• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:51
CEST 11:51
KST 18:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8019 users

Diablo 2 is a creepy game - Page 6

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 16 Next All
TRAP[yoo]
Profile Joined December 2009
Hungary6026 Posts
August 12 2010 08:04 GMT
#101
the diablo series is the best!
FTD
Antiochus
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada548 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-12 08:15:25
August 12 2010 08:15 GMT
#102
On August 12 2010 15:54 O-ops wrote:
Someone was saying that it's hard to recreate the atmosphere in D2 with such high detail graphic. I think the problem is more like making that atmosphere in 3D and not have everyone flipping a shit over it. I mean, with such high-detailed graphics nowdays it's hard to make a body on a stick and not make it noticable.


That's acctually a really good point literally hundreds of high res corpses everywhere not to mention what the butchers room would look like in high resolution 3d, fresh meat indeed.
All play and no work makes Jack unemployed.
writer22816
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States5775 Posts
August 12 2010 08:19 GMT
#103
Diablo 2 wasn't that scary imo. But Diablo 1...oh my god. The butcher scene gave me a heart attack.
8/4/12 never forget, never forgive.
Sprouter
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1724 Posts
August 12 2010 08:21 GMT
#104
i'd have anxiety attacks whenever i came up to the butcher's room
Sprouter
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1724 Posts
August 12 2010 08:31 GMT
#105
i'd have anxiety attacks whenever i came up to the butcher's room
Blackhawk13
Profile Joined April 2010
United States442 Posts
August 12 2010 08:40 GMT
#106
i never even really put much thought into this. i guess im pretty desensitized to online stuff like this

LeDuck
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany152 Posts
August 12 2010 08:55 GMT
#107
I fucking hated the butcher back then, I was too scared to open the door, so I always fought against him after I finished lvl 4. I remember my hand shaking like crazy, my heart beating faster and the fear everytime I heard "Ahhh fresh meat". Diablo 2 had some nice scenes, but this is nothing compared to the horror that is Diablo 1.
Quack
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
August 12 2010 08:58 GMT
#108
Myeah, butcher was awesome, I remember spending all my money on a scroll of firewall to take him down :p
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Ayush_SCtoss
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
India3051 Posts
August 12 2010 09:01 GMT
#109
Omg, The butcher scared the shit out of me. I was like wtf, and then I got pwned
Diablo 2 was also scary for me. I really doubt Blizzard would make Diablo 3 a game with rainbows and all. I mean, they got a lot to live up to, all that creepiness, gore and all. It wouldn't make sense.
I am pretty sure they would lose a lot of customers.

End my suffering
Kwidowmaker
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada978 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-12 09:15:19
August 12 2010 09:12 GMT
#110
Oh my god Diablo 1 was shittacularily scary. I know everyone was scared by the butcher but damnit so was I. As soon as I opened his door and heard that bastard's growl I bee lined for the stairs and stopped playing. Then I started again and, a little more ready with my bow at my side, opened his door and ran to a gated area and closed the door after me. My heart was pounding out of my chest and if I knew how to swear by god I would have been a sailor. Even though he was beyond the door I'd almost cry whenever he walked into the dark areas because I thought he had found a way to get to me :S

Now that I've discovered the magical psychological effects of THC I'm hoping D3 is as good as the first so I can experience it all again!
Kk.
rainei
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada1316 Posts
August 12 2010 09:25 GMT
#111
On August 12 2010 16:55 GTR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2010 09:41 illu wrote:
I was watching this video:



At the end the player receives the Veil of Steel! O wow! I used to know that item only in Diablo 2 as a pretty crappy unique.


ALDARIS?!


WE HAVE COME TO ARREST YOU TASSADAR!!!

holy smokes, it definitely is Aldaris.

I really loved the art style of D2, so I recreated some scenes with my lego men and some army men fortress, as well as copious amounts of red paint.

I still remember when I finally got a skeleton legoman, I was so happy so I could finally make a bone wand for my necromancer lego dude.
All aboard the HSY fanboat/train/ whatever form of transportation you desire!! Everyday is Sojin day
Mortis
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States217 Posts
August 12 2010 09:25 GMT
#112
On August 12 2010 16:55 GTR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2010 09:41 illu wrote:
I was watching this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4c5mSudwxU&feature=related

At the end the player receives the Veil of Steel! O wow! I used to know that item only in Diablo 2 as a pretty crappy unique.


ALDARIS?!


CAN'T BE UNHEARD!!!

On topic: I think the reason these games will always remain so classic and scary, far beyond our childhoods is because as children, we all had the best imaginations. Honestly, children have the most creative, and active imaginations. It scared me because I thought any second the butcher or diablo himself was going to pop out and grab me.
iD.NicKy
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
France767 Posts
August 12 2010 09:44 GMT
#113
That's why i prefer d2 over warcraft universe..
warcraft is chidlish
-Desu-
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Turkey173 Posts
August 12 2010 09:46 GMT
#114
Diablo 1 is far more creepy and I literally scared when I played that game when I was 14.

Butcher's Room > All creepy stuff you can see in Diablo Series...
GinNtoniC
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Sweden2945 Posts
August 12 2010 09:51 GMT
#115
On August 12 2010 08:45 Royalcommand wrote:
this is nothing compared to diablo 1. THAT game scared the living shit out of me as a child lol diablo 2 was a walk in the park compared to diablo 1

This. Diablo I to me has a much darker feeling to it. Granted, I was yougner when I played it, but the atmosphere seemed much darker, grittier. The catacombs scared the living shit out of me as a child.
Not to mention The Butcher.
Huge fan of JulyZerg, HonestTea and that guy Kim Taek Yong.
GinNtoniC
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Sweden2945 Posts
August 12 2010 09:53 GMT
#116
On August 12 2010 18:25 rainei wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2010 16:55 GTR wrote:
On August 12 2010 09:41 illu wrote:
I was watching this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4c5mSudwxU&feature=related

At the end the player receives the Veil of Steel! O wow! I used to know that item only in Diablo 2 as a pretty crappy unique.


ALDARIS?!


WE HAVE COME TO ARREST YOU TASSADAR!!!

holy smokes, it definitely is Aldaris.

I really loved the art style of D2, so I recreated some scenes with my lego men and some army men fortress, as well as copious amounts of red paint.

I still remember when I finally got a skeleton legoman, I was so happy so I could finally make a bone wand for my necromancer lego dude.

Oh yeah that voice actor is all over Diablo I. He speaks in nearly every other paper scroll you read inside the dungeons. There is a text on the 3rd level that speaks of Lazarus, which has his voice to it as well. I bet there are dozens of places where his voice can be heard.
Huge fan of JulyZerg, HonestTea and that guy Kim Taek Yong.
meegrean
Profile Joined May 2008
Thailand7699 Posts
August 12 2010 09:53 GMT
#117
didn't bug me at all. maybe i'm too used to this kind of thing.
Brood War loyalist
Kwidowmaker
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada978 Posts
August 12 2010 10:02 GMT
#118
On August 12 2010 18:51 GinNtoniC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2010 08:45 Royalcommand wrote:
this is nothing compared to diablo 1. THAT game scared the living shit out of me as a child lol diablo 2 was a walk in the park compared to diablo 1

This. Diablo I to me has a much darker feeling to it. Granted, I was yougner when I played it, but the atmosphere seemed much darker, grittier. The catacombs scared the living shit out of me as a child.
Not to mention The Butcher.


Oh man those ugly ass shaved monkeys that dripped and made the gurgly dry heave noise when they attacked are the things of nightmares.
Kk.
mmp
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2130 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-12 10:16:12
August 12 2010 10:12 GMT
#119
The gore seems about on par with most other games at that time. Ever play the Myth series?

I think Diablo is just cornered into a niche genre of demonic hack & slash (e.g. Doom). It's nothing like a horror game, but it compensates for lack of plot, character development, and other convincing qualities by challenging your sensibilities. You see a cop out for gore and sex in a lot of simplistic games.
I (λ (foo) (and (<3 foo) ( T_T foo) (RAGE foo) )) Starcraft
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
August 12 2010 10:28 GMT
#120
On August 12 2010 18:01 Ayush_SCtoss wrote:
Omg, The butcher scared the shit out of me. I was like wtf, and then I got pwned
Diablo 2 was also scary for me. I really doubt Blizzard would make Diablo 3 a game with rainbows and all. I mean, they got a lot to live up to, all that creepiness, gore and all. It wouldn't make sense.
I am pretty sure they would lose a lot of customers.


[image loading]
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech36
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 397
EffOrt 386
Zeus 378
Larva 286
Pusan 96
Mind 92
Jaedong 68
sorry 66
Hyun 60
ggaemo 56
[ Show more ]
Killer 51
scan(afreeca) 51
Barracks 45
Bale 44
NotJumperer 31
Sharp 31
Yoon 25
Sacsri 18
Hm[arnc] 15
Shinee 15
Noble 7
Dota 2
febbydoto101
League of Legends
JimRising 396
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1419
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King88
Other Games
summit1g7875
ceh9636
Happy350
crisheroes219
Sick180
dupreeh93
Pyrionflax92
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick576
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast8
• LUISG 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2277
League of Legends
• Jankos1078
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 9m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 9m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.