• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:56
CEST 18:56
KST 01:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)71Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8042 users

So I just installed Baldur's Gate II - Page 79

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 77 78 79 80 Next
Odoakar
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia1838 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-26 08:39:12
April 26 2015 08:37 GMT
#1561
Ha, I'm basically in the same spot, finished PoE and want to replay BG2

I was reading comments on BG2:EE and a lot of people are complaining that the game is very buggy, with non-existant support, so I was thinking just getting BG1 and BG2 Complete Edition, and then just mod them to widescreen.

http://www.gog.com/news/enhance_the_gameplay_in_your_edition_of_baldurs_gate_from_gogcom

What's this TuTu everyone is mentioning, is it better than WeiDU mod?

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/54-baldurs-gate-trilogy-weidu/
Immersion_
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom794 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-26 08:41:04
April 26 2015 08:40 GMT
#1562
On April 26 2015 17:37 Odoakar wrote:
Ha, I'm basically in the same spot, finished PoE and want to replay BG2

I was reading comments on BG2:EE and a lot of people are complaining that the game is very buggy, with non-existant support, so I was thinking just getting BG1 and BG2 Complete Edition, and then just mod them to widescreen.

http://www.gog.com/news/enhance_the_gameplay_in_your_edition_of_baldurs_gate_from_gogcom

What's this TuTu everyone is mentioning, is it better than WeiDU mod?

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/54-baldurs-gate-trilogy-weidu/


I think they may have been buggy on release, honestly I don't think they are buggy any longer. I'm not a fan of the new characters but EE is easy to mod (with SCS for example) and the black pits are reasonably fun.

The loading times are a big plus.
http://www.twitch.tv/sybar1te Sybarite#2581 - add me for Heroes games. .Play Hots and Overwatch currently. Feel free to add.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-26 09:01:25
April 26 2015 08:53 GMT
#1563
On April 26 2015 17:37 Odoakar wrote:
What's this TuTu everyone is mentioning, is it better than WeiDU mod?

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/54-baldurs-gate-trilogy-weidu/

That's BG Trilogy. WeiDU is the name of the mod distribution engine that pretty much every IE game for pretty much the last decade.

Tutu: http://usoutpost31.com/easytutu/ (it's not hosted on Gibberlings 3 like Ghost151 said earlier, since it's not a Gibberlings 3 project; IIRC the original Tutu is hosted on Pocket Plane, but pretty much nobody uses that anymore because EasyTutu makes setup way easier).

Basically the main difference between Tutu and Trilogy is that Tutu clones your BG2 install when setting up BG1 and lets you play it as a separate game, while Trilogy merges BG1 into your BG2 install and has you play them as a single continuous game. Which you prefer is a matter of preference, and I've never had install issues with easier (though apparently SF-Fork has).

Tutu has some minor bugs that have fixes linked on that download page, and is in general somewhat more hassle due to needing to install general mods like SCS/Fixpack/Tweakpack/Widescreen twice. I suppose if you use a lot of BG1-only mods or have some configuration you want different between the two games (I can't think of any) you'd prefer Tutu, but otherwise, I don't see why you'd use Tutu instead of Trilogy if you intend to play through both games.

EDIT: Does anyone know if Tutu respects the original BG1/TotSC experience cap? I know Trilogy doesn't and EE does.

EDIT 2: Is the pathfinding in BGEE better at all? I swear that's probably my biggest pet peeve in BG1. Even playing with SCS on my current playthrough, bad pathing has forced more reloads than the actual difficulty of the encounters themselves--especially in places like Candlekeep Caves where there's tiny hallways and the enemies hail you and start the encounter right as you come out of one. Edwin and Imoen freak out and go the other way when they can't make it into the room and suddenly the enemy mages get like 2 free rounds of spells because mine are too stupid to figure out how to walk through a hallway.
Moderator
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
April 26 2015 09:34 GMT
#1564
On April 26 2015 17:37 Odoakar wrote:
Ha, I'm basically in the same spot, finished PoE and want to replay BG2

I was reading comments on BG2:EE and a lot of people are complaining that the game is very buggy, with non-existant support, so I was thinking just getting BG1 and BG2 Complete Edition, and then just mod them to widescreen.

http://www.gog.com/news/enhance_the_gameplay_in_your_edition_of_baldurs_gate_from_gogcom

What's this TuTu everyone is mentioning, is it better than WeiDU mod?

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/54-baldurs-gate-trilogy-weidu/

BG2EE had huge patch few months back that fixed the bugginess
Odoakar
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia1838 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-26 12:47:51
April 26 2015 12:41 GMT
#1565
Ok, thanks for the replies, I might get BG2EE then, although I'd like to play BG1 also. Will I miss on some good mods (fixpack, unfinished business,tweak pack) if I go for EE?

Will read about all of them and try to make a good decision.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
April 26 2015 16:50 GMT
#1566
Fixpack is unnecessary because EE fixes most/all of those issues to begin with.

UB is not compatible with EE to my knowledge.

Tweak Pack is EE-compatible.
Moderator
entropius
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1046 Posts
April 26 2015 19:55 GMT
#1567
On April 26 2015 17:53 TheYango wrote:

EDIT 2: Is the pathfinding in BGEE better at all? I swear that's probably my biggest pet peeve in BG1. Even playing with SCS on my current playthrough, bad pathing has forced more reloads than the actual difficulty of the encounters themselves--especially in places like Candlekeep Caves where there's tiny hallways and the enemies hail you and start the encounter right as you come out of one. Edwin and Imoen freak out and go the other way when they can't make it into the room and suddenly the enemy mages get like 2 free rounds of spells because mine are too stupid to figure out how to walk through a hallway.


Old fogey here: I bought BG1 when it came out. That game SLAUGHTERED computers at the time.

There were options in game to customize the amount of CPU power devoted to pathfinding, so you could play but with dragoon-level pathing if you had a potato.
SF-Fork
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Russian Federation1401 Posts
April 27 2015 11:07 GMT
#1568
Unfortunately not being able to install Sword Coast Stratagems is a pity. I am running a lvl 3 party, including all 3 NPC's from the EE, and the game seems much easier than I remembered. My last playthrough must have been with some tweaked Tutu version.

Also, the game has started to create the infamous mouse pointer bug, which has led me to update drivers, create further errors and making me do a system recover. I lost all morning with this, when the idea was to do 1 BG map and keep writing my thesis until lunch. Ah... computers. I hate them.and I can't live without them.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
April 27 2015 11:12 GMT
#1569
On April 27 2015 20:07 SF-Fork wrote:
Unfortunately not being able to install Sword Coast Stratagems is a pity. I am running a lvl 3 party, including all 3 NPC's from the EE, and the game seems much easier than I remembered. My last playthrough must have been with some tweaked Tutu version.

Also, the game has started to create the infamous mouse pointer bug, which has led me to update drivers, create further errors and making me do a system recover. I lost all morning with this, when the idea was to do 1 BG map and keep writing my thesis until lunch. Ah... computers. I hate them.and I can't live without them.

Of course it is easier when it has BG2 engine now. It also has all the bug fixes. Original BG1 has spell and item bugs. Spells would not affect saves they should and items would not do what is says and so on.

Also it is easier when you are older and smarter and more experienced.
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10960 Posts
April 27 2015 11:33 GMT
#1570
And the EE chars are strong...
SF-Fork
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Russian Federation1401 Posts
April 27 2015 11:45 GMT
#1571
a BG1 monk will always be sub-par
SF-Fork
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Russian Federation1401 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-30 10:36:38
April 30 2015 10:35 GMT
#1572
Well, I'm halfway through EE and I regret more and more failing to install SCS mod. The game is just too easy, I am getting bored.

Once I get to Bg2 I need the Tactics Mod at least, or else it won't be playable. For some reason I have failed to install good mods on previous playthroughs years back, aside from Unfinished Business, Tactics and one or two npc mods, I don't know what's good out there. What major mod do you reccomend for a fresh playing experience?
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10960 Posts
April 30 2015 11:17 GMT
#1573
For Tob, Ascension is an absolute must.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
April 30 2015 14:12 GMT
#1574
If PoE 1.05 patch is not out this week I think I will try Bg1EE with SCS for first time.
Fuchsteufelswild
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia2028 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-30 15:06:21
April 30 2015 14:35 GMT
#1575
Hi guys, I previously played some of the game but really not all that much plot-wise, but recently restarted. (not enhanced edition; I had a look and it doesn't seem worth it for the unattractive comic style cutscenes )
Suddenly, and this had never happened in past years when I'd been playing the first (part-)playthrough, but it just freezes just before or after I enter the tavern in the slums to talk to Jiordan.
I got far past that before without any such troubles.
It sounds as if there are mods and additional option patches or something, but I wouldn't know which to use.
Any suggestions? (I have ToB installed but I'm obviously nowhere up to that yet as I'm starting from SoB).
ZerO - FantaSy - Calm - Nal_rA - Jaedong - NaDa - EffOrt - Bisu - by.hero - StarDust - Welmu - Nerchio - Supernova - Solar - Squirtle - LosirA - Grubby - IntoTheRainbow - Golden... ~~~ Incredible Miracle and Woongjin Stars 화이팅!
SF-Fork
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Russian Federation1401 Posts
April 30 2015 14:36 GMT
#1576
My BG1 EE was pirated so I couldn't get the latest version and Baeloth doesn't appear and Rasaad's quest doesn't trigger
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
April 30 2015 14:49 GMT
#1577
On April 30 2015 23:36 SF-Fork wrote:
My BG1 EE was pirated so I couldn't get the latest version and Baeloth doesn't appear and Rasaad's quest doesn't trigger

I am 100% sure you can pirate the version with latest patches

At least you can for BG2EE
SF-Fork
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Russian Federation1401 Posts
May 12 2015 11:59 GMT
#1578
I can't find a clear answer on whether BGT plays into ToB. Anyone?

Also, I have bought freaking BG on GoG now, making it my fourth official copy I buy...
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
May 12 2015 13:57 GMT
#1579
BGT transitions into ToB the same way regular BG2 transitions into BG2, not sure what you're asking.
Moderator
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
May 12 2015 14:09 GMT
#1580
I tried Bg1EE with SCS for first time and it is so much fun. First time I actually needed to use potions, wands and scrolls on average battles.

Unfortunately I also found it is easier to cheese some of these battles by running around until enemy mage buffs run out :D
I did this mostly because unlike BG2 you don't have tools to remove them, all you can do it outlive them.
Prev 1 77 78 79 80 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
RotterdaM604
TaKeTV 238
IndyStarCraft 120
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2068
RotterdaM 604
ByuN 260
MaxPax 153
IndyStarCraft 120
BRAT_OK 102
UpATreeSC 30
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3578
Shuttle 850
Stork 408
Mini 387
EffOrt 314
Horang2 229
Rush 217
Mind 158
Dewaltoss 100
910 78
[ Show more ]
Mong 75
Zeus 70
hero 60
Snow 53
Shinee 40
JYJ 35
HiyA 35
sorry 31
Bale 28
ToSsGirL 23
Killer 20
Terrorterran 15
Sexy 11
zelot 11
scan(afreeca) 10
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5845
qojqva2823
Counter-Strike
fl0m4955
Fnx 689
pashabiceps6
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby231
Other Games
singsing2218
Beastyqt659
ceh9540
Hui .214
XaKoH 151
Trikslyr77
QueenE57
Chillindude27
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 26
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur278
• WagamamaTV41
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
6h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 4m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
18h 4m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 23h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.