• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:51
CEST 23:51
KST 06:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8351 users

Diablo III General Discussion - Page 227

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 225 226 227 228 229 1109 Next
IMABUNNEH
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1062 Posts
August 11 2011 19:54 GMT
#4521
Here's one of everyone's favourite RPG/dungeon crawlers!

Let's remove one of the primary reasons people enjoy these games - character defined progression (skills etc)

gg
"I think...now? No rival. Me world champion. Yeah. None rival." - oGsMC
Ratbiters
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom24 Posts
August 11 2011 20:44 GMT
#4522
Let's hate on the game because it's not exactly the same as Diablo 2!

Final Fantasy 7 was/is my favourite game, I spent countless hours playing it. I replayed it a few weeks ago and it's a piece of crap. Same for every single game I enjoyed 10+ years ago...Things move on and games evolve, what might have been fun years ago, might not be enjoyable now, so I personally don't hate on a game until I've actually played it
trainRiderJ
Profile Joined August 2010
United States615 Posts
August 11 2011 21:01 GMT
#4523
On August 12 2011 05:44 Ratbiters wrote:
Let's hate on the game because it's not exactly the same as Diablo 2!

Final Fantasy 7 was/is my favourite game, I spent countless hours playing it. I replayed it a few weeks ago and it's a piece of crap. Same for every single game I enjoyed 10+ years ago...Things move on and games evolve, what might have been fun years ago, might not be enjoyable now, so I personally don't hate on a game until I've actually played it

uhh what
beg
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
991 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-11 21:05:19
August 11 2011 21:05 GMT
#4524
saying ff7 is crap is like saying secret of mana is crap. a crappy statement for sure!
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
August 11 2011 21:10 GMT
#4525
On August 12 2011 04:35 Kurr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 01:57 TheArtOfFugue wrote:
The Diablo III brainwash thread..... sigh. I'm tired of reading the same nonsensical fucking whining about the RMAH. Been hitting this thread for a week for some beta-related news and end up reading this crap...ALL of it too


The RMAH bothers me a little bit but it's not a huge deal for me.

What REALLY bothers me is that attributes and skill points have essentially been removed.

Blizzard goes on and on about loot being the biggest incentive to play. Well, for me, building up my character however I wanted was just as big a part as loot. How Blizzard can take away these things without thinking how it will negatively effect the game in every way is beyond me.

RMAH auction house? Slight bother
Graphics that look pretty boring? (no, colourful doesn't bother me, but D2 spells look A LOT more awesome than what we've seen in D3 videos which remind me more of WC3 spells) Slight bother
Restricting weapons to certain classes? Slight bother
Making every character a carbon copy of each other because of the lack of attributes and the new skill system? Deal breaker.

Overall, I simply don't understand why they feel the need to dumb down an already easy to play game. Diablo 2 is pretty much the definition of pick up and play. It's easy as hell on normal. Who cares if your first few characters won't be perfect and able to beat higher difficulties, that's what brings you back.

That's not to say they haven't made any changes that I'm all for (runes, crafting, skill bar, seperate loot), but I'm astonished that people care at all about the RMAH when there are much much more serious problems with the core gameplay.


The skill points were removed because they weren't fun at all. In the end, the best character comes from math, not from something "cool". Building a character only to find out that, at lv 50, you character sucks because you didnt skill the right stuff sucks. That's why it was removed.

Maybe three people had fun with it. I hate it on every game I see it. Damn, the only reason I don't play Pokémon competitively is the stupid and unnecessarily complicated EV/IV system.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
zKamiz
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada10 Posts
August 11 2011 21:31 GMT
#4526
My concerns with D3 aren't directly with the RMAH system, but how it changes the security around the game. Even more so that people will have real money on their account so god forbid you get hacked.

We all know how bad D2 was for accounts being hacked, duping items, etc. Now that there is an even easier way of gaining value for stolen/hacked items it makes sense that you would see a large growth of hackers. And Blizzard has already stated that they will not reimburse you for money lost to your account being hacked. Seems like the RMAH could really put a huge dent in user secuirty.

D3's RMAH is basically an voluntary subscription. WoW's userbase is declining and Blizzard needs to find other ways of generating income. Better than making D3 a subscription based game.
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
August 11 2011 21:50 GMT
#4527
On August 12 2011 06:10 Zephirdd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 04:35 Kurr wrote:
On August 12 2011 01:57 TheArtOfFugue wrote:
The Diablo III brainwash thread..... sigh. I'm tired of reading the same nonsensical fucking whining about the RMAH. Been hitting this thread for a week for some beta-related news and end up reading this crap...ALL of it too


The RMAH bothers me a little bit but it's not a huge deal for me.

What REALLY bothers me is that attributes and skill points have essentially been removed.

Blizzard goes on and on about loot being the biggest incentive to play. Well, for me, building up my character however I wanted was just as big a part as loot. How Blizzard can take away these things without thinking how it will negatively effect the game in every way is beyond me.

RMAH auction house? Slight bother
Graphics that look pretty boring? (no, colourful doesn't bother me, but D2 spells look A LOT more awesome than what we've seen in D3 videos which remind me more of WC3 spells) Slight bother
Restricting weapons to certain classes? Slight bother
Making every character a carbon copy of each other because of the lack of attributes and the new skill system? Deal breaker.

Overall, I simply don't understand why they feel the need to dumb down an already easy to play game. Diablo 2 is pretty much the definition of pick up and play. It's easy as hell on normal. Who cares if your first few characters won't be perfect and able to beat higher difficulties, that's what brings you back.

That's not to say they haven't made any changes that I'm all for (runes, crafting, skill bar, seperate loot), but I'm astonished that people care at all about the RMAH when there are much much more serious problems with the core gameplay.


The skill points were removed because they weren't fun at all. In the end, the best character comes from math, not from something "cool". Building a character only to find out that, at lv 50, you character sucks because you didnt skill the right stuff sucks. That's why it was removed.

Maybe three people had fun with it. I hate it on every game I see it. Damn, the only reason I don't play Pokémon competitively is the stupid and unnecessarily complicated EV/IV system.


If you played WoW (and probably D2 as well), you know the problem with skill trees.

More often then not there is a specific skill set that is much better than the others. You feel compelled to use it and there it turns out that there isn't much choice in it at all.

There is also the problem that often the benefit of a spell is not immediately obvious. "Oh cool, big fireballs are awesome!" Well, actually if you get the faster fireballs, that's much better. This relates back to the concept of choice as well: You should be able to pick which one you think is 'cooler' and not a) bother yourself with having to figure out some obtuse math and b) feel compelled to pick the one that's better. Blizzard wants to give you actual choice to modify your spells so that you can use them however you want.

My first experience with D2 was rather hilarious. A total noob, I made a zookeeper meleemancer, investing almost all my points in summoning. Everything was going swimmingly and I managed to kill Mephisto without too much trouble. And then I got to Diablo and watched in horror as he one shot all of my minions in seconds. Soon I was out of bodies to turn into skeletons and the golems weren't worth it. Luckily I leveled up just then and got...Rank 2 boneteeth. So I ran around Diablo for 45 minutes spamming Rank 2 boneteeth, running away when I got low on health. Worst. Bossfight. Ever.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
Choo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States126 Posts
August 11 2011 22:00 GMT
#4528

My first experience with D2 was rather hilarious. A total noob, I made a zookeeper meleemancer, investing almost all my points in summoning. Everything was going swimmingly and I managed to kill Mephisto without too much trouble. And then I got to Diablo and watched in horror as he one shot all of my minions in seconds. Soon I was out of bodies to turn into skeletons and the golems weren't worth it. Luckily I leveled up just then and got...Rank 2 boneteeth. So I ran around Diablo for 45 minutes spamming Rank 2 boneteeth, running away when I got low on health. Worst. Bossfight. Ever.


Yes, yes... but what did you do when you finally killed the big red demon? :D
Puph
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada635 Posts
August 11 2011 22:10 GMT
#4529
On August 12 2011 03:42 Bibdy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 03:36 Puph wrote:
On August 12 2011 03:28 eVolvE342 wrote:
ahhh we need some beta/ release date info... this talk of the AH is getting really old and boring... bring me the game now!

Have patience, young padawan. Not patients. I am revoking your light saber, soz

On August 12 2011 03:34 Bibdy wrote:
The two currencies will be interlinked. If I could grab a crazy blade of death from the GAH (Gold AH) for 100,000g and throw it up on the RMAH for $10, then the exchange rate is 10,000g/$1. This will naturally inflate over time as more gold enters the system and deflate as people spend that gold on things like crafting. Exchanging GAH items for RMAH money will happen a lot, though. People will look at the GAH and compare it to the real value of in-game gold and see if its worth purchasing the item with in-game money to sell it off for real money.

I expect there will be a lot of people unwittingly throwing things up on the AH for exorbitantly high and low prices, much like what happens in WoW. People that play the AH game will spot these low-price opportunities, snipe the item and make cash profit.


I am not sure if that would be viable with the 3 blizzard fees. I mean, you would have to know exactly how much they take from you on each level of taxation and then what.. you come out 1 dollar ahead? lol the system seems bullet proof


Well, yes, you'd have to take into account the different fees, but at the end of the day, it's just a high-school level of math to work out if and how much profit you could make by grabbing an item off the GAH, and throwing it on the RMAH.

And vice versa, of course. If there are tons of awesome swords on the RMAH for $1 a pop, but none of them on the GAH, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that you could invest just $1 (plus fees) to make an absolute shitton of in-game gold, that you could then use to make GAH->RMAH purchases (the ones described above).

In the end, if you have in-depth knowledge of what people do and don't desire in the game, you can put it to good use and take part in gold/cash/item trading all day.


I am also compelled to note that sending your RMAH profits to "Blizzard Points" (buy blizzard points online) would incur only 2 fees. I am assuming the 3rd tax, generic unnanounced paypal bullshit, is gonna be the heaviest to cap the possibility of making shit tons of money and in turn, giving yoiu a shitton of blizzard points. I guess you could play the D3 market to easily buy WoW time
I will assess the RMAH function and its money-making capabilities once I get a pre-ordered d3 and grind some fuggin levels while skipping every element of the story and hopefully be off work and possibly have school a few times a week. /plan
Intel Dual Core 4400 @ ~2.00GHz / 2046MB RAM / 256 MB ATI Radeon x1300PRO
Kurr
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2338 Posts
August 11 2011 22:49 GMT
#4530
On August 12 2011 06:10 Zephirdd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 04:35 Kurr wrote:
On August 12 2011 01:57 TheArtOfFugue wrote:
The Diablo III brainwash thread..... sigh. I'm tired of reading the same nonsensical fucking whining about the RMAH. Been hitting this thread for a week for some beta-related news and end up reading this crap...ALL of it too


The RMAH bothers me a little bit but it's not a huge deal for me.

What REALLY bothers me is that attributes and skill points have essentially been removed.

Blizzard goes on and on about loot being the biggest incentive to play. Well, for me, building up my character however I wanted was just as big a part as loot. How Blizzard can take away these things without thinking how it will negatively effect the game in every way is beyond me.

RMAH auction house? Slight bother
Graphics that look pretty boring? (no, colourful doesn't bother me, but D2 spells look A LOT more awesome than what we've seen in D3 videos which remind me more of WC3 spells) Slight bother
Restricting weapons to certain classes? Slight bother
Making every character a carbon copy of each other because of the lack of attributes and the new skill system? Deal breaker.

Overall, I simply don't understand why they feel the need to dumb down an already easy to play game. Diablo 2 is pretty much the definition of pick up and play. It's easy as hell on normal. Who cares if your first few characters won't be perfect and able to beat higher difficulties, that's what brings you back.

That's not to say they haven't made any changes that I'm all for (runes, crafting, skill bar, seperate loot), but I'm astonished that people care at all about the RMAH when there are much much more serious problems with the core gameplay.


The skill points were removed because they weren't fun at all. In the end, the best character comes from math, not from something "cool". Building a character only to find out that, at lv 50, you character sucks because you didnt skill the right stuff sucks. That's why it was removed.

Maybe three people had fun with it. I hate it on every game I see it. Damn, the only reason I don't play Pokémon competitively is the stupid and unnecessarily complicated EV/IV system.


I made plenty of terrible characters, both when I started and later on for fun in trying different builds. The best character is one that you enjoy playing.

Three people had fun with it? Must be why Diablo/Diablo 2 made an entire genre succesful and still has people playing it.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ | ┻━┻ ︵╰(°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
hoby2000
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States918 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-11 23:09:52
August 11 2011 23:05 GMT
#4531
On August 12 2011 07:49 Kurr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 06:10 Zephirdd wrote:
On August 12 2011 04:35 Kurr wrote:
On August 12 2011 01:57 TheArtOfFugue wrote:
The Diablo III brainwash thread..... sigh. I'm tired of reading the same nonsensical fucking whining about the RMAH. Been hitting this thread for a week for some beta-related news and end up reading this crap...ALL of it too


The RMAH bothers me a little bit but it's not a huge deal for me.

What REALLY bothers me is that attributes and skill points have essentially been removed.

Blizzard goes on and on about loot being the biggest incentive to play. Well, for me, building up my character however I wanted was just as big a part as loot. How Blizzard can take away these things without thinking how it will negatively effect the game in every way is beyond me.

RMAH auction house? Slight bother
Graphics that look pretty boring? (no, colourful doesn't bother me, but D2 spells look A LOT more awesome than what we've seen in D3 videos which remind me more of WC3 spells) Slight bother
Restricting weapons to certain classes? Slight bother
Making every character a carbon copy of each other because of the lack of attributes and the new skill system? Deal breaker.

Overall, I simply don't understand why they feel the need to dumb down an already easy to play game. Diablo 2 is pretty much the definition of pick up and play. It's easy as hell on normal. Who cares if your first few characters won't be perfect and able to beat higher difficulties, that's what brings you back.

That's not to say they haven't made any changes that I'm all for (runes, crafting, skill bar, seperate loot), but I'm astonished that people care at all about the RMAH when there are much much more serious problems with the core gameplay.


The skill points were removed because they weren't fun at all. In the end, the best character comes from math, not from something "cool". Building a character only to find out that, at lv 50, you character sucks because you didnt skill the right stuff sucks. That's why it was removed.

Maybe three people had fun with it. I hate it on every game I see it. Damn, the only reason I don't play Pokémon competitively is the stupid and unnecessarily complicated EV/IV system.


I made plenty of terrible characters, both when I started and later on for fun in trying different builds. The best character is one that you enjoy playing.

Three people had fun with it? Must be why Diablo/Diablo 2 made an entire genre succesful and still has people playing it.


I think he was exaggerating the number of people that enjoyed it for that reason, but I still think his point is valid. The Diablo 2 skill system, while it was fun and worked for Diablo 2, shouldn't be in Diablo 3. I say this simply because then it's just Diablo 2.5. I know it's personal opinion, but I believe a sequel should be able to stand on it's own. Diablo did, and then Diablo 2 used a COMPLETELY different skill system, but was still fun. Both games have their fun parts, but they're not the same. Diablo 3's skill system will be different, and in time we will find if it sucks or not.

Someone brought up Final Fantasy 7, but kind of screwed up the example. I would like to use the entire Final Fantasy series as an example that a game's system changing is only a good thing. Look at how many amazing Final Fantasy games there are. Hell, some people don't enjoy FF7''s system, but I like it. I also liked 9's system, and 10's skill sphere. The liscence system wasn't the best in 12, but was still fun.

The point is that these RPG systems change because it would be really easy for them to just release Diablo 2.5, and call it good. It would be easy for any musician (and some do) to recycle things they've done before. Most rappers just use other people's music, but then remix it to sound amazing. While Kanye West is a jackass, you can bet he's the best damn producer in hip-hop( Don't believe? Check out "Watch the Throne" by Mr. West and Jay-Z). So Blizzard could've gone the easy route, kept the same skill tree system, (and in fact I think they had the skill tree in mind as we saw in previous versions of Diablo 3), but they didn't because they wanted to try something new.

In my opinion, Blizzard has always been doing this with games since their conception, and it's a shock how people freak out when they decide to change something in the sequel. Warcraft I and Warcraft II completely different games. Warcraft III is more different than both of those games. The same can EASILY be said about BW and SC2. I gave examples of Diablo 1 and 2 above, showing you that when they go with a new system, they usually nail it on the head pretty well.

Off Topic: While typing this entire response out, I realized something - Does anyone else notice how runestones are similar to Materia? The slots aren't attached to weapons, and they don't evolve... but that wouldn't really fit with Diablo-esque gameplay. Randomly finding runestones works really well with the fact that they won't evolve like Materia, because they don't want to control exactly where you find said runestones.
A lesson without pain is meaningless for nothing can be gained without giving something in return.
happyness
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2400 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-11 23:15:18
August 11 2011 23:11 GMT
#4532
On August 12 2011 06:10 Zephirdd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2011 04:35 Kurr wrote:
On August 12 2011 01:57 TheArtOfFugue wrote:
The Diablo III brainwash thread..... sigh. I'm tired of reading the same nonsensical fucking whining about the RMAH. Been hitting this thread for a week for some beta-related news and end up reading this crap...ALL of it too


The RMAH bothers me a little bit but it's not a huge deal for me.

What REALLY bothers me is that attributes and skill points have essentially been removed.

Blizzard goes on and on about loot being the biggest incentive to play. Well, for me, building up my character however I wanted was just as big a part as loot. How Blizzard can take away these things without thinking how it will negatively effect the game in every way is beyond me.

RMAH auction house? Slight bother
Graphics that look pretty boring? (no, colourful doesn't bother me, but D2 spells look A LOT more awesome than what we've seen in D3 videos which remind me more of WC3 spells) Slight bother
Restricting weapons to certain classes? Slight bother
Making every character a carbon copy of each other because of the lack of attributes and the new skill system? Deal breaker.

Overall, I simply don't understand why they feel the need to dumb down an already easy to play game. Diablo 2 is pretty much the definition of pick up and play. It's easy as hell on normal. Who cares if your first few characters won't be perfect and able to beat higher difficulties, that's what brings you back.

That's not to say they haven't made any changes that I'm all for (runes, crafting, skill bar, seperate loot), but I'm astonished that people care at all about the RMAH when there are much much more serious problems with the core gameplay.


The skill points were removed because they weren't fun at all. In the end, the best character comes from math, not from something "cool". Building a character only to find out that, at lv 50, you character sucks because you didnt skill the right stuff sucks. That's why it was removed.

Maybe three people had fun with it. I hate it on every game I see it. Damn, the only reason I don't play Pokémon competitively is the stupid and unnecessarily complicated EV/IV system.


Uhh I had fun with it. I liked having some characters that maybe weren't the best but were still fun and were (somewhat) unique. Sure, inferno isn't nearly as good as fireball, but it is fun to how an inferno sorc plays even if you can't get through hell with it. It's fun to have customization with your character and for there to be endless possibilites, even though most of the possibilities won't be as good as the ideal build. Think about it: Is there ever any reason to have more than one wizard in the game of you already have access to all the skills?

I was never that hardcore into D2 though. That's the irony of this whole thing, blizz is trying to appeal to the casual gamer as much as possible when the casual gamer prefers customization.


My first experience with D2 was rather hilarious. A total noob, I made a zookeeper meleemancer, investing almost all my points in summoning. Everything was going swimmingly and I managed to kill Mephisto without too much trouble. And then I got to Diablo and watched in horror as he one shot all of my minions in seconds. Soon I was out of bodies to turn into skeletons and the golems weren't worth it. Luckily I leveled up just then and got...Rank 2 boneteeth. So I ran around Diablo for 45 minutes spamming Rank 2 boneteeth, running away when I got low on health. Worst. Bossfight. Ever.


Nothing wrong with summoning, all you needed was decrepify Definately one of the best one skill wonders.
Aruno
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
New Zealand748 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-11 23:29:40
August 11 2011 23:28 GMT
#4533
If Diablo 3 is a no mistakes games. Then I will be very annoyed. One of the things I got a lot of satisfaction out of, was working out mistakes in characters I made. It would force you to think long term.
The ability to change when and how you like. Seems like what cheaters did in Diablo 2. It makes for unchallenging, low thinking experience.

Why cannot they just make Diablo 3 unforgiving?

I feel like a "retro" gamer, asking for games to be hard again >_<
aruno, arunoaj, aruno_aj | Those are my main aliases
Pufftrees
Profile Joined March 2009
2449 Posts
August 11 2011 23:34 GMT
#4534
On August 12 2011 08:28 Aruno wrote:
If Diablo 3 is a no mistakes games. Then I will be very annoyed. One of the things I got a lot of satisfaction out of, was working out mistakes in characters I made. It would force you to think long term.
The ability to change when and how you like. Seems like what cheaters did in Diablo 2. It makes for unchallenging, low thinking experience.

Why cannot they just make Diablo 3 unforgiving?

I feel like a "retro" gamer, asking for games to be hard again >_<


The internet wasn't as prevalent when d2 came out, the builds would be figured out before the game was ever released and mistakes wouldn't be made in the first place. The optimal stat setup for endgame armor and everything would just be a set list you lookup online, avoiding that doesn't make it less forgiving.
Chance favors the prepared mind.
Holcan
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2593 Posts
August 12 2011 00:15 GMT
#4535
skill trees were the best

when i decked out my hydra/static/orb sorc, she was untouchable ~~ :D (jk of course, FB, CL, and blizz sorcs were all better by this point)
Reference The Inadvertant Joey, Strong talented orchastrasted intelligent character.
sephius
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom200 Posts
August 12 2011 00:19 GMT
#4536
On August 12 2011 05:44 Ratbiters wrote:
Let's hate on the game because it's not exactly the same as Diablo 2!

Final Fantasy 7 was/is my favourite game, I spent countless hours playing it. I replayed it a few weeks ago and it's a piece of crap. Same for every single game I enjoyed 10+ years ago...Things move on and games evolve, what might have been fun years ago, might not be enjoyable now, so I personally don't hate on a game until I've actually played it

Do one.
NotJack
Profile Joined December 2009
United States737 Posts
August 12 2011 00:23 GMT
#4537
On August 12 2011 08:28 Aruno wrote:
If Diablo 3 is a no mistakes games. Then I will be very annoyed. One of the things I got a lot of satisfaction out of, was working out mistakes in characters I made. It would force you to think long term.
The ability to change when and how you like. Seems like what cheaters did in Diablo 2. It makes for unchallenging, low thinking experience.

Why cannot they just make Diablo 3 unforgiving?

I feel like a "retro" gamer, asking for games to be hard again >_<



If that's what you think makes a game hard you're a huge casual.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
August 12 2011 00:26 GMT
#4538
On August 12 2011 08:28 Aruno wrote:
If Diablo 3 is a no mistakes games. Then I will be very annoyed. One of the things I got a lot of satisfaction out of, was working out mistakes in characters I made. It would force you to think long term.
The ability to change when and how you like. Seems like what cheaters did in Diablo 2. It makes for unchallenging, low thinking experience.

Why cannot they just make Diablo 3 unforgiving?

I feel like a "retro" gamer, asking for games to be hard again >_<


Compare Pokemon on console to Netbattle/Shoddy battle
magicmUnky
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia280 Posts
August 12 2011 00:30 GMT
#4539
Sooo.... I'm kinda keen to go back and play diablo 1 or 2... are they worth it? Anything a newb should know in particular for Diablo 1?

I played it when I was a kid and haven't looked at it since... any tips?
Assault_1
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1950 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-12 00:41:30
August 12 2011 00:41 GMT
#4540
On August 12 2011 09:30 magicmUnky wrote:
Sooo.... I'm kinda keen to go back and play diablo 1 or 2... are they worth it? Anything a newb should know in particular for Diablo 1?

I played it when I was a kid and haven't looked at it since... any tips?


just play diablo 2/LOD and read diablo 1 story.. d1 has a nice atmosphere but is really slow-paced. It might give you a bad impression.
Prev 1 225 226 227 228 229 1109 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O109
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 149
PiGStarcraft4
ViBE3
Nina 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14714
Dewaltoss 147
ZZZero.O 109
firebathero 99
Hyuk 87
Terrorterran 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm67
febbydoto57
League of Legends
Doublelift3854
Counter-Strike
Fnx 775
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6032
Other Games
summit1g6871
FrodaN2333
fl0m620
mouzStarbuck414
KnowMe258
ToD202
ArmadaUGS140
JimRising 108
Mew2King52
Railgan35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1139
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 47
• musti20045 35
• Adnapsc2 16
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie826
• Shiphtur214
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 9m
INu's Battles
14h 9m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
17h 9m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 9m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 9m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 18h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.