• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:43
CEST 16:43
KST 23:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)46Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8748 users

League of Legends [New forum, check OP!] - Page 76

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 1431 Next
EquilasH
Profile Joined April 2009
Denmark2142 Posts
June 21 2010 17:44 GMT
#1501
Is it just me or everytime you solo-queue and you get on a win streak, you'll just be put on a feeding team the next game?
wat
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-21 17:47:42
June 21 2010 17:46 GMT
#1502
zilean's just a bad version of janna.

which is to say he's still good and will be a popular choice after Janna's banned in season 1 games.

the suspense over season 1 and the pantheon changes is really killing me now ...

EDIT: it used to feel that way for me, but I had an 11 game solo queue winstreak like 2-3 weeks ago, so I guess it just starts to subside as your ELO moves up.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 21 2010 17:53 GMT
#1503
Too tanky and not enough damage means enemies will just ignore you and focus other people. Nasus isn't weak, but he doesn't have enough CC to protect your carry.

I didn't find that to be a problem, actually. What usually ended up happening is I get focused and cannot be killed with ult on, I wither someone who then gets 2 shot, then the group starts to scatter. A couple more get picked off by other heroes and I wither another one who also gets picked off by me. Profit. The few times I managed to get focused down quick enough to actually die, I've sacrificed myself to either get a kill myself, or keep their team close ennough for the rest of mine to finish the ones at half health by the time my ulti is done. And even then I don't really die because Guardian angel procs.

nasus needs to be built 100% tank. his ult is on a short enough CD that you should have it for every teamfight and so long as you're using it at the right time, you are enough of a threat with just abilities that your main concern is to make focusing you down impossible. money spent on items that do damage is money wasted because your ult and siphoning strike make you do so fucking much damage that what you're getting from damage items isn't as valuable as what you get from sunfire capes.

I usually do have my ult up for all teamfights but I was wondering about CD reduction....should I get some? Being able to use my ult more = more win. Also, sunfire capes? That does seem like a good idea..I'll have to try rotating one (or two?) in somehow. I also wanted to try that armor that gives increasing Hp boost (me= jealous of Cho'gath with 4k-5k+ health).
Thanks for all the advice!

It's definitely fun to play Nasus DPS, but again it doesn't always pay off. Tanking is definitely the way to go.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 21 2010 17:55 GMT
#1504
Also as an added note, our carry doesn't seem to need much protection most of the time as it's fucking Jax, and dodge is OP as hell. I'm mostly protecting Gangplank and our ranged.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
June 21 2010 18:05 GMT
#1505
CD redux is a waste on him, his ult's already on low enough CD and so is Spirit Fire. The only ability I really want on a lower CD is wither, but I still don't think it's worth the investment.

And even though Nasus farms up a warmogs really quickly, it's still just inefficient. So much of the investment in warmogs goes towards the HP Regen which is a bad stat. They seriously need to lower the cost of that recipe by at least 300.

Every decent nasus build I see goes something like:


Some combination of 1 or 2 of the following early: Heart of Gold, Sheen, Aegis of the Legion

Merc Treads

1 or 2 Sunfire Capes

Guardian Angel

if you got a Heart of Gold, upgrade to Omen

Elixir pump on your last slot or get another sunfire cape
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
pokeyAA
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States936 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-21 18:10:19
June 21 2010 18:08 GMT
#1506
What do you guys think of Jax now? AP or AD?

I went doran blade, ninja tab, 2 guinsoos, rylais last game with double pots fort/brilliance and did pretty well haha.

thinking about getting a lichbane instead of another guinsoo but it was funny hitting max stacks just by going W,Q,E, with your regular combo and unleashing hell right off the bat. Squished an enemy TF and Malazar one after the other in teamfights.

Also, didnt they do something with how Atma's impaler works with Jax's passive now?

Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
June 21 2010 18:11 GMT
#1507
I dunno, Jax just sucks unless he has a morgana shield and a kayle shield on him, and let's face it, you're probably better off with twitch or trist or something with that shit on them. I've really come around on Jax, I think he's the most overrated piece of garbage out there, he's so underwhelming to me. I'm 90% sure I'd rather have a great mundo than a great jax on my team at this point.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
kdgns
Profile Joined May 2009
United States2427 Posts
June 21 2010 18:12 GMT
#1508
On June 22 2010 02:43 travis wrote:
is zilean the guy who makes bombs that explode after 4 secs or w/e?
that hero seems sooo worthless late game
but there is a good chance i dunno what im talking about


late game its about ulting their dps focus, then slowing them/speeding up when you chase, your job is to put your team in an advantageous position early buy owning them with double bombs, making sure teammates escape/gets ulted so late game you guys should get a level advantage. Also, his dps isnt that bad with his bombs going off very often. Remember to rewind when ult is on cd to make sure its up for every fight.

WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 21 2010 18:20 GMT
#1509
Thanks Mogwai. Incredibly helpful.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
pokeyAA
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States936 Posts
June 21 2010 18:22 GMT
#1510
How dare you mock the great Grandmaster at Arms mog. You will rue this day.
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
June 21 2010 18:23 GMT
#1511
On June 22 2010 02:43 travis wrote:
is zilean the guy who makes bombs that explode after 4 secs or w/e?
that hero seems sooo worthless late game
but there is a good chance i dunno what im talking about

You're pretty much spot on. He's a strong laner at the early game. Then his utli is strong mid game, and late game he's pretty worthless.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
June 21 2010 18:30 GMT
#1512
Zilean is incredibly powerful if his team has a strong melee DPS carry, like Jax or Nasus or Udyr. He's like the old Kayle - very reliant on one strong teammate, but if he gets that one strong teammate it's almost impossible taking that team down.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 21 2010 18:41 GMT
#1513
You know it's funny, I originally though I'd dump this game as soon as SC2 beta came back online, but I find myself growing increasingly addicted. This in spite of my wariness to even play this considering my bad experiences in DotA. I find the LoL community to be (for the most part) much friendlier and more helpful than in DotA although maybe the only reason I think this is because of the lack of banlists. How the hell were you supposed to ever learn how to play DotA when no one would even let you play?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Soloside
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1238 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-21 18:45:11
June 21 2010 18:42 GMT
#1514
On June 21 2010 23:38 HazMat wrote:
For Soloside
[image loading]
I didn't die to wraiths this time. They brought me down to 90 hp but my second alpha strike took them out. I started with armor + 5hp pots this time and it worked better.
I had some great ganks but my team was awful. Would have worked if I didn't solo que.
I did die to Dragon though lol.


You still shouldn't be that low after wraiths >_>



On June 22 2010 03:41 WaveofShadow wrote:
You know it's funny, I originally though I'd dump this game as soon as SC2 beta came back online, but I find myself growing increasingly addicted. This in spite of my wariness to even play this considering my bad experiences in DotA. I find the LoL community to be (for the most part) much friendlier and more helpful than in DotA although maybe the only reason I think this is because of the lack of banlists. How the hell were you supposed to ever learn how to play DotA when no one would even let you play?


Ai versions.

I started off playing Dota and was fairly decent at it. I rarely went under 1:1 ratio when I played.

Started 5.84c with SA or Lion. WAS EZPK.



On June 22 2010 03:43 Southlight wrote:
When I jungle I always get really low at wraithspawn with most heroes - I've had a few cases with Udyr/Malphite that I'd get away with like 10 hp. It's actually so painful that if I see a golem spawn at my first spot I don't use smite on them; I just hold on to smite the blue wraith :|


I don't even run smite on my jungle yi.
LoL: Taylor Swift | King Kayle
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-21 18:44:13
June 21 2010 18:43 GMT
#1515
When I jungle I always get really low at wraithspawn with most heroes - I've had a few cases with Udyr/Malphite that I'd get away with like 10 hp. It's actually so painful that if I see a golem spawn at my first spot I don't use smite on them; I just hold on to smite the blue wraith :|
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
June 21 2010 18:47 GMT
#1516
On June 22 2010 03:30 Southlight wrote:
Zilean is incredibly powerful if his team has a strong melee DPS carry, like Jax or Nasus or Udyr. He's like the old Kayle - very reliant on one strong teammate, but if he gets that one strong teammate it's almost impossible taking that team down.


i was playing a game earlier where we were losing up til mid game, but then we just dominated late game cause we had me as kayle, zil and an okay farmed(soon to be fed) jax + two other randoms. even though we didnt have a really hard tank, they just couldnt kill us.
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
June 21 2010 18:49 GMT
#1517
why do they have two rune pages but only one mastery build
it's my first day
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
June 21 2010 18:49 GMT
#1518
Yeah, Jax is the epitomy of Zilean abuse, because it's really rough having to kill him twice.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-21 18:52:32
June 21 2010 18:51 GMT
#1519
my favorite game on my smurf involved a zilean on our team. we had two leavers and I was playing tryndamere, my friend was playing corki and we had a zilean. turns out Tryndamere lategame with an extra life from zilean and corki shredding their armor is way better than 5 fucking terrible players, lol. had 20 soto stacks, 20 levi stacks, IE, Ghostblade and like, Phantom Dancer or something stupid and I kept selling my boots to keep my elixir pump going, it was pretty epic and awesome in spite of being a completely horrible game.

On June 22 2010 03:49 trace wm wrote:
why do they have two rune pages but only one mastery build

because you can edit masteries during champion select.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
rredtooth
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
5464 Posts
June 21 2010 18:51 GMT
#1520
On June 22 2010 03:49 trace wm wrote:
why do they have two rune pages but only one mastery build
because masteries you can change during champ select. rune page you can't other then choosing which of your two presets. that's why people (myself included) are begging for ~10 rune pages. hard to customize when you can only choose between two.

also mogwai, i've yet to see a mundo where i was like "yes! i'm glad this guy's on my team." i have seen jax that have made me say that.
[formerly sponsored by the artist formerly known as Gene]
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 1431 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1333
ComeBackTV 502
SteadfastSC431
TaKeTV 388
LamboSC2280
IndyStarCraft 144
Rex140
EnkiAlexander 49
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 431
LamboSC2 280
IndyStarCraft 144
ProTech141
Rex 140
BRAT_OK 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40662
Shuttle 2525
Horang2 923
EffOrt 908
Light 874
Mini 789
Soma 397
BeSt 330
Stork 325
firebathero 317
[ Show more ]
Rush 266
Hyuk 241
Snow 240
ZerO 217
ggaemo 175
Leta 102
Pusan 84
hero 80
Killer 62
Sea.KH 60
Sharp 47
sorry 39
Mind 35
Shinee 35
ToSsGirL 31
Mong 29
Bale 28
Shine 27
Yoon 26
Aegong 25
Sexy 23
soO 23
Trap 22
Terrorterran 19
Free 15
NotJumperer 11
Sacsri 9
JulyZerg 9
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8899
Dendi904
qojqva762
Fuzer 178
420jenkins120
Counter-Strike
markeloff655
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2005
crisheroes1227
XaKoH 178
Other Games
singsing1984
B2W.Neo1033
Hui .197
Liquid`VortiX179
ArmadaUGS160
QueenE107
Mew2King98
ZerO(Twitch)20
Railgan18
Trikslyr2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream98
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Gemini_19 12
• mYiSmile18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• HerbMon 3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2021
League of Legends
• Nemesis2885
• Jankos2419
• TFBlade901
Other Games
• WagamamaTV182
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 17m
Stellar Fest
22h 17m
OSC
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 19h
Online Event
1d 20h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.