• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:20
CEST 08:20
KST 15:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7733 users

League of Legends [New forum, check OP!] - Page 83

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 1431 Next
CompX
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada216 Posts
June 22 2010 06:13 GMT
#1641
yo guys!

currently, I have 4000 ip, I don't know what hero to buy, I already brought udyr, gragas, zilean. Any suggestions?
man, I am tiny the stone GIANT!! ┌██┘
Khul Sadukar
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1735 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-22 06:24:05
June 22 2010 06:20 GMT
#1642
On June 21 2010 17:49 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2010 17:18 Khul Sadukar wrote:
Also got pulled through a wall by blitzcrank, from middle of lane on TT into jungle. Didnt realise till it was too late either (dont have camera on autofollow)

Good. Use spacebar.


Wasnt expecting it, was heading towards a bush while looking at another part of the map.

So champs pulling u through walls or using abilities to travel through elevated terrain etc is working as intended then?
I don't want to be part everything. I want to be something. - Weapon X
seppolevne
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada1681 Posts
June 22 2010 06:23 GMT
#1643
On June 22 2010 15:13 CompX wrote:
yo guys!

currently, I have 4000 ip, I don't know what hero to buy, I already brought udyr, gragas, zilean. Any suggestions?

I guess you should decide whether you want 3x1350 heroes or a 3100 hero. With that much IP you've definitely tried out more heroes then me but I have bought Eve and Amumu and love both of them. Eve as a burst ganker (with cloak that is oh-so-silly at low levels/elo) and Amumu as hidden team-fight initiation.
My favorite type of character is initiator, so maybe see as to what you like doing most -> solo mid, ganker, initiator, carry, pusher etc.
3 heroes lets you mix it up a bit more, but the more expensive ones are usually 'cooler' or at least rarer. Exotic even.
J- Pirate Udyr WW T- Pirate Riven Galio M- Galio Annie S- Sona Lux -- Always farm, never carry.
Baikinman
Profile Joined January 2010
United States74 Posts
June 22 2010 06:27 GMT
#1644
On June 22 2010 15:13 CompX wrote:
yo guys!

currently, I have 4000 ip, I don't know what hero to buy, I already brought udyr, gragas, zilean. Any suggestions?


Collect all the 6300 IP hero its more fun
はっひふっへほ~♪
Baikinman
Profile Joined January 2010
United States74 Posts
June 22 2010 06:32 GMT
#1645
Karthus, Twitch, Blitzcrank, Ezreal, Corki, Kennen, Anivia only 44100 IP
はっひふっへほ~♪
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
June 22 2010 06:35 GMT
#1646
i don't get why twitch is 6300 or kennen either
but blitz is worth every penny and i can't wait til i can afford anivia :rock:
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
Baikinman
Profile Joined January 2010
United States74 Posts
June 22 2010 06:36 GMT
#1647
skillshot hero = 6300 IP

i say Ashe should b 6300 IP as well hahaha

Her ult is a skill shot + i see ppl missing point blank so its possible
はっひふっへほ~♪
shawster
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada2485 Posts
June 22 2010 06:36 GMT
#1648
if twitch was anything less then 6300 then there will be a shitstorm

kennen was just an attempt by riot to get people to buy rp lol.
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
June 22 2010 06:37 GMT
#1649
i just assume invis = noob hero = cheap IP
but yeah kennen is like a 1350 hero for sure
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
June 22 2010 06:43 GMT
#1650
yo what do you kids play when you're waiting for the LoL servers to come back up?
cause i swear to god i spend more time waiting than playing, they're down like 60% of the time -_-

i do a bit of multiplayer starland on kongregate with a buddy
http://www.kongregate.com/games/wmarsh/starland-multiplayer-td

but yeah, anything good, free, and fast that provides a nice time killer while waiting?
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
Baikinman
Profile Joined January 2010
United States74 Posts
June 22 2010 06:53 GMT
#1651
is that only for 2 ppl?
はっひふっへほ~♪
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
June 22 2010 06:54 GMT
#1652
yeah unfortunately. it's also pretty simple but it's relatively fun and competitive. lots of strategies (long mazes with weak towers, short mazes with strong towers, mixed towers, etc) work early so you feel like you can beat the other guy no matter what

just make sure you build air towers in the middle cause air rapes everyone
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
radmax86
Profile Joined September 2004
United States437 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-22 06:55:02
June 22 2010 06:54 GMT
#1653
On June 22 2010 15:43 gtrsrs wrote:
yo what do you kids play when you're waiting for the LoL servers to come back up?
cause i swear to god i spend more time waiting than playing, they're down like 60% of the time -_-

i do a bit of multiplayer starland on kongregate with a buddy
http://www.kongregate.com/games/wmarsh/starland-multiplayer-td

but yeah, anything good, free, and fast that provides a nice time killer while waiting?



minesweeper
Soloside
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1238 Posts
June 22 2010 06:59 GMT
#1654
On June 22 2010 15:54 radmax86 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2010 15:43 gtrsrs wrote:
yo what do you kids play when you're waiting for the LoL servers to come back up?
cause i swear to god i spend more time waiting than playing, they're down like 60% of the time -_-

i do a bit of multiplayer starland on kongregate with a buddy
http://www.kongregate.com/games/wmarsh/starland-multiplayer-td

but yeah, anything good, free, and fast that provides a nice time killer while waiting?



minesweeper


Rad is SO SO SO good at it.

I just troll D2jsp like a champ.
LoL: Taylor Swift | King Kayle
SnK-Arcbound
Profile Joined March 2005
United States4423 Posts
June 22 2010 07:01 GMT
#1655
How do I add that gadget to my sidebar :/ .
ArC_man
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States2798 Posts
June 22 2010 07:09 GMT
#1656
On June 22 2010 15:13 CompX wrote:
yo guys!

currently, I have 4000 ip, I don't know what hero to buy, I already brought udyr, gragas, zilean. Any suggestions?

Depends what type of hero you like. Judging from the heros you own (udyr and gragas), you probably like jungling so warwick is a good pick. Shaco is also great at jungling and he's free this week so you can try him out first.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51694 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-22 07:12:42
June 22 2010 07:11 GMT
#1657
finally back online sdfsdf

nvm failing to logon
Commentator
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
June 22 2010 07:28 GMT
#1658
hey folks, kind of same question as CompX, but I'm a totally different player, I'm pretty defensively, currently playing mainly Nasus, Kayle and Soraka, and in that order most of the time. Enjoying them all, I like their mechanics, but I'm searching to expand, mabye another ranged hero if my team lacks those, wich would be a decent hero for defensive play? (doesn't neccecarily need to be a tank)
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
June 22 2010 07:33 GMT
#1659
On June 22 2010 16:28 Bloodash wrote:
hey folks, kind of same question as CompX, but I'm a totally different player, I'm pretty defensively, currently playing mainly Nasus, Kayle and Soraka, and in that order most of the time. Enjoying them all, I like their mechanics, but I'm searching to expand, mabye another ranged hero if my team lacks those, wich would be a decent hero for defensive play? (doesn't neccecarily need to be a tank)


zilean plays pretty defensively as a support hero
i dunno sivir is a ranged DPS but she also has important team skills so she needs to stay alive so she plays somewhat defensively
anivia can play "hole-up" d with her wall and skills, she's ranged and very expensive IP-wise
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
June 22 2010 08:10 GMT
#1660
Sorry about the late responses, I posted this morning and it's already like 6 pages ahead:

On June 21 2010 23:55 Mogwai wrote:
Pantheon wins vs. Ryze mostly via attrition. Spear shot is busted as hell for the first 3 levels, you just zone them off of creeps or force them to trade harass with your 83 damage nuke that costs 30 mana and has a 4 second CD (which always leads to a mana advantage for Pantheon if nothing else).

EDIT: damn, that fucker plays too much, especially with shitty characters, lol.

Yeah, I understand that there are characters that zone you out early, especially with Ryze's terrible movespeed, but once you level the bounce shot high enough you should be able to safely farm waves regardless of zoning. Generally, with any character, I try to stay as far away from Pantheon as I can and retreat to tower range if I'm getting jumped. His burst rapes pretty much everyone.

On June 21 2010 23:58 Southlight wrote:
My point is, a competent player will simply stand off of the creep, thus, targeting the player with bounce shot will simply turn it into a single-target single-hit nuke. At this point, coupled with his lack of range, the Trists and Ashes (ranged DPS) of the world will pummel Ryze, as they outrange him and have far more sustained damage output if Ryze were to actually try to close the gap and cast his two single-target single-hit nukes.

I know, but you just stay on the opposite side of the creeps from them and they can't harass you without getting in range of your bounce shot or between your creeps/tower. I know you know that you move from the middle of the lane if this happens.

Other dedicated solo mid nukers (Pantheon, Kat, Karthus, Anivia, Annie, etc.) have much stronger, more repeatable (attrition) combos and/or superior range or burst, particularly until level 6 (where Ryze finally begins to shine). "Well you just have to wait until level 6" you might say. A couple days ago I was playing Ashe vs Ashe, where the other Ashe opened Doran's Blade and I opened Fortitude. Suffice it to say I was level 6 when he was level 4. "Waiting until level 6" when you're outmatched solo is rarely going to end well.

I think it's relatively easy to farm with Ryze assuming you just pour everything into bounce. You don't even really have to be anywhere close to danger to hit a creep at the halfway point of the mid lane with his bounce shot.

"But you can break combos with prison" you bring up. That's fine and dandy except prison doesn't actually break combos. It's an entangle, not a stun, so casting prison on Pantheon/Kat does jack-all for you, except to cause you to stand in place in their channeled spell for another second.

My post addressed the hardships of dealing with Kat/Pantheon the sentence immediately after I said they'd put a point in prison to prevent combos. I know Pantheon/Kat is hard, but it's hard for pretty much everyone. Against a good amount of characters that typically solo mid, Ryze can easily hold his own. Against Pantheon it's hard before level 6 (well, hard in general) and against Kat it's hard after level 6. It doesn't mean it's impossible.

All I'm saying is that he's a pretty solid choice for solo mid nowadays because the higher level and better farmed he is during teamfights, the more AoE he does, and I'm sure you've seen a farmed Ryze drop an entire team to 1/4 health in two shots.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 1431 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 152
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1860
ggaemo 377
Yoon 377
910 306
Shuttle 84
Dewaltoss 77
Mong 64
Hm[arnc] 42
Bale 25
soO 25
[ Show more ]
Noble 21
yabsab 17
ZergMaN 16
Icarus 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm163
League of Legends
JimRising 612
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1205
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor762
Other Games
summit1g8721
C9.Mang0305
PiGStarcraft290
Happy141
Mew2King131
ArmadaUGS46
trigger15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream118
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 43
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2336
League of Legends
• Lourlo1163
• Rush1097
• Stunt433
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
6h 40m
OSC
15h 40m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 3h
Online Event
1d 4h
FEL
1d 9h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.