• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:29
CEST 20:29
KST 03:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon109
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9974 users

League of Legends [New forum, check OP!] - Page 61

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 1431 Next
Brees
Profile Joined January 2010
Marshall Islands3404 Posts
June 18 2010 14:49 GMT
#1201
On June 18 2010 23:29 Mogwai wrote:
wow, I never get to farm that much :p. I think I get the first 75 cs very quickly with panth, but at that point, I transition to going after champions a lot, so I don't seem to get much farm aside from HSing big creep waves and clearing jungle when I can.

in related news: i had a 15 minute triforce on my nasus with 0/0/0 on my smurf last night before I started playing with you, lol. I think I killed every single creep that came mid :p


tri-force on nasus smh. cant believe people still build that on him

THE EXTRA SS DAMAGE DOES NOT ADD TO YOUR BASE DAMAGE, TRI-FORCE IS -AWFUL- on him, I dont even get sheen anymore.
Brees on in
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
June 18 2010 14:52 GMT
#1202
Yeh, it's why at the beginning of my game I thoroughly insisted Pantheon take the 1v1.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
June 18 2010 14:52 GMT
#1203
it was on a smurf that I use to play with IRL friends who have no idea what they're doing. if I want a triforce, I'm gonna get a triforce >=O
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
June 18 2010 14:54 GMT
#1204
It's like that Blitz the other day, who rushed Triforce, and I was like, "someone needs to tell him that build is 4 months old."
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
June 18 2010 14:57 GMT
#1205
my smurf fluctuates between the way old builds like stacking BFs on Kat and Triforce on Nasus and the cutting edge new shit like Philly Stone, BoM, Locket, SV, FoN Ashe and Wit's End, Zerker Greaves, Malady, SotD Soraka.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
June 18 2010 15:01 GMT
#1206
My smurf is forced to tryhard because my winrate is ridiculous. But at least I tryhard but don't care about results. I only wish I could adopt the same mentality on my main.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
June 18 2010 15:21 GMT
#1207
These high elo people with insane +win rates, do they play premades exclusively? From my limited number of solo queuing games, I'm stuck with awful players just as often as with good ones, and I'm barely maintaining a 55% win ratio.
it's my first day
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-18 15:40:57
June 18 2010 15:39 GMT
#1208
After you reach a certain threshold you become far less likely to land utterly useless (or destrimental) players on your team. Not to say you won't, but you're far less likely. At that point a great player is much more likely to win than not, while an average player will be more reliant on a great player, and a bad player will most likely begin to lose a lot. Thus, great players will extend their win rate even with solo queue. The absolutely crazy win rate differentials, however, definitely come largely from some sort of premades, because that way you cut down on the likelihood of landing bad players while increasing the number of "great players" on your team. It's why jiji's premade is so feared by redtooth and brees (I haven't played them yet, I'm not good enough).

Edit:
For example, I don't know their winrates but I think Brettt and Shhadow (neither of whom are astounding, though, tbh) almost always queue together. That probably helps their winrate significantly as opposed to if they were so simply solo queue. They're not fabulous, but they're solid, and capable of having great games, so barring some sort of tragic teammate they increase their likelihood of winning because one or the other may go off in any given game.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-18 15:54:54
June 18 2010 15:51 GMT
#1209
On June 18 2010 23:54 Southlight wrote:
It's like that Blitz the other day, who rushed Triforce, and I was like, "someone needs to tell him that build is 4 months old."


Wait, do we still build sheen for blitz? I have always been building sheen, ghostblade, and brutalizer on my blitzcrank, with the goal of just instagibbing whoever I grab as quickly as possible before the other team engages, along with nice cooldown. Ghost and smite. If you hide behind only 1 minion, I'm going to get you!
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-18 16:00:28
June 18 2010 15:53 GMT
#1210
Sheen is fine; 2800 gold for extra negligible effects not so much, IMO.

Edit:
Wow, fixed my post. Typing while sleepy and distracted at work is not good.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
June 18 2010 17:21 GMT
#1211
Yi is so overpowered in a 2v1 lane it's not even funny. What can you do when the first trip back gets him a NLR and basic boots? On top of that he can still outrun everyone in the game with just basic boots by busting ghost+highlander and cleansing out of a stun.

It's so fun to play Yi. I love how he's viable again.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
June 18 2010 17:23 GMT
#1212
Don't forget, with Ghostblade he has 3 Ghosts.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
seppolevne
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada1681 Posts
June 18 2010 17:26 GMT
#1213
I just downloaded this game a few nights ago, as something to split my Dota time on now that HoN is out of beta, and it's fuuuuun. Finally made 1350+ points and was ready to buy my first hero... look at all the moves... look at all the pictures... Eve!
A quick look around the net convinced me that wasn't the best choice, but at level 7 I have been tearing it up. Invis is just stupid good in scrub pubs.
I actually carried one game with BoMobility + APBook + 3xSunfire + Resurrect Armour. Just follow them pushing so when they got to our base they were at 1/2-1/3 health.
When I am no longer a scrub I'd like to learn some team-oriented stuff.
Please add me to the list: chaosfortunate
J- Pirate Udyr WW T- Pirate Riven Galio M- Galio Annie S- Sona Lux -- Always farm, never carry.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
June 18 2010 17:26 GMT
#1214
and he cannot be slowed!

anyone else think they need to remove the fucking AP based bonus damage to turrets? I think that's the stupid shit ever when AP Yi or a Kayle just fucking murders your tower after only investing in AP.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
June 18 2010 17:30 GMT
#1215
I think it's what balances the game, to be honest. If you think they should lessen the effect of AP you may argue that, but I think it's retarded that a caster 30 minutes into a game can only offer piddling damage to a tower.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
June 18 2010 17:39 GMT
#1216
change it to X% of your AP OR your regular Damage and take the higher then. the bonus thing makes hybridy guys whack towers too hard.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
pokeyAA
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States936 Posts
June 18 2010 17:49 GMT
#1217
On June 19 2010 02:26 seppolevne wrote:
I just downloaded this game a few nights ago, as something to split my Dota time on now that HoN is out of beta, and it's fuuuuun. Finally made 1350+ points and was ready to buy my first hero... look at all the moves... look at all the pictures... Eve!
A quick look around the net convinced me that wasn't the best choice, but at level 7 I have been tearing it up. Invis is just stupid good in scrub pubs.
I actually carried one game with BoMobility + APBook + 3xSunfire + Resurrect Armour. Just follow them pushing so when they got to our base they were at 1/2-1/3 health.
When I am no longer a scrub I'd like to learn some team-oriented stuff.
Please add me to the list: chaosfortunate


I miss playing Eve

Pub stomping is so fun with her at lower levels, but then she quickly becomes one of the worst champs as you face better competition.
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
June 18 2010 17:55 GMT
#1218
yea, once people stop falling for Eve's shit, she's insta-queue dodge material.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
rredtooth
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
5464 Posts
June 18 2010 18:12 GMT
#1219
On June 18 2010 15:43 Juicyfruit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2010 14:29 redtooth wrote:
On June 18 2010 14:16 Mogget wrote:
On June 18 2010 14:06 Zato-1 wrote:
On June 18 2010 13:51 shawster wrote:
On June 18 2010 13:49 Mogget wrote:
On June 18 2010 13:44 shawster wrote:
veigar is a tricky hero

with the right team he will be decent, but the problem with veigar is that merc treads owns his stun, his skyfall thingy is unreliable and his ulti is just another 1 target dps ulti in a game where aoe reigns supreme. the only good thing that makes him viable is his stun, and to maximize it you have to run cdr on veigar imo.

if you have a decent team setup and you just need that extra aoe disable, he'll be a good choice.

also, he isn't a good mid. he'll have a really hard time killing anyone in mid, and he'll have a harder time surviving.

summoner spells NEED to be ghost flash, he is so squishy w/o it.



Dont need ghost or flash, i play him mid all the time with exhaust and ignight, almost always get a level 6 kill, and if i dont, no sweat, i gain ap from farming, they dont, i come out on top, as does my team.


exhaust ignite.

don't want to be mean but you will die 100% of the time in team fights vs a decent team. exhaust isn't good on casters like period, and they're both cleansable. ask top players, you need ghost flash

maybe it's a playstyle diff between continents idk

No, you're right; Exhaust + Ignite is an awful spell choice for Veigar if his opponents know what they're doing. He won't die 100% of the time though- he's just picking bad summoner spells, and will have a worse overall performance than if he'd taken good summoner spells.

Mogget will figure it out on his own as he starts facing better players.

On an unrelated note- does anyone else get games where 8/10 players are packing Ghost? It seems to be the FotM summoner spell.
When im already playing against people in the top 500 of eu, i doubt i will play any better opponents, if you think america is really that far ahead of eu then i may have to switch :\
I was a pro dota player though, and had been told that at the top end skill wasnt that different on lol servers, was i miss informed?

btw if you guys are bored, neoillusions is being streamed on CL. and i didn't realize this earlier but fyi neo shows up on the old top 500 list for US. i knew he was good but he's like 200-something on the latest one. what a baller.
He was paired with 2 REALLY bad players, a heimer that doesn't know how to push and a rambo warwick that jumps into 3v1's with no one around. =\ It's players like those that makes me think I could probably play high Elo if I wanted to, because I'd do better than them.
then do it

but seriously the one game neo played amumu, he got a really lucky matchup. they were undoubtly a premade full of scrubs (the ashe went vamp scepter first). i talked to him afterwards and even he was surprised.
[formerly sponsored by the artist formerly known as Gene]
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
June 18 2010 18:13 GMT
#1220
On June 19 2010 02:39 Mogwai wrote:
change it to X% of your AP OR your regular Damage and take the higher then. the bonus thing makes hybridy guys whack towers too hard.

Whacking turrets with Jax is especially funny- not only does he get AP and AD and good attack speed with GRB, but when you use Empower and hit a turret, you get the bonus damage from Empower but your Empower buff doesn't go away :3
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 1431 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 459
UpATreeSC 88
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1029
Dewaltoss 137
firebathero 88
Zeus 68
Trap 48
Sexy 30
zelot 30
soO 23
ToSsGirL 21
Bale 20
[ Show more ]
JYJ 19
Shine 16
NaDa 15
Dota 2
Gorgc7064
qojqva2305
Dendi855
420jenkins156
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1333
Fnx 674
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5354
Liquid`Hasu1064
Other Games
Grubby4618
summit1g1703
Beastyqt759
B2W.Neo634
ceh9473
byalli366
C9.Mang0156
KnowMe152
ArmadaUGS146
TKL 117
BRAT_OK 74
Railgan10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV248
WardiTV247
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream145
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 33
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• FirePhoenix14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3690
Other Games
• Shiphtur356
• WagamamaTV294
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 31m
Kung Fu Cup
16h 31m
Stellar Fest
18h 31m
The PondCast
1d 15h
OSC
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.