• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:19
CEST 15:19
KST 22:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10948 users

Diablo 2 is a creepy game - Page 5

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15 16 Next All
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
August 12 2010 04:26 GMT
#81
op didn't contain the racks with dead bodies and limbs chained/streched apart on them
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
August 12 2010 04:30 GMT
#82
Oh, Diablo 2... I remember I was a kid, I was watching my friend play the game, and he let me try it out. I instantly got hooked and bought a copy for myself in a couple of months. The creepiness of the game was definitely there and I remember I was kinda scared to play it at night (before I had internet connection). Once I got internet (AOL...), I started to play online, and the game's creepiness went away since all I did was kill cows and try to get better items. Looking back, the game's design, characters, and lore was awesome. Too bad Diablo 3 looks nothing like it...
Icysoul
Profile Joined December 2007
Canada254 Posts
August 12 2010 04:42 GMT
#83
i think with the lower res sprites and the image quality compared to the image quality that blizzard is expected to come out with in diablo 3, its hard for them to recreate that atmosphere. I mean its one thing to see a lower res sprite dead body, but another thing to see a graphic HD realistic dead body. Maybe blizzard don't want the media attention or something that tells ppl video games are too violent for the kids.

But granted, the last thing i want is Diablo 3 ranted E, or even T. But just looking at the death animation from the boss fight vid, i don't think we'll have to worry TOO much about how diablo 3 will look.
ZaplinG
Profile Blog Joined February 2005
United States3818 Posts
August 12 2010 04:51 GMT
#84
my parent almost didnt let me buy diablo back in the day because they knew the name meant devil. Then they saw the box cover and screenshots and were like... ehhhhhhhh....

i just reassured them that i wasnt going to flip out and sadistically kill people


The butcher was scary as FUCK. I remember my heart just POUNDING like it was going to come out of my chest the first time I fought him.

The hell levels were absolutely gory and terrifying too
Don't believe the florist when he tells you that the roses are free
TOloseGT
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1145 Posts
August 12 2010 05:18 GMT
#85
I must be weird, because I was never scared playing D1/D2/LoD. I almost pissed my pants playing the the Shadow Temple in Ocarina of Time though.
InfusedTT.DaZe
Profile Joined August 2010
Romania693 Posts
August 12 2010 05:57 GMT
#86
it's funny i didn't notice all of this when i was a kid ... any way the game was wayyy to fun :D
"Echoes of past events nudge the tiller on my present course, I await its reflection in the future"
ReaverDrop!
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada81 Posts
August 12 2010 06:00 GMT
#87

I never noticed those things when I was playing back when I was little... I just thought that Anderiel is naked and she has boobs.

EXACTLY
Bloodninja, nuff said.
KurtistheTurtle
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1966 Posts
August 12 2010 06:09 GMT
#88
when i realized andariel had nipple rings tied together with a chain, that disturbed me more than any other graphic in the game. why would she do that?

then later i learned about such things
“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears."
Cyrkulous
Profile Joined May 2009
United States204 Posts
August 12 2010 06:12 GMT
#89
NOT EVEN DEATH CAN SAVE YOU FROM ME
KurtistheTurtle
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1966 Posts
August 12 2010 06:18 GMT
#90
On August 12 2010 13:42 Icysoul wrote:
Maybe blizzard don't want the media attention or something that tells ppl video games are too violent for the kids.

they did a good job with d1, kind of turned a niche audience into something more. then d2 comes out: more of the same but better. in the 4th area theres a book talking about bathing in the blood of 100 virgins. holy fuck.

but now imagine you're releasing the sequel to one of the most oft copied games in the world. it's going to get so much attention, scrutiny, and criticism that, for business reasons, you really can't fuck it up the way some people want it. put something in there that will frighten away a younger demographic (or more likely their parents). give the sensationalist media something to pick out, take out of context and give the game tons of really bad press.. not even death will save them from the shareholders
“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears."
shadesofkarma
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Romania708 Posts
August 12 2010 06:39 GMT
#91
I don't see D3 being as gory or gothic as D2, I think it's the atmosphere is gonna be something like all the recent Diablo-esque games... Dungeon Siege, Titans Quest, Torchlight, Fate, etc. etc.

The initial screenshots for D3 don't look that great and Blizzard North (original core of guys behind Diablo and D2) left Blizz long time ago.

Let's hope for the best though~
Shizuru~
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Malaysia1676 Posts
August 12 2010 06:47 GMT
#92
yeh, diablo was definately one of the most hardcore shit back in the days compare to what we have nowadays.


i wouldn't count on Blizzard making D3 as hardcore/manly as the previous series judging by their recent development direction though...
Metalwing
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Turkey1038 Posts
August 12 2010 06:52 GMT
#93
On August 12 2010 08:40 illu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2010 08:38 jodogohoo wrote:
yeah man : ( when i was playing d2 as a kid... i was cleanly freaked out by all this shit : (


I never noticed those things when I was playing back when I was little... I just thought that Anderiel is naked and she has boobs.


Andariel's boobs were the main event.
#1 CheckPrime fan // Terrans gonna Terran
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
August 12 2010 06:54 GMT
#94
On August 12 2010 15:39 shadesofkarma wrote:
I don't see D3 being as gory or gothic as D2, I think it's the atmosphere is gonna be something like all the recent Diablo-esque games... Dungeon Siege, Titans Quest, Torchlight, Fate, etc. etc.

The initial screenshots for D3 don't look that great and Blizzard North (original core of guys behind Diablo and D2) left Blizz long time ago.

Let's hope for the best though~


DS2 broken world was creepy as fuck. The atmosphere of D2 wasn't scary for me at all (mainly because it's kinda impossible not to rape anyone and anything campaigning in that game as long as you play it proper). Broken World, however, creeps me out because of all the blood and gore (fking lots of it at some points) in high detail. I was raping still, but I actually was concentrating on killing fast and gtfo.

Someone was saying that it's hard to recreate the atmosphere in D2 with such high detail graphic. I think the problem is more like making that atmosphere in 3D and not have everyone flipping a shit over it. I mean, with such high-detailed graphics nowdays it's hard to make a body on a stick and not make it noticable.
Fan of the Jangbanger
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
August 12 2010 06:56 GMT
#95
On August 12 2010 15:18 KurtistheTurtle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2010 13:42 Icysoul wrote:
Maybe blizzard don't want the media attention or something that tells ppl video games are too violent for the kids.

they did a good job with d1, kind of turned a niche audience into something more. then d2 comes out: more of the same but better. in the 4th area theres a book talking about bathing in the blood of 100 virgins. holy fuck.

but now imagine you're releasing the sequel to one of the most oft copied games in the world. it's going to get so much attention, scrutiny, and criticism that, for business reasons, you really can't fuck it up the way some people want it. put something in there that will frighten away a younger demographic (or more likely their parents). give the sensationalist media something to pick out, take out of context and give the game tons of really bad press.. not even death will save them from the shareholders


I SEE WAT YOU DID DAR
Fan of the Jangbanger
illu
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2531 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-12 07:01:09
August 12 2010 06:59 GMT
#96
On August 12 2010 13:26 CharlieMurphy wrote:
op didn't contain the racks with dead bodies and limbs chained/streched apart on them


Ah, I know those. You are referring to the Barracks, right?

On August 12 2010 15:12 Cyrkulous wrote:
NOT EVEN DEATH CAN SAVE YOU FROM ME


YOU ARE TOO LATE, MUAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA
:]
tetley[o11]
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada8 Posts
August 12 2010 07:16 GMT
#97
so good
Corr
Profile Joined January 2009
Denmark796 Posts
August 12 2010 07:17 GMT
#98
Diablo 2 just didn't capture the atmosphere that Diablo 1 did, I guess there were too many large open areas that were too bright and the music wasn't nearly as gloomy for the most part. I think the closest you came to D1 feel was in the act 3 sewer places (which has some of the D1 music iirc)

D1... I sure as hell wasn't going to play that on my own while it was dark outside. Granted, I was only 10 or so
Disarray
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States1164 Posts
August 12 2010 07:36 GMT
#99
there is a quote, from a diablo 3 interview sometime ago that said something along the lines of "Diablo is a different brand, its not like warcraft or starcraft, its more mature and gothic, and we want to keep it that way"

I wish I could find it, maybe some people would find it re-assuring, but going to google there is like 56million diablo 3 interviews = (
Input limit reached. Please wait to perform more actions.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
August 12 2010 07:55 GMT
#100
On August 12 2010 09:41 illu wrote:
I was watching this video:



At the end the player receives the Veil of Steel! O wow! I used to know that item only in Diablo 2 as a pretty crappy unique.


ALDARIS?!
Commentator
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1435
WardiTV646
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6318
Bisu 2299
Jaedong 1164
EffOrt 510
Horang2 394
actioN 311
Mini 277
ZerO 214
ggaemo 161
Larva 146
[ Show more ]
Mind 110
Pusan 103
Sharp 73
Dewaltoss 71
Shinee 69
Bale 63
Barracks 60
Snow 59
Hyun 59
Yoon 52
hero 40
ToSsGirL 37
NotJumperer 30
sorry 25
scan(afreeca) 19
Sacsri 16
zelot 13
Noble 12
Trap 11
Rock 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
NaDa 7
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc3717
qojqva1669
Dendi937
Counter-Strike
markeloff86
Other Games
olofmeister1113
hiko720
B2W.Neo536
Lowko360
crisheroes299
DeMusliM243
Pyrionflax197
Livibee149
Liquid`VortiX100
QueenE87
Mew2King60
Hui .54
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 48
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV763
League of Legends
• Jankos1906
• Nemesis1336
• TFBlade441
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 42m
Patches Events
1d 2h
The PondCast
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.