• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:05
CEST 01:05
KST 08:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)20Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10358 users

League of Legends [New forum, check OP!] - Page 1199

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1431 Next
TieN.nS)
Profile Joined August 2003
United States2131 Posts
October 13 2010 16:34 GMT
#23961
LW on Corki seems like a waste to me since % reduction is applied after all the flat armor reduction.
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-13 16:36:19
October 13 2010 16:35 GMT
#23962
On October 14 2010 01:10 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Triple blade to IE is such a good build that it's hard to argue for anything else on MF/Trist/Twitch.

I get 1dlabe into 2 avarice instead of 3 dblades on twitch. It's hard to say though, I really like the hp from dblade especially since I go atmas after my banshees but the 2 avarice + ie + green pot make you crit like crazy with your ulti. The gold/5 is also neat.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
October 13 2010 16:41 GMT
#23963
LW is bad on Corki in theory because he's already shredding their armor.

LW is best as a 1-stop shot for Armor Penetration, as it has negative synergy with flat penetration and armor reduction.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-13 16:53:12
October 13 2010 16:51 GMT
#23964
I find it very hard to justify going 3-Dblade on Ashe, who has really bad innate DPS-potential. I'm pretty convinced that I should just get Iedge and LW ASAP, and skip all that doran stacking nonsense.

I'd skip on my first doran item and just get a longsword if I could, but that's not very realistic these days.

There's that brutalizer/ghostblade build that also works and is easier to play with (because it's much easier to spam volley than to position yourself safely for autoattacks), but it's still suboptimal imo.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
October 13 2010 17:01 GMT
#23965
[image loading]

QUADRA KILL WITH OLAF

MAN POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-13 17:08:59
October 13 2010 17:07 GMT
#23966
Also, I'm getting the impression that mindlessly putting points into volley every 2 levels isn't quite as good as it sounds because there's the mana issue and Ashe really just needs enough cd on volley to make her an undesirable target to harass.

How does

W,Q,W,E,W,R,Q,Q,Q,Q,R sound in comparison to

W,Q,W,E,W,R,W,Q,W,Q,R
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-13 17:09:00
October 13 2010 17:08 GMT
#23967
On October 14 2010 01:51 Juicyfruit wrote:
I find it very hard to justify going 3-Dblade on Ashe, who has really bad innate DPS-potential. I'm pretty convinced that I should just get Iedge and LW ASAP, and skip all that doran stacking nonsense.

I'd skip on my first doran item and just get a longsword if I could, but that's not very realistic these days.

There's that brutalizer/ghostblade build that also works and is easier to play with (because it's much easier to spam volley than to position yourself safely for autoattacks), but it's still suboptimal imo.

IE/LW is just as or even more suboptimal on Ashe... Ashe is a bad autoattacker compared to other champs, and crit/LW doesn't help your Volleys at all.

On October 14 2010 02:07 Juicyfruit wrote:
Also, I'm getting the impression that mindlessly putting points into volley every 2 levels isn't quite as good as it sounds.

How does

W,Q,W,E,W,R,Q,Q,Q,Q,R sound in comparison?


Sounds like being stuck on 12 seconds cooldown instead of 4.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-13 17:12:13
October 13 2010 17:10 GMT
#23968
Yes, ashe is a bad autoattacker, but since you're ricing your lane solo and technically still a ranged carry, you're expected to provide the most sustainable damage to your team possible.

I'm sad to say that I don't like brut/GB as much as I used to. Sad because I was one of the first to suggest that build on Ashe, even before you I think.

And firing volley every 4 second isn't really that great of an idea.
DefMatrixUltra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada1992 Posts
October 13 2010 17:12 GMT
#23969
On October 14 2010 01:35 HazMat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2010 01:10 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Triple blade to IE is such a good build that it's hard to argue for anything else on MF/Trist/Twitch.

I get 1dlabe into 2 avarice instead of 3 dblades on twitch. It's hard to say though, I really like the hp from dblade especially since I go atmas after my banshees but the 2 avarice + ie + green pot make you crit like crazy with your ulti. The gold/5 is also neat.


I actually open Dshield into 2 Avarice Blades -> IE on Twitch. With 9 in defense and 21 in utility. I might just suck at early game Twitch, though.
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-13 17:21:45
October 13 2010 17:16 GMT
#23970
Basically my current gameplan with Ashe is to try and survive lane, farm up 2200 gold for BF + boots by level 10, get frost shot maxed out by level 10, grab red buff and arrow-gank every minute with ECA.

I do believe red + slow arrow stacks, so they're REALLY slow when you come a-knocking, not even ghost/flash is gonna let them get away.

That said, solomid level 10 is really pushing the limit at which a gank can be considered effective, so I am unwilling to put this into practice.
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
October 13 2010 17:44 GMT
#23971
On October 14 2010 01:41 Mogwai wrote:
LW is best as a 1-stop shot for Armor Penetration, as it has negative synergy with flat penetration and armor reduction.


it works well as a dps/arpen item in a single slot but it defintely isn't countersynergistic with other arpen and armred items

I just did some math in class and I'm on my touch so I don't wanna type it all out but

assuming 80 base damage and 0.85 aspd and 20 armor pen from runes as well as 100 armor on enemy champ

also I'm saying bruta gives 15 arpen and 20 AD cause I can't remember the right numbers exactly but I know I'm close

bruta + bf sword results in 66.92 dps
bruta + bruta + long sword gives 74 dps assuming brutas stack
bruta + last whisper gives 85.5 dps

cut their armor to 80 and last whisper still gives more dps
cut armor to 60 and double bruta does more damage
higher than 100 armor LW obviously helps more


So unless they have no tanks and you're allowed to gun right for their 40 armor trist, last whisper is always a better investment than flat arpen

but in a real game garen is going to be chasing you away so LW Will be muchore effective on him
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
STS17
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1817 Posts
October 13 2010 17:50 GMT
#23972
So I've been experimenting with different ways to make my opponents rage to improve my tanking abilities on various champions. Thus far I've established a few failsafe methods:

Feed twice then begin talking trash (works best on Morde against their squishy carry since you benefit from their fed-ness)

Tell someone on their team to "grow up" as soon as they make a comment after dieing

Telling the other team that this is your first time playing tristana since getting her on facebook and you are wondering why you can't take your R skill like on Udyr
Platinum Level Terran - Take my advice from that perspective
STS17
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1817 Posts
October 13 2010 17:51 GMT
#23973
On October 14 2010 02:44 gtrsrs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2010 01:41 Mogwai wrote:
LW is best as a 1-stop shot for Armor Penetration, as it has negative synergy with flat penetration and armor reduction.


it works well as a dps/arpen item in a single slot but it defintely isn't countersynergistic with other arpen and armred items

I just did some math in class and I'm on my touch so I don't wanna type it all out but

assuming 80 base damage and 0.85 aspd and 20 armor pen from runes as well as 100 armor on enemy champ

also I'm saying bruta gives 15 arpen and 20 AD cause I can't remember the right numbers exactly but I know I'm close

bruta + bf sword results in 66.92 dps
bruta + bruta + long sword gives 74 dps assuming brutas stack
bruta + last whisper gives 85.5 dps

cut their armor to 80 and last whisper still gives more dps
cut armor to 60 and double bruta does more damage
higher than 100 armor LW obviously helps more


So unless they have no tanks and you're allowed to gun right for their 40 armor trist, last whisper is always a better investment than flat arpen

but in a real game garen is going to be chasing you away so LW Will be muchore effective on him


All sources of ArPen are unique and do not stack with themselves. E.G. Bruta does not stack with Bruta but will stack with Ghostblade.
Platinum Level Terran - Take my advice from that perspective
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-13 17:56:11
October 13 2010 17:55 GMT
#23974
On October 14 2010 02:10 Juicyfruit wrote:
Yes, ashe is a bad autoattacker, but since you're ricing your lane solo and technically still a ranged carry, you're expected to provide the most sustainable damage to your team possible.

I'm sad to say that I don't like brut/GB as much as I used to. Sad because I was one of the first to suggest that build on Ashe, even before you I think.

And firing volley every 4 second isn't really that great of an idea.

For sustainable damage, firing a Volley every 2.4 seconds is awesome. You hit several people with it and you don't even have to enter danger zone. You free up CC to protect other allies, and you can still attack even when you are low since you stay at 1k range.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Glasse
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1237 Posts
October 13 2010 17:57 GMT
#23975
Volley has 2 uses. slowing multiple targets or dealing damage. All depends on how you play ashe. I usually end up with 1 point in it at level 3 and then i max everything else before maxing it scout and extra gold is so very useful
ghen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1356 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-13 18:03:15
October 13 2010 18:02 GMT
#23976
Doran's ring is a great first item for many champs including mainly AD ones like MF. The reason being is mana consumption. MF and Corki both can be pretty heavy mana users that shouldn't be taking a lot of damage. The bonus to spells is nice as well and will definitely help with lane clearing and that extra damage taking out your opponent.

Doran's blade though is a better item to pull into the midgame. You won't be needing the lifesteal early, but it helps out more once you get some attack speed and need to gank / teamfight. By this point you will have less and less mana issues and the extra AP isn't helping so much with a pure AD/AS build.

Doran's shield is specifically for when you know you're going to get hit. The health regen and armor will keep you alive against ashe and kog mid early. (or if you're just a baddie like me.. Starting shield on a carry has saved me more than once)

So even when I play an AD carry mid I try to get my first item based on the opponents I'm facing.

Starting meki or vamp is always bad though even if you're going to buy them again later
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-13 18:06:04
October 13 2010 18:05 GMT
#23977
On October 14 2010 02:10 Juicyfruit wrote:
Yes, ashe is a bad autoattacker, but since you're ricing your lane solo and technically still a ranged carry, you're expected to provide the most sustainable damage to your team possible.

I'm sad to say that I don't like brut/GB as much as I used to. Sad because I was one of the first to suggest that build on Ashe, even before you I think.

And firing volley every 4 second isn't really that great of an idea.

it's less about actually firing Volley every 4 seconds than it is about having the option to fire volley every 4 seconds.

EDIT: have I mentioned that I think Manamune is in a really good place right now? I think the item is exactly where it should be.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
October 13 2010 18:14 GMT
#23978
On October 14 2010 02:51 STS17 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2010 02:44 gtrsrs wrote:
On October 14 2010 01:41 Mogwai wrote:
LW is best as a 1-stop shot for Armor Penetration, as it has negative synergy with flat penetration and armor reduction.


it works well as a dps/arpen item in a single slot but it defintely isn't countersynergistic with other arpen and armred items

I just did some math in class and I'm on my touch so I don't wanna type it all out but

assuming 80 base damage and 0.85 aspd and 20 armor pen from runes as well as 100 armor on enemy champ

also I'm saying bruta gives 15 arpen and 20 AD cause I can't remember the right numbers exactly but I know I'm close

bruta + bf sword results in 66.92 dps
bruta + bruta + long sword gives 74 dps assuming brutas stack
bruta + last whisper gives 85.5 dps

cut their armor to 80 and last whisper still gives more dps
cut armor to 60 and double bruta does more damage
higher than 100 armor LW obviously helps more


So unless they have no tanks and you're allowed to gun right for their 40 armor trist, last whisper is always a better investment than flat arpen

but in a real game garen is going to be chasing you away so LW Will be muchore effective on him


All sources of ArPen are unique and do not stack with themselves. E.G. Bruta does not stack with Bruta but will stack with Ghostblade.



really? cars have wheels? since when!?

my math is just a demonstration that for its cost, Last Whisper will always provide improved DPS over flat arpen items of similar cost (i didn't want to compare ghostblade because it's a chunk more expensive, so i did bruta + long sword which is close to equivalent cost) against realistically armored targets, which seems counterintuitive but is true.
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
October 13 2010 18:15 GMT
#23979
What's good about Manamune now? Who's supposed to buy it?
it's my first day
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
October 13 2010 18:16 GMT
#23980
i actually have started going meki first on champs i plan to get mune on, it also means i can forgo mp5 runes and replace them with something else, which is kinda cool
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
Prev 1 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1431 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE159
Nina 109
Nathanias 59
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13935
Artosis 498
White-Ra 243
ToSsGirL 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever416
NeuroSwarm144
League of Legends
Doublelift4379
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1068
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1898
Liquid`Hasu1319
Trikslyr61
Other Games
summit1g6576
Grubby3528
ArmadaUGS880
shahzam678
JimRising 347
C9.Mang0305
ZombieGrub58
Mew2King48
Maynarde0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick409
BasetradeTV199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream108
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 54
• davetesta37
• musti20045 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 36
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1089
• Scarra1000
• Shiphtur248
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
10h 55m
OSC
13h 55m
Stellar Fest
13h 55m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.