• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:30
CEST 17:30
KST 00:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8028 users

World of Tanks - Page 66

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 69 Next
sekalf
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden522 Posts
July 05 2013 17:55 GMT
#1301
On July 06 2013 01:42 Serejai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2013 07:46 sekalf wrote:
On July 05 2013 06:28 Serejai wrote:
I was originally going to rush to the T6 tank but then I realized getting 26k experience is going to take a while at my current rate of about 1k an hour. So, instead I opted to go ahead and upgrade the SU-85 a bit and just farm credits here during the 4th of July weekend.

Rushing to new tanks wont do you no good really, just because you get higher tiers doesnt mean you will do better since you will get put against higher tier tanks.
Then again, if you dont like the tank you should probably try some other tank. The game is about having fun, and if you dont like the tank then you wont have fun.
If you dont like the SU85 then you probably wont like any of the other tanks in that tank tree.

I picked the derp gun because I felt like I couldn't kill anything with the 85mm I was using (stock one). 50-120 damage a shot on average when most tanks I'm being matched against are T6/T7 with like 800+ HP and can also shoot me for 300+ damage a shot. I pretty much get one shot off then die because they do twice my damage and four times my health. I was hoping the 122mm would alleviate that a bit since it would only take 1-2 shots to kill most tanks. However, the awful accuracy and low penetration make it worse than the 85mm.

As I said, theres no point using HE ammo in derp guns. You wont pen anything and you will do very low damage when you dont pen.
The top 85 mm gun is very good for its tier, the tank is way better with that gun equipped.

I'm just at a loss for what to do. If I get a match with other Tier 5s I do just fine... but 90% of my games involve me being at the very bottom of the list against a bunch of Tier 7s that I can't even damage. Seems like the only T5s that have any success at all are the KV-1s.


The matchmaking is random, sometimes you are lowest tier. That is the same for all tanks except the absolute top tiers.
It may feel like you are always bottom tier, but Im sure its not the case.
The KV1 is nice, but has its negative sides as well. Mostly its terrible speed.

It would be interesting to see a replay of yours to see how you play. Since I had a great time in the SU85 (60% winrate only solo play) I dont know why you arent having much success in it.



I'm not actually sure how to save replays but here's my profile page if it provides any info: http://worldoftanks.com/community/accounts/1005210269-Serejai/

Basically I just sit in a bush and snipe all game. Kill someone, then relocate to avoid artillery hitting me. Rinse and repeat. The problem is that my teammates are... unreliable, to say the least. If I have decent teammates that actually spot for me and whatnot then I will go 3-5 kills a match and live until we win. If, however, all the light tanks and heavy tanks on my team also sit in bushes and try to snipe... then I never really get the chance to shoot anything and generally I die because the other team spots me with their light tanks and one of their snipers, who I can't even see, takes me out (and the rest of my team).

I have about a 50% winrate overall and it's pretty black and white as to whether or not I win or lose. Every win involves more than 2/3rds of my team alive at the end and every loss involves more than 2/3rds of the enemy team alive at the end. It's literally a coin toss as to which team gets the good players and which team gets the less-stellar ones, and if I'm on the winning team I always do amazing.

In short I guess my issue isn't the actual SU-85 itself (although I do feel like the SU-76 was much more powerful for its tier, as was the SU-85B) but more or less the fact that if I have bad teammates I can't really do anything at all with it.


Yeah a bad team will make you lose no matter how good you play, thats for sure. But on the other hand, thats true for all players. You just have to play as good as you can under the circumstances.
Win rate is (in my opinion) one of the worst stats to look at since you can artificially increase it by playing in good platoons.
However, having a 50% winrate is perfectly fine for anyone playing solo.

A good place to look at you stats is www.noobmeter.com
It shows your stats over time and also a lot more in-depth. One of the most important stats is "WN7" or "WN6", it calculates a lot of things (like kills and damage done and such) and then converts it to a score. "Efficiency" is a similar system, but using a different way to calculate that score.

If you want to record a replay you can check a tick-box called Enable Battle Replay (or something similar) under the settings.
The replay is saved on your harddrive in the wot folder and then you can upload the file to any website.
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
July 05 2013 18:12 GMT
#1302
Interesting website. I notice it lists the SU-85 as one of the weakest tanks for this tier and the SU-85B as one of the strongest last tier. This seems to mirror my in-game experiences as well. It makes me feel a bit better knowing I didn't suddenly start playing terribly once I hit Tier 5.

I'll start recording replays and upload some. I'm sure there are lots of things I can improve on.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Elegance
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada917 Posts
July 05 2013 18:20 GMT
#1303
holy shit the T-150 is good. I'm only a "decent" player (only played for a month) and somehow i have a 2000-2100 efficiency with that tank after 34 games.
Power of Ze
rd
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2586 Posts
July 05 2013 23:57 GMT
#1304
On July 06 2013 03:20 Elegance wrote:
holy shit the T-150 is good. I'm only a "decent" player (only played for a month) and somehow i have a 2000-2100 efficiency with that tank after 34 games.


The 107 is one of the best guns in tier 6, and the T-150's armor can bounce a KV-1S when angled properly. It's a beast of a tank if you can stay well positioned.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
July 06 2013 01:52 GMT
#1305
On July 06 2013 08:57 rd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 06 2013 03:20 Elegance wrote:
holy shit the T-150 is good. I'm only a "decent" player (only played for a month) and somehow i have a 2000-2100 efficiency with that tank after 34 games.


The 107 is one of the best guns in tier 6, and the T-150's armor can bounce a KV-1S when angled properly. It's a beast of a tank if you can stay well positioned.

After just over 1000 games I've finally decided to focus mostly on the Russian heavy line, especially since the KV-1 was one of my favorite (and best played) tanks. I finally spent the credits to get the KV-1S and I'm loving it so far, despite it being more like a medium than a heavy (very close to the top gun too yayaya). I'm equally excited to try the T-150, since I loved played the KV-1 as a tank that could take a beating, and I'm excited to work up both the KV-1S -> IS line as I am to get to the KV-3 and 4, for different reasons. It's nice to have some tanks that I really feel like fit my playstyle and allow me to focus my efforts rather than do the daily double on 6-8+ tanks >_>

Right now playing the VK 36.01 and the KV-1S as I mentioned. Having a blast with both. I feel like I can probably play the Tiger/E75 line, the KV1S/IS7 line, and the T150/KV3/4/STI line for a very very long time and enjoy it...
rd
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2586 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-06 06:09:13
July 06 2013 06:04 GMT
#1306
On July 06 2013 10:52 Duka08 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 06 2013 08:57 rd wrote:
On July 06 2013 03:20 Elegance wrote:
holy shit the T-150 is good. I'm only a "decent" player (only played for a month) and somehow i have a 2000-2100 efficiency with that tank after 34 games.


The 107 is one of the best guns in tier 6, and the T-150's armor can bounce a KV-1S when angled properly. It's a beast of a tank if you can stay well positioned.

After just over 1000 games I've finally decided to focus mostly on the Russian heavy line, especially since the KV-1 was one of my favorite (and best played) tanks. I finally spent the credits to get the KV-1S and I'm loving it so far, despite it being more like a medium than a heavy (very close to the top gun too yayaya). I'm equally excited to try the T-150, since I loved played the KV-1 as a tank that could take a beating, and I'm excited to work up both the KV-1S -> IS line as I am to get to the KV-3 and 4, for different reasons. It's nice to have some tanks that I really feel like fit my playstyle and allow me to focus my efforts rather than do the daily double on 6-8+ tanks >_>

Right now playing the VK 36.01 and the KV-1S as I mentioned. Having a blast with both. I feel like I can probably play the Tiger/E75 line, the KV1S/IS7 line, and the T150/KV3/4/STI line for a very very long time and enjoy it...


If you liked the KV-1 you'll love the T-150. It's an actual tier 6 heavy that plays exactly like the KV-1 did. It's actually near impervious when angled from a distance. I despised the KV-3 though, it's armor wasn't good enough to justify how slow it was, though it has the IS's amazing 122. I unlocked the KV-4 but didn't buy it yet, but I hear it's a much bigger improvement. That tank is very hard to pen without a point blank shot to the MG port or a very high pen gun.

I'll actually be blunt though, and tell you that the Russian heavy line is -not- the line to focus on. A year ago they would have been, but their flagship tier 10 tanks at the end of the line are now among the worst of all tier 10 tanks, and they would be THE worst if the Maus didn't own that claim. The IS-7's speed was nerfed in the physics patch, and it's gun is terribly underpowered. The IS-4 has a better gun, but it's slow, it has non-existent frontal armor, and it's gun falls below average.

If your goal isn't tier 10 tanks though, the Russian heavy line definitely holds a LOT of the best tanks across their respective tiers. Just not at tier 10. If you want a heavy line to finish to the end, go American. They have the two best heavies in the game currently at tier 10, and have a lot of tanks that compete for best at the lower tiers.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
July 06 2013 06:21 GMT
#1307
On July 06 2013 15:04 rd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 06 2013 10:52 Duka08 wrote:
On July 06 2013 08:57 rd wrote:
On July 06 2013 03:20 Elegance wrote:
holy shit the T-150 is good. I'm only a "decent" player (only played for a month) and somehow i have a 2000-2100 efficiency with that tank after 34 games.


The 107 is one of the best guns in tier 6, and the T-150's armor can bounce a KV-1S when angled properly. It's a beast of a tank if you can stay well positioned.

After just over 1000 games I've finally decided to focus mostly on the Russian heavy line, especially since the KV-1 was one of my favorite (and best played) tanks. I finally spent the credits to get the KV-1S and I'm loving it so far, despite it being more like a medium than a heavy (very close to the top gun too yayaya). I'm equally excited to try the T-150, since I loved played the KV-1 as a tank that could take a beating, and I'm excited to work up both the KV-1S -> IS line as I am to get to the KV-3 and 4, for different reasons. It's nice to have some tanks that I really feel like fit my playstyle and allow me to focus my efforts rather than do the daily double on 6-8+ tanks >_>

Right now playing the VK 36.01 and the KV-1S as I mentioned. Having a blast with both. I feel like I can probably play the Tiger/E75 line, the KV1S/IS7 line, and the T150/KV3/4/STI line for a very very long time and enjoy it...


If you liked the KV-1 you'll love the T-150. It's an actual tier 6 heavy that plays exactly like the KV-1 did. It's actually near impervious when angled from a distance. I despised the KV-3 though, it's armor wasn't good enough to justify how slow it was, though it has the IS's amazing 122. I unlocked the KV-4 but didn't buy it yet, but I hear it's a much bigger improvement. That tank is very hard to pen without a point blank shot to the MG port or a very high pen gun.

I'll actually be blunt though, and tell you that the Russian heavy line is -not- the line to focus on. A year ago they would have been, but their flagship tier 10 tanks at the end of the line are now among the worst of all tier 10 tanks, and they would be THE worst if the Maus didn't own that claim. The IS-7's speed was nerfed in the physics patch, and it's gun is terribly underpowered. The IS-4 has a better gun, but it's slow, it has non-existent frontal armor, and it's gun falls below average.

If your goal isn't tier 10 tanks though, the Russian heavy line definitely holds a LOT of the best tanks across their respective tiers. Just not at tier 10. If you want a heavy line to finish to the end, go American. They have the two best heavies in the game currently at tier 10, and have a lot of tanks that compete for best at the lower tiers.

Oh yeah trust me, I'll likely never make it to Tier 10

But on the off chance I decide to, I do also have the 110E5 in my sights. I'm climbing the Russian lines for the fun, but should the opportunity or motivation ever present itself, I've keeping a couple nice REAL T10 options open lol. The Russian lines are for the journey, as most if not all of the tanks along the way are quite good, or better, and fit my playstyle well.
rd
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2586 Posts
July 06 2013 08:15 GMT
#1308
On July 06 2013 15:21 Duka08 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 06 2013 15:04 rd wrote:
On July 06 2013 10:52 Duka08 wrote:
On July 06 2013 08:57 rd wrote:
On July 06 2013 03:20 Elegance wrote:
holy shit the T-150 is good. I'm only a "decent" player (only played for a month) and somehow i have a 2000-2100 efficiency with that tank after 34 games.


The 107 is one of the best guns in tier 6, and the T-150's armor can bounce a KV-1S when angled properly. It's a beast of a tank if you can stay well positioned.

After just over 1000 games I've finally decided to focus mostly on the Russian heavy line, especially since the KV-1 was one of my favorite (and best played) tanks. I finally spent the credits to get the KV-1S and I'm loving it so far, despite it being more like a medium than a heavy (very close to the top gun too yayaya). I'm equally excited to try the T-150, since I loved played the KV-1 as a tank that could take a beating, and I'm excited to work up both the KV-1S -> IS line as I am to get to the KV-3 and 4, for different reasons. It's nice to have some tanks that I really feel like fit my playstyle and allow me to focus my efforts rather than do the daily double on 6-8+ tanks >_>

Right now playing the VK 36.01 and the KV-1S as I mentioned. Having a blast with both. I feel like I can probably play the Tiger/E75 line, the KV1S/IS7 line, and the T150/KV3/4/STI line for a very very long time and enjoy it...


If you liked the KV-1 you'll love the T-150. It's an actual tier 6 heavy that plays exactly like the KV-1 did. It's actually near impervious when angled from a distance. I despised the KV-3 though, it's armor wasn't good enough to justify how slow it was, though it has the IS's amazing 122. I unlocked the KV-4 but didn't buy it yet, but I hear it's a much bigger improvement. That tank is very hard to pen without a point blank shot to the MG port or a very high pen gun.

I'll actually be blunt though, and tell you that the Russian heavy line is -not- the line to focus on. A year ago they would have been, but their flagship tier 10 tanks at the end of the line are now among the worst of all tier 10 tanks, and they would be THE worst if the Maus didn't own that claim. The IS-7's speed was nerfed in the physics patch, and it's gun is terribly underpowered. The IS-4 has a better gun, but it's slow, it has non-existent frontal armor, and it's gun falls below average.

If your goal isn't tier 10 tanks though, the Russian heavy line definitely holds a LOT of the best tanks across their respective tiers. Just not at tier 10. If you want a heavy line to finish to the end, go American. They have the two best heavies in the game currently at tier 10, and have a lot of tanks that compete for best at the lower tiers.

Oh yeah trust me, I'll likely never make it to Tier 10

But on the off chance I decide to, I do also have the 110E5 in my sights. I'm climbing the Russian lines for the fun, but should the opportunity or motivation ever present itself, I've keeping a couple nice REAL T10 options open lol. The Russian lines are for the journey, as most if not all of the tanks along the way are quite good, or better, and fit my playstyle well.


I'm just saying if you're going to focus on climbing up a line, the American is the one to do it. The Russian heavies are the tanks you play once a day for the daily bonus. I got the IS-8 just before the IS-7 was nerfed and now I'm at the T-44 grinding up to the T-54. T-54 line is another really good russian line, though it's played completely differently.
m4inbrain
Profile Joined November 2011
1505 Posts
July 06 2013 15:51 GMT
#1309
On July 06 2013 17:15 rd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 06 2013 15:21 Duka08 wrote:
On July 06 2013 15:04 rd wrote:
On July 06 2013 10:52 Duka08 wrote:
On July 06 2013 08:57 rd wrote:
On July 06 2013 03:20 Elegance wrote:
holy shit the T-150 is good. I'm only a "decent" player (only played for a month) and somehow i have a 2000-2100 efficiency with that tank after 34 games.


The 107 is one of the best guns in tier 6, and the T-150's armor can bounce a KV-1S when angled properly. It's a beast of a tank if you can stay well positioned.

After just over 1000 games I've finally decided to focus mostly on the Russian heavy line, especially since the KV-1 was one of my favorite (and best played) tanks. I finally spent the credits to get the KV-1S and I'm loving it so far, despite it being more like a medium than a heavy (very close to the top gun too yayaya). I'm equally excited to try the T-150, since I loved played the KV-1 as a tank that could take a beating, and I'm excited to work up both the KV-1S -> IS line as I am to get to the KV-3 and 4, for different reasons. It's nice to have some tanks that I really feel like fit my playstyle and allow me to focus my efforts rather than do the daily double on 6-8+ tanks >_>

Right now playing the VK 36.01 and the KV-1S as I mentioned. Having a blast with both. I feel like I can probably play the Tiger/E75 line, the KV1S/IS7 line, and the T150/KV3/4/STI line for a very very long time and enjoy it...


If you liked the KV-1 you'll love the T-150. It's an actual tier 6 heavy that plays exactly like the KV-1 did. It's actually near impervious when angled from a distance. I despised the KV-3 though, it's armor wasn't good enough to justify how slow it was, though it has the IS's amazing 122. I unlocked the KV-4 but didn't buy it yet, but I hear it's a much bigger improvement. That tank is very hard to pen without a point blank shot to the MG port or a very high pen gun.

I'll actually be blunt though, and tell you that the Russian heavy line is -not- the line to focus on. A year ago they would have been, but their flagship tier 10 tanks at the end of the line are now among the worst of all tier 10 tanks, and they would be THE worst if the Maus didn't own that claim. The IS-7's speed was nerfed in the physics patch, and it's gun is terribly underpowered. The IS-4 has a better gun, but it's slow, it has non-existent frontal armor, and it's gun falls below average.

If your goal isn't tier 10 tanks though, the Russian heavy line definitely holds a LOT of the best tanks across their respective tiers. Just not at tier 10. If you want a heavy line to finish to the end, go American. They have the two best heavies in the game currently at tier 10, and have a lot of tanks that compete for best at the lower tiers.

Oh yeah trust me, I'll likely never make it to Tier 10

But on the off chance I decide to, I do also have the 110E5 in my sights. I'm climbing the Russian lines for the fun, but should the opportunity or motivation ever present itself, I've keeping a couple nice REAL T10 options open lol. The Russian lines are for the journey, as most if not all of the tanks along the way are quite good, or better, and fit my playstyle well.


I'm just saying if you're going to focus on climbing up a line, the American is the one to do it. The Russian heavies are the tanks you play once a day for the daily bonus. I got the IS-8 just before the IS-7 was nerfed and now I'm at the T-44 grinding up to the T-54. T-54 line is another really good russian line, though it's played completely differently.


If climbing up to Tier9 is the goal, it's the german heavy line. Also the WZ120, which is considered to be one if not the best T9 med ingame with basically the IS-4 gun (same RoF, pen, damage) on a nimble, small medium. Don't know about the T9 us autoloader, (forgot the name, i'm still stuck on the T71), but climbing up there is a pain in the butt. Especially to retrain from light to medium on T8 hurts.
Elegance
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada917 Posts
July 06 2013 20:26 GMT
#1310
looks like they forgot that the cromwell (and crusader) are getting 30% credit bonus for the on track event. Making loads of creds with the cromwell right now
Power of Ze
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
July 06 2013 20:32 GMT
#1311
On July 07 2013 05:26 Elegance wrote:
looks like they forgot that the cromwell (and crusader) are getting 30% credit bonus for the on track event. Making loads of creds with the cromwell right now

You sure that isn't the double credits for Tiers 5 and 6 this weekend?
rd
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2586 Posts
July 07 2013 03:01 GMT
#1312
On July 07 2013 00:51 m4inbrain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 06 2013 17:15 rd wrote:
On July 06 2013 15:21 Duka08 wrote:
On July 06 2013 15:04 rd wrote:
On July 06 2013 10:52 Duka08 wrote:
On July 06 2013 08:57 rd wrote:
On July 06 2013 03:20 Elegance wrote:
holy shit the T-150 is good. I'm only a "decent" player (only played for a month) and somehow i have a 2000-2100 efficiency with that tank after 34 games.


The 107 is one of the best guns in tier 6, and the T-150's armor can bounce a KV-1S when angled properly. It's a beast of a tank if you can stay well positioned.

After just over 1000 games I've finally decided to focus mostly on the Russian heavy line, especially since the KV-1 was one of my favorite (and best played) tanks. I finally spent the credits to get the KV-1S and I'm loving it so far, despite it being more like a medium than a heavy (very close to the top gun too yayaya). I'm equally excited to try the T-150, since I loved played the KV-1 as a tank that could take a beating, and I'm excited to work up both the KV-1S -> IS line as I am to get to the KV-3 and 4, for different reasons. It's nice to have some tanks that I really feel like fit my playstyle and allow me to focus my efforts rather than do the daily double on 6-8+ tanks >_>

Right now playing the VK 36.01 and the KV-1S as I mentioned. Having a blast with both. I feel like I can probably play the Tiger/E75 line, the KV1S/IS7 line, and the T150/KV3/4/STI line for a very very long time and enjoy it...


If you liked the KV-1 you'll love the T-150. It's an actual tier 6 heavy that plays exactly like the KV-1 did. It's actually near impervious when angled from a distance. I despised the KV-3 though, it's armor wasn't good enough to justify how slow it was, though it has the IS's amazing 122. I unlocked the KV-4 but didn't buy it yet, but I hear it's a much bigger improvement. That tank is very hard to pen without a point blank shot to the MG port or a very high pen gun.

I'll actually be blunt though, and tell you that the Russian heavy line is -not- the line to focus on. A year ago they would have been, but their flagship tier 10 tanks at the end of the line are now among the worst of all tier 10 tanks, and they would be THE worst if the Maus didn't own that claim. The IS-7's speed was nerfed in the physics patch, and it's gun is terribly underpowered. The IS-4 has a better gun, but it's slow, it has non-existent frontal armor, and it's gun falls below average.

If your goal isn't tier 10 tanks though, the Russian heavy line definitely holds a LOT of the best tanks across their respective tiers. Just not at tier 10. If you want a heavy line to finish to the end, go American. They have the two best heavies in the game currently at tier 10, and have a lot of tanks that compete for best at the lower tiers.

Oh yeah trust me, I'll likely never make it to Tier 10

But on the off chance I decide to, I do also have the 110E5 in my sights. I'm climbing the Russian lines for the fun, but should the opportunity or motivation ever present itself, I've keeping a couple nice REAL T10 options open lol. The Russian lines are for the journey, as most if not all of the tanks along the way are quite good, or better, and fit my playstyle well.


I'm just saying if you're going to focus on climbing up a line, the American is the one to do it. The Russian heavies are the tanks you play once a day for the daily bonus. I got the IS-8 just before the IS-7 was nerfed and now I'm at the T-44 grinding up to the T-54. T-54 line is another really good russian line, though it's played completely differently.


If climbing up to Tier9 is the goal, it's the german heavy line. Also the WZ120, which is considered to be one if not the best T9 med ingame with basically the IS-4 gun (same RoF, pen, damage) on a nimble, small medium. Don't know about the T9 us autoloader, (forgot the name, i'm still stuck on the T71), but climbing up there is a pain in the butt. Especially to retrain from light to medium on T8 hurts.


My goal wasn't tier 9, it's the T62A. I'd go for a T110E5, T57, Batchat, or a Leopard 1, but I'm much closer to the T62A.
Elegance
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada917 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-07 15:59:20
July 07 2013 15:57 GMT
#1313
On July 07 2013 05:32 Duka08 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2013 05:26 Elegance wrote:
looks like they forgot that the cromwell (and crusader) are getting 30% credit bonus for the on track event. Making loads of creds with the cromwell right now

You sure that isn't the double credits for Tiers 5 and 6 this weekend?

im getting 130% without top damage
Power of Ze
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-07 20:04:02
July 07 2013 20:03 GMT
#1314
The T-150 is really rough stock. Trying not to cave and spend some free XP on it.
Broetchenholer
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany1967 Posts
July 10 2013 14:45 GMT
#1315
The T-150 is easily my best tank. It's stronmgest point is probably the fact that no one fears it enough. The tank is usually so underrepresented, that no one has it on the radar. Then you start to fuck them up, bounce everything that is not a Hellcat or KV1S and give no damn

Although i really hated the tank for the first around 50 games, you need an experienced crew.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
July 10 2013 14:56 GMT
#1316
Yeah it's just a rough stock grind, moreso than I expected. By the time I get the real gun and presumably the rest of the modules, my crew will be 100% and it should be a blast.
rd
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2586 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-11 08:07:44
July 11 2013 08:07 GMT
#1317
On July 10 2013 23:56 Duka08 wrote:
Yeah it's just a rough stock grind, moreso than I expected. By the time I get the real gun and presumably the rest of the modules, my crew will be 100% and it should be a blast.


Are you using the 122? I barely noticed the difference transitioning from the KV-1 to the T-150. The 122 is an incredible gun, especially vs higher tier tanks. T-150 is definitely low on the list of bad stock tanks.
m4inbrain
Profile Joined November 2011
1505 Posts
July 11 2013 13:20 GMT
#1318
On July 07 2013 12:01 rd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2013 00:51 m4inbrain wrote:
On July 06 2013 17:15 rd wrote:
On July 06 2013 15:21 Duka08 wrote:
On July 06 2013 15:04 rd wrote:
On July 06 2013 10:52 Duka08 wrote:
On July 06 2013 08:57 rd wrote:
On July 06 2013 03:20 Elegance wrote:
holy shit the T-150 is good. I'm only a "decent" player (only played for a month) and somehow i have a 2000-2100 efficiency with that tank after 34 games.


The 107 is one of the best guns in tier 6, and the T-150's armor can bounce a KV-1S when angled properly. It's a beast of a tank if you can stay well positioned.

After just over 1000 games I've finally decided to focus mostly on the Russian heavy line, especially since the KV-1 was one of my favorite (and best played) tanks. I finally spent the credits to get the KV-1S and I'm loving it so far, despite it being more like a medium than a heavy (very close to the top gun too yayaya). I'm equally excited to try the T-150, since I loved played the KV-1 as a tank that could take a beating, and I'm excited to work up both the KV-1S -> IS line as I am to get to the KV-3 and 4, for different reasons. It's nice to have some tanks that I really feel like fit my playstyle and allow me to focus my efforts rather than do the daily double on 6-8+ tanks >_>

Right now playing the VK 36.01 and the KV-1S as I mentioned. Having a blast with both. I feel like I can probably play the Tiger/E75 line, the KV1S/IS7 line, and the T150/KV3/4/STI line for a very very long time and enjoy it...


If you liked the KV-1 you'll love the T-150. It's an actual tier 6 heavy that plays exactly like the KV-1 did. It's actually near impervious when angled from a distance. I despised the KV-3 though, it's armor wasn't good enough to justify how slow it was, though it has the IS's amazing 122. I unlocked the KV-4 but didn't buy it yet, but I hear it's a much bigger improvement. That tank is very hard to pen without a point blank shot to the MG port or a very high pen gun.

I'll actually be blunt though, and tell you that the Russian heavy line is -not- the line to focus on. A year ago they would have been, but their flagship tier 10 tanks at the end of the line are now among the worst of all tier 10 tanks, and they would be THE worst if the Maus didn't own that claim. The IS-7's speed was nerfed in the physics patch, and it's gun is terribly underpowered. The IS-4 has a better gun, but it's slow, it has non-existent frontal armor, and it's gun falls below average.

If your goal isn't tier 10 tanks though, the Russian heavy line definitely holds a LOT of the best tanks across their respective tiers. Just not at tier 10. If you want a heavy line to finish to the end, go American. They have the two best heavies in the game currently at tier 10, and have a lot of tanks that compete for best at the lower tiers.

Oh yeah trust me, I'll likely never make it to Tier 10

But on the off chance I decide to, I do also have the 110E5 in my sights. I'm climbing the Russian lines for the fun, but should the opportunity or motivation ever present itself, I've keeping a couple nice REAL T10 options open lol. The Russian lines are for the journey, as most if not all of the tanks along the way are quite good, or better, and fit my playstyle well.


I'm just saying if you're going to focus on climbing up a line, the American is the one to do it. The Russian heavies are the tanks you play once a day for the daily bonus. I got the IS-8 just before the IS-7 was nerfed and now I'm at the T-44 grinding up to the T-54. T-54 line is another really good russian line, though it's played completely differently.


If climbing up to Tier9 is the goal, it's the german heavy line. Also the WZ120, which is considered to be one if not the best T9 med ingame with basically the IS-4 gun (same RoF, pen, damage) on a nimble, small medium. Don't know about the T9 us autoloader, (forgot the name, i'm still stuck on the T71), but climbing up there is a pain in the butt. Especially to retrain from light to medium on T8 hurts.


My goal wasn't tier 9, it's the T62A. I'd go for a T110E5, T57, Batchat, or a Leopard 1, but I'm much closer to the T62A.


It was meant for Duka, since he said that he doesn't think he'll reach Tier10.

Elegance
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada917 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-11 15:08:47
July 11 2013 14:52 GMT
#1319
The comet seems rather sub par

edit: nvm its not that bad
Power of Ze
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
July 11 2013 16:15 GMT
#1320
On July 11 2013 17:07 rd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 23:56 Duka08 wrote:
Yeah it's just a rough stock grind, moreso than I expected. By the time I get the real gun and presumably the rest of the modules, my crew will be 100% and it should be a blast.


Are you using the 122? I barely noticed the difference transitioning from the KV-1 to the T-150. The 122 is an incredible gun, especially vs higher tier tanks. T-150 is definitely low on the list of bad stock tanks.

Idk it feels exactly like the KV-1 for now, but just one battle tier higher. I am using the 122, which I definitely under appreciated until I used it on the KV-1S grind until I got the top gun. I haven't played in a couple days, been busy, maybe I just had a rough day on the T-150 and it'll come around. I'm sure once I get a couple upgrades, especially that beastly cannon, it'll be a blast. It feels like driving a KV1 in higher tier games, which yes means still tanky and bouncing some shots, but a bit TOO sluggish to be coupled with a lack of a good gun.

Again, likely only stock. Very excited to get the upgrades.
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1361
WardiTV1037
OGKoka 269
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 269
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5107
Bisu 1984
Shuttle 956
Larva 756
Stork 500
EffOrt 499
BeSt 484
Horang2 357
actioN 299
Mini 264
[ Show more ]
Rush 241
Light 146
Mind 122
hero 103
910 89
Zeus 88
Yoon 86
Mong 66
Snow 66
Shinee 55
Barracks 49
sorry 48
Sea.KH 48
JYJ 38
Bale 29
Killer 28
ToSsGirL 28
Sexy 25
Aegong 22
HiyA 19
yabsab 17
Terrorterran 16
zelot 16
soO 13
scan(afreeca) 12
Free 10
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5619
qojqva2670
Dendi1119
febbydoto37
Counter-Strike
fl0m3509
Fnx 675
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko476
Other Games
singsing2523
hiko937
B2W.Neo750
TKL 696
Livibee344
XBOCT265
ceh9260
Hui .225
Liquid`VortiX216
XaKoH 147
Chillindude1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 25
• mYiSmile117
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 28
• iopq 13
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3248
• Jankos2088
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
30m
Replay Cast
7h 30m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 30m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
19h 30m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.