• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:56
CEST 18:56
KST 01:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)71Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8019 users

So I just installed Baldur's Gate II - Page 77

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 80 Next
Striker.superfreunde
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany1120 Posts
October 28 2014 22:25 GMT
#1521
Dunno what happend lol
I guess it started in friendly arm. Had some trouble to beat the magican in front of the inn... so i killed, step by step, everyone in advance to gain a favour in the actual fight....
Haven't a clue if the mayor is hostile or not. I don't get to him at all. Shit.
hmm. Maybe i start the a new game. I also somehow lost the hidden ring in the friendly arm area which is worth 9k...
'Your ak is pretty... uhm... dank!'
Immersion_
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom794 Posts
October 28 2014 22:52 GMT
#1522
You mean you killed all the commoners at the Friendly Arm? They give like 3 exp :p
http://www.twitch.tv/sybar1te Sybarite#2581 - add me for Heroes games. .Play Hots and Overwatch currently. Feel free to add.
RagequitBM
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada2270 Posts
October 28 2014 23:35 GMT
#1523
But killing everyone in the friendly arm inn makes that fight harder. The guards help you fight him if they see it
Twitch.tv/Ragequitbm for all the fans
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12016 Posts
October 29 2014 08:07 GMT
#1524
Yeah, having a reputation for killing everyone in sight might make guards attack you. Who would have thought.
Striker.superfreunde
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany1120 Posts
October 29 2014 20:53 GMT
#1525
I killed two or three guys in front of the inn, because i thought they were the magican, and i could gain the edge i needed to take him down, if i hit first lol...
My reputation is at 3 and i was able to raise it through donations to 13 (!) (popular) but it doesn't matter. The guards still attacking my group.
Maybe it's possible to skip neshkal as such, and keep going on?! But i`m not sure if it's possible to ignore that area like.. forever.
'Your ak is pretty... uhm... dank!'
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-30 16:09:30
October 29 2014 21:23 GMT
#1526
Friendly arms inn can be ignored. Just head south to Naskell and if people are not attacking you in other towns it will be ok
Striker.superfreunde
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany1120 Posts
October 29 2014 21:32 GMT
#1527
Other towns are save so far. I am only concerned that i have to go to neshkal because the main quest forces me to. Would be sad to invest another couple of hours only to see my group disband.
Thanks mate. The journey will go on
'Your ak is pretty... uhm... dank!'
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
October 29 2014 21:56 GMT
#1528
AH SURVE THA FLAAAMIN FIYUST!

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system.
kaleidoscope
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Singapore2887 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-31 00:35:07
October 30 2014 11:36 GMT
#1529
edit:

are there difference between the iOS and the PC version?
대지따라 돌린게 시간이다.. 흘러가고 돌아오지도 않고..
iFU.pauline
Profile Joined September 2009
France1774 Posts
October 30 2014 17:27 GMT
#1530
Today Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition has been released. With 2 new kits for priest. Tyr and Tempus.

http://www.icewinddale.com/
No coward soul is mine, No trembler in the world's storm-troubled sphere, I see Heaven's glories shine, And Faith shines equal arming me from Fear
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
November 01 2014 08:53 GMT
#1531
Yes. I made a six man party (paladin, priest of tempus, blade, shadowdancer, sorcerer and archer) and started adventuring. Forgot how nice IWD was. Didn't play it after I finished it when it originally came out.
Andre
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Slovenia3523 Posts
November 01 2014 09:18 GMT
#1532
IWD1 has some of the best scenes in IE games.

It's very combat focused game but there's still some good lore bits, especially towards the end.
You must gather your party before venturing forth.
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
December 16 2014 16:58 GMT
#1533
New patch for BG2EE today I so hyped for the multiplayer fixes!
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
OsaX Nymloth
Profile Joined March 2013
Poland3244 Posts
December 16 2014 17:01 GMT
#1534
On November 01 2014 17:53 -Archangel- wrote:
Yes. I made a six man party (paladin, priest of tempus, blade, shadowdancer, sorcerer and archer) and started adventuring. Forgot how nice IWD was. Didn't play it after I finished it when it originally came out.


Actually I would advice trying to go for some... challenge in Icewind Dale!

Start in Heart of Fury mode. From lvl 1. Solo.

It's 100% possible, super hard especially at the beginning, but damn if it's not fun :D
Twitter: @osaxnymloth
REDBLUEGREEN
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Germany1904 Posts
December 17 2014 00:42 GMT
#1535
I recently read about the IWD EE release and finally decided to play all these classic RPG games; BG1&2, IWD1&2 and NWN1&2.

So to start things of I read a little bit about the different classes and their strength and weaknesses in guides and forums.
I always heard BG was the best RPG of all time and so forth but it turns out all class discussions basically assume you are a hardcore powergamer and you will play the most gifted übermensch sterotypical archetype character with max strength, dexterity, constitution and maybe a forth stat too.

OK whatever I thought, I will just disregard all that and create my own realistic character that I can actually roleplay. However I had immense difficulty creating my character because the class system is so restrictive and almost forces you to make gimped unrealistic archetype characters. You want to roleplay a Barbarian that is quite intelligent and wise? Well it seems there is almost no benefit at all in the game mechanics for a Barbarian to have any intelligence or wisdom...Oh and apparently in all his years in the wildernis he never had to hunt either because he never learned to sneak and somehow will never be able to learn it. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

I ended up creating a Human shapeshifter druid that is standing in front of the gates of Baldurs Gate right now and has explored most of the territories outside of it.

The game is still fun, I like the complexity and amount of abilities and spells and exploring the world and of course finding nice loot. Some areas are really lovely like the Gnoll stronghold or the halfling village. The story so far seems to be okay, too.
As a roleplaying game however I think Arcanum or Morrowind/TES are far superior because in those games it actually makes sense to create relateable and realistic characters that you can roleplay and you don't have nonsensical rules and restrictions that really break immersion and hinder roleplaying.
Kevin_Sorbo
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada3217 Posts
December 17 2014 02:52 GMT
#1536
On October 30 2014 06:56 deth2munkies wrote:
AH SURVE THA FLAAAMIN FIYUST!

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system.

ILL TEST YOUR METTLE WITH COLD STEEL!


those games are so good.

love to see that thread pop once in a while!
The mind is like a parachute, it doesnt work unless its open. - Zappa
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-17 03:27:10
December 17 2014 03:25 GMT
#1537
On December 17 2014 09:42 REDBLUEGREEN wrote:
I recently read about the IWD EE release and finally decided to play all these classic RPG games; BG1&2, IWD1&2 and NWN1&2.

So to start things of I read a little bit about the different classes and their strength and weaknesses in guides and forums.
I always heard BG was the best RPG of all time and so forth but it turns out all class discussions basically assume you are a hardcore powergamer and you will play the most gifted übermensch sterotypical archetype character with max strength, dexterity, constitution and maybe a forth stat too.

OK whatever I thought, I will just disregard all that and create my own realistic character that I can actually roleplay. However I had immense difficulty creating my character because the class system is so restrictive and almost forces you to make gimped unrealistic archetype characters. You want to roleplay a Barbarian that is quite intelligent and wise? Well it seems there is almost no benefit at all in the game mechanics for a Barbarian to have any intelligence or wisdom...Oh and apparently in all his years in the wildernis he never had to hunt either because he never learned to sneak and somehow will never be able to learn it. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

I ended up creating a Human shapeshifter druid that is standing in front of the gates of Baldurs Gate right now and has explored most of the territories outside of it.

The game is still fun, I like the complexity and amount of abilities and spells and exploring the world and of course finding nice loot. Some areas are really lovely like the Gnoll stronghold or the halfling village. The story so far seems to be okay, too.
As a roleplaying game however I think Arcanum or Morrowind/TES are far superior because in those games it actually makes sense to create relateable and realistic characters that you can roleplay and you don't have nonsensical rules and restrictions that really break immersion and hinder roleplaying.

Despite being based on DnD they are still just classic "RPG games". They are not really about roleplaying. It's like intentionally gimping your character on Final Fantasy or Diablo. An open world game like TES will of course give you more freedom to do whathever you want. BG is more like most RPGs with a fairly linear storyline and sidequests. It's more like Mass Effect than Skyrim, its more about freedom on how you want your character to progress the storyline and react to the world than actual freedom to do whathever you want.
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12016 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-17 09:37:51
December 17 2014 09:37 GMT
#1538
On December 17 2014 09:42 REDBLUEGREEN wrote:
I recently read about the IWD EE release and finally decided to play all these classic RPG games; BG1&2, IWD1&2 and NWN1&2.

So to start things of I read a little bit about the different classes and their strength and weaknesses in guides and forums.
I always heard BG was the best RPG of all time and so forth but it turns out all class discussions basically assume you are a hardcore powergamer and you will play the most gifted übermensch sterotypical archetype character with max strength, dexterity, constitution and maybe a forth stat too.

OK whatever I thought, I will just disregard all that and create my own realistic character that I can actually roleplay. However I had immense difficulty creating my character because the class system is so restrictive and almost forces you to make gimped unrealistic archetype characters. You want to roleplay a Barbarian that is quite intelligent and wise? Well it seems there is almost no benefit at all in the game mechanics for a Barbarian to have any intelligence or wisdom...Oh and apparently in all his years in the wildernis he never had to hunt either because he never learned to sneak and somehow will never be able to learn it. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

I ended up creating a Human shapeshifter druid that is standing in front of the gates of Baldurs Gate right now and has explored most of the territories outside of it.

The game is still fun, I like the complexity and amount of abilities and spells and exploring the world and of course finding nice loot. Some areas are really lovely like the Gnoll stronghold or the halfling village. The story so far seems to be okay, too.
As a roleplaying game however I think Arcanum or Morrowind/TES are far superior because in those games it actually makes sense to create relateable and realistic characters that you can roleplay and you don't have nonsensical rules and restrictions that really break immersion and hinder roleplaying.


It sounds like you need to play a real Pen and Paper roleplaying game. Computer games will always be restrictive, simply because they can not possibly react creatively to your input, so everything you are able to do must be put into the game beforehand. I would really not see BG as a roleplaying game per se, it is more of a tactical combat game with an awesome slightly interactive story.

If you really want to roleplay a complex character, computers simply will not be able to allow you to do that, you need to find people and start a pen and paper roleplaying group (Btw, since you don't like the class system, you probably wouldn't like DnD as a roleplaying system that much, my personal favorite is currently FATE Core, but you might also enjoy something like Savage Worlds, or one of the other hundreds of cool systems with different settings out there.)
Hoenicker
Profile Joined February 2012
243 Posts
December 17 2014 10:01 GMT
#1539
On December 17 2014 09:42 REDBLUEGREEN wrote:
I recently read about the IWD EE release and finally decided to play all these classic RPG games; BG1&2, IWD1&2 and NWN1&2.

So to start things of I read a little bit about the different classes and their strength and weaknesses in guides and forums.
I always heard BG was the best RPG of all time and so forth but it turns out all class discussions basically assume you are a hardcore powergamer and you will play the most gifted übermensch sterotypical archetype character with max strength, dexterity, constitution and maybe a forth stat too.

OK whatever I thought, I will just disregard all that and create my own realistic character that I can actually roleplay. However I had immense difficulty creating my character because the class system is so restrictive and almost forces you to make gimped unrealistic archetype characters. You want to roleplay a Barbarian that is quite intelligent and wise? Well it seems there is almost no benefit at all in the game mechanics for a Barbarian to have any intelligence or wisdom...Oh and apparently in all his years in the wildernis he never had to hunt either because he never learned to sneak and somehow will never be able to learn it. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

I ended up creating a Human shapeshifter druid that is standing in front of the gates of Baldurs Gate right now and has explored most of the territories outside of it.

The game is still fun, I like the complexity and amount of abilities and spells and exploring the world and of course finding nice loot. Some areas are really lovely like the Gnoll stronghold or the halfling village. The story so far seems to be okay, too.
As a roleplaying game however I think Arcanum or Morrowind/TES are far superior because in those games it actually makes sense to create relateable and realistic characters that you can roleplay and you don't have nonsensical rules and restrictions that really break immersion and hinder roleplaying.



Its been a while, so my memory is a bit foggy, but I believe you can dual class barbarian to thief (if your race is human). That would allow him to sneak (and back stab), and you could role play him as you want. Generally, dual classing is very powerful in BG, especially in BGII.
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10960 Posts
December 17 2014 10:11 GMT
#1540
On December 17 2014 09:42 REDBLUEGREEN wrote:
............
OK whatever I thought, I will just disregard all that and create my own realistic character that I can actually roleplay. However I had immense difficulty creating my character because the class system is so restrictive and almost forces you to make gimped unrealistic archetype characters. You want to roleplay a Barbarian that is quite intelligent and wise? Well it seems there is almost no benefit at all in the game mechanics for a Barbarian to have any intelligence or wisdom...Oh and apparently in all his years in the wildernis he never had to hunt either because he never learned to sneak and somehow will never be able to learn it. It makes absolutely no sense to me.
....


From your description you didn’t want to play a Barbarian, what you describe isn't a Barbarian. In the 3d Edition of D&D Barbarians couldn't even read/write if you didn't spend extra points on it, their whole point is basically that they aren't exactly "bright", they are unskilled Warriors that compensate for their lack of Skill by being absurdely Strong physically (they get more HP than Warriors and their Rage gives huge boosts to Str/Dex and iirc also Con)...
And btw. what you described exists in AD&D, its called Ranger and was right there in the class select screen.

You should also note that a Str/Int/Whatever of "10" (iirc) in AD&D is the average for a normal human being. Having a stat of 18 is basically allready damn near Demigod territory. So with 12 int/wis you are allready well above average.

If you want to play a game where Intelligence/Wisdom and stats are truely recognised and actually alter many quests and your solutions to them, Fallout 2 should be better for you.
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 80 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
RotterdaM604
TaKeTV 238
IndyStarCraft 120
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2068
RotterdaM 604
ByuN 260
MaxPax 153
IndyStarCraft 120
BRAT_OK 102
UpATreeSC 30
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3578
Shuttle 850
Stork 408
Mini 387
EffOrt 314
Horang2 229
Rush 217
Mind 158
Dewaltoss 100
910 78
[ Show more ]
Mong 75
Zeus 70
hero 60
Snow 53
Shinee 40
JYJ 35
HiyA 35
sorry 31
Bale 28
ToSsGirL 23
Killer 20
Terrorterran 15
Sexy 11
zelot 11
scan(afreeca) 10
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5845
qojqva2823
Counter-Strike
fl0m4955
Fnx 689
pashabiceps6
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby231
Other Games
singsing2218
Beastyqt659
ceh9540
Hui .214
XaKoH 151
Trikslyr77
QueenE57
Chillindude27
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 26
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur278
• WagamamaTV41
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
6h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 4m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
18h 4m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 23h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.