• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:45
CEST 14:45
KST 21:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6668 users

World of Tanks - Page 32

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 69 Next
WiljushkA
Profile Joined March 2006
Serbia1416 Posts
July 30 2012 22:17 GMT
#621
On July 30 2012 18:12 Nikon wrote:
Well, I just got my first T4 tank, chose the T-28 for the honour. Why does the T-28 have two radio operators by the way? Bad thing is that I had to sell the American tanks I had to free up space in the garage. Russian tech tree is quite filled out, and I wanted to keep the BT-2. I guess I'll get the KV-1 next

I'm not too sure if I'm willing to spend cash on this game yet, I've barely just begun playing it.

Also, how can I view the world map for clan wars?
And how does accelerated training for the crew work exactly? Is the exp split between the crew or do they all get the amount of exp you earned in the battle?


t28 has 2 radio operators since they were meant to use the little machinegun turrets pre ww II this was the idea behind it way back during the "infantry tank" doctrine.

you can only view the world map on the game's website.

accelerated training works like this - it doubles the exp recieved by the member of the crew with the least experience. it is represented on the crewmember's icon in the hangar by a little yellow house (or whatever it is).
"As much as I love the image of me F5-ing paypal every 15 minutes while fist pumping and screaming "SHIP THE MONEY BITCHES"" - Day9
KillerSOS
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4207 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-30 23:24:52
July 30 2012 23:24 GMT
#622
I'm really enjoying this game now. Playing in a T4 SPG and TD, T40 and Priest to be exact.

Really interested to see how they will integrate world of warplanes with this game.
Nikon
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bulgaria5710 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-31 07:38:22
July 31 2012 06:51 GMT
#623
Is there a place where I can see how much experience I need for Ace Tanker/1st Class/2nd Class/3rd Class badges for different tanks? I just got 770 exp on my BT-2 but I only have the 1st Class badge T_T
Also, sometimes I hit the enemy tank but no damage is done Really annoying, maybe I should start using HE shells?
And I guess I need Tier 10 tanks and stuff to get into a clan?
v1
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Estonia814 Posts
July 31 2012 12:16 GMT
#624
On July 31 2012 15:51 Nikon wrote:
Is there a place where I can see how much experience I need for Ace Tanker/1st Class/2nd Class/3rd Class badges for different tanks? I just got 770 exp on my BT-2 but I only have the 1st Class badge T_T


As far as I know there is no place where you can see how much experience you need for badges.

On July 31 2012 15:51 Nikon wrote:
Also, sometimes I hit the enemy tank but no damage is done Really annoying, maybe I should start using HE shells?


Actually the damage is done to the modules or crew.

On July 31 2012 15:51 Nikon wrote:
And I guess I need Tier 10 tanks and stuff to get into a clan?


It really depends on the clan, but yes - most of them wants you to have tier 10 tanks or tier 7-8 artillery.

Graphics
danl9rm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States3111 Posts
August 03 2012 02:01 GMT
#625
Guys, I need your incredible knowledge here in a serious way. I've read until my eyes have bled and I just still need info.

Here is my criteria: I need a tech tree that has really fast tanks with a pretty good gun. Torque/top end is more important than a strong gun, but I would like both, obviously. Fast turret traverse is also necessary. I don't care about armor, hitpoints, accuracy, reload time, pretty much anything except speed and gun power.

What should I do?!
HALP please
"Science has so well established that the preborn baby in the womb is a living human being that most pro-choice activists have conceded the point. ..since the abortion proponents have lost the science argument, they are now advocating an existential one."
rd
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2586 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-03 03:12:57
August 03 2012 03:12 GMT
#626
On August 03 2012 11:01 danl9rm wrote:
Guys, I need your incredible knowledge here in a serious way. I've read until my eyes have bled and I just still need info.

Here is my criteria: I need a tech tree that has really fast tanks with a pretty good gun. Torque/top end is more important than a strong gun, but I would like both, obviously. Fast turret traverse is also necessary. I don't care about armor, hitpoints, accuracy, reload time, pretty much anything except speed and gun power.

What should I do?!
HALP please


Try the french medium line, ultimately aspiring for a batchat. They have huge speed, and their guns are good enough to fuck up any tank when utilized properly.
danl9rm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States3111 Posts
August 03 2012 03:21 GMT
#627
On August 03 2012 12:12 rd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2012 11:01 danl9rm wrote:
Guys, I need your incredible knowledge here in a serious way. I've read until my eyes have bled and I just still need info.

Here is my criteria: I need a tech tree that has really fast tanks with a pretty good gun. Torque/top end is more important than a strong gun, but I would like both, obviously. Fast turret traverse is also necessary. I don't care about armor, hitpoints, accuracy, reload time, pretty much anything except speed and gun power.

What should I do?!
HALP please


Try the french medium line, ultimately aspiring for a batchat. They have huge speed, and their guns are good enough to fuck up any tank when utilized properly.


I was afraid someone might say that. Here we go!

Thanks
"Science has so well established that the preborn baby in the womb is a living human being that most pro-choice activists have conceded the point. ..since the abortion proponents have lost the science argument, they are now advocating an existential one."
rd
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2586 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-03 03:38:24
August 03 2012 03:35 GMT
#628
On August 03 2012 12:21 danl9rm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2012 12:12 rd wrote:
On August 03 2012 11:01 danl9rm wrote:
Guys, I need your incredible knowledge here in a serious way. I've read until my eyes have bled and I just still need info.

Here is my criteria: I need a tech tree that has really fast tanks with a pretty good gun. Torque/top end is more important than a strong gun, but I would like both, obviously. Fast turret traverse is also necessary. I don't care about armor, hitpoints, accuracy, reload time, pretty much anything except speed and gun power.

What should I do?!
HALP please


Try the french medium line, ultimately aspiring for a batchat. They have huge speed, and their guns are good enough to fuck up any tank when utilized properly.


I was afraid someone might say that. Here we go!

Thanks


Your description of a tank you want is pretty much medium tanks in a nutshell, since no light tank carries a gun big enough to dent anything that isn't an arty. Batchats are pretty much the #1 in clan wars. I'm not sure which would come second. Maybe a patton?
danl9rm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States3111 Posts
August 03 2012 04:08 GMT
#629
On August 03 2012 12:35 rd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2012 12:21 danl9rm wrote:
On August 03 2012 12:12 rd wrote:
On August 03 2012 11:01 danl9rm wrote:
Guys, I need your incredible knowledge here in a serious way. I've read until my eyes have bled and I just still need info.

Here is my criteria: I need a tech tree that has really fast tanks with a pretty good gun. Torque/top end is more important than a strong gun, but I would like both, obviously. Fast turret traverse is also necessary. I don't care about armor, hitpoints, accuracy, reload time, pretty much anything except speed and gun power.

What should I do?!
HALP please


Try the french medium line, ultimately aspiring for a batchat. They have huge speed, and their guns are good enough to fuck up any tank when utilized properly.


I was afraid someone might say that. Here we go!

Thanks


Your description of a tank you want is pretty much medium tanks in a nutshell, since no light tank carries a gun big enough to dent anything that isn't an arty. Batchats are pretty much the #1 in clan wars. I'm not sure which would come second. Maybe a patton?


I tried to go medium tanks german style first. I made it to tier 4 with the panzer III. It just doesn't even scratch anything. I have to pick on lower tier tanks to kill something. I enjoy circling the tank destroyers, but usually it takes me a dozen rounds to take one out and by that time one of their teammates has one-shot me :/

You said to go the french medium line... but they're all light tanks until tier 9! Am I going to be scouting until then? Or can they do what I want?
"Science has so well established that the preborn baby in the womb is a living human being that most pro-choice activists have conceded the point. ..since the abortion proponents have lost the science argument, they are now advocating an existential one."
Aesdea
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada24 Posts
August 03 2012 04:16 GMT
#630
Once you get past the AMX12t all the french light tanks have very decent guns for their tier. You usually have to flank to hit sides or the rear against heavier tanks, but with the speed and agility available that's not a huge issue. Plus with a 6 round drum, if you get behind a tank and pop all 6 into his engine deck, it's something like a 55 - 60% chance to light him on fire or something. They are made of paper though, so try not to get shot.
rd
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2586 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-03 12:00:39
August 03 2012 06:47 GMT
#631
On August 03 2012 13:08 danl9rm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2012 12:35 rd wrote:
On August 03 2012 12:21 danl9rm wrote:
On August 03 2012 12:12 rd wrote:
On August 03 2012 11:01 danl9rm wrote:
Guys, I need your incredible knowledge here in a serious way. I've read until my eyes have bled and I just still need info.

Here is my criteria: I need a tech tree that has really fast tanks with a pretty good gun. Torque/top end is more important than a strong gun, but I would like both, obviously. Fast turret traverse is also necessary. I don't care about armor, hitpoints, accuracy, reload time, pretty much anything except speed and gun power.

What should I do?!
HALP please


Try the french medium line, ultimately aspiring for a batchat. They have huge speed, and their guns are good enough to fuck up any tank when utilized properly.


I was afraid someone might say that. Here we go!

Thanks


Your description of a tank you want is pretty much medium tanks in a nutshell, since no light tank carries a gun big enough to dent anything that isn't an arty. Batchats are pretty much the #1 in clan wars. I'm not sure which would come second. Maybe a patton?


I tried to go medium tanks german style first. I made it to tier 4 with the panzer III. It just doesn't even scratch anything. I have to pick on lower tier tanks to kill something. I enjoy circling the tank destroyers, but usually it takes me a dozen rounds to take one out and by that time one of their teammates has one-shot me :/

You said to go the french medium line... but they're all light tanks until tier 9! Am I going to be scouting until then? Or can they do what I want?


Yeah, you'll be scouting til then, though if you're patient you'll still have the capacity to end games immediately if you can get behind their lines into their arty. Theres new t10 mediums for all nations minus france (batchat moved from t9 to t10). I highly recommend you check them out before you commit to a tech tree. They're all pretty good.

To be honest, I wouldn't worry about the tech path to get there. Every tech tree has it's tanks that blow for their tier. With the amount of work required to get to t10, you should settle on a t10 tank to work towards; It'll be another long grind to get another.
3Form
Profile Joined December 2009
United Kingdom389 Posts
August 03 2012 15:12 GMT
#632
If you don't like frenchies, try US mediums.

The T20 has great mobility with a 90mm.

After that, the Pershings - Pattons trade top speed for acceleration and the ability to pivot turn.
danl9rm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States3111 Posts
August 03 2012 18:11 GMT
#633
Thanks for all the help guys.
"Science has so well established that the preborn baby in the womb is a living human being that most pro-choice activists have conceded the point. ..since the abortion proponents have lost the science argument, they are now advocating an existential one."
WiljushkA
Profile Joined March 2006
Serbia1416 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-04 01:01:37
August 04 2012 00:51 GMT
#634
On August 03 2012 12:21 danl9rm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2012 12:12 rd wrote:
On August 03 2012 11:01 danl9rm wrote:
Guys, I need your incredible knowledge here in a serious way. I've read until my eyes have bled and I just still need info.

Here is my criteria: I need a tech tree that has really fast tanks with a pretty good gun. Torque/top end is more important than a strong gun, but I would like both, obviously. Fast turret traverse is also necessary. I don't care about armor, hitpoints, accuracy, reload time, pretty much anything except speed and gun power.

What should I do?!
HALP please


Try the french medium line, ultimately aspiring for a batchat. They have huge speed, and their guns are good enough to fuck up any tank when utilized properly.


I was afraid someone might say that. Here we go!

Thanks


if you really dont wanna go french, you can go usa, their medium line is freaking good. they're not too well armored but they have great guns and are pretty agile. they also have another interesting quality, that synergyses well with your preferred strengths of speed and armor, and that is great gun depression. at the same time it effectively increases the tanks maneuverability, damage potential and tank, and on top of that makes tanks less frustrating to drive cause theres less chance that a situation occurs when you can see a guy just in front of you and barely cant hit him because youre on a tiny bit of uneven terrain.

also a small bit of advice about the game overall, most pre-tier 5 tanks are kinda rubbish and a chore to drive, with a few exceptions. if you are frustrated with early tier tanks in a tank tree, it pays off to persevere, cause higher tier ones are usually nothing like them conceptually or performance wise. also, all the medium tank lines at least are pretty well balanced past tier 5.
"As much as I love the image of me F5-ing paypal every 15 minutes while fist pumping and screaming "SHIP THE MONEY BITCHES"" - Day9
Severus_
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
759 Posts
August 04 2012 01:21 GMT
#635
Anyone wanna platoon Tier5 or Tier6 with me in the US server (nick :hwasung). I'm kinda decent with 700battles and 53%winrate.
Aesdea
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada24 Posts
August 04 2012 01:45 GMT
#636
You can also add me, Aesdea. I can platoon with pretty much any tier from 3 - 9. 2.5kish battles and 54% winrate avg
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-04 03:20:21
August 04 2012 03:20 GMT
#637
Is the T-50 a tank worth investing in? Seeing as it's T5, but...
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
v1
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Estonia814 Posts
August 04 2012 09:16 GMT
#638
On August 04 2012 12:20 Southlight wrote:
Is the T-50 a tank worth investing in? Seeing as it's T5, but...


Only if you want to get T-50-2, which is more fun. However, with T-50-2 you will get into high tier battles.
Graphics
rd
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2586 Posts
August 04 2012 10:01 GMT
#639
On August 04 2012 12:20 Southlight wrote:
Is the T-50 a tank worth investing in? Seeing as it's T5, but...


You won't make money on it if thats what you mean, it's repair costs are much higher than normal tier 5 tanks. You'll be placed in T7-T9 battles as well. If it's worth it overall to invest in though, I'd say it's nice to have a t-50-2 lying around if you're already committing deep within the Russian tree. They're used in some team compositions in clan wars and it'll make you a more flexible player to use.
WiljushkA
Profile Joined March 2006
Serbia1416 Posts
August 04 2012 10:18 GMT
#640
also, they're both fun as fuck. physics breaking hovertanks ftw!~~
"As much as I love the image of me F5-ing paypal every 15 minutes while fist pumping and screaming "SHIP THE MONEY BITCHES"" - Day9
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings215
SHIN 133
CranKy Ducklings SOOP47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 600
SHIN 133
Railgan 57
MindelVK 30
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 70463
Calm 11058
Rain 2444
Bisu 1660
FanTaSy 848
Stork 559
soO 533
Shuttle 520
Rush 273
Soma 246
[ Show more ]
firebathero 215
Snow 214
Last 194
Light 122
Mind 105
Pusan 73
Sharp 59
Sea.KH 58
hero 47
ToSsGirL 46
Bale 38
Free 36
Trap 34
Aegong 27
Hm[arnc] 26
Mong 24
zelot 18
Sexy 15
yabsab 15
HiyA 13
Sacsri 12
Shine 12
IntoTheRainbow 11
Noble 11
scan(afreeca) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8723
Dendi807
Counter-Strike
fl0m1717
byalli972
x6flipin502
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Other Games
gofns38746
singsing2216
B2W.Neo654
Pyrionflax257
Trikslyr40
Chillindude11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV204
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 87
• Gemini_19 9
• Dystopia_ 5
• Response 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV490
League of Legends
• Jankos3045
• Nemesis2458
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1294
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 15m
OSC
10h 15m
Replay Cast
10h 15m
OSC
23h 15m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.