• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:38
CEST 22:38
KST 05:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7879 users

So I just installed Baldur's Gate II - Page 75

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 80 Next
CuddlyCuteKitten
Profile Joined January 2004
Sweden2892 Posts
July 14 2014 07:23 GMT
#1481
On July 14 2014 04:59 LightningStrike wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2014 02:14 CuddlyCuteKitten wrote:
Staff of Ryn is a lvl 4 staff sold at adventurers mart and and staffs of striking can be used for special occasions (+9 weapons) and can be aquired from both trademeet and figthers guild stronghold. Both tide you over untill magi which tides you over till ram.

I also fail to see why staff of the magi is so op. Perhaps as a secondary for its abilities but otherwise staff of ram does 14-22 base damage and is a +6 weapon which is about twice as much as a holy avenger +6.
Most of the abilities you want you get from actually being a mage. Its nice but not essential. If you dont want to abuse toggling invis with nondetection I guess but there is like a million rings that grants invis.

Staff of the Magi is considered OP due to when you hit someone it dispells most of their protection spells on other mages plus it's a +5 weapon so it can hit through everything :D.


Its a plus 1 weapon that counts as +5. The abilities are awesome but it still only does 2-7 dmg.

Even with 21 strength and kensai bonus for some 13 bonus dmg it is still 15-20 versus 27-35 damage which is very significant.
+5 also cant hit through absolute immunity which matters if you play ascension.
Unity, support, family, and kneecapping bitches.
Nyovne
Profile Joined March 2006
Netherlands19141 Posts
July 14 2014 07:31 GMT
#1482
Break and dispel all the things! That and summons are the win tbh.
ModeratorFor remember, that in the end, some are born to live, others born to die. I belong to those last, born to burn, born to cry. For I shall remain alone... forsaken.
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
July 14 2014 08:25 GMT
#1483
I restarted my Kensai (I only just arrived at the friendly arm inn anyway) and now have the following stats:

Strength: 14
Const: 18
Dex: 18
Int: 18
Wisd: 10
Charisma: 10

I put 2 points in Two-handed swords, 1 point in Staff and 1 point in Two-handed weapons fighting style (or whatever it was called again).

Question: When I dual to mage at 13(well, it's still a long road until then), will I get proficiency points for the first 13 mage levels as well?
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
July 14 2014 15:58 GMT
#1484
On July 14 2014 17:25 phagga wrote:
I restarted my Kensai (I only just arrived at the friendly arm inn anyway) and now have the following stats:

Strength: 14
Const: 18
Dex: 18
Int: 18
Wisd: 10
Charisma: 10

I put 2 points in Two-handed swords, 1 point in Staff and 1 point in Two-handed weapons fighting style (or whatever it was called again).

Question: When I dual to mage at 13(well, it's still a long road until then), will I get proficiency points for the first 13 mage levels as well?

Yes but don't put points into sling or darts because you wont be able to use them plus I would reroll your stats and get Max Stregnth along with Consit Dex and Intel because you going to be carry lots of items in the game esp in BG1 and you want Katanas as a Kensai with Two Weapon Style since Celestial Fury is really broken for Fighters and Zerkan Blade(spell check this please) Gives you 2 more spells in Level 1-4 and you get that at the Adventure Mart. When you get done with Spell Hold you will want Crom Faeyr for the Strength Bonus plus it's a +5 Weapon but this talking from Baldur's Gate 2. BG1 Longsword with Points in that should be fine with 2 Weapon Style should be good and put 3 points into 2 Weapon Style and 2 points longsword since you get a really early good Longsword at the Mines and put the rest of points into Katanas.
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
parkufarku
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
882 Posts
July 14 2014 16:22 GMT
#1485
So I just made an elf Fighter / Thief , and used EEkeeper to change the Thief into a Shadowdancer.

My god, it's so fun. Strong as a fighter, but with the option of going invisible while fighting enemies, just to backstab the hell outta them is so satisfying.

On a side note, I can't seem to play in a party anymore. I solo every character now...it feels weird to control more than 1 character now
CuddlyCuteKitten
Profile Joined January 2004
Sweden2892 Posts
July 14 2014 20:52 GMT
#1486
On July 15 2014 00:58 LightningStrike wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2014 17:25 phagga wrote:
I restarted my Kensai (I only just arrived at the friendly arm inn anyway) and now have the following stats:

Strength: 14
Const: 18
Dex: 18
Int: 18
Wisd: 10
Charisma: 10

I put 2 points in Two-handed swords, 1 point in Staff and 1 point in Two-handed weapons fighting style (or whatever it was called again).

Question: When I dual to mage at 13(well, it's still a long road until then), will I get proficiency points for the first 13 mage levels as well?

Yes but don't put points into sling or darts because you wont be able to use them plus I would reroll your stats and get Max Stregnth along with Consit Dex and Intel because you going to be carry lots of items in the game esp in BG1 and you want Katanas as a Kensai with Two Weapon Style since Celestial Fury is really broken for Fighters and Zerkan Blade(spell check this please) Gives you 2 more spells in Level 1-4 and you get that at the Adventure Mart. When you get done with Spell Hold you will want Crom Faeyr for the Strength Bonus plus it's a +5 Weapon but this talking from Baldur's Gate 2. BG1 Longsword with Points in that should be fine with 2 Weapon Style should be good and put 3 points into 2 Weapon Style and 2 points longsword since you get a really early good Longsword at the Mines and put the rest of points into Katanas.


Str is mostly irrelevant for bg 2 due to boosts but its huge for bg 1 so I agree on max str.

Ideally your stats are
18 whatever (higher is better but not crucial) str
18 dex
18 const
18 int
Preferbly not lower than 10 wisdom
Charisma as high as you can afford in your case 6.
You will get +1 in all stats except wisdom which you will get +2 in bg 1. This means even poor str rolls will eventually be 19 but thats end game.
Prepare for a harsh game btw, kensai is not optimal at low levels. Potions of stoneskin and invourbility is your friend for harder fights.

You will need some bracers of defense asap, I dont know exactly where they are for the more common ones but in act 4 the end boss drops the best ones (ac 6).
Your armor will still suck but its better than nothing. Consider doing basilisk area early on with a mage that has protection from petrification for powerlvl.

Also can someone correct me if I am wrong but dont you get to redo all weapon dots when you import to bg 2? You wont be lvl 13 in bg 1 anyway.


Unity, support, family, and kneecapping bitches.
Frankenberry
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark302 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-14 22:01:10
July 14 2014 21:56 GMT
#1487
On July 15 2014 05:52 CuddlyCuteKitten wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2014 00:58 LightningStrike wrote:
On July 14 2014 17:25 phagga wrote:
I restarted my Kensai (I only just arrived at the friendly arm inn anyway) and now have the following stats:

Strength: 14
Const: 18
Dex: 18
Int: 18
Wisd: 10
Charisma: 10

I put 2 points in Two-handed swords, 1 point in Staff and 1 point in Two-handed weapons fighting style (or whatever it was called again).

Question: When I dual to mage at 13(well, it's still a long road until then), will I get proficiency points for the first 13 mage levels as well?

Yes but don't put points into sling or darts because you wont be able to use them plus I would reroll your stats and get Max Stregnth along with Consit Dex and Intel because you going to be carry lots of items in the game esp in BG1 and you want Katanas as a Kensai with Two Weapon Style since Celestial Fury is really broken for Fighters and Zerkan Blade(spell check this please) Gives you 2 more spells in Level 1-4 and you get that at the Adventure Mart. When you get done with Spell Hold you will want Crom Faeyr for the Strength Bonus plus it's a +5 Weapon but this talking from Baldur's Gate 2. BG1 Longsword with Points in that should be fine with 2 Weapon Style should be good and put 3 points into 2 Weapon Style and 2 points longsword since you get a really early good Longsword at the Mines and put the rest of points into Katanas.


Str is mostly irrelevant for bg 2 due to boosts but its huge for bg 1 so I agree on max str.

Ideally your stats are
18 whatever (higher is better but not crucial) str
18 dex
18 const
18 int
Preferbly not lower than 10 wisdom
Charisma as high as you can afford in your case 6.
You will get +1 in all stats except wisdom which you will get +2 in bg 1. This means even poor str rolls will eventually be 19 but thats end game.
Prepare for a harsh game btw, kensai is not optimal at low levels. Potions of stoneskin and invourbility is your friend for harder fights.

You will need some bracers of defense asap, I dont know exactly where they are for the more common ones but in act 4 the end boss drops the best ones (ac 6).
Your armor will still suck but its better than nothing. Consider doing basilisk area early on with a mage that has protection from petrification for powerlvl.

Also can someone correct me if I am wrong but dont you get to redo all weapon dots when you import to bg 2? You wont be lvl 13 in bg 1 anyway.


You get +3 wisdom in BG1 just a small corrections. Also you cannot use any bracers as Kensei =D (only if you get use any item from Kensei 13 -> Thief).

Wisdom can be dumped completely since you won't be using your lore anyways + you can drink potions of insight to gain 18 for hours when you reach lategame to cast (limited) wish (or rather to cast it with success).

Personally I actually like having a somewhat descent charisma, though it does not matter hugely if you are playing a solo run.
Frankenberry
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark302 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-14 21:59:57
July 14 2014 21:58 GMT
#1488
On July 15 2014 01:22 parkufarku wrote:
So I just made an elf Fighter / Thief , and used EEkeeper to change the Thief into a Shadowdancer.

My god, it's so fun. Strong as a fighter, but with the option of going invisible while fighting enemies, just to backstab the hell outta them is so satisfying.

On a side note, I can't seem to play in a party anymore. I solo every character now...it feels weird to control more than 1 character now


If you like that try pure half orc assasin or Assasin dual'ed -> fighter with items (mainly rings of invis) and potions that makes him go invis + staff of the magi (use any item).

x 7 multiplier ftw Basically in Throne of Bhaal you can oneshot Fire Giants for 250+ dmg :D
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
July 14 2014 22:18 GMT
#1489
On July 15 2014 05:52 CuddlyCuteKitten wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2014 00:58 LightningStrike wrote:
On July 14 2014 17:25 phagga wrote:
I restarted my Kensai (I only just arrived at the friendly arm inn anyway) and now have the following stats:

Strength: 14
Const: 18
Dex: 18
Int: 18
Wisd: 10
Charisma: 10

I put 2 points in Two-handed swords, 1 point in Staff and 1 point in Two-handed weapons fighting style (or whatever it was called again).

Question: When I dual to mage at 13(well, it's still a long road until then), will I get proficiency points for the first 13 mage levels as well?

Yes but don't put points into sling or darts because you wont be able to use them plus I would reroll your stats and get Max Stregnth along with Consit Dex and Intel because you going to be carry lots of items in the game esp in BG1 and you want Katanas as a Kensai with Two Weapon Style since Celestial Fury is really broken for Fighters and Zerkan Blade(spell check this please) Gives you 2 more spells in Level 1-4 and you get that at the Adventure Mart. When you get done with Spell Hold you will want Crom Faeyr for the Strength Bonus plus it's a +5 Weapon but this talking from Baldur's Gate 2. BG1 Longsword with Points in that should be fine with 2 Weapon Style should be good and put 3 points into 2 Weapon Style and 2 points longsword since you get a really early good Longsword at the Mines and put the rest of points into Katanas.


Str is mostly irrelevant for bg 2 due to boosts but its huge for bg 1 so I agree on max str.

Ideally your stats are
18 whatever (higher is better but not crucial) str
18 dex
18 const
18 int
Preferbly not lower than 10 wisdom
Charisma as high as you can afford in your case 6.
You will get +1 in all stats except wisdom which you will get +2 in bg 1. This means even poor str rolls will eventually be 19 but thats end game.
Prepare for a harsh game btw, kensai is not optimal at low levels. Potions of stoneskin and invourbility is your friend for harder fights.

You will need some bracers of defense asap, I dont know exactly where they are for the more common ones but in act 4 the end boss drops the best ones (ac 6).
Your armor will still suck but its better than nothing. Consider doing basilisk area early on with a mage that has protection from petrification for powerlvl.

Also can someone correct me if I am wrong but dont you get to redo all weapon dots when you import to bg 2? You wont be lvl 13 in bg 1 anyway.



You don't have to redo all weapon dots when you import to bg2ee if you coming from bgee
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
July 15 2014 08:07 GMT
#1490
Very funny, guys. When I posted my first char (see last page), someone said I don't need that much strength. Now I make a new char with less strength and everyone is like OMG NOOB 18 STR!

Whatever. I don't play solo anyway, so I guess I should be fine like this even for BG1. I'm not going to restart again.
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
Frankenberry
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark302 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-15 10:25:21
July 15 2014 10:02 GMT
#1491
On July 15 2014 17:07 phagga wrote:
Very funny, guys. When I posted my first char (see last page), someone said I don't need that much strength. Now I make a new char with less strength and everyone is like OMG NOOB 18 STR!

Whatever. I don't play solo anyway, so I guess I should be fine like this even for BG1. I'm not going to restart again.


There is no single correct way of doing things.
Read the reasoning behind the choice of stats and decide for yourself. Also good luck and I hope you will have as much fun with this game as I had during the last many years
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
July 15 2014 10:24 GMT
#1492
On July 15 2014 19:02 Frankenberry wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2014 17:07 phagga wrote:
Very funny, guys. When I posted my first char (see last page), someone said I don't need that much strength. Now I make a new char with less strength and everyone is like OMG NOOB 18 STR!

Whatever. I don't play solo anyway, so I guess I should be fine like this even for BG1. I'm not going to restart again.


There is no single correct way of doing things.
Listen to the arguments that and decide for yourself. Also good luck and I hope you will have as much fun with this game as I had during the last many years


It's not the first time I'm playing it, so I know what's ahead But it's been over 10 years that I last played any Baldurs Gate. It's going to be great
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-15 12:53:50
July 15 2014 12:50 GMT
#1493
On July 15 2014 17:07 phagga wrote:
Very funny, guys. When I posted my first char (see last page), someone said I don't need that much strength. Now I make a new char with less strength and everyone is like OMG NOOB 18 STR!

Whatever. I don't play solo anyway, so I guess I should be fine like this even for BG1. I'm not going to restart again.


Well you know... that's D&D for you

- "Hey i need to reroll the dice. I'm a warrior ! I can't have 10 in STR !!!!"
- "Well why do you roll the dice ? Put 18 STR already..."
- "That would be cheating. Let's say i can roll the dice 10 time and pick the highest number !"
- "Okay but that's not the point of a dice roll you know"
- "i don't wanna play a weak character"
- "Ok roll your dice"
*dice rolls. Highest was 17*
- "Well i'll substract one wisdom"
- "It's not allowed so if you want to do it do it but that's cheating"

Hello Warrior. You have 18STR,18CON,18INT,18CHA 18 EVERYTHING !
- "No i'm an elf. I have 19DEX"
- "So you have 17CON"
- "No because of my past as a 250cm elve i live in the forest and that enhanced my CON"
- "Elves are really small in D&D"
- "NO I'M TALL. FUCK THE DICE".

True Story.
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
July 15 2014 13:01 GMT
#1494
Sounds like 13 year olds playing D&D
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
July 15 2014 13:04 GMT
#1495
On July 15 2014 22:01 -Archangel- wrote:
Sounds like 13 year olds playing D&D


Sounds like it right ? It was 25 year old guys (yeah the others did the same thing). And they had D&D experience.
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12017 Posts
July 15 2014 13:23 GMT
#1496
Hey, in a different game similar to DnD i had guy who was one race, but got abducted as a baby and raised by a different group of people who a) hate that group of people and b) live roughly half way across the world. This backstory obviously was totally reasonable, and not only there because this race and that culture both were the only ones who had a +Str bonus.
CuddlyCuteKitten
Profile Joined January 2004
Sweden2892 Posts
July 15 2014 21:33 GMT
#1497
On July 15 2014 19:24 phagga wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2014 19:02 Frankenberry wrote:
On July 15 2014 17:07 phagga wrote:
Very funny, guys. When I posted my first char (see last page), someone said I don't need that much strength. Now I make a new char with less strength and everyone is like OMG NOOB 18 STR!

Whatever. I don't play solo anyway, so I guess I should be fine like this even for BG1. I'm not going to restart again.


There is no single correct way of doing things.
Listen to the arguments that and decide for yourself. Also good luck and I hope you will have as much fun with this game as I had during the last many years


It's not the first time I'm playing it, so I know what's ahead But it's been over 10 years that I last played any Baldurs Gate. It's going to be great


For bg 2 100 % you dont need high strength because as people said you get str boosting items almost immediatly and they are higher than what you can have naturally.

However bg 1 has no str items (in fact they only have 1 set item and thats dex in a slot that you really need).
Bg 1 is one entire game. And its really different from bg2 because you start at low levels.

In bg 2 you have good magic items and high levels even early on which means +3 to hit doesnt mean much. In bg 1 at low levels it can double or triple your chance to hit.
+5-6 dmg makes your two handed sword do 6-15 dmg instead of 1-10 which is 50 % more max and 600 % min dmg.

Also your playing a class that is progressivly better later on (god tier for lvl 13 kensi mage even) but its a kitten at low lvls in bg 1. Figthers main advantage is not that they do more damage early on (which they do) but that they even from the start are extremly hard to hit due to armor and shields.

Get a tank asap and stand behind it and it will allivate most of your troubles but honestly high strength will make your bg 1 experience so much better.
Unity, support, family, and kneecapping bitches.
Frankenberry
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark302 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-15 21:47:40
July 15 2014 21:45 GMT
#1498
On July 16 2014 06:33 CuddlyCuteKitten wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2014 19:24 phagga wrote:
On July 15 2014 19:02 Frankenberry wrote:
On July 15 2014 17:07 phagga wrote:
Very funny, guys. When I posted my first char (see last page), someone said I don't need that much strength. Now I make a new char with less strength and everyone is like OMG NOOB 18 STR!

Whatever. I don't play solo anyway, so I guess I should be fine like this even for BG1. I'm not going to restart again.


There is no single correct way of doing things.
Listen to the arguments that and decide for yourself. Also good luck and I hope you will have as much fun with this game as I had during the last many years


It's not the first time I'm playing it, so I know what's ahead But it's been over 10 years that I last played any Baldurs Gate. It's going to be great


For bg 2 100 % you dont need high strength because as people said you get str boosting items almost immediatly and they are higher than what you can have naturally.

However bg 1 has no str items (in fact they only have 1 set item and thats dex in a slot that you really need).
Bg 1 is one entire game. And its really different from bg2 because you start at low levels.

In bg 2 you have good magic items and high levels even early on which means +3 to hit doesnt mean much. In bg 1 at low levels it can double or triple your chance to hit.
+5-6 dmg makes your two handed sword do 6-15 dmg instead of 1-10 which is 50 % more max and 600 % min dmg.

Also your playing a class that is progressivly better later on (god tier for lvl 13 kensi mage even) but its a kitten at low lvls in bg 1. Figthers main advantage is not that they do more damage early on (which they do) but that they even from the start are extremly hard to hit due to armor and shields.

Get a tank asap and stand behind it and it will allivate most of your troubles but honestly high strength will make your bg 1 experience so much better.


Actually you get gauntlets that gives you 18/100 once you reach Baldurs Gate, but you are still right. Low str playthrough in BG1 is annoying. If you are doing it though potions and lvl 2 wizard spell Strength helps a lot
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
July 15 2014 22:21 GMT
#1499
I don't know if they changed it for BGEE, but the way I remember it all you need for bg1 is wands. Mass fire/summon/ice wands.
Frankenberry
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark302 Posts
July 15 2014 22:37 GMT
#1500
On July 16 2014 07:21 Xafnia wrote:
I don't know if they changed it for BGEE, but the way I remember it all you need for bg1 is wands. Mass fire/summon/ice wands.


You remember more or less correctly. You can complete the game in many differents ways, so usings wands / scrolls / potions / etc. is just one of many ways
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 80 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1657
RotterdaM1016
TaKeTV 273
SteadfastSC213
IndyStarCraft 207
ZombieGrub98
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1657
RotterdaM 1016
MaxPax 241
SteadfastSC 213
IndyStarCraft 207
RuFF_SC2 141
ZombieGrub98
Nina 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2571
Shuttle 432
Mind 65
910 62
Bale 13
Counter-Strike
Fnx 712
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu917
Other Games
summit1g5282
Grubby2655
shahzam534
Beastyqt504
ToD204
C9.Mang0202
UpATreeSC50
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV237
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 184
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 33
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2694
League of Legends
• TFBlade500
Other Games
• imaqtpie885
• Shiphtur308
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 22m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 22m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
14h 22m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.