• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:35
CEST 16:35
KST 23:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9163 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 116

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 114 115 116 117 118 665 Next
CruelZeratul
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany4588 Posts
January 01 2012 19:32 GMT
#2301
Anyone knows if the channelfireball 10% sale ist still going on and if so how long until it ends?
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
January 01 2012 20:38 GMT
#2302
@shotcoder

Sounds like you are keeping bad hands. Theres a reason why people play gut shots. In either case, all esper lists are strong against control and terrible against mid range decks. Dismember is criminally under played in all control lists right now as is celestial purge

Usz is underwhelming outside of pristine control
Get it by your hands...
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-01 20:43:47
January 01 2012 20:39 GMT
#2303
I'm still going with the opinion that 4 days are just not necessary. Take out the marrow shards in your sideboard for more dismembers. Take out surgical extractions from sideboard, you should put at least one drownyard maindeck. Quite honestly if t-steel or red decks are currently popular where you are you should be packing some artifact removal in the form divine offering, and celestial purges for red/black decks.

Edit: Ninjaed by Judicator in the dismember/celestial purge suggestions.
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
January 01 2012 20:58 GMT
#2304
Alright so by the sounds of it I should remove the Marrow Shards, Surgicals, and Usz for gut shots and either purges, dismembers, artifact removal depending on what I plan on seeing? They aren't popular per say since we had 9 people at FNM and had a spread of 8 different decks.

I really feel the 4 days are necessary, maybe not all mainboard but definitely in some combination.

Drownyard mainboard too? Can you support the colors for it with 5 colorless lands total? What land would I drop?

I'm also questioning the effectiveness of ratchet bomb. I guess it's really good against UW delver but it just didn;'t do much for me in those match-ups I played.

My reasoning for marrow shards is it's just as big of a blow out as gut shot is against everything except delver...which I guess explains why I should remove it. lol
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
January 02 2012 02:35 GMT
#2305
I have no idea what your meta is, I play against janky shit in my locals so I run blade splicers.

4 Days are what makes esper better than solar in most match ups.
Get it by your hands...
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
January 02 2012 02:45 GMT
#2306
As for marrow shards, gut shot hits everything you want to hit without the attacking requirement which can be played around...

You have worry about doomed traveler, stromkirk noble, delver, illusions, birds and pilgrim, all of which comes under your counterspells and puts you in terrible lines of play if on the draw. The lack of combo in standard makes control decks like yours miserable.
Get it by your hands...
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-02 03:33:48
January 02 2012 03:31 GMT
#2307
meta where i am changes a lot. we have quite a few people that frequent PTQs and GPs and SCG Qs around. So they tend to flock to the best performing deck. after world's it was tempered steal and wolf run. I expect it to be Illusions and some other mid range deck now.

And really I'm not looking to beat the 8-12 players at FNM. Our store is running a tournament this month where he hopes to have 70+ people. It's going to be free, and the first place pay out is a case of Dark ascension. So I'm looking to beat them not the FNM crowd. I want the best deck that when I sit down to play 70-100 people I'll feel confident I'm running a good deck that will give me the best chances of Top 8ing without playing something mainstream.

I had that when I was running humans but I was constantly annoyed by the fact it had a horrible match up not only to T-steel but UW control. Which weren't highly played decks but they were the ones I ran into the most frequently because of standings and such.

Hell maybe I should just run pristine control and get over the fact I don't like it. Or even just UW or UB control. I'm just a huge fan of this decks versatility. And also the fact I want to participate in more PTQs this coming year than I did this year and even make it to 1-2 GPs I need to branch out my skills as a player which is another reason I specifically picked Esper. It's a difficult deck to not only build but to play. And like I said the deck felt fine, I actually blame horrible decision making, and inexperience with the deck as a huge part of the losses I had. I'll get there, I have a month of testing to find out.

Edit: I said it earlier, I don't want to be the stereotypical "aggro player". I've put up positive numbers with Big Red, Goblins, Kuldotha Rebirth, and Humans, Time to do something that requires a bit of thinking.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
January 02 2012 03:42 GMT
#2308
On January 02 2012 12:31 Shotcoder wrote:
meta where i am changes a lot. we have quite a few people that frequent PTQs and GPs and SCG Qs around. So they tend to flock to the best performing deck. after world's it was tempered steal and wolf run. I expect it to be Illusions and some other mid range deck now.

And really I'm not looking to beat the 8-12 players at FNM. Our store is running a tournament this month where he hopes to have 70+ people. It's going to be free, and the first place pay out is a case of Dark ascension. So I'm looking to beat them not the FNM crowd. I want the best deck that when I sit down to play 70-100 people I'll feel confident I'm running a good deck that will give me the best chances of Top 8ing without playing something mainstream.

I had that when I was running humans but I was constantly annoyed by the fact it had a horrible match up not only to T-steel but UW control. Which weren't highly played decks but they were the ones I ran into the most frequently because of standings and such.

Hell maybe I should just run pristine control and get over the fact I don't like it. Or even just UW or UB control. I'm just a huge fan of this decks versatility. And also the fact I want to participate in more PTQs this coming year than I did this year and even make it to 1-2 GPs I need to branch out my skills as a player which is another reason I specifically picked Esper. It's a difficult deck to not only build but to play. And like I said the deck felt fine, I actually blame horrible decision making, and inexperience with the deck as a huge part of the losses I had. I'll get there, I have a month of testing to find out.

Edit: I said it earlier, I don't want to be the stereotypical "aggro player". I've put up positive numbers with Big Red, Goblins, Kuldotha Rebirth, and Humans, Time to do something that requires a bit of thinking.


To me, its just better to play what you like. You will play better with a deck that you feel are more comfortable than with the deck that is the hot topic.
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
January 02 2012 03:46 GMT
#2309
On January 02 2012 12:42 amazingxkcd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2012 12:31 Shotcoder wrote:
meta where i am changes a lot. we have quite a few people that frequent PTQs and GPs and SCG Qs around. So they tend to flock to the best performing deck. after world's it was tempered steal and wolf run. I expect it to be Illusions and some other mid range deck now.

And really I'm not looking to beat the 8-12 players at FNM. Our store is running a tournament this month where he hopes to have 70+ people. It's going to be free, and the first place pay out is a case of Dark ascension. So I'm looking to beat them not the FNM crowd. I want the best deck that when I sit down to play 70-100 people I'll feel confident I'm running a good deck that will give me the best chances of Top 8ing without playing something mainstream.

I had that when I was running humans but I was constantly annoyed by the fact it had a horrible match up not only to T-steel but UW control. Which weren't highly played decks but they were the ones I ran into the most frequently because of standings and such.

Hell maybe I should just run pristine control and get over the fact I don't like it. Or even just UW or UB control. I'm just a huge fan of this decks versatility. And also the fact I want to participate in more PTQs this coming year than I did this year and even make it to 1-2 GPs I need to branch out my skills as a player which is another reason I specifically picked Esper. It's a difficult deck to not only build but to play. And like I said the deck felt fine, I actually blame horrible decision making, and inexperience with the deck as a huge part of the losses I had. I'll get there, I have a month of testing to find out.

Edit: I said it earlier, I don't want to be the stereotypical "aggro player". I've put up positive numbers with Big Red, Goblins, Kuldotha Rebirth, and Humans, Time to do something that requires a bit of thinking.


To me, its just better to play what you like. You will play better with a deck that you feel are more comfortable than with the deck that is the hot topic.


And I had that with humans until it got boring. Turn 1 doomed Traveler, turn 2 Honor, turn 3 crusader, turn 4 hero is only so much fun when you rely on that type of play every time.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
January 02 2012 06:06 GMT
#2310
On January 02 2012 12:46 Shotcoder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2012 12:42 amazingxkcd wrote:
On January 02 2012 12:31 Shotcoder wrote:
meta where i am changes a lot. we have quite a few people that frequent PTQs and GPs and SCG Qs around. So they tend to flock to the best performing deck. after world's it was tempered steal and wolf run. I expect it to be Illusions and some other mid range deck now.

And really I'm not looking to beat the 8-12 players at FNM. Our store is running a tournament this month where he hopes to have 70+ people. It's going to be free, and the first place pay out is a case of Dark ascension. So I'm looking to beat them not the FNM crowd. I want the best deck that when I sit down to play 70-100 people I'll feel confident I'm running a good deck that will give me the best chances of Top 8ing without playing something mainstream.

I had that when I was running humans but I was constantly annoyed by the fact it had a horrible match up not only to T-steel but UW control. Which weren't highly played decks but they were the ones I ran into the most frequently because of standings and such.

Hell maybe I should just run pristine control and get over the fact I don't like it. Or even just UW or UB control. I'm just a huge fan of this decks versatility. And also the fact I want to participate in more PTQs this coming year than I did this year and even make it to 1-2 GPs I need to branch out my skills as a player which is another reason I specifically picked Esper. It's a difficult deck to not only build but to play. And like I said the deck felt fine, I actually blame horrible decision making, and inexperience with the deck as a huge part of the losses I had. I'll get there, I have a month of testing to find out.

Edit: I said it earlier, I don't want to be the stereotypical "aggro player". I've put up positive numbers with Big Red, Goblins, Kuldotha Rebirth, and Humans, Time to do something that requires a bit of thinking.


To me, its just better to play what you like. You will play better with a deck that you feel are more comfortable than with the deck that is the hot topic.


And I had that with humans until it got boring. Turn 1 doomed Traveler, turn 2 Honor, turn 3 crusader, turn 4 hero is only so much fun when you rely on that type of play every time.


I got turn 1 doom traveler, t2 Intangible Virtue, T3 Midnight Haunting'd last night twice. I even had to O-Ring a doomed traveler once...
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
January 02 2012 07:21 GMT
#2311
I really want to build a deck around something stupid. Like Lab Maniac or Mindshrieker...or maybe glissa <.<
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-02 07:48:36
January 02 2012 07:48 GMT
#2312
If you want to do something ballsy try building jund control or some land destruction deck.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-02 15:52:15
January 02 2012 15:51 GMT
#2313
On January 02 2012 16:21 Shotcoder wrote:
I really want to build a deck around something stupid. Like Lab Maniac or Mindshrieker...or maybe glissa <.<


I lost (a game) to a guy with a Mindshrieker deck a few weeks ago. I believe it was Esper and it had 4 of all 3 of the Chancellors of every color, plus a Mimic Vat. Add in some card draw and Unburial Rites and you have a fun little deck.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
January 02 2012 16:14 GMT
#2314
There's a Glissa deck floating around online with Heartless Summoning with Perilous Myrs and Wurmcoils. I would just stick to with whatever you had to most playtest experience with.
Get it by your hands...
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
January 02 2012 16:29 GMT
#2315
On January 02 2012 16:21 Shotcoder wrote:
I really want to build a deck around something stupid. Like Lab Maniac or Mindshrieker...or maybe glissa <.<


BUG self-mill
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
January 02 2012 23:50 GMT
#2316
Just drafted a crazy R/G Werewolves deck, won the draft and had a lot of fun doing it.

+ Show Spoiler +

7x Forest
10x Mountain
1x Prey Upon
1x Geistflame
1x Reckless Waif // Merciless Predator
1x Gatstaf Shepherd // Gatstaf Howler
1x Darkthicket Wolf
1x Ashmouth Hound
1x Kruin Outlaw // Terror of Kruin Pass
1x Daybreak Ranger // Nightfall Predator
1x Ambush Viper
1x Kessig Wolf
1x Village Ironsmith // Ironfang
1x Orchard Spirit
1x Grizzled Outcasts // Krallenhorde Wantons
3x Brimstone Volley
1x Moonmist
1x Pitchburn Devils
1x Rage Thrower
1x Into the Maw of Hell
1x Crossway Vampire
1x Curse of the Stalked Prey
1x Tormented Pariah

Notable Sideboard:
1x Naturalize
2x Curse of the Nightly Hunt
1x Travel Preparations
1x Gutter Grime


Ended up playing 2 mediocre G/W decks (was overdrafted at the table, but one had Garruk and the other got a 3rd pick Geist-Honored Monk) and had a great 3 round match against the 2nd best Burning Vengeance deck I'd ever seen. Had T1 Reckless Waif 5 times out of the 8 games I played so had a bit of luck there. Terror just won games and T1 waif followed by T2 Curse of the Stalked Prey and T3 anything just decimated people. Underrated rare ftw.
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
January 03 2012 00:06 GMT
#2317
Wut the furk? That's super good. I think Curse sucks but doesn't matter on the play with a T1 Reckless Waif, I suppose. A lot of players don't even have a Turn 1 play, so Waif is quite good, regardless. I would play Gutter Grime though. Probably over...? Devils?
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
January 03 2012 00:33 GMT
#2318
I would have cut the Moonmist, it's so mediocre.
Get it by your hands...
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
January 03 2012 01:05 GMT
#2319
It's a really cute trick, especially in G/R and he has both wolves. I think it's synergistic enough with what he has.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-03 01:09:53
January 03 2012 01:07 GMT
#2320
On January 03 2012 09:06 slyboogie wrote:
Wut the furk? That's super good. I think Curse sucks but doesn't matter on the play with a T1 Reckless Waif, I suppose. A lot of players don't even have a Turn 1 play, so Waif is quite good, regardless. I would play Gutter Grime though. Probably over...? Devils?

I sided it in vs the Vengeance guy because he had infinite removal and Blasphemous act. All of the other games were kind of them durdling and me playing dudes. I'm not a huge fan of the grime in that deck because he's 5 mana and all of my guys are quite resilient.

Curse of the Stalked Prey is absolutely excellent in 1 of 2 decks:

1) Werewolves/large midrange creatures - It forces them to chump with their little guys or your big guys get unreasonably large. That's what happened in several games. He had to chump with a pilgrim or my wolf was going to get 4/4 (6/6 if I pump) and forced 2 Festerhide Boars to chump my Ironfang twice.

2) Evasion.dek - R/W mostly, but R/U gets honorable mention. T2 curse followed by T3 Midnight Haunting on his end step is the nuts. I have done this before too.

I will acknowledge it sets you behind if you're playing a tempo deck or a straight burn deck, which are the decks people try to force it into, and that's why it doesn't work.

Still, at 6th pick, it's quite an excellent pickup.

Also, don't play moonmist with 5 or less wolves. I had ~7 (without double checking the list). Most of the time when I used it, I flipped an Ironsmith + Shepherd, but there was one game I flipped over an Outlaw, Ironsmith, and Outcasts in the same turn. He flipped them back with double travel prep, but I just shipped the turn and he lost in short order.
Prev 1 114 115 116 117 118 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 42
CosmosSc2 36
trigger 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53008
Shuttle 9451
FanTaSy 1737
BeSt 660
Horang2 490
Larva 150
Soma 145
Sexy 144
Last 115
Mind 102
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 93
Pusan 83
Zeus 77
Hyun 64
hero 62
Sea.KH 57
Killer 52
Aegong 47
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 25
PianO 22
Rock 17
NaDa 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc4910
qojqva2248
Dendi1456
420jenkins522
Fuzer 9
Counter-Strike
fl0m3135
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor938
Liquid`Hasu714
Other Games
B2W.Neo860
Beastyqt710
Mlord455
byalli393
Livibee215
Hui .197
ArmadaUGS139
KnowMe91
QueenE66
Mew2King63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick704
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1203
League of Legends
• Nemesis3489
Other Games
• WagamamaTV185
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
25m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 25m
Replay Cast
8h 25m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 25m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
20h 25m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 20h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.