• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:00
CEST 13:00
KST 20:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9249 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 249

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 247 248 249 250 251 665 Next
520
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2822 Posts
November 27 2012 20:58 GMT
#4961
http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/other/11272012d

Cubes. With power.
Writer
fifasnipe2224
Profile Joined January 2011
United States243 Posts
November 27 2012 21:06 GMT
#4962
You dont get to keep the cards in the MTGO Cube draft, right? Dont you just win like m13 or RtR packs? Also what is the MTGO Cube entry fee?
.:RoS:.
Kinie
Profile Joined December 2011
United States3106 Posts
November 27 2012 23:16 GMT
#4963
I believe it's 8 Event tickets or 3 Cube tickets. If you win you get cube tickets and a pack of something (RTR I believe). The problem is it's horrible EV, like you don't even get enough cube tickets if you 3-1 to enter another Cube draft, you don't keep the cards and it's just not very well done overall.

Yes, Cube is meant to be fun, but do you really want to spend $8 to participate in an event where your only reward is something you can't use in any other format and a pack of cards that cost $3 anyway?
zhurai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States5660 Posts
November 28 2012 01:35 GMT
#4964
On November 28 2012 06:06 fifasnipe2224 wrote:
You dont get to keep the cards in the MTGO Cube draft, right? Dont you just win like m13 or RtR packs? Also what is the MTGO Cube entry fee?

- phantom event. so no

- first/second place gets 2 booster/1 booster along with the mtgo cube tickets (depending on the week for this next one, is like uzra block or masques block)

- ... all these information is on the site.... -_- go read it

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/other/11272012d
Twitter: @zhurai | Site: http://zhurai.com
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
November 28 2012 01:44 GMT
#4965
not a fan of power + sol ring in cube
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
fifasnipe2224
Profile Joined January 2011
United States243 Posts
November 30 2012 17:05 GMT
#4966
I drafted a lot during Zendikar and I recently started up on M13. Do you guys have any tips for RtR drafting?
.:RoS:.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
November 30 2012 17:14 GMT
#4967
3 power and 4 toughness are the benchmarks for creatures in this format.
Get it by your hands...
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
November 30 2012 17:15 GMT
#4968
On December 01 2012 02:05 fifasnipe2224 wrote:
I drafted a lot during Zendikar and I recently started up on M13. Do you guys have any tips for RtR drafting?


Have a plan (this applies to all formats, but still). Even if the plan is "5 colour good stuff" you need to pick according to that (value axebane guardian really high rofl). Also, don't be afraid to change plans in the first pack. Just because you opened angel of serenity, doesn't mean Azorious or Selesnya are open. Also, be aware what colour combinations are deep. In my experience Selesnya can support 3 decent decks assuming they make some small splashes, but even 2 heavy izzet drafters can starve each other. Think about why that teleportal tabled but the stealer of secrets is gone, etc.

Pretty much, just draft, I guess. RTR offers a lot of viable decks/strategies.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
December 05 2012 19:01 GMT
#4969
This is the most fun deck I've ever seen...must...build:
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/woo-brews-omnidoor-thragfire/
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
December 06 2012 05:05 GMT
#4970
On December 06 2012 04:01 deth2munkies wrote:
This is the most fun deck I've ever seen...must...build:
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/woo-brews-omnidoor-thragfire/


He's reaching now, aka trying too hard.
Get it by your hands...
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
December 06 2012 05:30 GMT
#4971
On December 01 2012 02:05 fifasnipe2224 wrote:
I drafted a lot during Zendikar and I recently started up on M13. Do you guys have any tips for RtR drafting?


I just take the best card of the guild I happen to have fallen into after the first pack. Everybody seems to think they're a 5-color control pro drafter. Then they play a guildgate on turn 4 on the draw and pass the turn with frown.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
lightrise
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1355 Posts
December 06 2012 05:46 GMT
#4972
On December 06 2012 14:05 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2012 04:01 deth2munkies wrote:
This is the most fun deck I've ever seen...must...build:
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/woo-brews-omnidoor-thragfire/


He's reaching now, aka trying too hard.


I actually played a deck similar back in the day. I used to collect puddinhead cards, which are cards designed by that artist. One of his cards was door to nothingness and troll ascetic at the time which i played both in my 5-color crazyness deck. Its a lot of fun to stop some standard decks at FNM with something like this. It also makes you play really well because you don't have as much wiggle room to fuck up.
Awesome german interviewer: "What was your idea going into games against Idra" "I WANTED TO USE A CHEESE STRATEGY BECAUSE IDRA IS KNOWN TO TILT AFTER LOSING TO SOMETHING GAY" Demuslim
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
December 06 2012 05:57 GMT
#4973
On December 06 2012 14:05 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2012 04:01 deth2munkies wrote:
This is the most fun deck I've ever seen...must...build:
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/woo-brews-omnidoor-thragfire/


He's reaching now, aka trying too hard.


Why do you think that? I've been watching his stream and it's a blast. So much fun. He's not out there proclaiming it as a T1 deck, he's saying it's a super fun deck that wins a surprising amount (it wins more than it loses, which is nuts to me)
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Aquadre
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia87 Posts
December 06 2012 07:18 GMT
#4974
I have got a PTQ coming up this saturday in Melbourne this will be my first magic event and I was wondering if you guys have any tips for me. What kind of strategy do you think I should be planning and what kind of things I need to look out for while building my decks.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-06 11:51:34
December 06 2012 11:50 GMT
#4975
On December 06 2012 14:05 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2012 04:01 deth2munkies wrote:
This is the most fun deck I've ever seen...must...build:
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/woo-brews-omnidoor-thragfire/


He's reaching now, aka trying too hard.


What's the problem with making fun decks that can do crazy things? Timmy dreams here.

It also shows that as long as you play Thragtusk and Sphinx's Revalation, you can play literally anything else and still win because both of those cards are so fucking nuts.
lightrise
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1355 Posts
December 06 2012 12:16 GMT
#4976
Just won my second draft or rtr. Its my fourth draft after a year and a half. Its a pretty fun format. Some people seem to get ridiculous decks and sometimes the packs are just ass.
Awesome german interviewer: "What was your idea going into games against Idra" "I WANTED TO USE A CHEESE STRATEGY BECAUSE IDRA IS KNOWN TO TILT AFTER LOSING TO SOMETHING GAY" Demuslim
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-06 14:14:40
December 06 2012 14:14 GMT
#4977
On December 06 2012 14:57 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2012 14:05 Judicator wrote:
On December 06 2012 04:01 deth2munkies wrote:
This is the most fun deck I've ever seen...must...build:
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/woo-brews-omnidoor-thragfire/


He's reaching now, aka trying too hard.


Why do you think that? I've been watching his stream and it's a blast. So much fun. He's not out there proclaiming it as a T1 deck, he's saying it's a super fun deck that wins a surprising amount (it wins more than it loses, which is nuts to me)


There's nothing wrong with fun decks, but honestly Ali Aintrazi already showed where 5c decks should go. He already has the Door to Nothingness in the board for particular match ups. Woo has a lot of just pointless cards for the sake of having pointless cards in the deck. I mean I would play most of Woo's decks any day, but this one is just tear down Ali's deck, put in "fun" cards (not Door, as Door is very hard to beat for some control decks) in place of functional ones.

Does look very fun to play though although if he was going do Omni, might as well put in Gisela and/or Worldspine over the Griselbrand.
Get it by your hands...
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
December 06 2012 15:06 GMT
#4978
On December 06 2012 23:14 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2012 14:57 Risen wrote:
On December 06 2012 14:05 Judicator wrote:
On December 06 2012 04:01 deth2munkies wrote:
This is the most fun deck I've ever seen...must...build:
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/woo-brews-omnidoor-thragfire/


He's reaching now, aka trying too hard.


Why do you think that? I've been watching his stream and it's a blast. So much fun. He's not out there proclaiming it as a T1 deck, he's saying it's a super fun deck that wins a surprising amount (it wins more than it loses, which is nuts to me)


There's nothing wrong with fun decks, but honestly Ali Aintrazi already showed where 5c decks should go. He already has the Door to Nothingness in the board for particular match ups. Woo has a lot of just pointless cards for the sake of having pointless cards in the deck. I mean I would play most of Woo's decks any day, but this one is just tear down Ali's deck, put in "fun" cards (not Door, as Door is very hard to beat for some control decks) in place of functional ones.

Does look very fun to play though although if he was going do Omni, might as well put in Gisela and/or Worldspine over the Griselbrand.


They're not pointless if they're fun. Gisela and Worldspine don't draw cards, with Gristlebrand, you can potentially draw then cast 7 cards off Omni.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
December 06 2012 15:40 GMT
#4979
On December 06 2012 16:18 Aquadre wrote:
I have got a PTQ coming up this saturday in Melbourne this will be my first magic event and I was wondering if you guys have any tips for me. What kind of strategy do you think I should be planning and what kind of things I need to look out for while building my decks.

which format?
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
December 06 2012 15:43 GMT
#4980
On December 07 2012 00:06 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2012 23:14 Judicator wrote:
On December 06 2012 14:57 Risen wrote:
On December 06 2012 14:05 Judicator wrote:
On December 06 2012 04:01 deth2munkies wrote:
This is the most fun deck I've ever seen...must...build:
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/woo-brews-omnidoor-thragfire/


He's reaching now, aka trying too hard.


Why do you think that? I've been watching his stream and it's a blast. So much fun. He's not out there proclaiming it as a T1 deck, he's saying it's a super fun deck that wins a surprising amount (it wins more than it loses, which is nuts to me)


There's nothing wrong with fun decks, but honestly Ali Aintrazi already showed where 5c decks should go. He already has the Door to Nothingness in the board for particular match ups. Woo has a lot of just pointless cards for the sake of having pointless cards in the deck. I mean I would play most of Woo's decks any day, but this one is just tear down Ali's deck, put in "fun" cards (not Door, as Door is very hard to beat for some control decks) in place of functional ones.

Does look very fun to play though although if he was going do Omni, might as well put in Gisela and/or Worldspine over the Griselbrand.


They're not pointless if they're fun. Gisela and Worldspine don't draw cards, with Gristlebrand, you can potentially draw then cast 7 cards off Omni.


I am not relying on a 7 drop and a 10 drop. His best line off of Omni with GBrand (sounds like a rapper name) is to get timewalk and Kessig them. So....why do that in a deck with 4 Ambitions? If you resolve Omni, you can Ambition a timewalk, Gisela/Worldspine them easy. Omni is only relevant if you are casting relevant cards and frankly banking on having 14 life with that deck isn't something I want to do. If I whiff on the first 7 then I am actually just stone dead.

When I was messing around with 4cc I did end up going 5cc and built something similar to Woo's list. In playtesting with 4cc, I ran into a Door deck (dedicated one at that) and the match up was difficult (or would have been) if I didn't have Drownyards and more Dissipates mainboard than the average control deck. So I moved into 5cc and messed around with cards I wanted to cast (namely Thoughtflare), found that 5cc has many lines of late game play (Door, Omni, Gisela/Kessig lines) and went from there. My personal playtesting stopped at a singleton Cyclonic Rift in that deck. Overloaded Cyclonic Rift off of Omni if you're holding a finisher is pretty much just game, better than Temporal in most situations.

I stopped touching that deck because the mana base was just god awful even with Lanterns.
Get it by your hands...
Prev 1 247 248 249 250 251 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM559
IndyStarCraft 144
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 559
Lowko411
IndyStarCraft 144
MindelVK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 5205
Stork 2065
Horang2 508
Jaedong 444
Soulkey 371
BeSt 304
Mini 278
Soma 268
Larva 248
Zeus 235
[ Show more ]
sorry 127
Last 108
Mind 99
ZerO 84
Hyun 77
Pusan 72
Sexy 47
Shinee 36
soO 25
scan(afreeca) 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 18
Sacsri 12
zelot 10
Dota 2
Gorgc3884
XcaliburYe214
XaKoH 177
canceldota55
Counter-Strike
byalli617
Other Games
gofns46214
singsing2008
Coldzera 690
Happy387
Pyrionflax250
B2W.Neo78
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV206
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 32
• StrangeGG 22
• Light_VIP 6
• Adnapsc2 2
• Gemini_19 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV329
• lizZardDota2205
League of Legends
• Jankos3617
Upcoming Events
Online Event
1h
AI Arena Tournament
6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h
Patches Events
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.