• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:53
CEST 09:53
KST 16:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6986 users

League of Legends [New forum, check OP!] - Page 85

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 1431 Next
Brees
Profile Joined January 2010
Marshall Islands3404 Posts
June 22 2010 15:25 GMT
#1681
it really is the worst item in the game though. cant think of anyone I would want tri-force on unless it was like a 6th item in an hour long game or something
Brees on in
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
June 22 2010 15:26 GMT
#1682
Saw 2 nidalees (in the same game) going triforce today.

I was like

What
The
****

Neither did much except KS with their Q.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
June 22 2010 15:28 GMT
#1683
I used to build triforce on Nidalee before the last nerf, lol, I'm such a scrub on non-pantheon characters :p.

After the last nerf tho, I go typical lich bane + rageblade bullshit.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
June 22 2010 15:35 GMT
#1684
I'm so confused about building AD yi. I own mid with him except against panth or anivia (stupid flash-frost-where-I-land bull), being able to outlevel the mid easily simply because I can jungle like 2 camps and still hold mid.

But then I'm totally lost about what to do after that. It was so obvious with AP yi. AD yi I just seem to roll over and die though. Do I build a frozen mallet first or something?
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
June 22 2010 15:43 GMT
#1685
build malady first and then follow up with phantom dancer


<_<


>_>

ok, now I'm just fuckin' with ya. just get generic AD shit and don't enter teamfights until the CC load has been completely blown. mallet won't help you not die, so it's a bad investment. highlander lets you catch anyone too, so you don't need the slow, it's just a bad investment. I see a lot of bloodrazors, bloodthirsters and IEs on AD yi, just your generic run of the mill high end damage items.

sounds like maybe the problem is your attitude towards fighting though. you have to play AD Yi like shaco in the end game... run around by yourself BDing and always show up fashionably late to teamfights to clean up the scraps. he's very potent in small fights where he doesn't just get FFed to nothing immediately, but in a typical large scale fight, you'll just pop.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
r33k
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Italy3402 Posts
June 22 2010 15:45 GMT
#1686
On June 23 2010 00:25 Brees wrote:
it really is the worst item in the game though. cant think of anyone I would want tri-force on unless it was like a 6th item in an hour long game or something

It's nice on jax in 3v3.
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-22 16:10:03
June 22 2010 16:09 GMT
#1687
On June 23 2010 00:43 Mogwai wrote:
build malady first and then follow up with phantom dancer


<_<


>_>

ok, now I'm just fuckin' with ya. just get generic AD shit and don't enter teamfights until the CC load has been completely blown. mallet won't help you not die, so it's a bad investment. highlander lets you catch anyone too, so you don't need the slow, it's just a bad investment. I see a lot of bloodrazors, bloodthirsters and IEs on AD yi, just your generic run of the mill high end damage items.

sounds like maybe the problem is your attitude towards fighting though. you have to play AD Yi like shaco in the end game... run around by yourself BDing and always show up fashionably late to teamfights to clean up the scraps. he's very potent in small fights where he doesn't just get FFed to nothing immediately, but in a typical large scale fight, you'll just pop.


KK, will do.

I think I'll build my typical IE/ghostblade crap I do with all melee DPS. No fuss, no muss.
Unentschieden
Profile Joined August 2007
Germany1471 Posts
June 22 2010 16:11 GMT
#1688
On June 22 2010 19:26 Juicyfruit wrote:
I really want to know how much damage the new champ's suicide thing does. It'll be cool (broken?) if I can use it to suicide into dragon or something at level 2 and insta-kill it

For Cho'gath, is there any real benefit in leveling rupture over silence? Silence hits more reliably and the cc scales with level. Rupture just has a lower cooldown which is nice, but again, 1 level of that seems sufficient for the knockup.


The German Description had more detail, it´s 160 + 30 x Level Damage, and Kog can move within the 4 seconds until he detonates. It´s definetly not worth it suiciding over but compared to Karthuses ult (250/400/550 (+0.7) ) actually quite decent.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
June 22 2010 17:11 GMT
#1689
moving before it detonates is a big deal, that makes it way more annoying.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
June 22 2010 17:21 GMT
#1690
On June 22 2010 23:53 NB wrote:
tried the viegar today for first time.... god, 2k5 magic damage late game can turn a super tanker on the enemy teams into a disability dog running back to base... win 2 out of 3 games i played and the lost is bc my teammates cant even read the mini map...

veigar acutally reminds me of nexus alot, the first skill we use to last hit creep to gain extra damage in the late game... but veigar is AP in stead o just damage.... @__@


I tried him today too and I love him! He fits my style perfectly.
Never Knows Best.
Diggity
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States806 Posts
June 22 2010 17:22 GMT
#1691
Do I build a frozen mallet first or something?


Yes.

Generally as AD Yi, your biggest issue is going to be locking players into combat since you have no CC. Between your naturally high ground speed and high attack speed, the mallet solves this problem for you. I have seen a few Yis stack mallet and straight zeal/s (sometimes you can ignore boots) to BFS with great success.

I would also suggest going heal/cleanse since AD relies on outlasting opponents instead of out bursting them. (Keep in mind you can still use heal in the jungle when you need it)

Once you are in the mid game you can abuse Yi's speed to tear apart anyone trying to solo farm. With heal/cleanse, burst damage squishys are particularly vulnerable (Ryze, Veigar, AP Ezrael, AP Janna). Just stay away from karthus.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
June 22 2010 17:23 GMT
#1692
cleanse ghost is better... nothing like having ghost, ghostblade, and highlander to get in or out of combat really really quickly.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
shawster
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada2485 Posts
June 22 2010 17:46 GMT
#1693
frozen mallet is meh for yi, depends if you play him a dps who just shoots into a battle or a cleanup/assasin champ.

i prefer brutalizer -> phage -> ghostblade maybe a rageblade mixed in there. i like phage because it makes him a bit durable and it's just a great item for melee dps in general. brutalizer because it's imba

after ghostblade go banshees/infedge/lastwhisper

mogwai is right cleanse ghost is almost mandatory on all melee dps now lol
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
June 22 2010 18:56 GMT
#1694
yi's a boring character, let's talk about Taric.

with upcoming bans, I'm curious what people think about the future of Taric and how to build him. With Soraka, Janna and Kayle all looking like super easy targets for bans, I think stock in Taric will be moving up as a viable support, but ever since the ult nerf, I've felt really unclear about how to build him and whether he's actually still viable. Anyone have any insight on Taric? Should you just aura whore with him, going aegis and starks to support heavy DPS teams or is his support generally strong enough to not be totally team dependent?
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
EquilasH
Profile Joined April 2009
Denmark2142 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-22 18:58:01
June 22 2010 18:57 GMT
#1695
On June 22 2010 10:27 Kultcher wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2010 23:41 Mogwai wrote:
re: the dude asking whether he should get kat, kass, nid, malph, or shen:

they're all very viable champs, pick the one you want. Nidalee and Shen are the best of them, but as of right now, I consider both of them tier 2 and the other three tier 3.


I ended up going for Katarina. I've only played 2 games with her but I was doing pretty well... well at least much better than I usually do. Went like 21-6-x in my first game and 16-7-x in my second (lot of deaths, I know... I get a greedy too often).

I was building for a fairly well-rounded AD build with Infinity Edge, but I'm not sure what other items I should focus on. I messed around with the Frozen Hammer thing since I figured the slow would help stop runners and prop up my low HP, and I also tried Zeal for pretty much the same reason as well as more crit and attack speed.

I see a lot of debate about AD vs. AP Kat. Seems to me like AP would be really weak early game. Anyone have any wisdom?

I actually found my self improving when switching from AD to AP.
The style when playing AP is different though. And there's nothing more satisfying than a shunpo-chain triple kill after an "almost-succesful death lotus.
My kill/death/assist ratio went from like 2-1-1.5 to 2.7-1-1.8 after switching to AP, and on top of that my ELO increased and my kda ratio keeps getting better.
wat
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
June 22 2010 19:04 GMT
#1696
Honestly, AP and AD build almost identically at the beginning. Regardless of which build I go I always level up Shunpo a lot and lag behind on BB, because BB pushes creep. And either way I open Sorc Boots and Guise (Brees said he doesn't like Guise, I like it because it gives magic pen and HP).

After that you start seeing the divide, as the AP build goes straight for Rylai while the AD build goes straight for Bloodthirster. Then and only then do you see the difference in survivability and combat focus.

I prefer Bloodthirster, as I prefer to farm quickly and I prefer to have a stronger ranged harass. BB is also a very strong teamfight skill as you'll almost always have your ult jacked up, so you at least this way you get a pretty imbahax quick RC AoE damage skill, on top of the massive farm aid it gives. However it means you're foregoing a snare effect on your skills, and you're down like 500 HP.

Saying ___ is better because I ended up getting ____ better record or ___ is better because ____ used it well is bull. People will prefer different builds because they're more comfortable with it. The fact that this is a constant question means Riot has done a good job balancing it, and it means the most important thing to remember when reading people discussing these things is that if they 100% advocate one over the other they're talking out of their ass.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
SBelmont
Profile Joined August 2008
United States122 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-22 19:09:29
June 22 2010 19:09 GMT
#1697
At around the 30min mark they pushed all our inhibs. They did Baron and failed a push. We couldn't move out because of super minions. We sat in base and they did Baron and pushed again. They died again. Inhibs came back up. Our Heimer was crying since early game about how much we sucked, he sat in base all game defending. I got fed up, and had all my items, and pushed. I 1v3'd Kennen+TF+Soraka and the rest of us pushed (except Heimer) and we owned them hard. Eve left around the time their first inhib turret went down.

[image loading]

Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-22 19:15:26
June 22 2010 19:14 GMT
#1698
for shittalking him so much, that heimer appears to have been quite integral to your win. 500 cs and only 1 death is a big deal and you have a TERRIBLE heimer pushing team composition, so pretty much the best he can hope to do is defend, especially after the heimer push window is expired (about 30-40 minutes in).

EDIT: not fully defending him or anything, just saying that the end screen in many ways justifies his complaints and besides you should have a defender vs. backdooring once you're down to just your inhibs.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
June 22 2010 19:16 GMT
#1699
500 rofl, carry Heimer ftw.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
SBelmont
Profile Joined August 2008
United States122 Posts
June 22 2010 19:20 GMT
#1700
On June 23 2010 04:14 Mogwai wrote:
for shittalking him so much, that heimer appears to have been quite integral to your win. 500 cs and only 1 death is a big deal and you have a TERRIBLE heimer pushing team composition, so pretty much the best he can hope to do is defend, especially after the heimer push window is expired (about 30-40 minutes in).

EDIT: not fully defending him or anything, just saying that the end screen in many ways justifies his complaints and besides you should have a defender vs. backdooring once you're down to just your inhibs.


Yeah, his defense was integral, he raped TF the few times he tried to backdoor. I never shittalked him, but others on our team did.

He shittalked the hell out of us cause Eve and Soraka kept going out alone to die, and yelled at me for being 4/3 early-mid game (was 4/0 at one point, died to three 4v2 ganks with Soraka). He had a ton of CS from defending and one death was to a gank early game.

It was just a hell of a game. It opend in our favor 7-0 then we got raped on team fights, went to something like 30-40. Then we just defended and once I got geared pushed our for the rest of us.
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 1431 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 943
910 722
actioN 612
ggaemo 584
Mong 223
Dewaltoss 104
Leta 99
Yoon 99
soO 40
yabsab 31
[ Show more ]
Hm[arnc] 31
Bale 27
Aegong 18
Noble 15
Dota 2
Fuzer 85
League of Legends
JimRising 549
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss434
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor856
Other Games
summit1g8477
olofmeister795
ceh9556
singsing409
Happy320
Mew2King106
ArmadaUGS43
trigger12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream130
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2317
League of Legends
• Rush1222
• Stunt418
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
5h 7m
OSC
14h 7m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 2h
Online Event
1d 3h
FEL
1d 8h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.