• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:35
CEST 11:35
KST 18:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)33Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10101 users

League of Legends [New forum, check OP!] - Page 86

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 84 85 86 87 88 1431 Next
pokeyAA
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States936 Posts
June 22 2010 19:21 GMT
#1701
lol @ zhonyah ring sorakas
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
June 22 2010 19:29 GMT
#1702
The biggest problem with Soraka is that you often place your life in someone else's hands, and there's not a whole lot you can do about it, even if you pick the "right person" (you have no choice in laning). For instance there was a game where we had like a 5-0 Ryze. Fine, so I clung to him, and he grew cockier and cockier, and eventually made a terrible decision to "go for a straggler kill." Well he lived, because I blew everything I had to hold him up. Problem is, he's running back, and isn't stopping while being healed. Great, but I'm not moving, because I'm casting. So to no surprise I would die "in his stead," but the only thing everyone else sees is Soraka fed again. QQ. And it just gets you on tilt when someone keeps talking trash about it, because it's usually very minimally your fault - as Soraka you simply don't care as much about substituting your life in the stead of someone else.

Eve sucks, though.

\o/
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Surrealz
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States449 Posts
June 22 2010 19:31 GMT
#1703
I've been playing annie as my main lately, but a friend of mine told me that she is not a first rate character. Is this true or can she be competitive at high levels?

Second, should I be starting with mana saph for rod of ages, or going with dorans ring for the AP/Regen and such?
1a2a3a
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
June 22 2010 19:33 GMT
#1704
Uh, she's probably the best and most consistent nuking character in the game, as well as (when played right) one of the most dominating solo mid characters in the game. Your friend's stupid.

Ring vs Sapph is personal preference. Ring is great mostly for the HP, which I notice you didn't bring up. Sapphire you can get two health potions instead, though (only one with Ring).
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
June 22 2010 19:37 GMT
#1705
late game olaf is so annoying... that ult is such a beating. though, tbh, it should usually work out like poppy's ult, where you get to freely chase one of them down and demolish them, then your ult expires and you get worked by the rest of the team.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-22 19:40:05
June 22 2010 19:39 GMT
#1706
On June 23 2010 04:31 Surrealz wrote:
I've been playing annie as my main lately, but a friend of mine told me that she is not a first rate character. Is this true or can she be competitive at high levels?

Second, should I be starting with mana saph for rod of ages, or going with dorans ring for the AP/Regen and such?

the primary downside of doran's items is that they don't build into shit. that aside, they're almost always better than other tier 1 items.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Surrealz
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States449 Posts
June 22 2010 19:43 GMT
#1707
Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated.

In a more midgame atmosphere, should I be going for that early rod of ages? Or should I go for the deathtaker staff thing (the item that has the on use nuke)? I've also heard of people go for that archmage staff thing too. I'm really confused on what the current build(s) are for annie.
1a2a3a
shawster
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada2485 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-22 19:45:00
June 22 2010 19:44 GMT
#1708
ring >> sapphire in high level play it seems

basically you really want that 100 hp advantage at level 1, it's so integral to your success. you go to mid with vamp scept twitch vs doran shield twitch or ring vs sapphire annie and you'll see a big difference. however, sapphire crystal does build into catalyst easily so thats your call.

you want to go roa/banshees merc treads/sorc boots and ap item of your choice. i don't like mejai on annie, since her nukes already hit hard and she needs hp/mana.
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
June 22 2010 19:45 GMT
#1709
Annie is highly flexible because she's such a strong, stable character. Deathfire Grasp is nice but I don't see it on Annie a lot, mostly because she has a strong initiation spell (Tibbers) that renders DFG less-effective. It's still a great pick against heavy-HP teams though, as a DFG switch will outperform any AP stack you get against a high-priority high-HP target (ie. Olaf, Nasus).

I'm not a fan of Archangel on anyone other than Zilean and possibly Morgana.

I'm also not a fan of RoA myself, but most people swear by it (or at least Catalyst).
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
June 22 2010 19:48 GMT
#1710
I've been following the Taric item build that Mogwai rec'd a while back, going:

Ruby Crystal
Boots
Aegis
Mercury Treads
Starks
->whatever tanking items (usually soul shroud)

and it's working pretty well. The only trouble is that even with all points in utility, plus low level mp5 runes, and running clarity, I can run out of mana at really inconvenient times. I'm thinking I should start buying Doran's Ring first until I can get more levels for runes + 21 utility reducing clarity cooldown. Is this a good idea?
it's my first day
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-22 19:51:36
June 22 2010 19:49 GMT
#1711
On June 23 2010 04:44 shawster wrote:
ring >> sapphire in high level play it seems

basically you really want that 100 hp advantage at level 1, it's so integral to your success. you go to mid with vamp scept twitch vs doran shield twitch or ring vs sapphire annie and you'll see a big difference. however, sapphire crystal does build into catalyst easily so thats your call.

you want to go roa/banshees merc treads/sorc boots and ap item of your choice. i don't like mejai on annie, since her nukes already hit hard and she needs hp/mana.

haha, no no no no, high level games never ever involve twitch at mid. he gets absolutely demolished by everyone decent mid. I remember the last time I saw a twitch mid and suffice to say that game did not go well for him :p.

Heavononearth is well regarded as the best annie in this thread, so I'd just wait for his comment on how to build.

On June 23 2010 04:48 trace wm wrote:
I've been following the Taric item build that Mogwai rec'd a while back, going:

Ruby Crystal
Boots
Aegis
Mercury Treads
Starks
->whatever tanking items (usually soul shroud)

and it's working pretty well. The only trouble is that even with all points in utility, plus low level mp5 runes, and running clarity, I can run out of mana at really inconvenient times. I'm thinking I should start buying Doran's Ring first until I can get more levels for runes + 21 utility reducing clarity cooldown. Is this a good idea?


As much as I hate to admit it, I think chalice might be OK on Taric... hate chalice though... still, could be an OK solution until you get your tier 3 Mp5pLs. The thing is that with your mana stealing passive, you really should be OK... I dunno.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Surrealz
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States449 Posts
June 22 2010 19:54 GMT
#1712
Ok, so I guess rod of ages is my only choice? or void staff? I've also heard of people who like zhonyas ring. In an optimal game, what staff do you want to get first?

Oh and noob question, do boots movement bonuses stack?
1a2a3a
ghen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1356 Posts
June 22 2010 19:57 GMT
#1713
Oh man I Loooove killing Tibbers.

I think I might have a problem.

Is this an addiction or will this fascination pass?
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
June 22 2010 19:58 GMT
#1714
On June 23 2010 04:54 Surrealz wrote:
Ok, so I guess rod of ages is my only choice? or void staff? I've also heard of people who like zhonyas ring. In an optimal game, what staff do you want to get first?

Oh and noob question, do boots movement bonuses stack?

boots bonuses don't stack.

again, I'd wait to hear what heavononearth has to say on the subject of building.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
June 22 2010 20:01 GMT
#1715
void staff doesnt seem like the optimal choice for your first high ap item since at that stage people wont be stacking mass MR yet. and remember void penetrates a percent of MR not a flat amount. so until they have alot of MR, it will be about as effective as the mpen from a sorc boots.
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
June 22 2010 20:05 GMT
#1716
On June 23 2010 04:49 Mogwai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2010 04:48 trace wm wrote:
I've been following the Taric item build that Mogwai rec'd a while back, going:

Ruby Crystal
Boots
Aegis
Mercury Treads
Starks
->whatever tanking items (usually soul shroud)

and it's working pretty well. The only trouble is that even with all points in utility, plus low level mp5 runes, and running clarity, I can run out of mana at really inconvenient times. I'm thinking I should start buying Doran's Ring first until I can get more levels for runes + 21 utility reducing clarity cooldown. Is this a good idea?


As much as I hate to admit it, I think chalice might be OK on Taric... hate chalice though... still, could be an OK solution until you get your tier 3 Mp5pLs. The thing is that with your mana stealing passive, you really should be OK... I dunno.


The passive works wonders, but if my lane is getting competently zoned and harassed, there's been a few times where I can't get in to actually hit anything. The ring is cheaper than a chalice and contributes tankability + AP though, so I'll try it first, going

Ring / Boots / Aegis / Treads / Starks / etc

I won't even bother with an HP pot.
it's my first day
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
June 22 2010 20:06 GMT
#1717
On June 23 2010 04:57 ghen wrote:
Oh man I Loooove killing Tibbers.

I think I might have a problem.

Is this an addiction or will this fascination pass?

most of these suck, but #27 was pretty funny and seems relevant to killing tibbers :p

[image loading]


from this thread: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=139608
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
shawster
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada2485 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-22 20:11:17
June 22 2010 20:09 GMT
#1718
On June 23 2010 04:49 Mogwai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2010 04:44 shawster wrote:
ring >> sapphire in high level play it seems

basically you really want that 100 hp advantage at level 1, it's so integral to your success. you go to mid with vamp scept twitch vs doran shield twitch or ring vs sapphire annie and you'll see a big difference. however, sapphire crystal does build into catalyst easily so thats your call.

you want to go roa/banshees merc treads/sorc boots and ap item of your choice. i don't like mejai on annie, since her nukes already hit hard and she needs hp/mana.

haha, no no no no, high level games never ever involve twitch at mid. he gets absolutely demolished by everyone decent mid. I remember the last time I saw a twitch mid and suffice to say that game did not go well for him :p.

.


it was just an example

i would just rush aegis on taric then go for some aura items, frozen heart sounds really good on taric and a catalyst item wouldn't be bad
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-22 20:20:33
June 22 2010 20:17 GMT
#1719
yeah I go for auras on Taric like you said, my mana trouble comes in the gap between taking out my lanes first tower -> getting starks (and possibly before if the lane is brutal) because I have to start roaming for team battles and can't just sit around hitting stuff for manas. Once I have Starks then I can charge up to towers and bash away.

hm but if I did go for Frozen Heart after Starks, that means I could start with Sapphire instead of Ring...

I have options.
it's my first day
Ordained
Profile Joined June 2010
United States779 Posts
June 22 2010 20:27 GMT
#1720
On June 23 2010 04:57 ghen wrote:
Oh man I Loooove killing Tibbers.

I think I might have a problem.

Is this an addiction or will this fascination pass?


I love it when someone trys to focus down tibbers, they arent attacking me then.
"You are not trying to win, you are trying to be awesome" -Day[9]
Prev 1 84 85 86 87 88 1431 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech129
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 731
Bisu 556
BeSt 442
Hyuk 322
actioN 178
Leta 143
Zeus 111
EffOrt 110
ZerO 84
Soma 79
[ Show more ]
Light 74
Shinee 41
Mind 41
Mong 40
Killer 33
soO 33
sorry 30
Aegong 28
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 25
PianO 20
Terrorterran 13
ZergMaN 11
HiyA 10
Sharp 8
JulyZerg 7
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe138
League of Legends
JimRising 401
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1198
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King164
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1805
Other Games
gofns27938
summit1g8391
olofmeister1390
singsing1367
ceh9602
crisheroes308
DeMusliM135
ArmadaUGS103
Livibee100
XBOCT84
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick502
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream244
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH257
• LUISG 16
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2274
League of Legends
• Jankos1990
• Rush1281
• Stunt429
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
25m
OSC
3h 25m
Stellar Fest
3h 25m
OSC
14h 25m
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.