• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:22
CEST 09:22
KST 16:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8982 users

So I just installed Baldur's Gate II - Page 78

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 76 77 78 79 80 Next
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-17 15:43:12
December 17 2014 15:39 GMT
#1541
On December 17 2014 02:01 OsaX Nymloth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2014 17:53 -Archangel- wrote:
Yes. I made a six man party (paladin, priest of tempus, blade, shadowdancer, sorcerer and archer) and started adventuring. Forgot how nice IWD was. Didn't play it after I finished it when it originally came out.


Actually I would advice trying to go for some... challenge in Icewind Dale!

Start in Heart of Fury mode. From lvl 1. Solo.

It's 100% possible, super hard especially at the beginning, but damn if it's not fun :D

I made another party made of 3 people and started them at lvl 1 in HoF mode. It took me a long time and was a lot of fun for a while but I got bored and stoped playing when they were around lvl 13. Each fight is a grind and you need to use summons because your own character got no chance to kill anything or tank. Most spells are useless and CC spells rarely work.
Due to how summons are also boosted in HoF only they are worth the spell slot.
After a while even summons become less and less effective and you need to cast many summons to kill smaller numbers of enemies and rest after every middle size encounter so you can unload most of your summons on next encounters and IWD is full of very similar encounters. It is very soon pure boredom, just a grind.

I got a lvl 13 druid (avenger) that has access to best summons and even they die fast and don't last longer then one mid size encounter.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-17 15:48:35
December 17 2014 15:47 GMT
#1542
On December 17 2014 09:42 REDBLUEGREEN wrote:
I recently read about the IWD EE release and finally decided to play all these classic RPG games; BG1&2, IWD1&2 and NWN1&2.

So to start things of I read a little bit about the different classes and their strength and weaknesses in guides and forums.
I always heard BG was the best RPG of all time and so forth but it turns out all class discussions basically assume you are a hardcore powergamer and you will play the most gifted übermensch sterotypical archetype character with max strength, dexterity, constitution and maybe a forth stat too.

OK whatever I thought, I will just disregard all that and create my own realistic character that I can actually roleplay. However I had immense difficulty creating my character because the class system is so restrictive and almost forces you to make gimped unrealistic archetype characters. You want to roleplay a Barbarian that is quite intelligent and wise? Well it seems there is almost no benefit at all in the game mechanics for a Barbarian to have any intelligence or wisdom...Oh and apparently in all his years in the wildernis he never had to hunt either because he never learned to sneak and somehow will never be able to learn it. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

I ended up creating a Human shapeshifter druid that is standing in front of the gates of Baldurs Gate right now and has explored most of the territories outside of it.

The game is still fun, I like the complexity and amount of abilities and spells and exploring the world and of course finding nice loot. Some areas are really lovely like the Gnoll stronghold or the halfling village. The story so far seems to be okay, too.
As a roleplaying game however I think Arcanum or Morrowind/TES are far superior because in those games it actually makes sense to create relateable and realistic characters that you can roleplay and you don't have nonsensical rules and restrictions that really break immersion and hinder roleplaying.

Baldur's Gate is not create your own story kind of RPG. It also does not revolve around your single character only.
In Elder Scrolls you can create whatever you want because you will always have that one character, they needed to let you do everything if you wanted to.

BG games are party based games and are designed as such. You are supposed to care for your whole party, not just your one character and supplement the weaknesses of your character with suitable party members.

Also, one of its strengths are super complex gameplay options, more ways to do encounters and spells that let you do lots of stuff outside and inside combat.
Also you can spend lots of time exploring many wilderness maps and run into all kinds of crazy stuff.
I loved how in BG1, more than once, your character can in dialogue complain about weirdos and crazies he runs into during these explorations :D
OsaX Nymloth
Profile Joined March 2013
Poland3244 Posts
December 17 2014 18:56 GMT
#1543
On December 18 2014 00:39 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2014 02:01 OsaX Nymloth wrote:
On November 01 2014 17:53 -Archangel- wrote:
Yes. I made a six man party (paladin, priest of tempus, blade, shadowdancer, sorcerer and archer) and started adventuring. Forgot how nice IWD was. Didn't play it after I finished it when it originally came out.


Actually I would advice trying to go for some... challenge in Icewind Dale!

Start in Heart of Fury mode. From lvl 1. Solo.

It's 100% possible, super hard especially at the beginning, but damn if it's not fun :D

I made another party made of 3 people and started them at lvl 1 in HoF mode. It took me a long time and was a lot of fun for a while but I got bored and stoped playing when they were around lvl 13. Each fight is a grind and you need to use summons because your own character got no chance to kill anything or tank. Most spells are useless and CC spells rarely work.
Due to how summons are also boosted in HoF only they are worth the spell slot.
After a while even summons become less and less effective and you need to cast many summons to kill smaller numbers of enemies and rest after every middle size encounter so you can unload most of your summons on next encounters and IWD is full of very similar encounters. It is very soon pure boredom, just a grind.

I got a lvl 13 druid (avenger) that has access to best summons and even they die fast and don't last longer then one mid size encounter.



Yeah, it can get a bit tedious - but it's still a challenge. I did this kind of solo runs twice: in Icewind Dale my mage/warrior was kinda ok to get into a fight (not at the beginning of course), but it was needed anyway. Summons are super important, but mostly as damage takers and eventually blockers of path, so my char can cast as many destructive spells as possible. Some fights are actually quite ok to summon some weak monsters and join the battle, but you need to be careful to not be targeted too much. Damage is crazy.

the most boring part probably is around the beginning and end of the game
Beginning because you're forced to basically run around like mad trying to get that 19-20/20 dice roll and actually hit whatever goblin is trying to come near you. And if you fail at keeping bastard at bay, you might die to one random crit :D

Later game, when you have maxed character and maxes spells and basically every fights need to follow a scheme: summon bunch of monsters, buff, go and attract group of enemies, fireballs in, summon more meat if needed. Rinse, repeat.

Curious: the only monsters I didn't defeat are Iron Golems. Not my class/es to fight them, so I ignored them. Good thing they're only few of them and not really that important.

Photo of my hero at the final battle :D

Second run was on Icewind Dale II. Sadly here I had issues with spell effects, that were slowing the game insanely, so I quit around fight with that black dragon. Just couldn't move in that slideshow
Twitter: @osaxnymloth
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
December 18 2014 09:12 GMT
#1544
I quit way before that, the gameplay was too boring. There was no more challenge, just rinse and repeat same moves for each battle.
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
December 20 2014 17:16 GMT
#1545
On December 17 2014 19:01 Hoenicker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2014 09:42 REDBLUEGREEN wrote:
I recently read about the IWD EE release and finally decided to play all these classic RPG games; BG1&2, IWD1&2 and NWN1&2.

So to start things of I read a little bit about the different classes and their strength and weaknesses in guides and forums.
I always heard BG was the best RPG of all time and so forth but it turns out all class discussions basically assume you are a hardcore powergamer and you will play the most gifted übermensch sterotypical archetype character with max strength, dexterity, constitution and maybe a forth stat too.

OK whatever I thought, I will just disregard all that and create my own realistic character that I can actually roleplay. However I had immense difficulty creating my character because the class system is so restrictive and almost forces you to make gimped unrealistic archetype characters. You want to roleplay a Barbarian that is quite intelligent and wise? Well it seems there is almost no benefit at all in the game mechanics for a Barbarian to have any intelligence or wisdom...Oh and apparently in all his years in the wildernis he never had to hunt either because he never learned to sneak and somehow will never be able to learn it. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

I ended up creating a Human shapeshifter druid that is standing in front of the gates of Baldurs Gate right now and has explored most of the territories outside of it.

The game is still fun, I like the complexity and amount of abilities and spells and exploring the world and of course finding nice loot. Some areas are really lovely like the Gnoll stronghold or the halfling village. The story so far seems to be okay, too.
As a roleplaying game however I think Arcanum or Morrowind/TES are far superior because in those games it actually makes sense to create relateable and realistic characters that you can roleplay and you don't have nonsensical rules and restrictions that really break immersion and hinder roleplaying.



Its been a while, so my memory is a bit foggy, but I believe you can dual class barbarian to thief (if your race is human). That would allow him to sneak (and back stab), and you could role play him as you want. Generally, dual classing is very powerful in BG, especially in BGII.


You cannot dual class a barbarian without a mod like the g3 tweak pack.
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
Immersion_
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom794 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-20 17:21:06
December 20 2014 17:20 GMT
#1546
Problem with IWDEE for anyone who has played Baldur's Gate with Sword Coast Stratagems: AI is garbage and it's just not a challenge. Adding the Baldur's Gate spells and not giving the AI any use of them at all or at least a hardmode option was quite bad IMO. Not really sure what I paid for.
http://www.twitch.tv/sybar1te Sybarite#2581 - add me for Heroes games. .Play Hots and Overwatch currently. Feel free to add.
SF-Fork
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Russian Federation1401 Posts
April 24 2015 10:41 GMT
#1547
I just finished PoE and I feel like another BG run, something I haven't done in years.

Should I go for BG + tutu or BGEE?
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
April 24 2015 10:55 GMT
#1548
BGEE is easier to install and just play.
SF-Fork
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Russian Federation1401 Posts
April 24 2015 11:01 GMT
#1549
I don't mind about the installation. I was wondering about the game quality.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
April 24 2015 11:56 GMT
#1550
On April 24 2015 20:01 SF-Fork wrote:
I don't mind about the installation. I was wondering about the game quality.

No reason to use BG+tutu then unless money is an issue.
JazVM
Profile Joined October 2012
Germany1196 Posts
April 24 2015 12:00 GMT
#1551
I'd recommend the EE + SCS mod. This will be challenging but also very rewarding.
mind mind mind mind mind mind
dismiss
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United Kingdom3341 Posts
April 24 2015 15:29 GMT
#1552
Go for tactics instead of SCS, or use both. Acid kensai for life. :D
Failure to improve posting standards will result in a lengthy ban. I <crms_> !dumb <GeoffAnderson> crmsdota <crms_> damnit
SF-Fork
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Russian Federation1401 Posts
April 25 2015 11:12 GMT
#1553
just got the EE. I will look for the SCS mod now.

I believe tha acid kensai was in BG2? Not applicable to the first game.
SF-Fork
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Russian Federation1401 Posts
April 25 2015 19:51 GMT
#1554
unfortunately I am not able to install the SCS mod. There is some naming error, but all the solutions I find are for easytutu and not for EE. Will it be too easy without the mod?
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
April 25 2015 20:03 GMT
#1555
fuck mindflayers
i guess thats what i get for making dumb evil characters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
Ghost151
Profile Joined May 2008
United States290 Posts
April 25 2015 20:42 GMT
#1556
use EasyTutu for BG1 (search at thegribberlings3). It's a standalone install that will let you import right into BG2 when you're done and doesn't touch anything in your BG1 or BG2 folders if you feel like modding BG2 later or want to keep a vanilla experience around for either game. It's also compatible with most BG2 mods (since it is technically an installation of BG2) without shoving content down your throat as a cash grab like the EE.

The reason you only find support for ETT and not the EE is because Tutu was made by the modding community for the community (and EasyTutu is a streamlined, packaged version of it that incorporates many bugfixes) but they treat Beamdog's cash-in with scorn. Some people are downright hostile about it, but it begs the question why you would even pay money for free optional content you can find anywhere and add it yourself. As questionable as the quality of many fan mods are, it seems kind of stupid to charge for it. EE adds a nice interface, I'll give it that, but everything else it does can be done for free, even the multiplayer (just use gameranger). I have also heard some not so nice things about their QC division pertaining to patches and support, which might be relevant to your Sword Coast Stratagems issues.
fuck art its a competition if you dont get pissed off when you lose you dont care enough - Idra, on the "art" of RTS games.
dismiss
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United Kingdom3341 Posts
April 25 2015 21:53 GMT
#1557
I had no problems installing SCS on my EE edition. Maybe try using another mod that you know has the up to date weidu version first.
Failure to improve posting standards will result in a lengthy ban. I <crms_> !dumb <GeoffAnderson> crmsdota <crms_> damnit
SF-Fork
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Russian Federation1401 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-26 00:11:47
April 25 2015 23:51 GMT
#1558
On April 26 2015 05:42 Ghost151 wrote:
use EasyTutu for BG1 (search at thegribberlings3). It's a standalone install that will let you import right into BG2 when you're done and doesn't touch anything in your BG1 or BG2 folders if you feel like modding BG2 later or want to keep a vanilla experience around for either game. It's also compatible with most BG2 mods (since it is technically an installation of BG2) without shoving content down your throat as a cash grab like the EE.

The reason you only find support for ETT and not the EE is because Tutu was made by the modding community for the community (and EasyTutu is a streamlined, packaged version of it that incorporates many bugfixes) but they treat Beamdog's cash-in with scorn. Some people are downright hostile about it, but it begs the question why you would even pay money for free optional content you can find anywhere and add it yourself. As questionable as the quality of many fan mods are, it seems kind of stupid to charge for it. EE adds a nice interface, I'll give it that, but everything else it does can be done for free, even the multiplayer (just use gameranger). I have also heard some not so nice things about their QC division pertaining to patches and support, which might be relevant to your Sword Coast Stratagems issues.



I ended up starting a game in EE. I have bought BG 1,2 and ToB on 3 occasions,(vanilla CD and the DVD's twice) but my discs are at my parents and I don't live there anymore. Therefore I had no qualms with torrenting the EE. I couldn't get the SCS working, but at least I will enjoy the new content with the new NPC.

I made a fighter/thief and will attempt to play with all the new companions and fill the gap with another thief and some sort of healer. Possibly Yeslick or Viconia. For the additional thief I will carry Imoen until I meet up with Coran.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
April 26 2015 00:49 GMT
#1559
I'm curious what advantage there is to using Tutu instead of BGT unless you have zero interest in playing BG2.

Functionally the BG1 components are more or less the same and not having to worry about importing or handling mods for 2 separate installs is a huge convenience.
Moderator
SF-Fork
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Russian Federation1401 Posts
April 26 2015 07:23 GMT
#1560
In my case, I was never able to properly install BGT despite several attempts, while TuTu never gave me any problems. I guess I'm just a modding noob.
Prev 1 76 77 78 79 80 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech140
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 357
Leta 165
Dewaltoss 111
sSak 55
Bale 35
Aegong 32
NotJumperer 28
ZergMaN 26
yabsab 12
Noble 11
[ Show more ]
Icarus 7
League of Legends
JimRising 566
Reynor39
Other Games
summit1g10453
olofmeister264
Sick204
Nina77
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick765
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1231
• Stunt477
• Jankos469
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 38m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3h 38m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 38m
Replay Cast
15h 38m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 3h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.