and did way better then I was expecting to do though so I can't complain although the last guy I was against was a douche. If I got first I was going to do either the kissing the trophy or MC's thumbs down


Grats on the high finish though. Always good to hear other TLers doing well
DCLXVI
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States729 Posts
November 19 2012 20:09 GMT
#4944
If an asshole keeps pestering you like that, one option is to tell him "Please stop talking during my turn, I need to concentrate and your words are not making this go any faster." He can always call a judge over if he believes you are stalling/taking way too long, but if you spend a few seconds explaining it to him he might back down and you can have a friendly game. Also you can ask for a judge to make him stop pestering you.
I can already see the ending
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
November 19 2012 20:27 GMT
#4945
On November 20 2012 05:09 DCLXVI wrote:
If an asshole keeps pestering you like that, one option is to tell him "Please stop talking during my turn, I need to concentrate and your words are not making this go any faster." He can always call a judge over if he believes you are stalling/taking way too long, but if you spend a few seconds explaining it to him he might back down and you can have a friendly game. Also you can ask for a judge to make him stop pestering you.


This is good advice, never let your opponent dictate the pace of the match.
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
November 19 2012 21:19 GMT
#4946
3-3 drop at the PTQ, dead in r6 of 8. Solid if somewhat unexciting pool where my best cards were GB guildmage, loltroll, stab wound, 3x auger spree.
Picked up my first loss courtesy of Angel of Serenity and was knocked out of the tournament by Pack Rat + Angel of Serenity =[
I feel like I played reasonably well for the day, not 100% sure I built the pool correctly (definitely screwed up my mana tho, definitely should have played an extra mountain over a swamp)... needed to mulligan some seemingly borderline hands, got a bit greedy when I didn't need to and got punished extremely hard. The worst bad beats are the ones that are your own fault!
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
November 20 2012 04:26 GMT
#4947
On November 19 2012 17:18 ugapa wrote:
So I never played in a legacy event of any kind whatsoever and barely know anything about the legacy metagame and was in the final round at SCG Seattle fighting to try to top 8. Only went there to play in the tournament with friends with low expectations. Sucks I didn't get there but I made it onto the stream in the last round of swiss playing Goblins vs. Miracles and I haven't ever played against miracles before. It was pretty nerve wracking being pressured to play faster when I have no idea about the matchup and the guy kept going on about how I took too long to matron. Got to show off the Dota 2 pride and did way better then I was expecting to do though so I can't complain although the last guy I was against was a douche. If I got first I was going to do either the kissing the trophy or MC's thumbs down


The person you played against is a regular SCG Open grinder, and he's been piloting that deck for like 6 months straight with almost no changes, so he knows the matchup a ton more than you, which is why he was being a douche and trying to make you play faster.

As a Goblins player, I can understand the situation you were under, especially if this was your first time going up against the Miracles deck. Memory serves you were given a warning for slow play but from what I saw you were not trying to play slow intentionally, you were just trying to think out what he could have and what the best line of play was at that time. And after the warning you did pick up your pace of play, it was just your opponent knows he can't win fast and he was trying to make you play faster so he could try to win. I suspect if he knew this was your first Legacy tournament (much less the first time vs. Miracles) he wouldn't have been as douche-y about it.

As for the spoiled cards, assuming they are real, I will probably pick up a playset of Aurelia and the Planeswalker if I can afford them; they seem very strong for Standard Constructed and good cards for EDH/Commander decks as well.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
November 20 2012 05:36 GMT
#4948
Aurelia no thanks, I would pick up a set of Mizzium Mortars soon though. Right now with the "smaller" guilds, 3 toughness is the hightide in standard, after Gruul and Boros, that could change.
Get it by your hands...
Rainofpain
Profile Joined December 2010
United States125 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-20 16:23:23
November 20 2012 16:21 GMT
#4949
PTQ on saturday, I need any advice and insight you guys have learned about it. This will also be my first competitive REL event, I have been coming in first every week at FNM this month and last month if that helps you give me any advice.
It`s hard to read bad players because they`re bad - Idra
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
November 20 2012 16:24 GMT
#4950
On November 21 2012 01:21 Rainofpain wrote:
PTQ on saturday, I need any advice and insight you guys have learned about it. This will also be my first competitive REL event, I come in first almost every FNM as well.


Be very careful with your deck registration, desideboarding, etc. Nothing sucks more than a game loss for an oversight.

I'm going to GP San Antonio this weekend because...well I live here. Might get lucky and steal some games.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
November 20 2012 18:19 GMT
#4951
On November 21 2012 01:24 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 01:21 Rainofpain wrote:
PTQ on saturday, I need any advice and insight you guys have learned about it. This will also be my first competitive REL event, I come in first almost every FNM as well.


Be very careful with your deck registration, desideboarding, etc. Nothing sucks more than a game loss for an oversight.

I'm going to GP San Antonio this weekend because...well I live here. Might get lucky and steal some games.

Too bad it's Thanksgiving weekend, else I would probably have made the trip.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
November 20 2012 18:55 GMT
#4952
On November 21 2012 01:21 Rainofpain wrote:
PTQ on saturday, I need any advice and insight you guys have learned about it. This will also be my first competitive REL event, I have been coming in first every week at FNM this month and last month if that helps you give me any advice.


Be uptight. That does not mean be a douche. I mean you to be more aware of your surroundings than at your FMNs. Shit gets stolen at larger events, things are taken more seriously at PTQs. Think through your plays before you play them. Nothing worse than just losing cause you were on autopilot.
Get it by your hands...
fifasnipe2224
Profile Joined January 2011
United States243 Posts
November 23 2012 02:20 GMT
#4953
Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 is on sale on Steam. 50% off, only $5.00
.:RoS:.
Rainofpain
Profile Joined December 2010
United States125 Posts
November 23 2012 13:58 GMT
#4954
Expansion pack is also 50% off making it 2.50.
It`s hard to read bad players because they`re bad - Idra
GiygaS
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada1043 Posts
November 24 2012 03:22 GMT
#4955
Hey everyone, I started playing magic a week ago now. I've been researching a ton, watching a ton of set reviews for all the sets in standard, reading articles, etc. Anyway, over time, I was building this deck, and then I went out and got the cards yesterday. I've been playing against my brother and my friends and have been doing very well, but I'm not sure how I would do if I go to an FNM or something. So can you guys give me some feedback on it?

Link to the Deck

It mostly starts off as a standard aggro deck with a bit of lotleth troll interaction with gravecrawler, maybe playing a rancor cause it gets sent back to my hand anyway if the creature dies. In the perfect scenario, I can get a corpsejack menace on the field and really start punishing my opponent, especially if I can use my Primordial Hydra alongside it.

Any help would seriously be appreciated.
AKA gigyas, gigas, giygas khan, giyga khan, giyga...
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
November 24 2012 17:33 GMT
#4956
Splash Red. Look up the recent GPs or SCGs for the competitive version of that deck.
Get it by your hands...
RealQ
Profile Joined March 2011
1120 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-25 05:17:44
November 25 2012 05:17 GMT
#4957
Just drafted some RTR http://i49.tinypic.com/116nhx3.png

Lets see if i can go without losing a game.




err its not the actual deck ofcourse, just what i drafted.
EMIYA
Profile Joined March 2011
United States433 Posts
November 25 2012 06:13 GMT
#4958
jace...you paid the miracle cost on the draft pack i see.
RealQ
Profile Joined March 2011
1120 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-25 07:02:30
November 25 2012 07:02 GMT
#4959
Foil jace even. + angel of serenity.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
November 25 2012 15:18 GMT
#4960
Scrubbed out of GP San Antonio because I did my decklist at home and realized after the tourney started I left 4 cards out of the maindeck (found them under my desk chair when I got home) so I got a game loss for that and was running a super sub-optimal deck. Not to mention I drew an average of 4 Arbor Elves/Avacyn's Pilgrims every game and never saw Sublime Archangel, Revenge of the Hunted, or even a T2 Smiter the entire tournament. I misplayed myself out of 1 game as well. Last minute singleton Resto Angel was clutch a couple times though, might have to look into a couple more.
Prev 1 246 247 248 249 250 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
Liquid`TLO 118
BRAT_OK 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26964
Leta 1083
Horang2 267
firebathero 173
Trap 151
Zeus 95
Hyun 69
soO 56
ToSsGirL 36
Bale 32
[ Show more ]
Rock 26
Aegong 24
scan(afreeca) 21
Bishop 16
Noble 11
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Dendi1239
420jenkins436
qojqva255
Counter-Strike
fl0m4700
Other Games
Beastyqt641
mouzStarbuck366
byalli267
KnowMe219
Hui .177
Livibee82
QueenE74
FrodaN13
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 64
• 3DClanTV 37
• Adnapsc2 17
• Response 13
• Hinosc 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach81
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• FirePhoenix10
• Michael_bg 9
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1670
Other Games
• Shiphtur588
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
16m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 16m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 16m
Patches Events
22h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
OSC
1d 6h
OSC
1d 19h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.